Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Three consecutive weeks of new hero banners? That's completely unprecedented, right? I always was a proponent of three banners a month - one seasonal and two regular, but now we somehow have three regular ones in three weeks.

The game is going to make me regret the orbs I frittered away on Lewyn (added a few more attempts to try for Special Spiral for Lilina to no success). And that's before remembering that the legendary banner this month is shaping up to be a blockbuster, with LeHector and M Grima possibly co-starring.

That said, it's a quiet month event-wise so I wonder if they figured it was a good time to push out some lower profile heroes that wouldn't rake in huge amounts and then stack them in closely-spaced banners.

P.S. DC axe cav Silas thanks.

Edited by Humanoid

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

20 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Three consecutive weeks of new hero banners? That's completely unprecedented, right? I always was a proponent of three banners a month - one seasonal and two regular, but now we somehow have three regular ones in three weeks.

The game is going to make me regret the orbs I frittered away on Lewyn (added a few more attempts to try for Special Spiral for Lilina to no success). And that's before remembering that the legendary banner this month is shaping up to be a blockbuster, with LeHector and M Grima possibly co-starring.

That said, it's a quiet month event-wise so I wonder if they figured it was a good time to push out some lower profile heroes that wouldn't rake in huge amounts and then stack them in closely-spaced banners.

That is a possibility, though I doubt they would make two month-long banners for lower-profile people. I think at least one of 'em's gonna be something a bit bigger than that.

Also, that's a lot of banners in a short timespan right there. Friday has New Heroes #1, then two days later the Celica/Odin/Cherche New Power banner, then next Friday has New Heroes #2, a few days later there's Heroes with Swift Sparrow, shortly after that we get the Legendary Hero banner, then early in October we'll get the Ishtar & Reinhardts BHB Banner, Heroes with Ploy Skills and a Special Heroes banner fairly quickly. That's 8 banners on this calendar, with 5 banners to go in this month alone. I'm just gonna focus on the New Heroes banners, maybe the Special Heroes depending on what's in there.

Gonna go out on a limb here and guess that Friday's banner will be Rinkah (Green Axe Infantry, Possible Demote), Silas (Blue Lance Cav, Possible Demote) and Charlotte (Green Axe Infantry, Staying 5-Star Only Forever), with GHB Flora (hopefully with some kind of Brave Dagger+).

EDIT: Why DC Axe Cav for Silas?

Edited by ILikeKirbys

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

i find it strangely disappointing that Cherche’s Axe’s Atk refine is only 1 extra might instead of 2.

No surprise here, of course it's the first Brave weapon with a refinement, but so far 1 mt extra is the standard ATK stat refinement. Death Blow special effect would have been cool to run HB on A all the time, LnD3 would have been cool to quad. 

So many banners ... I'm trying to save orbs for the next legendary banner. No idea if I can hold them together for so long (2.5 weeks) if the 1 month long banner would bring something really cool. 

3 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

EDIT: Why DC Axe Cav for Silas?

Because I am the enemy of canon.

A slight exaggeration, but I think I'm pretty much the one who cares about canon the least here, and feel it's far more important to fill out the roster with a good balanced variety of unit types. Every new addition should fill an under-served niche whenever possible, so new units like Sylvia bother me as they essentially add nothing new to the game. As such, I just want a DC axe cav any would happily take one no matter who they are. Bonus if the character would otherwise be in an oversaturated pool anyway, which both sword or lance Silas would be.

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

Because I am the enemy of canon.

Ah, that makes sense.

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

A slight exaggeration, but I think I'm pretty much the one who cares about canon the least here, and feel it's far more important to fill out the roster with a good balanced variety of unit types. Every new addition should fill an under-served niche whenever possible, so new units like Sylvia bother me as they essentially add nothing new to the game. As such, I just want a DC axe cav any would happily take one no matter who they are. Bonus if the character would otherwise be in an oversaturated pool anyway, which both sword or lance Silas would be.

That's a pretty good reason. And I was disappointed when Walhart didn't have a DC axe, so now I want DC Axe Silas too. It's not like it would come completely out of nowhere either, since he can promote to Great Knight in Fates and get axcess to axes. And it'd get him out of the Sword and Lance pools where he'd probably drown in better horses, and into the Green pool, which has I think 3 axecavs and thus far less competition.

I would argue that Silvia at least brings a RES-boosting sword to the game, though. Not sure that's all that big of a thing to bring, but it's something we didn't have before, at least.

Considering chapter 12 sounded like it will end soon and we get "Book 2 Quests" on the 22nd, I wouldn't be suprised if Book 2 get finished by 13-14 chapter - maybe 13 + some bonus thing like it was at the end of Book 1. 

Wow great news so many new heroes coming (hopefully no alts).  The banners overlap too, which is great.  If the next one is Flora and fates hopefully the one after that is Tellius. Wait that one after...is a month long.  Has to be beast units or something real special like...Bruno, original Veronica, Laegjarn and Laevatein!  

Also means we will get more story chapters and likely finish off book 2...finally.  

Well that's some fast turnabout, eh?

That GHB's timing is really awkward considering it's on the day before the second banner so it could be either one. Also, Ishtar + Reinhardt and Saias rerun likely doesn't mean Thracia but I can dream dammit! Personally, BB and Thracia should be the next two. I'd hope, but I doubt it.

I'd guess the end of the story is that second banner as well, with 3.0 next month. Get hype?

Wow... glad I started working when I did.

Wonder what the month-long New Heroes is about... we already have CYL, and I can't imagine CYL runner-ups would get a whole month-long banner to themselves when the CYL winners only get three weeks...

Spoiler

Woah woah woah! Really!? It’s actually Flora! The only reason I’m surprised is because I wasn’t expecting that we’d find out so soon.

Also, if she is one of the achievement icons, then could she be in the summoning pool instead of being a free unit? Because outside of the OCs and Xander (who was all the way back in chapter 2) all the achievement icons feature someone in the summoning pool. And usually it’s one of the 5* exclusive units.

I guess it doesn’t really matter in the end but I always figured she would have a GHB of her own.

For a moment I could have assumed the long banner durations be part of Book II banners IF they finally decide to end its bland storyline. Like I dunno, Hrid, Laegjarn, Helbindi, Laevatein. Ylgr and even Surtr. No Loki, cause she is obviously gonna be some sort of Servant for the ultimate evil dragon or whatever, meaning she would outlive Book II for quite some time.

Spoiler

With that spoiler, however.... guess I'm completely wrong and I don't see why they will last that long. Wait and see, I guess. No Haar and Jill is all I need to freely spend all orbs on Myrrh and save up afterwards; Flora is therefore a good sign..... for now.

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

The color of the unit is determined by their background color

Reveal hidden contents

Which means Flora is a red dagger unit

That'd be awesome as we'd get our first color ranged unit in the regular summoning pool. Random green archer Takumi when?

On another note, I decided to promote my +Spd, -Res Cherche so I can have another 5* axe flier and also because her new axe makes her pretty flexible. Cherche's Axe gives her a Brave option and her Slaying Hammer lets her be an anti-armor unit. Also, 20 extra Divine Dew which leaves me needing only 20 more for 200 for whatever legendary weapon I want to refine. I'm going to be a bit peeved if they end up giving Gerome Cherche's Axe. It would make sense for him to be given her axe as if he tragically inherited it, but at the same time, it might be better if they go the Nephenee route with him or something instead.

Gerome's Warhammer: "16 Mt. Effective against armored and cavalry foes." Maybe the unique refine could be similar to Gáe Bolg's, "In combat against an armored, cavalry, or flier foe, grants Atk/Def+5 during combat." Gerome would murder armors and cavalry. Effective damage and +5 attack would probably be overkill. With a personal weapon, he'd have 54 total attack (38 base + 16 Mt), against those movement types, he'd gain 5 more attack giving him 59 attack, and against armors and cavalry, his attack would be multiplied by 1.5 for 88 effective attack. Now all we need is for him and other TT units to be put into the regular summoning banner. Or seasonal for the ones that aren't regular units. :p

