• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

20 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

silly i told you to let me know if you needed Eir. ;)
I'll add her now. 

I can't build emotional sentimentality to my fodder!

It's fine, Baldrick let me use his!~ She works fast, though, I got all her Quests done faster than the ones I could get for Fjorm~

On 2018-12-20 at 10:24 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Are you not getting enough sleep already? I'm a little surprised the game hasn't tempted me at all in the past... year I guess? Last January/MSZ is the only thing that stands out for me.

*Yawn* Well there is always next year. I'm still not giving up on this game yet. The January NH I'm going to lean on not being optimistic of, but February surely must win my affections, or March at least? Sloth Orb count stands at ~820.

Don't feel like discussing the disappointment of the past banners, I'm sure enough has already been spewed of them and I'd contribute nothing new.

Random comment, that new sword dude reminds me of TMS Chrom a little, just from the glimpse of the login artwork.

Also @Vaximillian, cute avi. Just don't end up like the cat in Christmas Vacation.

Why aren't you excited for Nailah and Tibarn? I thought you liked the laguz royals.

2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Why aren't you excited for Nailah and Tibarn? I thought you liked the laguz royals.

Oh, I would certainly be interested in them! Is there some Tellius banner that has been planned and announced that I'm not aware of?

13 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

To be fair, I care so little about FE6 that I barely remember anything about Brunnya so she may well be a worse character than Selena...but that still doesn't make Selena a good one to me.

Fair enough. I'm not the Fluorspar's biggest fan myself. After someone informed me of why she is arguably a bad Camus (doesn't question and resist her cause enough).

Canonical tome cav is nice for this game though. If they opt to GHB her, well Ursula is already Blue Tome Cav, so I'd make her RTC instead, even though her Bolting use is more evil than Ursula's possibly (being in the center of the map vs. being in Fog of War). Looking at what a fluorspar is for tome color possibilities, apparently they come in every possible color, so thats useless. 

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh, I would certainly be interested in them! Is there some Tellius banner that has been planned and announced that I'm not aware of?

Nailah and Tibarn are confirmed on a (likely) four-person (likely early) January banner, with the other two yet unknown.
Both are credited as coming from Radiant Dawn (despite that only being technically true for the big tiddy wolf lady).

Edited by Vaximillian

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Nailah and Tibarn are confirmed on a (likely) four-person (likely early) January banner, with the other two yet unknown.

It's gonna be a two person banner.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

It's gonna be a two person banner.

Yeah, I know that it’s a joke, but wasn’t there a grindfest announced with tickets for the banner? These assume at least four new characters in the batch… or “new” characters.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

WHAT?!

Finally my entry is hand! This is 2 desirable characters for me, and as long as the other 1 or 2 aren't real stinkers (but what in Tellius could that possibly be? Ballerina Oliver? -well Ilyana could be a real stinker actually), I'll be in at at last. I'll probably go all in hoping for all, but if I find I must cut my losses, Nailah takes my priority in my prayers, sorry Tibarn!

Now will they go all Laguz? Or add some Beorc to the mix? Haar or Jill mayhaps? Ranulf would be burning heavily into their supply of beloved Laguz.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now will they go all Laguz?

I personally expect them to go all laguz because the beasts will be the hot new thing with a new weapon type and everything. You can look up the recent Feh Channel for a tease.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yeah, I know that it’s a joke, but wasn’t there a grindfest announced with tickets for the banner? These assume at least four new characters in the batch… or “new” characters.

Forging Bonds no longer mean guaranteed 4-character banners. Brave Redux had a 3-character banner plus Aversa as the fourth, and the Nifl one mixed old and new characters.

Although this one starts the same day as the banner, and there's no GHB or TT listed for that day, so unless they include a past or future character, we can probably expect four banner characters on this one.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Forging Bonds no longer mean guaranteed 4-character banners. 

Hence why the “(likely)” in my post. But yeah, it’s mostly naïve hope on my part that we might actually return to 4-character banners in the new year. Can’t always be pessimistic, y’know.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

WHAT?!

Finally my entry is hand! This is 2 desirable characters for me, and as long as the other 1 or 2 aren't real stinkers (but what in Tellius could that possibly be? Ballerina Oliver? -well Ilyana could be a real stinker actually), I'll be in at at last. I'll probably go all in hoping for all, but if I find I must cut my losses, Nailah takes my priority in my prayers, sorry Tibarn!

