Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Anyone else see the notification about F!Grima returning in November? January seems to have both Ike and Eirika slated to return. So it seems they'll be starting to have two LG Heroes from the same colour running at the same time.

On one hand, this is good, because it means less time for individual heroes to be rerun. On the other.. we now have no idea which colour November's hero is going to be. Please let them be colourless, I am so sick of F!Grima making colourless a bad place to summon from for me every single time.

Edited by Nanima

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Hmm, Abyssal Eirika was pretty annoying.

I wanted to do it 'fairly' with my main team but my normal play style kills too many people, too fast, so I endedĀ up memorizing the units who spawn reinforcements when you kill them---so I spaced out reinforcements over like 5 turns or so rather than getting 8 units reinforced a turn like I'd get if I played normally.

@eclipseĀ Thought you might like to know that brave bow Leon was my key to solving the infernal legendary Eirika map. Even more hilariously, I had to get him attacked by the troubadour twice to put him in wings of mercy range so Eirika and PA!Azura could teleport to safety.

And here's the video for Abyssal Eirika (I don't see a thread for it, so it's in general.)

Not a fan of the way I cleared it---felt pretty cheesy the way I deliberately avoided killing the people that spawn reinforcements---but my team isn't very good at dealing with massed units. *shrug*

Spoiler

Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

And here's the video for Abyssal Eirika (I don't see a thread for it, so it's in general.)

Not a fan of the way I cleared it---felt pretty cheesy the way I deliberately avoided killing the people that spawn reinforcements---but my team isn't very good at dealing with massed units. *shrug*

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

Ā 

Ā 

That's just called being tactical. You did what worked best for your team. No cheesing about it :)

I'm pretty stumped with Eirika Abyssal so far. My Rein and Lyn don't seem up to the task of Abyssal, and not having 3 mov units makes it hard to reach all the reinforcements to take them out before getting boxed in.

Edit: And no sooner do I comment than figure it out, even if it took two dancers to finally do it. I was trying to keep it to just 1. Camilla + Summer Camilla as the duo MVPs. I needed to chain WoM and Reposition to shuffle my whole force out back to the starting spot at the very end. I had been getting stuck in the middle before trying to deal with the green infantry mage plus Eirika's group moving towards me.

Edited by Alkaid

33 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

For those who care

Ā  Hide contents

Both L!Eirika and L!Ike are returning for the January Legendary banner. Which makes it the first time two legendary heroes of the same color on one bannerĀ 

Ā 

This will probably mean no more regular units in Legendary Banners. Can't say i haven't saw it comming. At one point Lbanners will probably be all Legendaries just to keep them on circulation.

47 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

This will probably mean no more regular units in Legendary Banners. Can't say i haven't saw it comming. At one point Lbanners will probably be all Legendaries just to keep them on circulation.

that's... notĀ tooĀ bad, but it will suck for seasonals for sure. unless they do something else.Ā 

Ā 

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Why should they? Seasonals should be seasonal.

i didn't say they should. i simply said it would suck for seasonals. if legendary became simply rotating legendaries in and out that would be fine
which means that would more than likely change people's summoning practices (ie: perhaps skipping some legendaries to concentrate on focus banners for X unit, or for the Seasonal one).Ā 

15 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

that's... notĀ tooĀ bad, but it will suck for seasonals for sure. unless they do something else.Ā 

From a marketing standpoint, there's literally zero reason to remove seasonals from the Legendary Hero banners.

If they do start having more than 4 Legendary Heroes on a single banner, it'll be characters from the standard summoning pool that disappear first.

On the other hand, due to the fact that they've pretty much caught up in terms of seasonals, there's very little reason to run more than 3 seasonals on each Legendary Hero banner, leaving more space for more Legendary Heroes to find their way onto each banner.

They'll definitely remove regular units before Seasonals. People will spend more to get a Limited unit than a regular one that's just rare (and I doubt they'll prevent people from having another chance at units that otherwise only appear once a year)~

I am happy about the chance for two Legendary units to share a color, especially the upcoming one since, I could use both of them~

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

From a marketing standpoint, there's literally zero reason to remove seasonals from the Legendary Hero banners.

If they do start having more than 4 Legendary Heroes on a single banner, it'll be characters from the standard summoning pool that disappear first.

On the other hand, due to the fact that they've pretty much caught up in terms of seasonals, there's very little reason to run more than 3 seasonals on each Legendary Hero banner, leaving more space for more Legendary Heroes to find their way onto each banner.

pretty much. i mean either way the do it it will be interesting.Ā 
I was talking with someone last night, and it would be curious if they would just run more seasonal banners (as one would imagine there will be "new" seasonals" and it will be a chance for those to catch up, or whale or what not - or something akin to a "Seasonal Legendary" like i mentioned - butĀ duringĀ the seasonal period. ie. you have ALL the brides in a banner, and say 5 percent chance vs. 8 (for legendary). if it's more of a too bad/so sad. then (bummer) butĀ  again. will be curious what they do in year 3 of the game when there'll be (assumedly) another wave of seasonals etc (and more legendaries). but like you said. if they nix the regulars, that's fine too - (because it just means you try to get those on focus banners.Ā 

They ought to just put the old seasonals into a replacement 5* pool that is used instead of the regular 5* pool, and use that for any and all seasonal banners. That pool should have no regular units in it, so if you get pitybroken during a seasonal banner, it will be by another seasonal.