Back to Cherche, she's one of the few units given weapons who don't really need it be refined to make her better. Unique refine gives her more utility while the stat refines are stat refines. Celica's in this weird spot of her refined Ragnarok is busted, but most of my unique refines have been red and I'd like to be able to get more sources of Fury 3 or L&D3 before I commit to her even though it's already really good on its own. Brazen Atk/Spd being introduced to a regular unit would be neat too since I don't have winter Robin and I'd like to have and keep one before burning one for Brazen Atk/Spd and even then, I'd have to be desperate since he, like Linus, is limited. Odin would give great support and self-sufficiency with his unique refine, but if he somehow doesn't get buffed, then he's stuck being Odin. He would be the second blue with a unique refined weapon, though, compared to reds having four, Alm, Eirika, Ephraim, and Lilina, and greens having three, Linus, Michalis, and Soren. Colorless isn't really an option with me only having Jaffar and Takumi as 5* units where I already refined Jaffar's Deathly Dagger and he really does benefit from any refine to give him a 14 Mt dagger while Takumi's unique Fujin Yumi is very specific in what it does even though it is helpful for him. If only Fierce Stance was more common and I had a +Atk, -Def Jeorge. I'd go ham with unique refined Parthia. Ditto for Ephraim if he wasn't -Def and I had a ton of BH Ikes for some Flame Siegmund, Steady Breath shenanigans. Might go with Raven instead for Pavise, Shield Pulse shenanigans instead. Cue Karla showing up somehow. That'd be fun too. If Lewyn hadn't shown up, I might have considered Merric since I have a +Atk, -HP copy of him, but I'll hold off for now.

Speaking of Karla, I recently found out that abyssal Marth doubles +Spd Karla. If she doesn't have Even Speed Wave activate or is -Spd, then she's screwed. 50 freaking speed. What the hell, game?

Edited by Kaden
Typo

9 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

For a moment I could have assumed the long banner durations be part of Book II banners IF they finally decide to end its bland storyline. Like I dunno, Hrid, Laegjarn, Helbindi, Laevatein. Ylgr and even Surtr.

That's still a reasonable guess for the banner on the 21st. The one on the 14th looks to be just a regular banner and the only reason it runs for three weeks is likely just because they needed to make room for the second banner launch. If you look at the end date, the first one just ends right as the seasonal starts, so it very much feels like the regular new heroes banners, just pushed out a little early. The other one is the true wildcard.

1 hour ago, Javi Blizz said:
  Hide contents

Flame Shuriken (aka inheritable armorslayer dagger) when?

Also, red is the only missing coloured dagger...and bow. Why miss both of them?

Spoiler

Too many reds maybe? 

Also hm... Flora...red dagger...flame shuriken...

..Rite of Flames? Two sacrifices for Surtr? 

Also I guess this sort of is a counterpart to the Nifl Rite of Frost and having mostly Hoshidan units.

@eclipse is the exophase source considered okay for no spoilers? Google play store achievements were used as it's source, but I'm not sure if it was datamined from the store itself

Spoiler

I'm calling it. Reluctant villain banner. It strikes me as strange that no alt depicted as the achievement. Conquest has so many desirable characters that people would like as alts

Edited by silveraura25

Spoiler

Calling it now, since next chapter is about saving the sacrifices for the Rite of Flames...

It's a Fates banner but with a peculiar theme.

Flora, Scarlet and...uhhh.. Izana? Mikoto?

Scarlet would be nice in Heroes either way.

Regarding the late Silas discussion- if he comes in one of the banners, I hope he'll be a demote. I don't really care what weapon he'll be or if he's not overpowered or anything. I can see him being a lance cavalier though...hopefully to make him easier to pull compared to being red haha.

Unless he becomes a random Bow Knight Silas because he can reclass into one

Did Book 1 have Book 1 quests when it was ending? I forget.

I don't think the special heroes banner is PA part 2. We practically already got that in the form of the yukata dancers. We don't need two special banners in a row that feature all dancers.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I don't think the special heroes banner is PA part 2. We practically already got that in the form of the yukata dancers. We don't need two special banners in a row that feature all dancers.

I agree completely. It’s very unlikely that they are going to add even more ass-pulled dancers so soon after the yukata banner. Halloween is infinitely more likely for October.