Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

23 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

But it’s not an extra orb. It’s the orb that could have been rewarded by the second week of RD Mk I.

We already agree on that. :):

29 minutes ago, Tree said:

I didn't have a problem with the single orb added to tier 21, because that was an addition, and casual players were not really affected. However, this is removing an orb that casual players were used to getting. (The first level orb of the weekly Rival Domains was very accessible to most players.)

29 minutes ago, Tree said:
3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

RD Mk II locks an orb and ten dew which we could have got from RD Mk I. But an orb and ten dew per week was too generous, amirite?

Yeah, I agree. I've completed the first four which gives similar rewards to one week of Rival Domains, but requires a lot more effort. Because this is a two week mode, the rewards for the "second" week of Rival Domains [are] locked behind very hard difficulties. The new Blessed Grounds maps are more effort for the same rewards too, which is yet another reward that will be taken from casual players.

Edited by Tree

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Tree said:

We already agree on that. :):

Ah, I see, I see. I could use some working on my reading comprehension skills.

On the bright side, the new tempest is coming soon, and it’s always enjoyable to me. I’m always looking forward to it.

I sent feedback about this new mode saying how it is not any fun and that it needs a lot of fixing to be playable. Since IS listens to feedback I think everyone that can should send feedback about this mode, if IS gets enough bad comments they should change it.  I said they should scrap it since I couldn't really think of ways they could make it better.

15 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

On the bright side, the new tempest is coming soon, and it’s always enjoyable to me. I’m always looking forward to it.

Strangely enough, that's becoming one of my favorite modes. You are actually rewarded for using units you like and have invested in, there is a boss at the end, and your unit status carries over for each map; that continuity makes it feel more like a quest or adventure. The reward-to-effort ratio is good, and even "failures" still contribute something. When tired of playing, it can be autobattled with less effort than other modes (because it only requires one autobattle click per five maps or so).

Edited by Tree

1 minute ago, Tree said:

When tired of playing, it can be autobattled with less effort than other modes (because it only requires one autobattle click per five maps or so).

This is the mode I’ve never autobattled and I never will. I do enjoy my team running the gauntlet (this should have been called gauntlet, not the monstrosity we’ve got), taking on whatever the Tempest throws at them.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

This is the mode I’ve never autobattled and I never will. I do enjoy my team running the gauntlet (this should have been called gauntlet, not the monstrosity we’ve got), taking on whatever the Tempest throws at them.

Yeah, some sort of "gauntlet" would have been a more fitting name. With the changes they made, it is now reasonably possible to get the rewards without using autobattle at all. Do you get them all, or stop after the unique rewards at 20,000 points?

2 minutes ago, Tree said:

Yeah, some sort of "gauntlet" would have been a more fitting name. With the changes they made, it is now reasonably possible to get the rewards without using autobattle at all. Do you get them all, or stop after the unique rewards at 20,000 points?

Top #5,000 has been my aim for about ten last tempests or so. I think I first broke into 5,000 when Nephenee was a bonus and the BK was the boss. Feathers are good.

Relay Defense enemies are ridiculous. Barely squeaked by map 8, Galeforcing through most of the very first wave (shout-out to @Alkaid‘s Galeforce Peri for the huge assist with that one), then holding enemy Peri in front of the right-side fort with 2 bulky green units for as long as I possibly could. Threw a bow in each group but the first to deal with the fliers, and a friend’s Tiki (Beachside Scion) when none of those bows could one-round the Myrrh.

Bleh.

Edited by LordFrigid

EDIT:

I found something really interesting on gamefaqs.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/204447-fire-emblem-heroes/76980754

Apparently, it's a low-effort clear of maps 6-8 of relay defense. So for people who really want that extra orb at least (like me) let's see if this works out for us.

Edited by Sunwoo

Relay Defense up to map 4 is fine for me and that's the most important one since it gives 10 Divine Dew like with infernal Rival Domains. That being said, I've seen the inflated stats and they're ridiculous. Someone screencapped a Stahl with 38 speed and around 99 HP and 43/35? defenses. And then there's stuff like Hinata surviving against a Dire Thunder Reinhardt with Death Blow 4, y'know, the default Ruby Sword user with the lowest resistance and monstrous Myrrhs with Pivot who screw you over. The other thing I don't like about it is that you need stamina to play them and they can be, up to map 4, as annoying as Rival Domains while also being extremely stupid beyond that. It's only 5 stamina per try, but it adds up. Otherwise, I do like the idea of Relay Defense.

Now, for other stuff, I decided to delve into the CYL2 banner again because why not and I ended up summoning CYL Ephraim and CYL Veronica. They're amazingly enough both +Atk, Ephraim is +Atk, -Res while Veronica is +Atk, -Def, which concerns me with Veronica since she seems to be the F2P pick. We're at a point where we have a lot of free units for PvE, especially if you played since launch, so there are probably enough units who can handle any challenge with the right moves and team composition. Still, Veronica being +Atk, -Def probably will lead to early kills and AI changes because of her defense bane. Had I gotten Hector instead, I would have just picked Veronica and called it day, but Hector, despite having four versions and being a focus unit multiple times, has eluded me every single time. So, part of me knows that picking Veronica would be a good idea, but I also don't want to have two of her at the same time like that. Easiest answer would probably be Fortress Def on her... Even if -Def was a superbane on her, then she would just need Fortress Def 2.

Speaking of Ephraim, how is Flame Siegmund and Steady Breath on him? I just saw a comment about how people were underestimating regular Ephraim and Flame Siegmund. Ephraim needs to be alone or have enemies outnumber his allies for Flame Siegmund to guarantee a follow-up attack for him. That would mean Quick Riposte isn't necessary on him allowing him to run Guard, Special Spiral, or whatever the hell he wants for a B passive. Also, that would mean he doesn't need to run Quick Riposte for his seal if he's running different B passive. Instead, he can run Close Def, Obstruct, Panic Ploy, Atk/Spd Smoke, whatever. And as noted, the one advantage he has over promoted Ephraim is that as an infantry, he can use a Breath skill, so Flame Siegmund and Steady Breath would be like running any other Steady Breath, Quick Riposte/Vengeful Fighter build, but with a different requirement for the follow-up attack.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

EDIT:

Apparently, it's a low-effort clear of maps 6-8 of relay defense. So for people who really want that extra orb at least (like me) let's see if this works out for us.

I will have to try these later since I want that dew and orb and not even my Friends +10s have helped me beat 6 and beyond.  

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

EDIT:

Thank you! I will try that strategy out now! Feels like cheating, but fuck those bull shit stats and enemy swarms.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

Thank you! I will try that strategy out now! Feels like cheating, but fuck those bull shit stats and enemy swarms.

I mean, every strat that works against a more numerous team with about 20 more in every stat than you is going to feel like cheating. You either cheat with how broken staves are or cheat with how stupid the AI is.

50 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I mean, every strat that works against a more numerous team with about 20 more in every stat than you is going to feel like cheating. You either cheat with how broken staves are or cheat with how stupid the AI is.

I think I prefer to "cheat" with how stupid the AI is, as that seems cheaper. Staff users require a lot of investment and resources that I do not have right now.

Have you tried out your Pain staff users yet? I think I will need to try to pull a lot of Takumis when he comes around.

3 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

I said they should scrap it since I couldn't really think of ways they could make it better.

I agree. I just want it scrapped entirely. It is basically a huge fuck you to people who do not have 5*+10 friends. And even if you do have a shit load of 5*+10 friends, it is more of a press-End-Turn-and-pray thing with little strategy involved.

If they want to keep it, they should reduce the stat disparity by at least giving all the player's units +10/4/4/4/4 stats like in Arena or Tempest Trials, and hopefully reduce the enemies' health by at least 20.

