Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Is it too hard for you to understand that some people are unhappy because they want something they care about to be better?

Damn Galeforce,

Not in the slightest, but when the game hasn't improve the last 9 months maybe that's a sign to jump ship & move on & play better games than Fire Emblem Heroes 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Just the Hero Fest one which has Eir on it.

Did they even try?  It's not like they spent time on developing a new mode for 3.0 or anything.

Guess I'll just save my Orbs, since we already got female OC #37 for free.

11 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I remember people were expecting them to let us upgrade the fountain soon, since we realized it was basically impossible/almost impossible to make it into tier 21 even with no defense losses and perfect play as things were. Now we see the plan was to make 21 pretty much exclusive to whales who can afford to deck out their teams with the blessings/merges needed to boost their lift gain to hit the threshold.

Overall I like the other stuff in this update, but damn they sure were quick about dumping on AR. I thought it favored whales enough just by being able to field stronger units for offense and defense, but IS had to one-up things.

Mind you only need ~150 Lift/fight to reach T21 assuming you play literally perfectly, even if you lose 7 defense games for 80 lift each.

And you can get 160 lift/fight with just Mythic/Mythic/Blessed/Blessed/Blessed without merges.

I'm assuming a run cost of 80 Aether per run (100 - 20 from breaking bots), and us getting 7 (free fights) + (200 + 50 * 6 + 7 * 20)/80 = 15 fights a week with perfect play.

Edit: Ah, wait, Aether cost is 9 + lift/100, not lift/100. At 90 Aether Per run we should get around 14 fights with perfect play, which is more like 155 Lift/fight, I think.

Edited by DehNutCase

7 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Mind you only need ~150 Lift/fight to reach T21 assuming you play literally perfectly, even if you lose 7 defense games for 80 lift each.

And you can get 160 lift/fight with just Mythic/Mythic/Blessed/Blessed/Blessed without merges.

I'm assuming a run cost of 80 Aether per run (100 - 20 from breaking bots), and us getting 7 (free fights) + (200 + 50 * 6 + 7 * 20)/80 = 15 fights a week with perfect play.

Edit: Ah, wait, Aether cost is 9 + lift/100, not lift/100. At 90 Aether Per run we should get around 14 fights with perfect play, which is more like 155 Lift/fight, I think.

Needing 2 mythics on the team is already a big detriment in my opinion. I wouldn't look forward to fighting cancer 6 unit teams with upgraded buildings down the line with 1-2 mostly-dead weights on my team. (compared to the +10s, dancers, Aversa, Loki, etc. I could use those slots for to ensure I actually win the matches)

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Needing 2 mythics on the team is already a big detriment in my opinion. I wouldn't look forward to fighting cancer 6 unit teams with upgraded buildings down the line with 1-2 mostly-dead weights on my team. (compared to the +10s, dancers, Aversa, Loki, etc. I could use those slots for to ensure I actually win the matches)

That's why you need to kind of just bum rush into T21 ASAP with 2 copies of Eir, when everyone else is also focusing on offensive stuff rather than using stones to make 6 unit cancer teams.

Once you hit T21 you can just ignore things like bonus units or mythic heroes entirely---I'll probably just run my main team + 2 dancers at that point.

But yeah team building is going to hurt.

38 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Did they even try?  It's not like they spent time on developing a new mode for 3.0 or anything.

Guess I'll just save my Orbs, since we already got female OC #37 for free.

I bet all their budget went into animating the generic flying mages: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/a533py/this_animation_though/. :p

Really though, I feel like they rushed the stuff that led up to Book 3 or planned so damn badly that they had absolutely nothing to cover the gap between the end of Book 2 and the introduction of Book 3.

Spoiler

The remaining Nifl and Muspell characters were shoved down on us where given what Book 3 started off with a kingdom of the dead invading, it would have made more sense if Hrid, Laevatein, and Ylgr were introduced alongside Eir, especially Hrid since they decided he should be a legendary hero. Fjorm probably would have wanted to warn her siblings and Laevatein or they might have already gotten wind of what happened. Even if Eir was the only free unit, Hrid, Laevatein, and Ylgr being there, as summonable units and probably as background characters, to help you fight Hel would make so much sense instead of hey, you can summon them because why not. Helbindi and Laegjarn you can write off as alternate selves, post-death summons, or whatever like Eldigan, Gunnthra, Sigurd while Surtr kind of worked to setup the whole he's been brought back to life as an undead warrior. Fjorm herself doesn't even get mentioned in the first chapter of Book 3 where you would think a princess of Nifl would be acknowledged by Henriette, the queen of Askr. Something as little as "Hello, princess Fjorm" would have been enough. The books can be played independently all they want, but there still needs to be some continuity.

Another issue I have with the start of Book 3 is that they straight-up tell you why Eir wanted to join us and with the opening movie, you can already tell why she's crying. She's supposed to be the mole that ends up caring about her captors. That's great, but don't tell us that in the first freaking chapter and the one where she joins us. Also, don't do it with a character where we know how she's going to feel about it later on. Leave it until the end or something. It would still be expected, but at least it would have more meaning when it's revealed to us and we can see her being conflicted because she genuinely doesn't want to hurt the people she came to love. Nope, Eir's a mole because her mother said so and she badly and awkwardly tries to join us in a way that everyone can tell she's suspicious and we already know why. It's not suspicion in the sense of why does the princess of the invading army want to join us, but one that we already know the suspicion because the freaking told us why she's suspicious.

