Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

16 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

We're really overdue for another round of demotions, although considering the only demote one unit to 4* if we're lucky now, if they just dropped the 4-5*s again like they did last time, we'd just be getting like six new 3-4*s.  We need to demote some 5* exclusives.  Everything pre-CYL1, would be a good start, then every 6 months or so drop another batch.

Most of them would be fine at 4*, although I can see a few points of concern. Amelia and Hector certainly don't seem realistic to drop, and Alm and Celica have some pretty nasty refines. Genny might also be an issue, depending on how tight of a lid they want to keep on Wrathful Staff.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

Alm and Celica have some pretty nasty refines.

Caeda and Clair, the Whitewings, and the others got some pretty beastly refines and they have been 3–4★ for quite a while now. Ares was pretty beastly on arrival, and he still got demoted. The demotions depend only on their will or lack thereof.

So, thinking ahead to the January legendary hero banner. Mythic hero banner? Who knows.

It looks like we can expect something along the lines of the following:

1. Legendary Ike (red)
  2. Legendary Eirika (red)
  3. Legendary Tiki (blue)
  4. Legendary Lyn (green)
  5. New mythic hero (colorless)
  6. Summer Linde (colorless)
  7. Brave Ephraim (green) or Brave Celica (red)
  8. Some "Festival in Hoshido" unit
  9. Some "Festival in Hoshido" or "The Land's Bounty" unit
  10. Some "Brave Redux" unit, probably?
  11. One of Green Olwen, Quan, Lewyn, and Laegjarn?
  12. Another of Green Olwen, Quan, Lewyn, and Laegjarn?

By my count, Green Olwen, Quan, Lewyn, and Laegjarn are the only non-CYL New Heroes released between the start of Book 2 and Brave Heroes who haven't yet appeared on a legendary banner, which makes them pretty striking candidates. Summer Linde, meanwhile, seems pretty guaranteed since she's the only seasonal left from before Festival in Hoshido.

I'm guessing something along these lines:

• Red: Legendary Ike, Legendary Eirika, Summer Micaiah
  • Blue: Legendary Tiki, Halloween Niles, Quan
  • Green: Legendary Lyn, Green Olwen, Brave Ephraim
  • Colorless: New Mythic, Summer Linde, Loki
55 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Caeda and Clair, the Whitewings, and the others got some pretty beastly refines and they have been 3–4★ for quite a while now. Ares was pretty beastly on arrival, and he still got demoted. The demotions depend only on their will or lack thereof.

Fair enough.

Edited by Othin

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Most of them would be fine at 4*, although I can see a few points of concern. Amelia and Hector certainly don't seem realistic to drop, and Alm and Celica have some pretty nasty refines. Genny might also be an issue, depending on how tight of a lid they want to keep on Wrathful Staff.

With the amount of powercreep lately, I don't see Armor March and Distant Counter getting into the 4* pool being an issue, you'd still need to promote them to 5* to access the skill, so it would be Feather limited, like giving units Aether or Galeforce is, and it would let non-whales experiment with builds that are already ubiquitous in Arena.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

So, thinking ahead to the January legendary hero banner. Mythic hero banner? Who knows.

It looks like we can expect something along the lines of the following:

1. Legendary Ike (red)
  2. Legendary Eirika (red)
  3. Legendary Tiki (blue)
  4. Legendary Lyn (green)
  5. New mythic hero (colorless)
  6. Summer Linde (colorless)
  7. Brave Ephraim (green) or Brave Celica (red)
  8. Some "Festival in Hoshido" unit
  9. Some "Festival in Hoshido" or "The Land's Bounty" unit
  10. Some "Brave Redux" unit, probably?
  11. One of Green Olwen, Quan, Lewyn, and Laegjarn?
  12. Another of Green Olwen, Quan, Lewyn, and Laegjarn?

By my count, Green Olwen, Quan, Lewyn, and Laegjarn are the only non-CYL New Heroes released between the start of Book 2 and Brave Heroes who haven't yet appeared on a legendary banner, which makes them pretty striking candidates. Summer Linde, meanwhile, seems pretty guaranteed since she's the only unit left from before Festival in Hoshido.

I'm guessing something along these lines:

• Red: Legendary Ike, Legendary Eirika, Summer Micaiah
  • Blue: Legendary Tiki, Halloween Niles, Quan
  • Green: Legendary Lyn, Green Olwen, Brave Ephraim
  • Colorless: New Mythic, Summer Linde, Loki

Having two colorless Mythics in a row seems weird, but stranger things have happened.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Having two colorless Mythics in a row seems weird, but stranger things have happened.

We still have only one colorless Legendary so i'm not complaining. But i really don't want to see any Sword at Mythic status. We have FOUR of them already.

Edit: FIVE! I forgot Marth.

Edited by RexBolt

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

With the amount of powercreep lately, I don't see Armor March and Distant Counter getting into the 4* pool being an issue, you'd still need to promote them to 5* to access the skill, so it would be Feather limited, like giving units Aether or Galeforce is, and it would let non-whales experiment with builds that are already ubiquitous in Arena.

Feathers aren't much of a limit anymore. Distant Counter and Armor March are still ways they can push people to pull for fodder, and I doubt they want to weaken that anytime soon.

With the four returning legendaries being split among red/blue/green, while Robin is set to return in February and Eir is set to return in March, it seems pretty hard to imagine another explanation. It's a bit surprising after such a long drought, but it's certainly better than two consecutive months of sword cavalry.

Feathers aren't much of a limit anymore. Distant Counter and Armor March are still ways they can push people to pull for fodder, and I doubt they want to weaken that anytime soon.

