Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Does it count as spoiler territory if it's about Smash Ultimate?

Eh, I'll spoiler it anyways. Just know that the game was apparently leaked.

Spoiler

Fortunately, nothing of significance about World of Light was spoiled as far as I can tell. Bosses mostly, but more significant was the music. Tracks that previously weren't even known to exist, even keeping in mind some tracks were used in the Nintendo Directs leading up to release, have surfaced.

Among the new tracks that I listened to (thanks Crunchii) was a remix of the Main Theme of Fire Emblem Heroes. Not that I can tell the difference between it and the usual main theme...

TBH I cannot tell what is and isn't in the game. I assume all previous tracks from older games are here, but I don't know what's been added. The name Berkut stuck out, so it seems Echoes has some musical representation as well, but it could just be one of Berkut's themes ripped from Echoes as well...

Ahhhhhhhh I wanna play Ultimate so badly. What, I'll have a birthday two days before Ultimate is released? Screw that, Ultimate is where the real party is, and everyone is invited.

Edited by Xenomata

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8azZW0e.png

I feel like the main character in Pokemon Colosseum, using my snag machine on the bad guys' Pokemon.

I like  that we actually get to summon for all these guys in the end, even Surtr and Ylgr. Earlier this year I wouldn't have thought we'd have them all available by November, or possibly at all. Kind of nice to know that if anyone looks cool in book 3 we can probably obtain them later on. I guess Veronica and Bruno will happen eventually too, if they choose to phase them out of the story.

1 hour ago, RexBolt said:

I'm thinking of finally upgrading the Askr trio to dp quests easier. But i guess i will wait untill Book 3 starts. How can guess what will hapoen if they die, after all?

where do you have them at now? I was thinking to at least Gold up Anna. the teleportation of her axe would be very helpful. 

thank goodness for double SP Weekends. 
got everything done for Surtr including swap.

I have to grind it out hard for genny (wish i had a Maribelle for Staff Valour)

Edited by daisy jane

6 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Can you make him your lead for a few hours so I can grab him off friend list? I want to try using him in GC to see if he's worth pulling for. Hmm lemme add you with my other account that I'm actually playing GC on......

21 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Promoting them (Merric) to 5*+0 is no option? 

I really don't want to do that... but I'm conflicted. On one hand....

• He's losing +4 to all stats (which is +2 to all stats over a *5+0 vs *4+10)
  • He's losing his 2nd best nature which I could potentially never get again (+SPD/-HP, Only beaten by +ATK|SPD/-RES)
  • He could stop existing like Matthew in the summoning pool following this action.
  • I lose a 4-6k feather investment (I promoted some *3's) which then becomes 26k feathers...
  • In my heart I don't care about Merric so I'll simply be losing out on a supermerge worth of stats just for a clear.

But on the other hand...

• He's *3-4, more will always come, eventually maybe even a better nature. Someday I could just merge down into the supermerge for the better stats.
  • I'm rich when it comes to feathers, I can drop the extra 20k honestly... I'm just being petty right now.
  • I don't care about Merric... but it's not like he'd see much use outside of this clear and AA so those +2 stats don't matter that much.
  • This is just for a clear, but the thing is... I'm retiring from clears when the year ends and Gharnef probably won't come back until 2019... so this is probably my only chance to do it.

Things are about to get really busy around my house... so I don't have a lot of time to think about this.... @mcsilas @Alexmender thoughts?

@Zeo Sorry to hear about the Merric issue :(

Were you planning on giving him Divine Dew for refined Excalibur? Or just a normal Excalibur?

Have you tried the clear yet? Maybe get a feel for Merric's role in the team first.

Other wise if you don't feel like promoting, Merric can be a Raven tome user?

@mcsilas He was going to get Dew, actually. I'll maybe build Merric up and see how he can function.

Merric can function as a Raven Mage, I only have Cecilla for that role, but the problems are double-sided. There are no, literally, no colorless units in the Gharnef GHB which make the Raven tome worthless / Boey, whom I actually like more than Merric, runs the tome better.

