Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

A Prf tome with a constantly active +1 move wouldn't even be broken, to be honest. Tomes are just too horrifying as a weapon type for something that's effectively +8 or +12 BST (+12 BST compared to a ranged horse if he gets Kliff level stats) to be anything special.

If he also rode a horse that'd be a different thing, but +1 move on an infantry tomer doesn't even matter.

Edit: I'd love it as a B-slot, though. And ideally a Prf skill (despite how it was in RD), so that you don't just fodder him to your favorite offensive unit.

Edited by DehNutCase

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

@DehNutCase Well, +1 MOV would effectively make Tormod a Cavalry mage with higher BST that can move through forests and ignores trenches and benefit from Infantry-exclusive (like Infantry Pulse/Rush/Flash and Null Follow-Up) and locked-away-from-Cavalry skills (like Flashing Blade and Special Spiral). Not sure if that would make him too good or not though, I suppose that would come down to his stats and whatever else his weapon comes with.

And yeah, I'd love Celerity as a passive Skill (maybe C Slot, considering that's where Armor March is, though B could work too, really as long as it isn't A I'd be okay with it), though the fact that I don't want it on just anyone is why I wanted it on Tormod's weapon (though I wouldn't object if it were only available to, say, non-Cavalry Bow/Dagger units). I was gonna say it couldn't be a Prf skill, but we have Zelgius with his Warp Powder in the general pool and Arvis & Arden with their exclusive skills so Tormod could do that, and I wouldn't complain if he did (though I would like to get it as a non-Prf skill, but maybe Tormod can get a better version, like maybe the regular skill can \be Movement Boost 1/2/3 that just grants +1 MOV at turn start when at or above 100%/50%/greater-than-0 HP but Tormod gets Movement Boost 1/Movement Boost 2/Celerity and Celerity gives +1 MOV at turn start and also lets him move through forests for 1 MOV or prevents him from being affected by Gravity or something).

Edited by ILikeKirbys

1 hour ago, Motendra said:

He's the Tellian Navarre with a code to protect them, right?

He was in love with a Laguz, though their relationship didn't work out he's sympathetic to the laguz.

In one chapter in Radiant Dawn, if you have him talk to Lethe when she's an enemy, he'll become an enemy unit.

Tormod is probably the beorc who makes the most sense to be introduced alongside laguz, on account of being part of a laguz liberation group and his parent figure being a laguz.

Also, having a personal +1 move skill as an infantry unit might be not-as-broken Celerity 3 activated at only ≤50% HP or something. Also, if I recall his RD stats correctly, he had high speed and defense growth, middling resistance and magic, and meh HP growth. I suppose 3-move would be less broken if he were basically a faster Canas with more def and less res rather than having Lewyn-like stats or personal weapon?

EDIT: It should also probably be locked to him, since his not-as-perfect stat spread would keep him from using that movement skill to a ridiculous extent. Don't need fucking Ophelia or Lewyn with any more extra move. (glares at legendary Azura)

Edited by Sunwoo

19 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

@DehNutCase Well, +1 MOV would effectively make Tormod a Cavalry mage with higher BST that can move through forests and ignores trenches and benefit from Infantry-exclusive (like Infantry Pulse/Rush/Flash and Null Follow-Up) and locked-away-from-Cavalry skills (like Flashing Blade and Special Spiral). Not sure if that would make him too good or not though, I suppose that would come down to his stats and whatever else his weapon comes with.

It takes a lot for a Prf Tome to be worth running over a generic, +12 BST and shifting to a move type that's worse at being buffed isn't enough. If you honestly think Infantry exclusive skills are worth losing Hone, Goad, and -blade over then you do you, though.

(-blade is so ridiculous that even if Tormod had 40 base Atk and a special proc on every hit he's still going be out damaged by a fully buffed -blade user.)

10 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Tormod is probably the beorc who makes the most sense to be introduced alongside laguz, on account of being part of a laguz liberation group and his parent figure being a laguz.