Sometimes this can work and even if we're told that the character isn't someone to be trusted, but it didn't with Eir or how they handled it.

Also, Eir's map ready animation is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. Please sit on your weird, blue flying horse properly. I do not want to have to scrape your remains off of the ground.

6 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

BTW, Fjorm doesn't exist

Who? I lost track of what character was relevant after Surtr. There was that blank space on the banner Surtr was on, but that unit was probably useless. Is Fjorm an armor unit? Should I be using Fjorm? Is +HP, -Atk Zelgius even usable?

Edited by Kaden

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I bet all their budget went into animating the generic flying mages:

They are so hot I cannot even:
BtlFace.png
They are very definitely in the running for the title of the hottest generic. Lance fighter and pegasus knight got competition!

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Also, Eir's map ready animation is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. Please sit on your weird, blue flying horse properly. I do not want to have to scrape your remains off of the ground.

Oh lol. I just looked it up and really. Ahaha.

7 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

BTW, Fjorm doesn't exist

Fjorm’s dead.

8 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

BTW, Fjorm doesn't exist

Yeah, her just not even showing up once in those first two chapters was pretty good. I wouldn't be surprised if she straight-up died off-screen and/or she or Nifl in general never gets mentioned again from here on.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Infantry dragons are still the best.

Just because they are barefoot? Or because of your dragon bias?

Anyway, how are people supposed to build Catria now? Should I switch over to Atk/HP from my previous Def/HP? Close Def and QR will have to go anyway, I guess.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Just because they are barefoot? Or because of your dragon bias?

Winged sleeves, visible bare feet, well-proportioned chest, dragon bias.

Anyway, how are people supposed to build Catria now? Should I switch over to Atk/HP from my previous Def/HP? Close Def and QR will have to go anyway, I guess.

I'm currently leaning towards an Atk-stacking build with either Desperation or Renewal for sustain. On all three of the Whitewings.

Spoiler

Wow, It was so surprising and so great to finally meet Alfonse and Sharena's parents! I really like them. :) And I liked books 1 and 2 story-wise, so I can't really tell what the people who didn't like them think, but I'm seeing character development all over the place, here in book 3. So great! I finished ch2 and was like "Okay, where's ch3? … Why is it not appearing? … Oh right. Darn." Looking forward to it!

Put thoughts on the story in spoilers since I'm not sure if it's okay for me to just react to the story yet or not.

19 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

They are very definitely in the running for the title of the hottest generic. Lance fighter and pegasus knight got competition!

Meanwhile, the fafnirs. They look so sad like if Myrrh died and was forced to fight for evil. Couldn't find a clean image of them, though...

cvuat74t0l321.jpg

Oh lol. I just looked it up and really. Ahaha.

One wrong move and she'll stab her blue pegasus in the back of the head and she'll die. Almost anything she could do while in that pose would probably kill her. Case in point, her unique finisher animation.

Sure, let's twirl these sharp objects on a flying horse while sitting side saddle and flick them at an enemy. That's not dangerous at all.

Fjorm’s dead.

Watch this be the reason why Fjorm gets to live. She dies, we drag her back out of Hel, and that apparently works as a loophole for the Rite of Frost. While we're at that, can we also bring back Gunnthra, Helbindi, and Laegjarn?

Edited by Kaden

I feel like promoting Sharena just because of how rough she's got it. First she gets shafted at every turn, now her dad's not nice to her and IS is going to kill her too. I'm gonna call the police if IS keeps abusing this innocent 2D girl.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Winged sleeves, visible bare feet, well-proportioned chest, dragon bias.

I'm currently leaning towards an Atk-stacking build with either Desperation or Renewal for sustain. On all three of the Whitewings.

But all of them have winged sleeves and well-proportioned chests. So bare feet and dragon bias, as expected.

Good thing I already have Desperation on Catria from long ago, then. Maybe I’ll even go back to L&D. Or not.

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Couldn't find a clean image of them, though...

There you go:
BtlFace.png

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

I feel like promoting Sharena just because of how rough she's got it. First she gets shafted at every turn, now her dad's not nice to her and IS is going to kill her too. I'm gonna call the police if IS keeps abusing this innocent 2D girl.

#SharenasLivesMatter

But all of them have winged sleeves and well-proportioned chests. So bare feet and dragon bias, as expected.

The infantry dragons have their winged sleeves flaring out and up and don't have armor over their chests to obstruct the outline.

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

There you go:

BtlFace.png

Look at those cute toes. Yeah, she definitely looks like the only generic enemy who doesn't want to fight us, but then we slaughter her like the monsters we are.

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Same. Why does IS hate the girl so much? She’s done nothing to deserve it.

Maybe it's because she reminds Gustav of his failures. Part of me wonders after Henriette mentioned that something caused Gustav to change and Sharena dying in the book and the artwork of book 3 is if he had a sister who resembled Sharena, she died, and he blames himself for it. Maybe it wasn't a sister or his first love or something. Imagine if that person was from Embla or even Hel. That might make it really hard for him to talk to Sharena if she's essentially a walking reminder of his failures and to Alfonse if he desperately wants to prevent Alfonse from making the same mistakes he did. The worst part is that it might be something he can't prevent, but perhaps how Alfonse responds to it is what causes Gustav to change or lighten up. But who am I kidding, Book 3's story is going to even worse than Book 2's. :p

Anyway, on the subject of Eir, does anyone find her blue pegasus funny? Her pegasus being this weird, blue almost spirit, but maybe not spirit pegasus, its outlines, and it being a chibi makes it look funny to me.

Edited by Kaden