Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

Can we agree that the game is on an unavoidable path of making more and more Stat-beefy units with new more op skills each time. I'm avoiding using the word powercreep because people get iffy about that because apparently Reinhardt cancels out powercreep.

The Reinhardt flowchart exist for a reason.

BpYezJY.png

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Seriously looking back the Reinhardt explanation as a lack of powercreep seems so dumb. In a game like feh nearly everything has a form of offensive output and a corresponding weakness as due. Either way the real powercreep in this game I find to be in the new skills that offers a complete dominating advantage over other skills in the past. Gacha norms made this game interesting, but will also lead to it's downfall.

54 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

Can we agree that the game is on an unavoidable path of making more and more Stat-beefy units with new more op skills each time. I'm avoiding using the word powercreep because people get iffy about that because apparently Reinhardt cancels out powercreep.

well. you know it's gonna come.
something to really chip away at Steady Stance 4. 
I saw your other comment. i think that's the end all be all of other gatcha right? there becomes a point most people will call 'meh' and stop playing. 

34 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

Seriously looking back the Reinhardt explanation as a lack of powercreep seems so dumb.

Reinhardt was the performance ceiling for a really long time. Power creep only happens when the performance ceiling rises.

40 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

In a game like feh nearly everything has a form of offensive output and a corresponding weakness as due.

Reinhardt had very few weaknesses back then, and the weaknesses he had were negligible. If you were running Reinhardt, you would probably be running Olivia too as she is cheap and can shut down anything green with Ruby Sword-Distant Counter.

I don't know if it's because i got bad IVs or whatever, or i was already biased. 
but my Hrid sucks, and he's doing himself zero favours in convincing me that i shouldn't give Myrrh his DC. (and attack smoke). like. none.
even when  units are debuffed he can't really K'O them. 

19 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I don't know if it's because i got bad IVs or whatever, or i was already biased. 
but my Hrid sucks, and he's doing himself zero favours in convincing me that i shouldn't give Myrrh his DC. (and attack smoke). like. none.
even when  units are debuffed he can't really K'O them. 

You might want to give him Hone Cavalry buffs.

You can also try Bonfire/Luna-Heavy Blade.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

You might want to give him Hone Cavalry buffs.

You can also try Bonfire/Luna-Heavy Blade.

won't really work for my arena team this session 
and - i'm out of like all that fodder. but thanks for the suggestion. if i get that this legendary session, i'll see if that makes him better.

5 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

won't really work for my arena team this session 
and - i'm out of like all that fodder. but thanks for the suggestion. if i get that this legendary session, i'll see if that makes him better.

If you have Legaults lying around, you can also try Attack Tactic on his teammates. All he needs is just Atk buffs , so anything that can boost that is good.

If you use him for Enemy Phase more, there are Def Tactic and Res Tactic available as seals to buff that up too.

Edited by XRay

Just cause power creep is typical of gatcha games doesn't mean it should be accepted.  It is just a super lazy way to make people want to pull.  We are getting more and more power creeped skills as well, hope we get a skill forge at least. 

Will we get to 185 or 190 BST by end of next  year?  I wouldn't be surprised.  

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

Just cause power creep is typical of gatcha games doesn't mean it should be accepted.  It is just a super lazy way to make people want to pull.  We are getting more and more power creeped skills as well, hope we get a skill forge at least. 

It works in reverse as well. Too much power creep can turn players off too, but you still need some to keep players summoning. In my opinion, I think the current rate of power creep is fine.

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

Reaching 180 has, since the beginning of this year, been a "when" and not an "if". Legendary Hero banners giving mostly-canon alts of notable characters and Grima being an armored dragon pretty much meant that Legendary Tiki was going to happen eventually and was all but guaranteed to be a trainee melee armor, which would fall in the 178-180 range.

The thing is that with the current system, there is no more space to move up without introducing a brand new modifier type, and the fact that they made the Adrift Corrins and Surtr into trainees instead of making a new modifier to boost their stats shows that they aren't yet willing to experiment with new modifiers. I personally don't believe Gen 3 is around the corner because, in addition to this, Gen 2 was first and foremost a means of rebalancing weapon range and movement range and only secondly a means of marketing new characters.

The next frontier is obviously more powerful skills, not higher stats.

Drats, I don't have enough time to complete the legendary quests this time around. I was occupied with other video games and life for the last couple of days. Next time those orbs and gold accessories are mine.

Edited by Jingle Bells

24 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

Drats, I don't have enough time to complete the legendary quests this time around. I was occupied with other video games and life for the last couple of days. Next time those orbs and gold accessories are mine.

Honestly, if you'd like the orbs, PM1's guides have been great. I've had zero will to do any fun clears, so I just wait for him to post a f2p guide. My characters are always a little different, so I have to adjust a bit, but following his Infernal guides for the past few legendary battles have helped. I believe his current strategy for Alolan Ike uses Legendary Ike, Brave Lyn, 5* Arvis, and smol!Azura. No SI. Neutral IVs. But I made adjustments for my +ATK -SPD Ike and my +ATK -DEF Lyn. 

But if you prefer to do it yourself, all the power to you. XD I just want the orbs at this point. And I don't bother with Abyssal.

