Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Forgot again I had Red Tome valor ... Gharnef would have enjoyed those extra SP. 

Talking about Valor Skills... I would like to have more Valor Skills in the Summoning Pool... We only have Sword Valor,  Bow Valor and Staff Valor...

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Regarding the new Grandmaster Tactics Drill:

The hint says to have Ephraim break the wall, but that can't be right, can it? I've never come up with a way to do that.

Still trying to figure it out on my own otherwise, just looking for clarification on that one point.

57 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Talking about Valor Skills... I would like to have more Valor Skills in the Summoning Pool... We only have Sword Valor,  Bow Valor and Staff Valor...

Yeah more valors in the general pool would be nice, but I'm happy with the red valors, they are the most common units.

I wish I had a Maribelle though, healers are still hard to train up in the beginning. Or a wrazzle seal. 

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Hide contents

The hint says to have Ephraim break the wall, but that can't be right, can it? I've never come up with a way to do that.

Still trying to figure it out on my own otherwise, just looking for clarification on that one point.

The first half of the hint is 100% correct.

Res Tactic has 2 range, meaning Ephraim can survive 2 hits from a mage without issues.

(It's the second half that you don't really need to worry about---there are solutions where Eirika doesn't need to drag back at all.)

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

It actually is. You need to get Eirika and Innes to the upper part. Try not attacking with Ephraim the first turn, just wait on the defensive square. Use the other three to kill the enemies on the bottom, the axe armor must suicide on Eirika in enemy phase.

@mampfoid Yeah, some sort of special Galeforce that gives her +5 to all stats when it triggers or something crazy like that.

@mcsilas @Alexmender Well... I done goofed. I was working on a special clear for Gharnef... it was going to have Marth/Linde/Merric/Wrys. I supermerged my Wrys, built up my Linde, was deciding on L!Marth or OG Marth while supermerging my Merric with the intent that the last copy I could promote and give the supermerge (+SPD/-HP) refined Excalibur but.... I miscounted my Merrics... I actually only had enough to +9 him.... so.... he's stuck with Rexcalibur...

Yeah, I botched this one. I'm not sure that clear is gonna happen. He really needs those boosts and I won't be pulling until the legendary so there's no way I'll get any more copies of him. It's funny, now that I only need one more of him he'll probably become ultra rare. I'm regretting those Merrics I sent home before the manual update now...

7 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas @Alexmender Well... I done goofed. I was working on a special clear for Gharnef... it was going to have Marth/Linde/Merric/Wrys. I supermerged my Wrys, built up my Linde, was deciding on L!Marth or OG Marth while supermerging my Merric with the intent that the last copy I could promote and give the supermerge (+SPD/-HP) refined Excalibur but.... I miscounted my Merrics... I actually only had enough to +9 him.... so.... he's stuck with Rexcalibur...

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Promoting them to 5*+0 is no option? 

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

The first half of the hint is 100% correct.

Res Tactic has 2 range, meaning Ephraim can survive 2 hits from a mage without issues.

(It's the second half that you don't really need to worry about---there are solutions where Eirika doesn't need to drag back at all.)

Thanks, I've figured it out now. As I said, I wasn't looking for strategic help beyond clarifying the hint, but it's not much, and I do appreciate the clarification of the Eirika part. I ended up using one of those solutions myself.

1 hour ago, RexBolt said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It actually is. You need to get Eirika and Innes to the upper part. Try not attacking with Ephraim the first turn, just wait on the defensive square. Use the other three to kill the enemies on the bottom, the axe armor must suicide on Eirika in enemy phase.

This, on the other hand, is exactly what I specifically said not to do. Not cool.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Thanks, I've figured it out now. As I said, I wasn't looking for strategic help beyond clarifying the hint, but it's not much, and I do appreciate the clarification of the Eirika part. I ended up using one of those solutions myself.

This, on the other hand, is exactly what I specifically said not to do. Not cool.

Apologies. I must have missed that part. Hope you still had time to do on your own before reading it. 

9 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Troykv I know it's biased and I'm probably the only one in the world that wants a 6th Lyn, but honestly? Release a sword Lyn with a better statline and give her the Mani Katti. Then demote the current Lyn. 

Lyn is my favorite FE character as well and I 100% want this.

12 hours ago, Zeo said:

I know it's biased and I'm probably the only one in the world that wants a 6th Lyn, but honestly? Release a sword Lyn with a better statline and give her the Mani Katti. Then demote the current Lyn. 

No shame in enjoying your favorites.

I'm ready for that Christmas Camilla, IS.

10 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Surprisingly enough barely anyone uses normal Tharja despite Camilla being a decently popular unit to use on defense teams.

Aside from a couple on my friend list, I haven't seen her anymore either, while she seemed pretty common last year. I feel like it's partly since she's still just an infantry blade mage that hasn't gotten anything new to play with since.. ever. I rarely even see Ninos anymore these days, and the few I do are from G Duel access. Plus she got directly powercrept by her own bride alt both in stats and art, which I get the impression whales who like her jumped to. Meanwhile Camilla got a refine and flying teams just keep getting better.

17 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Aside from a couple on my friend list, I haven't seen her anymore either, while she seemed pretty common last year. I feel like it's partly since she's still just an infantry blade mage that hasn't gotten anything new to play with since.. ever. I rarely even see Ninos anymore these days, and the few I do are from G Duel access. Plus she got directly powercrept by her own bride alt both in stats and art, which I get the impression whales who like her jumped to. Meanwhile Camilla got a refine and flying teams just keep getting better.