Also, having a personal +1 move skill as an infantry unit might be not-as-broken Celerity 3 activated at only ≤50% HP or something. Also, if I recall his RD stats correctly, he had high speed and defense growth, middling resistance and magic, and meh HP growth. I suppose 3-move would be less broken if he were basically a faster Canas with more def and less res rather than having Lewyn-like stats or personal weapon?

EDIT: It should also probably be locked to him, since his not-as-perfect stat spread would keep him from using that movement skill to a ridiculous extent. Don't need fucking Ophelia or Lewyn with any more extra move. (glares at legendary Azura)

I checked on the main site, and Tormod's growths actually have Luck and Defense as his lowest growths, with meh HP growth like you said. Still, I could see swapping Canas's SPD and RES, then siphoning a few points from both defenses to boost his SPD and ATK to make Tormod (so, Tormod could end up with something like 36 HP | 33 ATK | 37 SPD | 16 DEF | 28 RES). Could make a pretty alright unit with a good weapon and the right skills.

And yeah, Legendary Azura is gonna be super annoying to deal with in the future.

@DehNutCase Ah, I see your point (on everything except Special Spiral, that skill probably is good enough to justify running some Infantry units). Reinhardt+Hone Cavalry Cav+2 Dancers and Brave Bow Summer Takumi+Myrrh+2 Flying Dancers are my go-to solutions for most situations for a reason, after all, and that's at least somewhat due to the ease with which I can give buffs to the important units in these setups.

41 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

I checked on the main site, and Tormod's growths actually have Luck and Defense as his lowest growths, with meh HP growth like you said. Still, I could see swapping Canas's SPD and RES, then siphoning a few points from both defenses to boost his SPD and ATK to make Tormod (so, Tormod could end up with something like 36 HP | 33 ATK | 37 SPD | 16 DEF | 28 RES). Could make a pretty alright unit with a good weapon and the right skills.

Odd ... I thought that RD Tormod had higher defense growth. Which Tormod are you looking at?

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Odd ... I thought that RD Tormod had higher defense growth. Which Tormod are you looking at?

Radiant Dawn Tormod, who does have a better Defense growth than his Path of Radiance version (35 in RD vs 25 in POR), but I'm not sure if that makes it notably high (possibly among mages? Probably not when compared to all units though). Either way, it still looks like it'd be one of his weaker stats (along with HP), though I could be wrong.

11 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Radiant Dawn Tormod, who does have a better Defense growth than his Path of Radiance version (35 in RD vs 25 in POR), but I'm not sure if that makes it notably high (possibly among mages? Probably not when compared to all units though). Either way, it still looks like it'd be one of his weaker stats (along with HP), though I could be wrong.

Perhaps my Tormods were always defense blessed or something, because I seem to remember him having higher defense than he apparently has. I guess his defense and his resistance values could be a bit closer to one another or something, but either way I guess his offense would be more important than his defense.

3 hours ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Not sure if that would make him too good or not though, I suppose that would come down to his stats and whatever else his weapon comes with.

But wouldn't that take up a skill slot or weapon effect slot? Both are limited. If he expends a slot on a Mov buff, he wouldn't be able to use it for buffing a different stat. On the other hand, a Cav could use the same slot for a stat buff, thus narrowing or completely undoing the difference between them.

3 hours ago, Baldrick said:

He was in love with a Laguz, though their relationship didn't work out he's sympathetic to the laguz.

To quote some particular lines from him:

Excerpted from his PoR Ike Base Convo:

Spoiler

Zihark
I joined the Toha vigilantes solely for the purpose of saving laguz. I'm not from Crimea, but when I heard she had joined with Gallia, I envisioned my perfect world, one in which the laguz could live normal lives, free of oppression. However, when I came to Crimea, I found things were no different there than in any other beorc nation.

Ike
It was the same for me. I couldn't allow myself to ignore these problems any longer.

Zihark
I'm happy to hear it. Of all the beorc I've ever met, you're the only one who shares my conviction.

Ike
Zihark, is there...some other reason you defend the laguz?

Zihark
I don't follow you.

Ike
You see, I was born in Gallia, or so I've been told. I just wondered if you had a similar reason guiding you.

Zihark
...Of course I have my reasons. