Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Once again, I'm wishing we get an increase on our Friend List, going to 100 from 50 was nice, but I'm again in the position of having to cull my list any time I want to add somebody.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

34 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Once again, I'm wishing we get an increase on our Friend List, going to 100 from 50 was nice, but I'm again in the position of having to cull my list any time I want to add somebody.

Same. I try to reassure myself that someone who hasn't played in a couple weeks doesn't care, but I still feel bad. I am ok with dropping people who miss an entire Grand Conquest since that's probably the area where people benefit from being friends with me the most. It wouldn't be right to deny a player who needs my support over someone who doesn't even play the mode.

8 minutes ago, Johann said:

Same. I try to reassure myself that someone who hasn't played in a couple weeks doesn't care, but I still feel bad. I am ok with dropping people who miss an entire Grand Conquest since that's probably the area where people benefit from being friends with me the most. It wouldn't be right to deny a player who needs my support over someone who doesn't even play the mode.

I've had a few friends drop the game for a few months and come back, and hate that I had to drop them.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I've had a few friends drop the game for a few months and come back, and hate that I had to drop them.

i know. it always sucks and i feel bad wehn they hve like "haven't played in 4weeks or something. i'd like to add more people here. i never understood why nintendo has a limit on these things. 

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i know. it always sucks and i feel bad wehn they hve like "haven't played in 4weeks or something. i'd like to add more people here. i never understood why nintendo has a limit on these things. 

In the age of internet communities, 100 is an awfully low limit.

So... looking at the GHB Rotation... I'm... actually almost done with the backlog... let's see...

Spoiler

• Mon: Narcian/Zephiel - Morgan/Special(?) clears.
  • Tue: Navarre - Infernal/Morgan/Special clears | Camus - Morgan/Special(?) clears.
  • Wed: Done.
  • Thur: Ursula - Morgan clear. | Clarisse - Morgan/Special(?) clears.
  • Fri: Done.
  • Sat: Michalis: Morgan clear.
  • Sun: Done.

On top of that there's a special clear for Linus tomorrow, maybe an extra clear for the Hector & Matthew BHB, the LHB clears and finally the Klein/Clarine BHB to finish things.

That's... ugh.. around 18-22 clears at the most. 9-12 if I don't want to be bothered with a bunch of extra clears.

Thinking about the fact that this has to happen in the next 2 weeks is exhausting. But then I think about the fact that this is a finite number. After this, eternal rest. At what point I wonder did this start feeling like a job?

10 minutes ago, Zeo said:

So... looking at the GHB Rotation... I'm... actually almost done with the backlog... let's see...

Hide contents

• Mon: Narcian/Zephiel - Morgan/Special(?) clears.
  • Tue: Navarre - Infernal/Morgan/Special clears | Camus - Morgan/Special(?) clears.
  • Wed: Done.
  • Thur: Ursula - Morgan clear. | Clarisse - Morgan/Special(?) clears.
  • Fri: Done.
  • Sat: Michalis: Morgan clear.
  • Sun: Done.

On top of that there's a special clear for Linus tomorrow, maybe an extra clear for the Hector & Matthew BHB, the LHB clears and finally the Klein/Clarine BHB to finish things.

That's... ugh.. around 18-22 clears at the most. 9-12 if I don't want to be bothered with a bunch of extra clears.

Thinking about the fact that this has to happen in the next 2 weeks is exhausting. But then I think about the fact that this is a finite number. After this, eternal rest. At what point I wonder did this start feeling like a job?

Aether Raids certainly feels like a job.  Have to do it every day with no margin for error.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Aether Raids certainly feels like a job.  Have to do it every day with no margin for error.

It is not as bad as Arena in my opinion. Tier 21 players may earn 1 more Orb than Tier 18-20, but that is 20% more. Right now, the top players in Aether Raids earn like maybe a few more Grails than me, but their percentage lead is like only 10% or so.

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I'm at the point where if someone's at the "Played 4 weeks ago" mark, I remove them, which I really hate doing, but I feel bad if someone's trying to add me and I just let them sit there.

Then there's my current internal struggle of having someone who hasn't played in a month but has a +10 Summer Tiki that I'm trying hard as hell not to delete because when am I ever gonna find one of those again

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I'm at the point where if someone's at the "Played 4 weeks ago" mark, I remove them, which I really hate doing, but I feel bad if someone's trying to add me and I just let them sit there.

Then there's my current internal struggle of having someone who hasn't played in a month but has a +10 Summer Tiki that I'm trying hard as hell not to delete because when am I ever gonna find one of those again

I definitely make an exception for my Grand Conquest brigade Hall of Fame

15 minutes ago, Johann said:

+10s are pretty much my only exception, even if I don't use them often. I hope they increase it to at least 150 or even 120 at some point, though.

2 hours ago, Landmaster said:

1 hour ago, Johann said:

don't you lose them if you refresh your friends? 
(well i guess not if they don't play and it's still there) LOL 

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

don't you lose them if you refresh your friends? 
(well i guess not if they don't play and it's still there) LOL

Yeah, you could remove someone and still use their unit until you hit refresh. I actually haven't hit refresh in months because this one guy changed up his Eliwood that I use, though with Hrid I might be willing to change that.

19 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Speculation about the latest datamine:

Hide contents

Short version: 

In the coming three princesses missions they use Fjorms full title (Fjorm: Princess of Ice), which may be an omen for a Fjorm alt. 

I wouldn't mind if Anna and Fjorm got seasonal alts. New Yars maybe?

@mampfoid @RexBolt More unnecessary alts, yay. I wonder why Christmas and New Year’s “seasons” couldn’t have been merged into one.
With how the Christmas banner lasts well into January, I would have expected the “New Year’s” banner be properly based on the Lunar New Year and appear in late January.

But this way it would overlap with the Valentine’s “season”, unless they would replace it with a White Day “season”.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@mampfoid @RexBolt More unnecessary alts, yay. I wonder why Christmas and New Year’s “seasons” couldn’t have been merged into one.
With how the Christmas banner lasts well into January, I would have expected the “New Year’s” banner be properly based on the Lunar New Year and appear in late January.

But this way it would overlap with the Valentine’s “season”, unless they would replace it with a White Day “season”.

It's a little weird yeah. But if it means another banner where i don't have to spend orbs so i could save up for the Laguz, all the best for me. I hope from the bottom of my heart to not see a Tellius alt at least until Valentines.

13 hours ago, XRay said:

It is not as bad as Arena in my opinion. Tier 21 players may earn 1 more Orb than Tier 18-20, but that is 20% more. Right now, the top players in Aether Raids earn like maybe a few more Grails than me, but their percentage lead is like only 10% or so.

That's a completely invalid comparison.

Aether Raids is the only source of Grails right now, meaning the top players do earn about 10% more Grails than you.

However, Arena is not the only source of orbs, and the extra 4 orbs each month from placing in Tier 21 is only 1% more than the 300+ other free orbs available each month.

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Speculation about the latest datamine:

Reveal hidden contents

Short version: 

In the coming three princesses missions they use Fjorms full title (Fjorm: Princess of Ice), which may be an omen for a Fjorm alt. 

That fits, considering

the TT that's going to launch alongside the New Year's banner is called "An Alliance of Princesses".

19 minutes ago, Othin said:

That fits, considering

Hide contents

the TT that's going to launch alongside the New Year's banner is called "An Alliance of Princesses".

What are the chances of the others princesses being Ylissean, Hoshidan or Nohrian princesses? Because... please no!