Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

10 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I am probably gonna be occupied with smash and I might not unlock all this forging bonds EX accesorries, I hope I can manage it somehow.

Do what I'm gonna do. Smash that auto battle button with some stamina potions on one of these 2x points hours.

8 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Or Destiny Child. Or Langrisser

I'd try that Langrisser game, but it's not Fire Emblem.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

Do what I'm gonna do. Smash that auto battle button with some stamina potions on one of these 2x points hours.

I GUESS i could do that BUT i'm afraid my units will die lmao

6 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I GUESS i could do that BUT i'm afraid my units will die lmao

If you have enough stamina restores lying around, it really shouldn't matter all that much if your units end up dying (stamina is typically cheaper than time).

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

If you have enough stamina restores lying around, it really shouldn't matter all that much if your units end up dying (stamina is typically cheaper than time).

I have about 40 right now which I'm not sure are enough

Holy crap that langrisser game looks awesome!  The huge map size the details, the great art, the awesome theme song!  Wow.  I've played Der Langrisser and Langrisser 4...and they are awesome games.  

Is it a gacha game though?  It is hard to find time for multiple ones.  

1 minute ago, RexBolt said:

Are there no ways to get hats from old events?

not that i know off. (I want the Helmets + Glasses :( )

a Summoning question
Do people think it matters "mathematically" to spread summoning between 2-3 days or just sit down and blow all your orbs?

41 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

a Summoning question
Do people think it matters "mathematically" to spread summoning between 2-3 days or just sit down and blow all your orbs?

Theoretically speaking, there is nothing different between pulling three times in 1 minute and pulling three times over 3 days.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

not that i know off. (I want the Helmets + Glasses :( )

a Summoning question

Do you mean because you get more orbs over 2-3 days? Because yeah if you're sniping you'll realistically get between 2-4 (generally 1-2) orbs of the same color, so saving up at least 17 orbs before a summoning session would make sure you always have enough orbs to get the color you're going for.

Otherwise, yeah, what would mathematically matter about spreading out summoning? Doesn't make sense.

36 minutes ago, Sunsurge said:

Do you mean because you get more orbs over 2-3 days? Because yeah if you're sniping you'll realistically get between 2-4 (generally 1-2) orbs of the same color, so saving up at least 17 orbs before a summoning session would make sure you always have enough orbs to get the color you're going for.

Otherwise, yeah, what would mathematically matter about spreading out summoning? Doesn't make sense.

yah something like that. im just thinking maybe next month rather than blowing it all day one, maybe like 40 one day, 25 or so the other. 
theoretically the # of 5*'s won't diminish because it's not in a lump sum, it's just the average of the orbs spent, the orbs are just spread out vs. okay let's go.  

:) thanks :) - sometimes i need to think outloud for ideas to make sense haha

The bullshit power creep/ fake power creep has hit a new level of stupid.  Hrid’s B-skill is worth 400 SP despite being basically the same exact effect as Gunnthra’s B-Skill? I hate shit like this so much. 

Oh, and I apparently suck at Aether Raids. Offense and Defense. It’s just such a chore to play the game every day that I don’t want to spend the time to really carefully plan out teams. 

It sucks that your rank is based on your current lift and when you fall behind there is really no way to catch back up. And how do you get the +1 on certain buildings?  It seems like every defense team I fight has their fortress at Lv2 +1 and that makes things annoying difficult to deal with. 

13 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

It sucks that your rank is based on your current lift and when you fall behind there is really no way to catch back up. And how do you get the +1 on certain buildings?  It seems like every defense team I fight has their fortress at Lv2 +1 and that makes things annoying difficult to deal with. 

The +1 comes from the bonus building of the week, you get it on your offense fort if it have the offense version built, and on your defense fort if you have it built on your defense map.

That one time where Gunnthra could have been a bonus unit (because all Nifl and Muspell) and she isnt... Gunnthra marks the only Legendary hero never being a bonus unit ever in Arena „profound sadness“ ._.

