Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Fjorm uttering "It's not possible!" was hilarious, though, I'll give it that.

*COUGH*

Best line in the whole game so far.
(after “Brother, we can’t eat hay”, of course)

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Never played Geneaology and here I am hating Silvia before I'll ever play it. And look, double dancer + limited turn chapter CC; such fun, much wow. Not hard to beat, but obnoxious to keep everyone alive in.

As for the chapter and its story.... yawn, several Paralogues and a long wait for the thing that shall surprise nobody. At least it's out of the way; it had to happen at some point or another.

Fjorm uttering "It's not possible!" was hilarious, though, I'll give it that.

Btw, could Hrid stop sweating now?

to be fair that thing he's wearing looks like I'd be hell to wear in the middle of Muspell

Holy crap! I summoned a +Atk, -Res Lewyn. 37/37 neutral offenses.

Also, the game trolled me by having Myrrh show up in my first summoning session of Doorway to Destiny banner when I decided to do a first summoning session on the Fury banner hoping she'd show up in some miracle. Well, she did and as an off-focus unit.

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Vaximillian I love the CAPS haha

Welp I was so desperate for orbs I just used my many Light blessings for the quests. Can't wait for the TT.

I want Helbindi to join us somehow though :(

*COUGH*

I used one because I got enraged by something. Don’t remember what. Light’s blessings are just a number.

Am I the only one who doesn’t care about him in the slightest? Oh no, Surtr killed his imouto we never knew!
This is so sad. Azura, sing Lost in Thoughts All Alone.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

*COUGH*

I used one because I got enraged by something. Don’t remember what. Light’s blessings are just a number.

Am I the only one who doesn’t care about him in the slightest? Oh no, Surtr killed his imouto we never knew!
This is so sad. Azura, sing Lost in Thoughts All Alone.

Well it's more I just want to use the male OCs. Also his weapon would be interesting.

Yeah I have way too many Light's Blessings. The Lunatic quest for the last Hoshidan dancers mission was annoying though so I used one at those as well. Screw multiple dancers in one map.

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Kaden Ooh congrats on those! Someone has all the green luck today

Welp I was so desperate for orbs I just used my many Light blessings for the quests. Can't wait for the TT.

I was surprised that he showed up. I guess Takumi was a sign with him and Lewyn being wind-related and all. I figured that I wouldn't get anything out of this banner since I had planned to stop with the first summoning session, but I figured why not do a second one like usual and also poor decisions late in the night. Nope, I somehow bagged Lewyn, Myrrh and Takumi showed up as off-focus units, and Ares finally showed up.

I feel like I'm bragging which if I do sound like, then that was not my intention. For those summoning from this or any banner, I hope you get what you want and happy surprises.

Speaking of Helbindi, I just remembered his weapon and he could be a good partner for Odin. It would require a lot of good timing, though. On odd turns, if he's next to Helbindi, then Odin gets +4/+4/+4/+4 and with Helbindi seeming like an tanky person, dude's basically Hawkeye with a personal weapon and gen 2 stats at this point, you could have him use Reposition or Swap to put him in range of the enemy while getting Odin out of range. That in turn would give Helbindi +6 Atk/Spd and perhaps even +6 Def/Res as well if Odin has Def/Res Link. Hmm, Eirika, Helbindi, and Odin. I wonder how well they would work together. Can't run tactics on Eirika if the fourth ally is an infantry, though.

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Huh when did Eldigan got Dark Stain? 

The previous update? He got it in the update that gave Katarina, Nephenee, and Titania their new weapons: https://twitter.com/feheroes_news/status/1012959178720071685?lang=en.

31 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Holy crap! I summoned a +Atk, -Res Lewyn. 37/37 neutral offenses.

Also, the game trolled me by having Myrrh show up in my first summoning session of Doorway to Destiny banner when I decided to do a first summoning session on the Fury banner hoping she'd show up in some miracle. Well, she did and as an off-focus unit.

As your free summon?

21 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I'm still wondering why I care more about Helbindi than the rest of the OC's

I had my doubts from the chapter "Ylgr" joins you, my doubts weren't misplaced when there was a traitor in the group from the last story chapter and now the traitor revealed. It'd have had more impact if they'd done last chapter, but oh well.

I'm starting to like Helbindi more and more now. I hope we get him

You know, I get that the game doesn't want to give up Loki's motivations too easily and whatnot, but the "suspense" they keep on trying to build up with her and whatever is going on with Surtr is just getting really annoying at this point. Maybe if they released story chapters sooner it'd be acceptable, but this is the first story chapter we had in like ... at least a month? I'm really tired of this and just want it to be over already. Loki, I'd be surprised if anyone cares about your motivations anymore by the end of book 2. Just out with it.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Maybe if they released story chapters sooner it'd be acceptable, but this is the first story chapter we had in like ... at least a month?

The previous chapter was released July 20 with the Awakening banner, so almost two months. We know one of the two banners next month with be Halloween, so the question is, will the second banner this month and/or the first banner next month be seasonals too?

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

The previous chapter was released July 20 with the Awakening banner, so almost two months.

They seriously need to cut down on the seasonals. Like really. Come on.
The next chapter (whenever it comes) will likely close Book II, and we’re back to a hiatus until they decide to start Book III. The story hasn’t progressed so slowly ever, at least that’s the feeling.