With the four returning legendaries being split among red/blue/green, while Robin is set to return in February and Eir is set to return in March, it seems pretty hard to imagine another explanation. It's a bit surprising after such a long drought, but it's certainly better than two consecutive months of sword cavalry.

DC and Armor March are good skills, but they've released more powercrept skills like the Fighter and 4th tier skills.  After two years, they should drop them eventually.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

DC and Armor March are good skills, but they've released more powercrept skills like the Fighter and 4th tier skills.  After two years, they should drop them eventually.

They've released many powerful skills, but ones with very different effects than DC and Armor March, and those effects often complement them. Being able to attack at range is useful with Vengeful Fighter, for example, and being able to move two spaces is quite important for Bold Fighter.

The only thing that can really be called "more powercrept" is Ostian Counter, and that's a personal skill on a single, 5* exclusive unit. There's nothing comparable in the 4* pool.

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Gray waves does +all stats if you have a dance buff skill on Azura (Earth Dance etc.), that's... interesting. Pity +5 all stats is kind of tame, these days, but it does free up the C-slot and S-slot if you spend a B-slot for it.

Wings of Mercy is usually pretty important for a dancer, but you do have the option of using your seal for your dance skill instead.

Just now, Othin said:

Wings of Mercy is usually pretty important for a dancer, but you do have the option of using your seal for your dance skill instead.

Azura doesn't need to WoM, her job is to either buff a guy to hilarious levels for EP combat, or dance the person that repo'd someone forward, which is a range she can just walk to. The +1 move on her dance means that the person that's danced doesn't need to be as far into the enemy threat range in order to reach combat.

WoM is far from useless, of course, but Azura's kit means that she needs it significantly less than other dancers. (And even other dancers don't need it that much---the reason I run double WoM is less because it's good and more because what the hell else am I going to run in that slot? It saves a unit-turn occasionally, but the team has to be built that you don't need WoM to win, or else you'll just sink to certain team comps.)

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Azura doesn't need to WoM, her job is to either buff a guy to hilarious levels for EP combat, or dance the person that repo'd someone forward, which is a range she can just walk to. The +1 move on her dance means that the person that's danced doesn't need to be as far into the enemy threat range in order to reach combat.

WoM is far from useless, of course, but Azura's kit means that she needs it significantly less than other dancers. (And even other dancers don't need it that much---the reason I run double WoM is less because it's good and more because what the hell else am I going to run in that slot? It saves a unit-turn occasionally, but the team has to be built that you don't need WoM to win, or else you'll just sink to certain team comps.)

True. But even for Azura, what are you going to want more in another slot?

True. But even for Azura, what are you going to want more in another slot?

More stats.

Drive & Goads. (And maybe Hone Atk 4 for when positioning\wallet allows it.)

For a pure offensive lineup she'll probably still run WoM, but in that case she can be simulated with a horse & dancer combo.

maybe there's a way to like. "faux-demote" some units. like. once a month have a skills banner or something that's locked to 5* (say Amelia/Hector) as previous mentioned - however for this event, you can also get 4* Amelia/4*Hector. it's still as "random" as getting the 5* but it's a little higher chance, you still spend orbs etc to try to luck out in this event, and then after the banner is over, poof, back to 5* exclusive until another few months (rinse repeat for others). 

It is the second-to-last hour in grand hero battle, and Lyn's team has two areas left.

Which is ironic because I'm on team Eliwood and I posted yesterday how at one point we only had two areas.

6 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

maybe there's a way to like. "faux-demote" some units. like. once a month have a skills banner or something that's locked to 5* (say Amelia/Hector) as previous mentioned - however for this event, you can also get 4* Amelia/4*Hector. it's still as "random" as getting the 5* but it's a little higher chance, you still spend orbs etc to try to luck out in this event, and then after the banner is over, poof, back to 5* exclusive until another few months (rinse repeat for others). 

Yeah, I've speculated about them using the 4* banners the way, featuring characters otherwise locked to 5*. If they bring back the 4* banners and either feature tamer 5* exclusives on them or demote the tamer ones outright, I could see characters like Amelia and Hector getting that treatment. Rather than giving up completely on getting people to pull for them, it's making a limited-time opportunity to pull for them at a much higher rate than usual.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, I've speculated about them using the 4* banners the way, featuring characters otherwise locked to 5*. If they bring back the 4* banners and either feature tamer 5* exclusives on them or demote the tamer ones outright, I could see characters like Amelia and Hector getting that treatment. Rather than giving up completely on getting people to pull for them, it's making a limited-time opportunity to pull for them at a much higher rate than usual.

it would be nice, that's for sure. 

Since I'm off work tomorrow, I might be able to actually try to pull units at launch tonight.

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

My first post of 2019. I'm hoping for the survey to get announced tomorrow if we'll even get one.

Ah, I never noticed you were in the Baltics before.  Which country?  I'm part Lithuanian.

9 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Well, I’ve still got about 4 hours of 2018 left so maybe it’s a bit early for me to say this, but Happy New Year everybody!

@Rezzy Good luck pulling for New Year units, if you decide to do so.

I mostly want Hrid, though I notice he shares a color with Gunnthra.

38 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I mostly want Hrid, though I notice he shares a color with Gunnthra.

Yeah, that kinda sucks. At least Gunnthrá looks like she’d still be a rather alright unit if you pulled her though.

Still, hopefully Hríd gets to you quickly. And twice, if possible, so he can benefit from February’s merging-fixes-banes update.