Edited by Rafiel's Aria

11 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Honestly, if you'd like the orbs, PM1's guides have been great. I've had zero will to do any fun clears, so I just wait for him to post a f2p guide. My characters are always a little different, so I have to adjust a bit, but following his Infernal guides for the past few legendary battles have helped. I believe his current strategy for Alolan Ike uses Legendary Ike, Brave Lyn, 5* Arvis, and smol!Azura. No SI. Neutral IVs. But I made adjustments for my +ATK -SPD Ike and my +ATK -DEF Lyn. 

But if you prefer to do it yourself, all the power to you. XD I just want the orbs at this point. And I don't bother with Abyssal.

Thanks for the support, but sadly I'm too tired tonight for any sort of guide.

Sorry for my prolonged absence, do we have a drop date or at least speculation for when Book 3 launches?  I forget if Book 2 launched with the Fates Kid banner or if it was later.

8 hours ago, XRay said:

Reinhardt had very few weaknesses back then, and the weaknesses he had were negligible. If you were running Reinhardt, you would probably be running Olivia too as she is cheap and can shut down anything green with Ruby Sword-Distant Counter.

Olivia is cheap, but Distant Counter is still rare.  In the two years of playing, the only unit I've inherited DC onto is Titania.

Although, I'm thinking that by now all the launch 5*s should get demoted to let us have some good fodder that isn't eternally 5* locked.

My biggest issue with powercreep is that my favorite units fall short when compared to new units.  Ike was one of the first legendaries, so he pales in comparison to Marth and Hrid, who get busted stats and shiny new toys.  That, and my favorite games seem to get only one banner a year total, means the units I want to use fall behind.  When Veronica clearly powercrept Sothe (there is very little reason to use him instead of her), I was sad.  I wish powercreep was moving more gradually.

Then again...  I've felt little need to pull for the new shinies.  The banner I've been most excited about since the dancer banner was B!Ike's banner, which finally gave me a +10.  So I guess that means powercreep hasn't moved fast enough to convince me to spend more money, but I've been disappointed by the game in more ways than one lately.

57 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Olivia is cheap, but Distant Counter is still rare.  In the two years of playing, the only unit I've inherited DC onto is Titania.

Although, I'm thinking that by now all the launch 5*s should get demoted to let us have some good fodder that isn't eternally 5* locked.

Distant Counter is not too rare if the player saves for it just like for any other favorite character. While Hector is not super common, he is not too rare either, and he has shown up quite a few times this year, and if you count his alts, Distant Counter has actually shown up quite a bit.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Reaching 180 has, since the beginning of this year, been a "when" and not an "if". Legendary Hero banners giving mostly-canon alts of notable characters and Grima being an armored dragon pretty much meant that Legendary Tiki was going to happen eventually and was all but guaranteed to be a trainee melee armor, which would fall in the 178-180 range.

The thing is that with the current system, there is no more space to move up without introducing a brand new modifier type, and the fact that they made the Adrift Corrins and Surtr into trainees instead of making a new modifier to boost their stats shows that they aren't yet willing to experiment with new modifiers. I personally don't believe Gen 3 is around the corner because, in addition to this, Gen 2 was first and foremost a means of rebalancing weapon range and movement range and only secondly a means of marketing new characters.

The next frontier is obviously more powerful skills, not higher stats.

sorry but whats the justification of armorers melees getting 7-12 more BST compared to melee infantries getting only 5 at max? Surely cant be the movement and it sure as hell cant be the exclusiv skills.

IS has clearly just bloated up the stats for whales so people are „forced“ to spent money if they wanted to keep up.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Sorry for my prolonged absence, do we have a drop date or at least speculation for when Book 3 launches?  I forget if Book 2 launched with the Fates Kid banner or if it was later.

yes. 
Hinoka and elise pls. 
Ephiriam too. why is he 5* and Eirika at 3/4?
(actually not sure why Azura, Ninian and Lene are locked at 5* and Olivia and Silvia are 4. hm).

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Okay, if the next batch of refinements doesn’t include the Whitewing sisters, I’m putting the dew into Roy.

Don't. You'll catch his ailment

Funnily enough I'd thought Nameless Lance would go to Catria. I wonder what special refinement she'll get. Maybe all three of the sisters will share it

Said so. Also, nice GHB refines

Edited by silveraura25

Neat, Whitewing refines like we were expecting. Nice choices for the rest too, since they all needed serious help. 7 refines at once is a surprise, but I guess that's since 3.0 is a bigger update.

It also just says "the update in December," so I guess it's probably not this week.

FINALLY, Robin gets a damn refine. Both of them too, which is even better.

Guess I should promote that +spd -res Robin I've had sitting around, since my current one is +spd -atk.

EDIT: Also, ironically enough, I almost promoted my extra Soleil to give Navarre Firesweep Sword+ today, and he gets a refine. This has happened twice before: once when I gave Clair Firesweep Lance+ before her refine, and when I almost gave Lon'qu Firesweep but he got a refine.

Quick, someone suggest someone I should give Firesweep Sword+ to so they can get a refine

Edited by Sunwoo