Some thoughts on the new chapter:

Spoiler

-I feel like this is the most action we've gotten in a while. Or maybe it's just the story drought we've been stuck in making me feel this way. Not much was accomplished really, but at least we got some Veronica news. 

-I kind of want to punch Alfonse in the face. He has his suspicions about a possible traitor and his instinct is to watch things play out? I love the guy, but I'm not sure how the writers were expecting to play that off as smart. I'm pretty sure some bad stuff happened because Alfonse decided to be sneaky. 

-Sharena really needs something other than, "I lurve mah friendz." It's like...cute up until a certain point...and then it's annoying. I can understand wanting to have some optimism amidst the doom and gloom, but she needs a purpose. Even having her making friends with like..."enemy" villagers that decide to help them later on because of her kindness would make her such a better character. I don't like characters whose only purpose is to be cute. I like cute characters who add something to the party. >.> C'mon IS. Don't do the girl dirty. 

-Fjorm's *cough* evolved into *COUGH.* That's when you know it's serious. 

-I had high expectations for Loki when she first appeared. I like a good "mysterious" villain, but the more she's appeared, the less she's interested me. She doesn't work in this story because the heroes are all so pure-hearted and trusting. She's supposed to be around to sow doubt and chaos, but she fails to do that, so her grand villain persona is mostly reduced to trolling. At this point, I've lost interest in even her personal motives. She's not a good villain for this story. I almost dare to say that she'd be better if IS tried to make her funny instead of "mysterious." 

-Helbindi. ;A; Seriously though. How is it that IS can give him like...more backstory and character-presence than like...Fjorm? 

Note: I definitely expect too much of a gatcha story, but I really like the art of storytelling and characterization in general, so I find picking it apart fun. I'm just glad to have more orbs story in general. And I wanna see Veronica get saved. 

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Sharena really needs something other than, "I lurve mah friendz." It's like...cute up until a certain point...and then it's annoying.

I know, right?! When your only character development over nineteen months is “Brother, we can’t eat hay”, it shows that you’re nothing but comic relief. This infuriates me to no end.

15 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

The previous chapter was released July 20 with the Awakening banner, so almost two months. We know one of the two banners next month with be Halloween, so the question is, will the second banner this month and/or the first banner next month be seasonals too?

Jeez, has it really been that long? I was being generous with my guess.

Even as someone who likes seasonals, it's stupid. All sense of continuity is lost when the players probably won't even remember what happened last. One story chapter a month should be the bare minimum, and if it means releasing one within a week of a paralogue, then so be it, they appeal to different audiences anyway.

And it's long past time to make paralogues 5 maps too, geez.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

I know, right?! When your only character development over nineteen months is “Brother, we can’t eat hay”, it shows that you’re nothing but comic relief. This infuriates me to no end.

This is why I usually end up not liking younger sister characters. I don't know why writers like to reduce them to nothing but cute and innocence. My little sister has never once acted precious in her life. She spends her free time doing intense eye shadow art and building skateboards from scratch. And she does spontaneous things like shaving her head. She used to beat the crap out of MY bullies during recess. But I'll digress. It's a gatcha game, and it's also a popular trope that CAN be done well. 

But poor Sharena. Even if she got to break someone's face once or do something diplomatic, I'd be satisfied... 

9 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Hide contents

I'm just glad to have more orbs story in general. 

The real reason I want more story chapters more than paralogues.

Also speaking of, Sharena did have a different side with the Katarina paralogues (well at least she had a something there which disappeared after that). Wish we get more in the main story I guess.

I think I care a little bit more about Helbindi because he has two sides. Yeah there's the Muspell warrior side, but he is also a little bit caring, like in that chapter with Ylgr. And I guess there's a bit of a Gonzales vibe in there. I mostly am interested in him and the Muspell older sister the main trio + Fjorm I guess. 

Spoiler

Also totally thought the other sacrifice would be either Laevatainn or her sister somehow.

About Helbindi:

Spoiler

Was it a language thing (I'm playing the game in German) or am I not alone thinking his sister isn't actually dead and this is more of Laegjarn trying to help him stop him in his desperate path towards his own destruction? His reaction after the reveal made me think he saw through her plan and, while Surtr would totally do the thing she said, it would also be really easy for her to just tell him he died, and he couldn't care less, allowing Helbindi to temporarily free himself from his otherwise inevitable demise, thus giving him a chance to survive and help his sister later.

Or I'm just an idiot for believing in this possibility.

Just now, Mercakete said:

Anyone else notice the confusing choice to give the thief in Chapter 12-2 Hard mode Firestorm Dance 1?

Yeah. “Wait, what?” — Vaximillian, 2018:
Screenshot_20180907-140740.png
jackie_chan_meme_by_firefox2014-d8p19a4.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Also totally thought the other sacrifice would be either Laevatainn or her sister somehow.

I called Ylgr and Veronica as the two sacrifices since the moment the sacrifice arc began. The whole thing was as subtle as a brick to the face.
And the story showed promise when Book II just started being a thing. I wanted to be more wrong. As of now, it’s painfully boring.

5 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

But poor Sharena. Even if she got to break someone's face once or do something diplomatic, I'd be satisfied... 

I want more people to like Sharena. I want to like Sharena more. But she just doesn’t do anything. ANYTHING beyond just being a cute trusting idiot.
What a waste of character. Fjorm, too. And Gunnthrá. Even in a mobile crossover spinoff, Fire Emblem can’t write female characters to save its life.