Well this is quite interesting. Of the video games/gachas the Langrisse questionnaire asked that I play, it only had a follow-up question to Heroes asking where I get news for it. Also, you get rewards immediately for the survey. You don't have to wait for X amount of days. 

Edited by silveraura25

11 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Well this is quite interesting. Of the video games/gachas the Langrisse questionnaire asked that I play, it only had a follow-up question to Heroes asking where I get news for it. Also, you get rewards immediately for the survey. You don't have to wait for X amount of days. 

This is getting old already. Everyone knows that you’re smitten with this new shiny game. You can tone it down.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

This is getting old already. Everyone knows that you’re smitten with this new shiny game. You can tone it down.

Sorry. I wasn't planning to say anything anymore about it. But that Heroes thing in the questionnaire is something that I thought should be mentioned. Won't really say anything anymore here 

Liking that new Sharena avatar @Vaximillian! Also lol at the orb earrings.

So here's a random thought, I wonder if they could somehow buff Silver+ weapons/Rexcalibur+/Bolganone+/Thoron+ Shine+ somehow. They're pretty much obsolete and units like Lilina are getting prf weapons so there's no reason to use them, but what if a unit had a personal skill (or maybe inheritable) that allows Silver weapons to have at least some use?

Maybe like a skill that goes "if weapon has no secondary effect, unit gains +3 to every stat" or something (Let's say Silverfaire or something, kind of mimicking Swordfaire, Lancefaire, etc.). That way, on top of the 'more damage' part of using a Silver weapon, the unit can pretty much get an all-stat boost that sort of mimics a stat boost you get from refining a weapon. Or maybe +4 stat boost. Might give those units with sort of meh stats/too-balanced statlines something.

....or maybe "If weapon has no secondary effect, damage is calculated using the lower Def/Res stat". We all know how adaptive damage can make units really good, and this isn't as restrictive as Sorcery blade's positioning. They sacrifice the additional effect that better weapons usually have but again, Silver weapons would have more might than other inheritable weapons, so at the very least they're not the unwanted weapons if a unit can get this skill.

..or maybe if a weapon has no secondary effect, it gives the Guard effect when attacking. That would be a nice niche and good for people who missed the Guard weapons from this year's Halloween units (and adds a Guard sword, lance and tome).

45 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Reclassing would be cool. More ways of unit customization is always appreciated that isn't blessings or whale bait skills

Reclassing is the one feature I dislike most about the recent main-series Fire Emblem games.

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Reclassing is the one feature I dislike most about the recent main-series Fire Emblem games.

It can be a lot of fun, honestly. I’m very definitely having a lot of fun on my current Maid Emblem Revelation run, where everyone who can possibly a maid is one. Looking forward to trying to beat the final boss with thirteen maids in aprons and stuff.

It does sometimes dilute the characterisation, but sometimes plays on and with it (for example, Maribelle passes down to her son the barbarian class because she jokes about wanting to be a big, hairy barbarian; or Fates’ Charlotte being able to become a troubadour despite her outward selfishness because of her Actually Selfless™ personality; or Kellam’s nondescriptiveness enabling for him the thief line of classes; and so on). My main gripe with reclassing is that aside from a couple of predetermined “canon” classes (falcon knight for Sumia in Awakening, bow knight for Selena in Fates as a couple of examples), the reclasses use generic colourscheme and models (which, thankfully, is rectified in SoV), and the portraits always stay the same.

I mean, yeah, sure, Cherche’s and Gerome’s gushing about Minerva the wyvern makes no sense if they aren’t currently actually riding Minerva the wyvern, but that’s a jab at support writers’ collective chin and a point for another day.

Oh, and “gotta catch ’em all (skills)” mentality promoted by Awakening and Fates reclassing system is also a negative, I must admit.

Edited by Vaximillian

Reclassing can be considered sort of a fix on some units. Nobody is perfect, especially whoever decides the in-game parameters for units of previous games. Occasionally you see units like Draug who is a glass cannon trapped in a tank's body

Edited by silveraura25