Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

12 hours ago, Hilda said:

watch Hrid be the first colorless melee sword user!

That would be quite interesting. Make him an armored unit while at it. 

As for this month’s legendary, it could also be Alm as a colorless bow user. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

32 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

That would be quite interesting. Make him an armored unit while at it. 

As for this month’s legendary, it could also be Alm as a colorless bow user. 

I'm expecting Hrid to be an Armored unit too. Mostly because it means Nifl Emblem can run Tactic skills (like Ylgr's SPD Tactic) which would be niceish I think. Being able to throw Bold/Vengeful Fighter on him would be nice too though.

I hadn't considered it, but Legendary Alm as colorless archer would be pretty neat. Do you think he'd get Double Lion again as a legendary unit, or maybe some implementation of Mila's Turnwheel?

And on an unrelated note, now that we have playable Ylgr, I wonder if we'll see a Ylgr & Helbindi Bound Hero Battle at some point...

Edited by ILikeKirbys

9 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

I'm expecting Hrid to be an Armored unit too. Mostly because it means Nifl Emblem can run Tactic skills (like Ylgr's SPD Tactic) which would be niceish I think. Being able to throw Bold/Vengeful Fighter on him would be nice too though.

I hadn't considered it, but Legendary Alm as colorless archer would be pretty neat. Do you think he'd get Double Lion again as a legendary unit, or maybe some implementation of Mila's Turnwheel?

And on an unrelated note, now that we have playable Ylgr, I wonder if we'll see a Ylgr & Helbindi Bound Hero Battle at some point...

i wonder what mila's turnwheel would look like in gameplay form. hmm. 

16 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i wonder what mila's turnwheel would look like in gameplay form. hmm. 

I would guess something like Miracle, but it would restore 20 HP to Alm after the combat in which it activated. Maybe that's a bit too good though.

Either that, or a passive skill that would work like this:

"When this unit initiates combat with HP > 1, survive a lethal hit with 1 HP. After combat, if Mila's Turnwheel activated, recover 20 HP. Only works once per turn."

Not sure if that would actually be all that good though.

Edited by ILikeKirbys
Added second passive-skill version of possible Mila's Turnwheel implementation

4 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

I would guess something like Miracle, but it would restore 20 HP to Alm after the combat in which it activated. Maybe that's a bit too good though.

Either that, or a passive skill that would work like this:

"When this unit initiates combat with HP > 1, survive a lethal hit with 1 HP. After combat, if Mila's Turnwheel activated, recover 20 HP. Only works once per turn."

Not sure if that would actually be all that good though.

hmm sort of like a healing Crusader's Ward. 

People have been expecting Alm as a bow user legendary for months now. It reminds me of how every seasonal last year people were sure we'd get a Hoshidan theme with a Hinoka alt and it kept not happening, including when we did get a Hoshidan theme one for New Year's. She and Ryoma did get alts eventually(still no seasonal Hinoka, dammit IS), but IS sure took their time.

At this point I kind of have a gut feeling like we just won't get a legendary Alm at all, but I won't mind being wrong.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

People have been expecting Alm as a bow user legendary for months now. It reminds me of how every seasonal last year people were sure we'd get a Hoshidan theme with a Hinoka alt and it kept not happening, including when we did get a Hoshidan theme one for New Year's. She and Ryoma did get alts eventually(still no seasonal Hinoka, dammit IS), but IS sure took their time.

At this point I kind of have a gut feeling like we just won't get a legendary Alm at all, but I won't mind being wrong.

Yeah, I'm guessing Anna for this month personally, but I won't be surprised if I'm wrong. Plus it's fun to speculate on what Legendary Alm could have! (at least for me it is)

And I still want seasonal Hinoka to happen already, if only because all of her siblings have seasonal alts now.

7 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

hmm sort of like a healing Crusader's Ward. 

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by this. Crusader's Ward is Deflect Melee&Missile&Magic 3, how does that relate to Miracle-with-healing?