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

They ought to just put the old seasonals into a replacement 5* pool that is used instead of the regular 5* pool, and use that for any and all seasonal banners. That pool should have no regular units in it, so if you get pitybroken during a seasonal banner, it will be by another seasonal.

i was telling that to a friend yesterday.Ā 
Like. "HALLOWEEN BANNER."
Ā 

it's either fodderĀ orĀ the unit. it's nothing of focas at all.Ā 
(heck i've always said. why not (in these banners) also have them as 3 and 4 star. you'd still pay a TONNE of money to get a lot of (good IVs) and raise them up. it doens't always have to be 5* or bust.Ā 

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

That'd be nice. Could be a bit low on reds, but that difference seems to be getting less extreme over time.

someone mentioned this on gamepress.Ā  -Ā 

people throw a lot of money on the game. i wonder if they would consider "buying" heroes with orbsĀ 

sort of like. you can pay to summon (but it only costs say 2-3 orbs
then you can actuallyĀ seeĀ who it is, and every hero has a direct cost so you can still "snipe" per se, it just costs you more orbs. thus still haivng people buy more orbs to do what they need to do.Ā 

WHOOO

Ā 

I entered Blue Banner because it have 2 character i want

Ā 

Early blue orbs gave me Sumia

And then i went for 1 more Blue and got Leprechaun

Ā 

Time to spend 40.000 feather to build him rip

5 hours ago, Humanoid said:

So Iā€™m not the only one whoā€™s thought of this. I really hope this is brought up by the time we inevitably get our third easter banner.Ā 

I was just about to ask if we failed to get Oliver, but there he is in the presents.

Ā 

Heroes has really burnt me out lately. It isn't even the repetitive schedule or lack of new modes. I am even ok with character powercreep as long as no one will ever go above the 180-184 BST bin. The major drag for me is the skill powercreep. I want to stay in tier 21 each week but it is getting harder and harder. And now in order for my units to continue to score high enough, I need to fodder off new 5* units for their skills? God forbid if anyone want to actually +10 those units someday.

I have enough powerful units to clear any and all PvE content, and I have enough fodder and feather resources to promote and use the 4* options in each arena season so I will be transitioning to mostly F2P with the exception being the monthly orb + bonus deal.

My one last copy of Halloween Jakob for him be be +10 was going to be the last unit I spent for, but after spending most of the free orbs I had been saving up just to get a H!Sakura and two off banner 5*s I really don't think I will continue to try for it. It's not like he will ever be a bonus unit in the Arena again, and the 10th merge does almost nothing for his performance.

Ā 

Part of the reason for my frustration is because I also picked up Dragalia Lost 11 days ago, and that game is loads of fun. It does so many things better than heroes just from a quality of life standpoint. It encourages spending with bonus resource packs each month and daily discounted summons. Resource farming is super easy and worthwhile. Freebie characters and Dragons are common so far. There is player to player interaction that just isn't possible with FEH due to it being a turn based strategy game. The story characters and Dragons are more than strong enough to get you through the main story and a majority of the other content so it isĀ very F2P friendly. The events are completely different from one anotherĀ so far and give out some fantastic rewards.

There are just so many things that it does that I wish FEH could try to mimic. Book 3 had better bring some massive changes along with it. More free 5* characters with every event. A skill shop. A way to upgrade to the tier 4 blows, and dual rally + skills. Right now FEH is just way to whale friendly.

2 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Snip

I was wondering where you went, but yeah. FEH has a lot to learn from other gachas when it comes to actual content and rewards that are meaningful.

I decided to do one more session of summoning. Got another Eirika. Thought I'd try for the other orbs since I had broken my pity rate. Garbage pulls. Should've stopped with Eirika. Anyways, I gave Nanna Atk/Spd Push. Feels good. Now if that +Atk -Res nature comes rolling around

Edited by silveraura25

18 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I was wondering where you went, but yeah. FEH has a lot to learn from other gachas when it comes to actual content and rewards that are meaningful.

I decided to do one more session of summoning. Got another Eirika. Thought I'd try for the other orbs since I had broken my pity rate. Garbage pulls. Should've stopped with Eirika. Anyways, I gave Nanna Atk/Spd Push. Feels good. Now if that +Atk -Res nature comes rolling around

It also doesn't help that I just quit my job and walked away from a pretty good career path so I could move back to where IĀ grew up (to be happier I hope). So I won't be spending any money on things I don't need for a while.

My Nanna is +atk/-HP. Ā Healers mostly run Miracle so HP isn't the most important stat and my Nanna has CC and Absorb staff.

Ā 

If they handed out 5* copies of TT and GHB characters with every single event they did, it wouldn't affect orb purchases at all. None of those characters would be top Arena scoring units in the Arena even at +10 and as long as IS never put them as bonus units, people would still have to pull for new units.

Also a problem with the summoning pool is that it is just getting too big. And not just the 5* pool. With every new banner that gets added, the odds of getting older characters goes down. Look at @Zeo, he has been waiting for his final copy of Mathew for like almost 6 months now. Something Dragalia lost does is that it shows the odds of getting every single thing there is to summon, and some 3* and 4*sĀ have boosted rates among banners as well as the featured 5*s. If a FE6 banner had higher chances to summonĀ 3* and 4* units fromĀ FE6,Ā Ā they could see more pulling from people who are just patiently hoarding their orbs and waiting until those extra copies they need just find their way to them.

I am 99% certain that characters do have higher odds of being pulled either on certain banners or certain times of the day. Some more transparency would be very nice if this was the case.

Ā 

Ok, enough talking about my frustrations. AnythingĀ interesting going on with FEH? I see that Tailtiu is one of the biggest underdogs in VG history right now. And Poor Eirika is going to be a mass murdered for her A-skill until it drops to the 4* pool in a few months.

That Legendary banner has a lot of stuff I would love to pull for...