Then there's a Blade tome but... why would I sacrifice a Nino so he can be a worse Nino? Especially when she's at +10.

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas He was going to get Dew, actually. I'll maybe build Merric up and see how he can function.

Merric can function as a Raven Mage, I only have Cecilla for that role, but the problems are double-sided. There are no, literally, no colorless units in the Gharnef GHB which make the Raven tome worthless / Boey, whom I actually like more than Merric, runs the tome better.

Then there's a Blade tome but... why would I sacrifice a Nino so he can be a worse Nino? Especially when she's at +10.

Gronnowl Merric?

That's fair then, I haven't solved the GHB yet and was aiming to solve it myself first before looking at what other people did, so I wasn't sure if there were colourless units after the initial wave.

From what I see there are more green units and maybe like 3 (?) blue units which hit Res so I'm not sure how useful Merric would be anyway besides maybe having Axebreaker attacks?

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Gronnowl Merric?

That's fair then, I haven't solved the GHB yet and was aiming to solve it myself first before looking at what other people did, so I wasn't sure if there were colourless units after the initial wave.

From what I see there are more green units and maybe like 3 (?) blue units which hit Res so I'm not sure how useful Merric would be anyway besides maybe having Axebreaker attacks?

It's true, the map is red/green heavy. I'll work at it. In the worst case the clear is kaboshed. But I'm going to try.

16 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I'll maybe build Merric up and see how he can function.

I’ve got an Atk/Res Merric built up right here:
Screenshot_20181124-175157.png
(forget the C, it’s still placeholder)
The condition on his refinement might be a bit constricting, as can be the brazen (and he’s unlikely to meet the Spd threshold to double the Infernal people even with the brazen and external buffs) but he worked wonderfully for me in the tempest and arena assault. …Not the most important modes, I know, but oh well.

9 hours ago, daisy jane said:

where do you have them at now? I was thinking to at least Gold up Anna. the teleportation of her axe would be very helpful. 

thank goodness for double SP Weekends. 

I have to grind it out hard for genny (wish i had a Maribelle for Staff Valour)

Lv40 4* Anna and Shareena. Lv25 4* Alfonse. I just haven't been needing him for quests yet.

So guys, I got an extra copy of Surtr and a Quan with +hp -def IVs I don't plan to keep and have Steady Stance 4 and Steady Posture (?) available. Saber currently has Fury but I want to give him one of these, which one would benefit him more?

4 hours ago, dethneer said:

Can you make him your lead for a few hours so I can grab him off friend list? I want to try using him in GC to see if he's worth pulling for. Hmm lemme add you with my other account that I'm actually playing GC on......

done :) 
how do y'all have multiple accounts?(not like i have time to do two, lol one takes up so much time).

smokes. everyone has massive scores today i'm in trouble. 

Edited by daisy jane

2 hours ago, Quintessence said:

So guys, I got an extra copy of Surtr and a Quan with +hp -def IVs I don't plan to keep and have Steady Stance 4 and Steady Posture (?) available. Saber currently has Fury but I want to give him one of these, which one would benefit him more?

Honestly SS4 is just one of the most insane skill in the game. i kinda want another Surtr copy to feed him to Michalis but PRIORITIES man

@Quintessence I now believe you are a scum since i ended up pulling for another Surtr that will be sacked for Michalis when i get Silas for the A skill fodder :lol:

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Well I finally got around leveling up Ylgr and Surtr.

Ylgr is adorable. Sorcery Blade is handy when it goes off, but I find it kinda tricky to regularly keep active. Her color better fits my normal arena scoring team, but I don't run a tome unit so I would have to replace her A skill.