43 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by this. Crusader's Ward is Deflect Melee&Missile&Magic 3, how does that relate to Miracle-with-healing?

oh - i didn't know that's what Crusader's Ward is. i just knew that when Siguard should be dying he's like always alive LOL 
so i figure that Alm could have that - (or Miracle) but he gets healed 
(or it could be like S-drink with Leif - but if he's at 1 percent health and it activates then)

30 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

oh - i didn't know that's what Crusader's Ward is. i just knew that when Siguard should be dying he's like always alive LOL 

That's just the combined power of Divine Tyrfing (halves the damage he takes from the first strike when attacked by a Tome user, makes killing him with my Reinhardt impossible without a refresher and is generally quite annoying), Crusader's Ward (reduces damage from consecutive attacks after the first by 80%, which combined with Divine Tyrfing makes Sigurd really annoying for my Reinhardt and my Brave Lyn... haven't sicced Summer Takumi on him yet but I assume that it's the same case with him), Miracle (he comes with this, it's nice and occasionally keeps me from killing him but IMO the charge is too long to be really useful most of the time) and having pretty respectable stats outside of RES (which does make him vulnerable to healers and dragons, since Divine Tyrfing doesn't cover them, but outside of that he's pretty solid as a tank and even dragons are slightly less annoying thanks to Close DEF so really Sigurd's greatest fear is healers).

My current TT+ team is Reinhardt/BLyn/Young Azura/Julius, and seeing Sigurd fills me with dread.

30 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

(or it could be like S-drink with Leif - but if he's at 1 percent health and it activates then)

...That's actually a pretty good idea, though having a full-heal and lowering Alm's Special Cooldown would pretty much require restricting it to Player Phase, since if that were available on Enemy Phase then it would be super annoying to just barely not kill Alm and then have him come back to full health to deal with your next attacker...

Now I'm picturing LAlm as something like
37/41/44 HP | 32/35/38 ATK | 30/33/36 SPD | 24/28/31 DEF | 11/14/18 RES
Royal Bow | Colorless Bow | MT 16 | Grants ATK +3. This unit attacks twice when initiating combat with HP = 100%, then takes 5 damage after combat.
Draconic Aura
ATK/SPD Push 3
Mila's Turnwheel [When initiating combat with HP > 50%, if HP > 1, unit survives one lethal attack with 1 HP. If unit has 1 HP after combat, grants Special Cooldown -2 and recovers 99 HP after combat. Effect only activates once per turn.]
Infantry Rush 3

I'm guessing nothing about this unit would be particularly broken... hopefully he wouldn't be too weak if he showed up like this tho.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Datamine spoiler on the new GHB. No, it's not Hrid..

Hide contents

It's Gharnef

that's... interesting....?

14 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

That's just the combined power of Divine Tyrfing (halves the damage he takes from the first strike when attacked by a Tome user, makes killing him with my Reinhardt impossible without a refresher and is generally quite annoying), Crusader's Ward (reduces damage from consecutive attacks after the first by 80%, which combined with Divine Tyrfing makes Sigurd really annoying for my Reinhardt and my Brave Lyn... haven't sicced Summer Takumi on him yet but I assume that it's the same case with him), Miracle (he comes with this, it's nice and occasionally keeps me from killing him but IMO the charge is too long to be really useful most of the time) and having pretty respectable stats outside of RES (which does make him vulnerable to healers and dragons, since Divine Tyrfing doesn't cover them, but outside of that he's pretty solid as a tank and even dragons are slightly less annoying thanks to Close DEF so really Sigurd's greatest fear is healers).

My current TT+ team is Reinhardt/BLyn/Young Azura/Julius, and seeing Sigurd fills me with dread.

...That's actually a pretty good idea, though having a full-heal and lowering Alm's Special Cooldown would pretty much require restricting it to Player Phase, since if that were available on Enemy Phase then it would be super annoying to just barely not kill Alm and then have him come back to full health to deal with your next attacker...