— — — — — — —

I beat map 8! The strategy works! I am finely done with this fucking bullshit mode.

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

EDIT:

Perfect timing! I had just finished level 5 on my own and it wasn't looking good for the remainder of the levels. Thanks for the link.

The units are common and you can pretty much substitute anything that is similar. I'm pretty sure my Alfonse has a different refine. (Sometimes color isn't even important.) There are some seals and skills you have to adjust depending on your units, ivs, and other factors (like unequipping a weapon at one point), but all three (6, 7, 8) worked well.

Veronica's "There, there..." sounds so appropriately awkward. Also, I find it amusing that it's implied the summoner treats her and others like a kid. The again, who wouldn't want to give Myrrh headpats? :p

Also, CYL Ephraim and Special Fighter are busted. Veronica's staff is pretty dumb too.

L'Arachel needs to win CYL3. Either that, or she becomes a legendary heroine with Latona. What stupidity could arise from more healers with personal staves?

Edited by Kaden

8 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Veronica's "There, there..." sounds so appropriately awkward. Also, I find it amusing that it's implied the summoner treats her and others like a kid. The again, who wouldn't want to give Myrrh headpats? :p

Also, CYL Ephraim and Special Fighter are busted. Veronica's staff is pretty dumb too.

L'Arachel needs to win CYL3. Either that, or she becomes a legendary heroine with Latona. What stupidity could arise from more healers with personal staves?

What does Special Fighter do again? I have him, i just still don't get what the skill does.

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

Veronica is +Atk, -Def, which concerns me with Veronica since she seems to be the F2P pick.

My Veronica is [+hp,-res] which is similar to neutral once you add the  attack +3 A skill and the fortress resistance seal. Unfortunately, that takes up the seal slot. Yours is actually better than mine in general use: [+atk,-def] is a great IV! Yours is also better for guides too! Because she doesn't have a default A skill, you can put the Fortress Defense 1 A skill there and make her IV exactly neutral while still having the seal slot free.

Edited by Tree

11 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

What does Special Fighter do again? I have him, i just still don't get what the skill does.

It essentially makes it easier for him to trigger his Special while making it harder for his opponent to do the same. What it does is that (so long as Ephraim’s HP is at the threshold the skill requires it to be) the cooldown count for his Special goes down an extra point per each hit while his opponent’s cooldown count increases by an extra point per hit.

@LordFrigidGlad she was of help!

I'm still struggling to beat the 8th map. it's mainly the first turn I can't get down, in order to start a proper pile up on the right side like I need to. I was already trying to lure Maribelle down like those videos do, but I can't seem to manage it yet with the units I've tried, and I'd rather not spend TA fodder on Anna to use her (I don't have mine refined or anything yet either).

20 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Basically combine Guard and the special increase effects Steady/Warding Breath and make it so it works on both phases And thanks to Garm he always doubles too. Really I know folks like Hector this time round, but this guy is nuts.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

I'd rather not spend TA fodder on Anna to use her (I don't have mine refined or anything yet either).

I'd say the refine isn't important for level 8. Mine has the movement refine, so that's essentially just 3 HP.

I do have triangle adept 3, but I didn't bother with lance breaker. I had a different issue; Anna kept defeating the lance flier immediately. I used the default drive attack on Fjorm (instead of hone attack 3 in the video) and moved Fjorm first so the drive would not affect Anna.

8 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

@LordFrigidGlad she was of help!

I'm still struggling to beat the 8th map. it's mainly the first turn I can't get down, in order to start a proper pile up on the right side like I need to. I was already trying to lure Maribelle down like those videos do, but I can't seem to manage it yet with the units I've tried, and I'd rather not spend TA fodder on Anna to use her (I don't have mine refined or anything yet either).

Anna just needs Triangle Adept 2. Nóatún's Refinement does not do anything in combat, so even Silver Axe will probably work. I am not sure if she needs to be 5* though.