Now will they go all Laguz? Or add some Beorc to the mix? Haar or Jill mayhaps? Ranulf would be burning heavily into their supply of beloved Laguz.

I was late so there's no point in me talking about the teaser but yes it was announced on the Feh channel. Tibarn's reveal was the best part about the channel. It also comes with a FB event which will be very interesting. Remember Nailah and Tibarn's battle conversation? 

Spoiler

Nailah: …I must confess, I’ve wanted this since I first laid eyes on you. I can hardly hold myself back right now.
Tibarn: Lady, the feeling is mutual. Why do you think I winged my way over here? It looks to me like we can have a nice, private time right here. No interruptions. Just you and me.
Nailah: Hawk King Tibarn. I think that a few more scars on your face will complete that rugged look you’re going for.
Tibarn: For a beautiful woman like you, I’ll gladly offer my head. Of course you’ll have to bring me down to the ground first.
Nailah: Challenge accepted. I think you’ll regret it once I add your feathers to my necklace, though. Oh, and let’s not tell Rafiel about this, agreed? He wouldn’t understand these urges of ours.

Who do you hope the other characters are? I'm hoping for Naesala and Deghinsea because all four laguz royals talking about rulership is going to be interesting especially since book 3's plot ties into what it means to be a good ruler. 

I made a huge list on what my priorities were prior to this banner was revealed though in case you want to know. 

14 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I was late so there's no point in me talking about the teaser but yes it was announced on the Feh channel. Tibarn's reveal was the best part about the channel. It also comes with a FB event which will be very interesting. Remember Nailah and Tibarn's battle conversation? 

Hide contents

Nailah: …I must confess, I’ve wanted this since I first laid eyes on you. I can hardly hold myself back right now.
Tibarn: Lady, the feeling is mutual. Why do you think I winged my way over here? It looks to me like we can have a nice, private time right here. No interruptions. Just you and me.
Nailah: Hawk King Tibarn. I think that a few more scars on your face will complete that rugged look you’re going for.
Tibarn: For a beautiful woman like you, I’ll gladly offer my head. Of course you’ll have to bring me down to the ground first.
Nailah: Challenge accepted. I think you’ll regret it once I add your feathers to my necklace, though. Oh, and let’s not tell Rafiel about this, agreed? He wouldn’t understand these urges of ours.

Who do you hope the other characters are? I'm hoping for Naesala and Deghinsea because all four laguz royals talking about rulership is going to be interesting especially since book 3's plot ties into what it means to be a good ruler. 

I made a huge list on what my priorities were prior to this banner was revealed though in case you want to know. 

Banquet of the Three Kings, anyone? But Nailah and Tibarn's conversation is...interesting...their being on a banner together makes sense outside of being Royals

18 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I forgot about Brave Redux, but yeah.

I was also thinking that two years in, there are still several Primary Antagonists yet to be added to the game.

Rudolph, Raydrick, Nergal, Ashnard, Sephiran, Validar.  You think the Big Bads from their respective games would be in by now at least.

I'm hoping we'll get one of Dheginsea or Sephiran next month. Of the antagonists in RD they're easily the ones with the strongest connection to the Laguz and unlike a certain group of senators they actually have some sort of memorability/popularity, so they would make good choices for a GHB. I could also see Nergal pop up sometime next year, though it depends on whether they want to do Sonia or Limstella first. 

Tibarn looks sufficiently large when shifted, I am satisfied. Not sure if they transferred over the Mistress of the Evil Eye satisfactorily. 

Compared to her official artwork:

Spoiler

nailah_en.png

Well actually, I think the issue is that from the artwork, we don't see the white things enough. They did lose some detail though (expectable due to being chibified). The red... dress? Not sure what you would call it. It needs more vibrant color in FEH. 

Not like it really matters, since I'll be playing the Lite Data version anyhow. And most of the time she is going to be shifted and chewing on flesh, which is why I didn't even bring up her ingame RD unshifted battle model.

3 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Assuming pure Laguz on the banner:

Dheg would be amazing, but it'd be doing him something of a disservice to not be GHB. Although assuming they made him Armored Breath, him being summonable would be a good service as well, in a different way- he is supposed to be one of the absolute strongest characters in Tellius. 

Naesala would give us a second Strike (or whatever the new weapon type(s) are/is called) Flier right from the start. 

Ranulf, well he isn't royal, but he is popular I would think. And he spends a good deal of time with Tibarn in RD. 