Now I'm picturing LAlm as something like
37/41/44 HP | 32/35/38 ATK | 30/33/36 SPD | 24/28/31 DEF | 11/14/18 RES
Royal Bow | Colorless Bow | MT 16 | Grants ATK +3. This unit attacks twice when initiating combat with HP = 100%, then takes 5 damage after combat.
Draconic Aura
ATK/SPD Push 3
Mila's Turnwheel [When initiating combat with HP > 50%, if HP > 1, unit survives one lethal attack with 1 HP. If unit has 1 HP after combat, grants Special Cooldown -2 and recovers 99 HP after combat. Effect only activates once per turn.]
Infantry Rush 3

I'm guessing nothing about this unit would be particularly broken... hopefully he wouldn't be too weak if he showed up like this tho.

i like it! Maybe the bow can be sort of like Maribelle's staff? it does colour advantage stuff?
(what does infantry rush do?) 

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Hríd belongs to the garbage bin along with his smol sis. Except his smol sis is sadly suddenly a thing. Oh well.
At least this is a pleasant surprise.

8 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's Gharnef

Oh, this is interesting. I'm actually excited for him :D 

edit: just saw his art and wow, it's amazing. 

Edited by ChickenBits

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Hríd belongs to the garbage bin along with his smol sis. Except his smol sis is sadly suddenly a thing. Oh well.
At least this is a pleasant surprise.

agreed

also the art is gorgeous!

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

GHB stats..

Hide contents

1542774422082.png

RIP that attack stat.

ewwww :(

4 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:
  Hide contents

Surtr can reach 180 bst via superboon.... wut? He's not a dragon nor a trainee so why on earth does he have so many stats.

I'm only surprised that they're unleashing this into the normal pool, and on a banner with a very good rate to pull him at too. Either powercreep is about to ramp up even more, or they wanted serious whale bait just before 3.0 and Christmas hit with more stuff.

9 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's Gharnef

1542774013184.png

Edit: Added picture.

Unexpected, but certainly interesting. Shame Hrid got the short end of the stick (literally the entire rest of his family is playable, why is IS giving him the cold shoulder?), but he could end up the Book III freebie or something.

@daisy jane You mean the bow would inflict Triangle Adept on enemies after combat? That would be an interesting secondary effect.
Infantry Rush is a skill added on Summer Noire, and more recently available on Mikoto, that gives Heavy Blade to Infantry units within 2 spaces of the unit that has the skill equipped. It's only really there because every version of Celica that we have is an Infantry unit and can get fairly high ATK (regular Celica has the new Ragnarok with permanent +5 ATK/SPD during combat and Brazen ATK/SPD 3, Fallen Celica has Omni Push 2 on her sword for +4 ATK, Brave Celica has Death Blow 4 for +8 ATK) so they could probably benefit from that.

@ChickenBits

Spoiler

Surtr is secretly very young, he just looks old because the Rite of Flames burns away your youthful good looks in exchange for respawns.

Seriously though dude looks like what would happen if Helbindi were an Armored unit and I do not approve of him having that much RES. Pretty sure Lilina's still gonna burninate him tho.

11 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Unexpected, but certainly interesting. Shame Hrid got the short end of the stick (literally the entire rest of his family is playable, why is IS giving him the cold shoulder?), but he could end up the Book III freebie or something.

I'm sure we'll still get him somehow. They just certainly subverted expectations with this random GHB. Honestly, going by his stats it feels like he's out of time and was meant to be added last year or something but they just didn't do it for some reason. Maybe Hrid really will be on the legendary banner, or a Book 3 unit, or even added randomly on an upcoming banner.

Edited by Alkaid

9 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:
  Hide contents

We've got a new villain. Hel. Ruler of the dead

Spoiler

Daughter of Loki in Norse mythology. Wonder if she'll be a ruler of fanservice like her mother.

Also

Spoiler

" Though not otherwise listed here as this update did not include any strings or art for him, this update did include voice dialogue for Hríd. "

Spooky.

Edited by Alkaid