Nino is still really prevalent, but in tier 19.5 score range (source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JN2PVd55GIVJpxet-YKTb5yOVXmD4VnCJv20nzW6XLQ/edit#gid=476887793). If I recall correctly, you're in tier 20.5 score range? If so, that would explain a lack of ranged units

There's just a two point difference in speed, but such a simple explanation can't really be the answer, could it? Maybe Nino has a more diverse fanbase? Or people moved on from Tharja?

It might just be that there are so many good low-investment red units in 3-4 star pool, but a lack of green ones

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

Nino is still really prevalent, but in tier 19.5 score range (source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JN2PVd55GIVJpxet-YKTb5yOVXmD4VnCJv20nzW6XLQ/edit#gid=476887793). If I recall correctly, you're in tier 20.5 score range? If so, that would explain a lack of ranged units

There's just a two point difference in speed, but such a simple explanation can't really be the answer, could it? Maybe Nino has a more diverse fanbase? Or people moved on from Tharja?

It might just be that there are so many good low-investment red units in 3-4 star pool, but a lack of green ones

Yeah, I'm not surprised Nino is still a more popular unit. Similarly to Rein, she's still one of those ranged units that's always been a really useful f2p option. She even has G Duel now to help her score issues on top of it.

I think Tharja almost requires some favoritism since as a red mage she's never been quite as useful and she still scores poorly. I used her heavily before because I like her, but better reds to use for arena kept coming out and Tharja's only use became pve content and AA for me. I don't even use her for those anymore, since now I reach for S.Tana, H.Nowi or A.Camilla when I need a red blade mage.

Maybe I'd still use mine more if I had +10'd her already, but I keep needing blade tome fodder for others... (I'd vastly prefer to merge her bride version if I actually had the means)

On 11/23/2018 at 12:48 AM, daisy jane said:

and. Aversa is yours! 
surprise me! :D (I won't be able to play again until after 2 anyway). 

This may be an odd question, but do you have any Shove/Smite fodder you can give her?

I already have an Aversa friend, but they don't have an Assist and they're not from SF so I can't ask them.

In return, I could change my lead if you wanted a specific unit.

9 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

This may be an odd question, but do you have any Shove/Smite fodder you can give her?

I already have an Aversa friend, but they don't have an Assist and they're not from SF so I can't ask them.

In return, I could change my lead if you wanted a specific unit.

sure give me a moment. if she has the SP i don't mind :)

@Baldrick - she has Smite now. (look at that. Bartre good for something). Gamepress needs to update their website because that was 225 :p (don't worry, i use her enough i'm pretty sure i can earn it and i think having a mage with a smite can actually work for me  :) ) 

(who do you have as your lead now? i'm kinda loathe to update my friends because i have this really spiffy L!Lucina, - and i would have done it anyway :) ). 

Edited by daisy jane

3 hours ago, Alkaid said:

No shame in enjoying your favorites.

I'm ready for that Christmas Camilla, IS.

Don't forget Legendary Camilla.  She's polled in the Top 3 in each CYL, which is higher than many of the current LHs, so she's guaranteed to get a version.  And don't forget next years CYL3 Camilla.  

20 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

sure give me a moment. if she has the SP i don't mind :)

@Baldrick - she has Smite now. (look at that. Bartre good for something). Gamepress needs to update their website because that was 225 :p (don't worry, i use her enough i'm pretty sure i can earn it and i think having a mage with a smite can actually work for me  :) ) 

Thank you! I hope she works out for you too. (This is the best time of the week to be spending SP)

(who do you have as your lead now?

My current lead is L!Lucina, though it was Owain for a while. If you want to check which of my units you have now, my Heroes name is Baldo.

i'm kinda loathe to update my friends because i have this really spiffy L!Lucina, - and i would have done it anyway :) ). 

Me too, I still have your Ephraim, but I'm updating because I friended someone with Ostia's Pulse Hector.

13 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Thank you! I hope she works out for you too. (This is the best time of the week to be spending SP)

My current lead is L!Lucina, though it was Owain for a while. If you want to check which of my units you have now, my Heroes name is Baldo.

Me too, I still have your Ephraim, but I'm updating because I friended someone with Ostia's Pulse Hector.

she's not yours that i'm playing with - but it seriously makes me want it. 
(i haven't had ephriam for a while - i should put him back!). 
Aversa with Smite is actually awesome. she tends to hang in the weeds, so to have her push people is awesome. i have to give her drawback eventually. 

1 hour ago, Xenovia said:

Don't forget Legendary Camilla.  She's polled in the Top 3 in each CYL, which is higher than many of the current LHs, so she's guaranteed to get a version.  And don't forget next years CYL3 Camilla.  

I sure hope so, that'd be great. As popular as she is though, I think they might skip her for a legendary. They seem to focus more on story importance, so they might just do a legendary Xander/Azura/Corrin for more Fates ones. I'd love to be wrong though. And hopefully she holds her ground against the spite votes in CYL3, too.

55 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

she's not yours that i'm playing with - but it seriously makes me want it. 
(i haven't had ephriam for a while - i should put him back!). 
Aversa with Smite is actually awesome. she tends to hang in the weeds, so to have her push people is awesome. i have to give her drawback eventually. 

I use Aversa as my fort guard since she can debuff from long range, now she can Smite my reinforcements forward.