Surtr is interesting. I really wish he would do his underhand swing more, I find that to be far more fun to watch this his downward swing. He definitely made leveling interesting. Though his mobility was an issue since Boots require 100%HP and a unit gaining levels likely won't have that past the first turn no matter how bulky they are. However, I am not sure how well he'll work for Arena. Mine is -DEF/+RES if memory serves and this past season has shown me how tough it is to use a Green unit with my core.(Amelia, Spooky Myrrh, Standard Eirika). That said since this team would be most armor I would have to swap Eirika out for someone else since tactics wont' work well.

I am actually really hoping their season has a bunch of bonus units that I can choose other than them.

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

how do y'all have multiple accounts?(not like i have time to do two, lol one takes up so much time).

to be fair i don´t have the time either XD and im torn to pick only one of them =/

57 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Honestly SS4 is just one of the most insane skill in the game. i kinda want another Surtr copy to feed him to Michalis but PRIORITIES man

@Quintessence I now believe you are a scum since i ended up pulling for another Surtr that will be sacked for Michalis when i get Silas for the A skill fodder :lol:

Bwahaha I also have a Silas for delicious Bonfire/SS4 inheritance.

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

that would be awesome. Surtr on legendary when? haha

@Zeo Sorry for the late response (finals week is draining...). 

For Merric I think he can work with a Gronnowl+ tome. His Hp/Spd/Def are pretty good and the tome will patch his non-existant Res allowing him to be a pretty bulky mage. In an optimal setup he'd have CC but considering you don't like Merric that much it'll probably be a waste, not to mention that Owl tomes are mostly for EP because it's quite hard to make good use of them during the PP. 

For the clear I think that Excalibur isn't all that great. The fliers have pretty high Res meaning that effective damage isn't going to be very helpful (not to mention I didn't saw a blue flier at all in the map). If my memory isn't failing me the only blues in the map are manaketes and a Blade tome infantry mage which are pretty rough matches for Merric. 

To make the most out of Merric I think giving him Gronnwolf+ will be your best bet. With this Merric will be able to have a niche in AA for killing the stray horse (or Lynhardt if you still see them often) unit, not to mention that the tome will come in handy to shut down annoying Aether Raids comps full of Horse Emblem buffs. 

In celebration of getting Ishtar, I started doing some CC cleanup for feathers, then I realized...

We still don't have axe units from Judgral?? Helswath shall be added.

55 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

@Zeo Sorry for the late response (finals week is draining...). 

For Merric I think he can work with a Gronnowl+ tome. His Hp/Spd/Def are pretty good and the tome will patch his non-existant Res allowing him to be a pretty bulky mage. In an optimal setup he'd have CC but considering you don't like Merric that much it'll probably be a waste, not to mention that Owl tomes are mostly for EP because it's quite hard to make good use of them during the PP. 

For the clear I think that Excalibur isn't all that great. The fliers have pretty high Res meaning that effective damage isn't going to be very helpful (not to mention I didn't saw a blue flier at all in the map). If my memory isn't failing me the only blues in the map are manaketes and a Blade tome infantry mage which are pretty rough matches for Merric. 

To make the most out of Merric I think giving him Gronnwolf+ will be your best bet. With this Merric will be able to have a niche in AA for killing the stray horse (or Lynhardt if you still see them often) unit, not to mention that the tome will come in handy to shut down annoying Aether Raids comps full of Horse Emblem buffs. 

i think general build Meric is like not even any contest, Excalibur. That weapon is so brokenly good, if its on anyone but merric it would close to blow up the game

4 hours ago, daisy jane said:

smokes. everyone has massive scores today i'm in trouble. 

Got him, thankssssss Daisy you're the best. :^_^: Time to terrorize the populace

Heh I only play one account at a time, I will probably just pick one eventually but I have different heroes on them and I want to try them all out.

7 minutes ago, dethneer said:

Got him, thankssssss Daisy you're the best. :^_^: Time to terrorize the populace

Heh I only play one account at a time, I will probably just pick one eventually but I have different heroes on them and I want to try them all out.

no problem :) that's the best part about a community like this we can change leads to help everyone else without hoping that we luck out (i haven't updated because i really really love some of the units i  get to play with) :)