Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

He does look like he does all right with Blarraven+, even if his attack is (naturally) low. I think my Odin was low priority, because between my 5-star Robin (even if he is -atk) and my Reinhardt (and all the other blues in between like Linde and Delthea), I never really needed him. But I did want to build him eventually.

I'm really glad I didn't promote him yet, although I did give him life and death. Good decision, bad decision?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm really glad I didn't promote him yet, although I did give him life and death. Good decision, bad decision?

L&D 2 + Odin 5* is more efficient than L&D 3 + Odin 4*. Assuming, that is, you have tons of spare Hanas. (I do, personally.)

3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Kinda disappointed Cherche didn't get a weapon similar to Nephenee, but this is also good

I’m twenty hundred percent happy that Cherche didn’t get a weapon similar to Nephenee. Even Intsys knows she was meant for a brave.

Yeah, when you look at all the other green fliers, Cherche really needs to be the offensive one for the sake of variety. The only readily-available ones - Beruka, Camilla and Michalis - all have an enemy-phase slant.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Oh, he already has life and death 3. I just haven't promoted him yet.

Yeah, I was assuming you were asking about whether L&D before promotion was efficient or not. If you're talking about whether it's a good idea...

*shrug*

It's good, just not what I would've done. Odin will never lose his reliance on being supported, no matter what you do with him---even a raven TA setup relies on the team being able to check other colors and the occasional CA user---so if I ever build and use him it will be in a team where the final outcome is 'worth it' so to speak. That is, since he starts pretty meh but scales exceedingly well with support, I'd give him ridiculous amounts of support so that he can actually outshine other options in his particular niche.

L&D 3 is the A-slot of choice if you want to reduce his support reliance a bit, since it's a skill-slot's worth of stats, but very much turns him from 'almost ideal mixed-phase unit' into 'generic offensive -blade tome user.' Albeit his support capabilities are very high since a Link refine is ridiculously good---even when you don't need his combat he can still provide up to +6 all stats worth of buffs. It'll be plenty reliable and probably pretty damn good, but I feel like Odin can be even better.

That said, L&D is probably the best option if you want to partner him with a staff user rather than, say, Bow!Lucina or the like. Dazzling Gravity (and the rarer Dazzling Candlelight) means that a unit would, practically speaking, only need their player phase to function, and a staff user's lack of mobility assist means that you can't really rely on Link to get huge buffs, so being more self reliant would be better with a partner that uses staves. Other unit types would probably prefer Odin in a mixed-phase set so that he can control enemy movement better (by counter-killing their asses when they hit him).

Spoiler

Oh that's adorable. Everyone in Leif's family has a spd/def combat buff in the A slot

Oh, and special spiral can be only used by armors and infantry.

Edited by silveraura25

2 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Also, @mampfoid your thoughts for that Cherche upgrade? Figured you’d be excited for that one.

First I'm totally happy she got a prf already and it's not a boring Hammer, anti cav or TA weapon. Brave prf means I can stack SPD (or even more ATK which she doesn't need), but the panic special effect is totally useless to me. 

In arena there are Rally effects to panic, but most of the units I meet have more than 53 HP. In my one-turn clears buffs don't take effect before everyone is dead anyway (on enemy phase). 

9 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

It always takes my phone 10 years to register the fact that the game has updates, SIIIGGGHHHH

The moment I see talk of actual updates coming in, I immediately go check the Play Store for the update. It's always there. (Unlike the one time the iOS App Store didn't get the update for half a day.)

25 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The moment I see talk of actual updates coming in, I immediately go check the Play Store for the update. It's always there. (Unlike the one time the iOS App Store didn't get the update for half a day.)

Yeah, I just manually went to the App Store, IOS is so inconsistent~ Can finally commence cleaning through the Barracks~

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

Yeah, I just manually went to the App Store, IOS is so inconsistent~ Can finally commence cleaning through the Barracks~

The game didn’t prompt me to update on Android too when I learnt of the update some three hours ago.

9 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The game didn’t prompt me to update on Android too when I learnt of the update some three hours ago.

I really only ever get the prompt if I've slept through the update. Almost all the time, I just go straight to the Play Store to get it as soon as possible.

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Usually if I exit out the game and go back in, it tells me about an available update, but it wasn't working for some reason. I always assume it's probably my internet being stupid as it usually is~

And Odin's weapon has me conflicted... this is the best thing he could have gotten without the refine completely busting him but I'm still at a loss weather or not to promote my +SPD/-HP Odin or my +ATK/-HP one. Decisions...

Also I'll be clearing out space tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Cleaning my barracks is going to be the most satisfying thing ever. I'm gonna have so much space.

I know, right? I went down from 608/620 to 305/620. What a wonderful feeling to have space again.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I know, right? I went down from 608/620 to 305/620. What a wonderful feeling to have space again.

It's even better that we don't have to level manuals to promote them...That's going to save me some crystals. That I'm already not really using.

4 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

It's even better that we don't have to level manuals to promote them...That's going to save me some crystals. That I'm already not really using.

Believe it or not, I’m down to 48k universal crystals:
Screenshot_20180906-160705.jpg

Bumping up unused units to lvl 40 to grind HM took the toll on my stocks. Shards, though, yeah.