Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Silverly said:

Ditto. Some people just aren’t aware of the math behind summoning and how much of a bargain these can be.

Yep. A 7.9% base summoning rate on Surtr when sniping green is almost bargain-bin prices. That's better than 1 in 13 odds, which is absurdly silly.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, Silverly said:

Ditto. Some people just aren’t aware of the math behind summoning and how much of a bargain these can be.

That also means nothing to them if they have no interest in the characters put in front of them, including what they bring skill-wise. They might also expect a New Heroes banner to introduce new characters. I'd say that's playing a role in their disappointment too.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That also means nothing to them if they have no interest in the characters put in front of them, including what they bring skill-wise. They might also expect a New Heroes banner to introduce new characters. I'd say that's playing a role in their disappointment too.

Where was that disappointment, then, during the Generals of Muspell and Brave Redux banners?

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Where was that disappointment, then, during the Generals of Muspell and Brave Redux banners?

A good deal of people actually wanted the Muspell generals and the Brave Redux characters. I don't think nearly as many wanted either Ylgr or Surtr. Those two banners also had the benefit of not following a New Heroes banner with four alts.

Edited by Tybrosion

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That’s not the point. Disappointment in the characters themselves is one thing, but the banner format itself shouldn’t ruffle people’s feathers. Some people could potentially +10 characters they do care about should another banner like this shows up.

14 minutes ago, Silverly said:

That’s not the point. Disappointment in the characters themselves is one thing, but the banner format itself shouldn’t ruffle people’s feathers. Some people could potentially +10 characters they do care about should another banner like this shows up.

Not every FEH player has their sights set on getting +10 on their favorites either. For people who are still waiting on their favorite(s) to just get into FEH, this banner and its format has every right to disappoint and possibly anger them if it means the rate at which characters get added into FEH is going to slow down even further.

Yeah I don't merge characters at all. The investment required I consider ridiculous for a f2p player like myself and I just prefer 5*ing 10 different units instead.

I'd much rather have more new heroes introduced into the game.

7 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Yeah I don't merge characters at all. The investment required I consider ridiculous for a f2p player like myself and I just prefer 5*ing 10 different units instead.

I'd much rather have more new heroes introduced into the game.

I think a good way to do it is to simply release Foci with 1 Focus unit, but release multiple Foci at the same time. All players get more free pulls, players who like to snipe can snipe more efficiently, while players who want more characters will still get the same amount of characters (assuming they release multiple Foci), and Intelligent Systems will now have a pretty solid idea of how profitable each character is and can make better decisions regarding which characters to put in the game.

Merging characters makes content way too easy. I'd rather give myself a challenge, since most (if not all) of the content can be done with base merged units, the right skills, and some creativity.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

For people who are still waiting on their favorite(s) to just get into FEH, this banner and its format has every right to disappoint and possibly anger them if it means the rate at which characters get added into FEH is going to slow down even further.

Every banner that doesn't include a player's favorites does this exact same thing.

A banner of Awakening characters, whether it's 1 character or 10 isn't going to make Fiona get added any sooner or later.

Edited by Ice Dragon

26 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

A banner of Awakening characters, whether it's 1 character or 10 isn't going to make Fiona get added any sooner or later.

If those 10 characters are on 10 different banners instead of 1 banner, that's nine spots in the banner queue that could have been filled by other banners.

Or to put it another way, if Surt and Yolg had been on the Muspell banner and literally any other banner been tomorrow, those character would be added to Heroes sooner.

Edited by Baldrick

7 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

If those 10 characters are on 10 different banners instead of 1 banner, that's nine spots in the banner queue that could have been filled by other banners.

What makes you think those other banners would not be Awakening banners? There are more than 10 Awakening characters not yet in the game.

I don’t care that it is a 2 unit banner. That’s fine. Ylgr’s weapon type is stupid, but I can live with it. The BIG issue is Surtr and his broke as fuck weapon actually being added. Oh and that wasn’t enough IS? You had to go and give him a broken as fuck C-skill as well?

I am so sick of every single banner basically one-upping the previous banner with more and more over-powered characters and power-creeped skills. I realize it is inevitable, but let’s slow it down a bit. Sinmara is just stupid though and shouldn’t be a thing. Surtr is now the ultimate unit for softening up enemies for your bonus unit to get kills, and whales have a big advantage with their ability to +10 him. 

Ylgr’s weapon effect is neat though. Basically she will double as long as her Spd is 1 higher than her opponent. I would have much preferred her to be a healer though. 

Lol, watch us get a single focus unit banner with Hrid in a month or two. 

I need to go drop 200k feathers on armor effective weapons/units...

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

What makes you think those other banners would not be Awakening banners? There are more than 10 Awakening characters not yet in the game.

There are X Awakening characters. If 1 character is added per banner, it will take X banners to fill the roster. If 10 characters per banner, it will take X/10 banners.

If Fiona won't be added until all the Awakening characters are, then the quicker all the Awakening characters are added, the quicker Fiona will be added.

Of course, this is working under the assumption that they will eventually add every playable character and not just spam alts.

