• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I honestly wasn't going to care one bit about assets and flaws whenever I got around to playing, and I'm still going to ignore the meta stuff and just be free of worries, but this sounds like a nice tweak. (Not that you'll ever find me intentionally looking for merges.)

I'm getting really disheartened about how this game is nothing but a waifu fest now.  2017 kept the gender ratio pretty balanced, but 2018 has added twice as many girls as guys, and it's only getting worse.

I'm getting really disheartened about how this game is nothing but a waifu fest now.  2017 kept the gender ratio pretty balanced, but 2018 has added twice as many girls as guys, and it's only getting worse.

The nature system change is very nice, although I don't think it's going to be very helpful for me. Like, my Eirika just got a bit bulkier but nothing crazy, Sheena doesn't need Spd at all so w/e and Cordelia doesn't need Def either. At least many of my +1 units are going to become a lot better than they used to be. 

For the NY banner, I'm glad it doesn't have anyone I care about which means more orb dumping for W!Eirika.

Welp, I should have went with +Spd, -HP Eliwood. On the bright side, I did summon a +Spd, -HP Eliwood or I kept him just in case I wanted to switch. Odin on the other hand I don't think I ever summoned a +Spd, -HP copy, so whatever on him.

My Clair is going to be even more obscenely bulky when the merge update hits in February.

Edited by Kaden

I think IS stopped caring about male units who aren't Hector and Ephraim.

They haven't really given a shit about Roy and Ike either since the beginning of the year.

Well I am going to guess that the guy is the TT reward, which if true means I can skip the NY banner.  I am sick of IS not having gender balance, I keep hoping for gender balanced banners but IS seems to think that would cause the world to end:(  

3 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Well I am going to guess that the guy is the TT reward, which if true means I can skip the NY banner.  I am sick of IS not having gender balance, I keep hoping for gender balanced banners but IS seems to think that would cause the world to end:(  

Spoiler

He has Hone Attack 4, so people are saying Laegjarn is the freebie.

But yeah, they had to give him the powercreep skill to make him look more worthwhile.

Wow, a banner of characters I care even less about than the ones on Gifts of Winter. Bravo, IS.

Spoiler

Though you guys can actually fuck off for giving Hrid a seasonal before Ike, Alm, Sigurd, etc. That actually makes me legit angry.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:
  Reveal hidden contents

He has Hone Attack 4, so people are saying Laegjarn is the freebie.

But yeah, they had to give him the powercreep skill to make him look more worthwhile.

"Sigh" now I will need to pull, if this is true.

8 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Laegjarn is the tempest reward, and her skillset supports that.

2 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

"Sigh" now I will need to pull, if this is true.

And he's gonna share red. I would like the other red, but shared colors on 4 unit banners hurt my physically.

If the dude is indeed a banner unit rather than the TT reward, it sort of feels like a sham effort to make it seem like "we're not totally ignoring guys? See? One's on a banner!" or something like that.

The seasonal units this year have been needlessly slanted in favor of the female characters. I think the Valentine's banner in February was the only one that gave us more male characters than female characters (including Eliwood) and the Hoshidan summer one was the only other one that had equal male and female characters on the banner.

Guess IS doesn't want money from straight women, gay men, or anyone who'd spend money on a dude who's not Ephraim or Hector.

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

And he's gonna share red. I would like the other red, but shared colors on 4 unit banners hurt my physically.

Yeah, I really hate it when two units share a color and one is someone I don't want.  And it has to be red hell, the pool with highest number of pity breakers.

@Vaximillian thanks for the info, looks like I will be going into red hell then.

Just what I wanted, a Banner with 0 characters that I care about~ We are a go to focus on the Christmas Banners.

Spoiler

Hrid getting an alt this soon is a legitimate joke but can't be mad at IS telling me to not even glance at this Banner

17 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Don't roll on the banner if you don't want it

Everyone loves their laguz anyways

Oh, don't worry. That's exactly my plan. And this time, I actually mean it unlike Gifts of Winter where I caved and pulled anyways. I got a staff armor for my troubles at least.

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Wow, a banner of characters I care even less about than the ones on Gifts of Winter. Bravo, IS.

Ouch

Spoiler

I get the idea of Ike going Seasonal-less due to being "too serious" a character. Although I don't recall Marth ever being at ease in his games, so even if he isn't stoic, he is not exactly someone suited for a Seasonal from a certain perspective. 

But Alm is lacking for some reason, only Celica of the SoV crew has gotten a lot of attention. She has been very busy wasting her life away in FEH.

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

Just what I wanted, a Banner with 0 characters that I care about~ We are a go to focus on the Christmas Banners.

In response to your spoiler stuff:

Spoiler

I'm getting the sense that IS has operated in two plans in this year for the banners.

Plan 1- From January to roughly Summer, or roughly September. This is the plan which gave Micaiah and had a fair bit of diversity in things, if not as much as would be ideal in the banner picks. It started before and continued after CYL2.

Plan 2 When exactly IS shifted over is debatable. Awakening lacked ever having a dedicated banner of new additions so Ylissean Travelers wasn't just a "conservative" move. On the other hand, the Quan-Lewyn-Silvia FE4 banner might be considered part of Plan 2, since while these were good and important additions, we already had an FE4 banner this year, so were they unfairly "pandering" to FE4 lovers here?

What is certain is that CYL2's results were part of this plan, and the results are why IS vomited every Book 2 OC in a rapid fire sequence. They must have assumed people LOVED these characters, and besides B2 ending, they thus thought it best to add them all at once for their bottom line. 

Speaking again of conservatism, the inclusion of Nina and co. might have been a fair move despite the already high percentage of Fates characters in FEH, but after Adrift, one could argue it was a pandering move of playing it safe with new additions.

It is possible that Tibarn and Nailah coming are just part of the continuing response to CYL2 results. On the other hand, it could herald the beginnings of their next set of plans for new additions, possibly a more optimistic, diverse, and adventurous set of banners and characters.