Caineghis is royal, and has a "good old friendly king" vibe with the distinction of being powerful and a bit lively atop it. Yet he isn't exactly dynamic and dramatic like Tibarn and Naesala.

Skrimir- Personally, I like the guy due to his development, but he lacks the stature of the above.

Notice how everyone above is a guy? Female Laguz are few- Nailah, Ena, Lethe, Lyre, Vika, and Leanne (a special case being a refresher who canonically can't attack). Of these, I think Lethe might have a slim shot of getting on to the upcoming banner. She is likable,  has a little importance, a bottle of hair dye and she could be spun as bestial Severa. Ena would be nice, but if Dragon Laguz got Breath'ed, then I don't think she would belong here at the moment if there was another Dragon Laguz.

I don't see the Herons getting in yet due to their weapon issue. Unless they Tome'd or Staff'ed them for the Galdrars.

There is also to me the question of saving some popular Laguz for later to get people to consider pulling the less popular ones, we only have so many, even if there are also 6 3DS beasts too. Playing most of the Royals and Ranulf might be a bad thing for later. Seasonalizing beasts or giving us canon-defying Micaiah/Soren/Stefan/Amy/Zelgius/Sephiran who can shapeshift, could expand the pool somewhat.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hide contents

Seasonalizing beasts or giving us canon-defying Micaiah/Soren/Stefan/Amy/Zelgius/Sephiran who can shapeshift, could expand the pool somewhat.

That'd actually be pretty interesting. They could expand that to Manakete!F!Morgan and Taguel!Morgan if they wanted to go that route. But I highly doubt it as you need to meet...certain...specifics to get them that way. Still, hypothetical Laguz versions of Branded characters would be an interesting angle.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

but what in Tellius could that possibly be? Ballerina Oliver? -

That would be the perfect reason to pull on that banner! 

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Seasonalizing beasts or giving us canon-defying Micaiah/Soren/Stefan/Amy/Zelgius/Sephiran who can shapeshift, could expand the pool somewhat.

Never thought of that, but everyone could become seasonal shape shifting bunnies/rendeers/pigeons. 

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Tibarn looks sufficiently large when shifted, I am satisfied. Not sure if they transferred over the Mistress of the Evil Eye satisfactorily. 

Compared to her official artwork:

Reveal hidden contents

nailah_en.png

Well actually, I think the issue is that from the artwork, we don't see the white things enough. They did lose some detail though (expectable due to being chibified). The red... dress? Not sure what you would call it. It needs more vibrant color in FEH. 

Not like it really matters, since I'll be playing the Lite Data version anyhow. And most of the time she is going to be shifted and chewing on flesh, which is why I didn't even bring up her ingame RD unshifted battle model.

Assuming pure Laguz on the banner:

Dheg would be amazing, but it'd be doing him something of a disservice to not be GHB. Although assuming they made him Armored Breath, him being summonable would be a good service as well, in a different way- he is supposed to be one of the absolute strongest characters in Tellius. 

Naesala would give us a second Strike (or whatever the new weapon type(s) are/is called) Flier right from the start. 

Ranulf, well he isn't royal, but he is popular I would think. And he spends a good deal of time with Tibarn in RD. 

Caineghis is royal, and has a "good old friendly king" vibe with the distinction of being powerful and a bit lively atop it. Yet he isn't exactly dynamic and dramatic like Tibarn and Naesala.

Skrimir- Personally, I like the guy due to his development, but he lacks the stature of the above.

Notice how everyone above is a guy? Female Laguz are few- Nailah, Ena, Lethe, Lyre, Vika, and Leanne (a special case being a refresher who canonically can't attack). Of these, I think Lethe might have a slim shot of getting on to the upcoming banner. She is likable,  has a little importance, a bottle of hair dye and she could be spun as bestial Severa. Ena would be nice, but if Dragon Laguz got Breath'ed, then I don't think she would belong here at the moment if there was another Dragon Laguz.

I don't see the Herons getting in yet due to their weapon issue. Unless they Tome'd or Staff'ed them for the Galdrars.

There is also to me the question of saving some popular Laguz for later to get people to consider pulling the less popular ones, we only have so many, even if there are also 6 3DS beasts too. Playing most of the Royals and Ranulf might be a bad thing for later. Seasonalizing beasts or giving us canon-defying Micaiah/Soren/Stefan/Amy/Zelgius/Sephiran who can shapeshift, could expand the pool somewhat.