Edited by Baldrick

6 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

The BIG issue is Surtr and his broke as fuck weapon actually being added. Oh and that wasn’t enough IS? You had to go and give him a broken as fuck C-skill as well?

Threaten skills are extremely niche skills, though.

Surtr's Threaten skills are really only good if you're relying on baiting him (and he doesn't have Armor March from an ally) to deal with him.

7 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

There are X Awakening characters. If 1 character is added per banner, it will take X banners to fill the roster. If 10 characters per banner, it will take X/10 banners.

Of course, this is working under the assumption that they will eventually add every playable characters and not just spam alts.

The number of years it is currently going to take to actually cover all of a game's characters is long enough that it really doesn't matter unless suddenly every new character banner is 10 characters.

Ehhhhhh Surtr is okay I think. His weapon and skill only take effect at the start of the turn, which means you have to move him into position, wait a turn during which enemies will have the chance to dogpile his ass, and then go for the kill the next turn in the event Surtr hasn't already been rekt. Not very useful in PvP I think since Surtr will pretty much be kill on sight the moment he gets into range, but might be fun to use in PvE.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Threaten skills are extremely niche skills, though.

Surtr's Threaten skills are really only good if you're relying on baiting him (and he doesn't have Armor March from an ally) to deal with him.

My Selena runs a pair of threatens >:(

(For reals though they're terrible.)

The main thing Threatens have going for them is that debuffing Atk is as good as buffing def and res at once, main problem is the only people who can use them consistently are the people who aren't exactly having bulk problems.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The number of years it is currently going to take to actually cover all of a game's characters is long enough that it really doesn't matter unless suddenly every new character banner is 10 characters.

Even so, 2 character banners means that a lower percentage of characters will be covered, and those characters will be added at a slower rate.

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

The main thing Threatens have going for them is that debuffing Atk is as good as buffing def and res at once, main problem is the only people who can use them consistently are the people who aren't exactly having bulk problems.

The other big problem with them is that in any game mode where you fight ranged units often, the enemy gets to attack you before your Threaten goes off.

3 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Even so, 2 character banners means that a lower percentage of characters will be covered, and those characters will be added at a slower rate.

You've unfortunately caught me in a somewhat cynical mood where I would not be surprised if they'd just have alts lined up to pad later banners.

I'm one of those incredibly disappointed. I want new characters, so the pulling odds mean little to me. Somehow, they've also managed to add all the ocs except Hrid and Bruno - two of the ones I want the most -.-

I really hope this doesn't become the norm, unless they add multiple banners. I don't see why we couldn't have had Hrid or Bruno added, since we have Loki even and she's still in the story. Screw this banner. They managed to give us no alts and still disappoint me hard -.-

Edited by Cute Chao

I'm mostly fine with this banner. People seem to be forgetting that we have a GHB and a Legendary banner up soon, so it's not like Bruno/Hrid have no hope. I have zero interest in Ylgr and Surtr seems fun but not fun enough to pull.

I'm in the camp of being pro 2 focus banners for the sniping benefits. There are so many units in the pool now that even merging non 5 star locked units can be a huge pain in the ass if you're not lucky. And honestly i don't think it'll have much of an impact on the rate new units get into the game. IS had every opportunity to add units like Knoll and Reina but decided they weren't popular/marketable enough and opted to but alts on those banners instead. Now they just might opt to cut the alts entirely and I'm mostly fine with that.

I understand there are plenty of people waiting on favorites, as am I (RIP Malice, Calill, and Tanith) but the current nature of summoning makes getting particular units a pain in the ass and pilling more units into the pool doesn't help that. I guess I'm at the point were I value my long term projects over shiney new toys, and the prospect of even slightly improved summoning is worth a slower turnout for me at least.

Edited by colossus86

Gonna call it now. The GHB will have nothing to do with the Heroes story and Hrid will be a colorless sword infantry Legendary Hero at the end of the month.

Oh my God... F!Grima is coming back again? Are we going to wait until 2019 to get another colorless legendary? Maybe Hrid will be a GHB. Not that he deserves it, but it's just an excuse for IS to shove another free sword infantry down our throats. I doubt he'll be much good, but these days IS is pretty generous with the fodder and even unit quality when it comes to this era of free units. Maybe he'll be decent. No Colorless sword infantry really is a missed opportunity though.

36 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Gonna call it now. The GHB will have nothing to do with the Heroes story and Hrid will be a colorless sword infantry Legendary Hero at the end of the month.

Oh my God... F!Grima is coming back again? Are we going to wait until 2019 to get another colorless legendary? Maybe Hrid will be a GHB. Not that he deserves it, but it's just an excuse for IS to shove another free sword infantry down our throats. I doubt he'll be much good, but these days IS is pretty generous with the fodder and even unit quality when it comes to this era of free units. Maybe he'll be decent. No Colorless sword infantry really is a missed opportunity though.

IIRC this month's Legendary Banner will have four returning legendaries so all colors are already represented. The new Legendary hero could be any color, so they could also be colorless. I do hope for that, it's way beyond time for another colorless one.

Kinda doubt we're getting a colorless sword though ^^;