I hope they aren't going to add all the popular laguz in the first round because just the hype of laguz should be enough to sell the banner. I'm hoping for Deghinsea, Naesala or Kurthnaga but just any one of them is enough to sell me on the banner. Skrimir, Ranulf, Reyson or Caineghis would be good as well. 

Have you heard of Mythic heroes? Basically Mythic heroes are like legendary heroes but their blessing only applies to aether raids. Only godlike beings can be mythic heroes. So do you think we'll get more lord alts? 

I think light priestess Micaiah would fit but I also want light sage Micaiah as a legendary because legendaries can be used outside of Aether raids. 

45 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Have you heard of Mythic heroes? Basically Mythic heroes are like legendary heroes but their blessing only applies to aether raids. Only godlike beings can be mythic heroes. So do you think we'll get more lord alts? 

Everything I know comes from what is said on this site, I've never watched a FEH Direct or read the news on the app. And I was on hiatus back from late October till a few days ago, so they escaped me.

There is always some cynicism that they'll load up this new category with alts of already popular characters who already have plenty of alts again. Mythic Lyn anyone? Or OCs that may or may not be so underbaked the judges will refuse to eat them, but nonetheless are popular or perceived to be that way.

To be optimistic, they could use this for actual mythical characters, like Athos and Dheg (and Bramimond). If they've paid enough attention to fan criticism, then they might just add these. 

49 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I think light priestess Micaiah would fit but I also want light sage Micaiah as a legendary because legendaries can be used outside of Aether raids. 

Light Priestess Micaiah would indeed be suitable since she channels Yune, an actual goddess. And if you believe Yune's one little comment, she is supposed to be strong enough to tackle the entire Tower of Guidance on her own (ahahahaha!- yeah she won't have the stats to do that, why didn't she get massive promotion bonuses?).

Light Sage Micaiah is also a reasonable alt; perhaps make her lines oriented towards being very stressed out, imagine she was ripped from her world after 3-12. Just to show a different side of her, one which few other lords are faced with.

Although speaking of Micaiah, a Mythic Ike has the issue of Vanguard already being used up. He still has Lord Ike and Hero Ike, but those pale in being mythical.

For every other lord, other than Leif, Seliph, and Alm perhaps, I find it difficult for them to come up with something even more glorious than what they already have. Is there a more perfect Marth? Or a more perfect Ephraim? Unless they choose to go over-the-top like SoV's Overclasses.

Or they can go radically different, like bad universe Deadlord Chrom (but I just want Conqueror!Chrom!). Maybe we could at last get Old Eliwood and Old Hector? Or if Roland and Durban are too forgettable to add, make a Sword Infantry Eliwood that is supposed to represent him as Roland, and a shirtless metal headband Hector to stand in for Durban. 

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Never thought of that, but everyone could become seasonal shape shifting bunnies/rendeers/pigeons. 

And I'd be fine with that. We have magic and we have modern swimwear and Christmas garb, why keep shapeshifting restricted to shapeshifters on holidays?

I've been wanting a kid character who isn't a dragon for Halloween who eats so much candy they turn into a dragon and exhale Saccharine Breath (although with beasts coming along, why not make Delthea SOHYPERACTIVETHATSHETURNSINTOARABBITMISSILETHATCAN'TEVERSTOP!). And a Valentine's guy who reeks of Eau du Dragonne, which turns them into the Dragon of Looooove!, killing things with stinky Perfumed Breath.

4 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Still, hypothetical Laguz versions of Branded characters would be an interesting angle.

It was an idea of my youth long ago, before RD even came out. The child's premise if I remember it right was that Soren in dire circumstances could force himself into a shifted form, albeit with it being very risky to do.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And a Valentine's guy who reeks of Eau du Dragonne, which turns them into the Dragon of Looooove!, killing things with stinky Perfumed Breath.

I think i died a little. And I'm thinking of Virion or Vaike as that unfortunate receiver of Eau du Dragonne ?

Also, thinking of making a meme-team with OG!Eirika, OG Ephraim, Winter Eirika, and Brave Ephraim.

Edited by silverserpent

20 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Banquet of the Three Kings, anyone? But Nailah and Tibarn's conversation is...interesting...their being on a banner together makes sense outside of being Royals

If that means Naesala is the third king then I would be very happy with that.

Edited by EricaofRenais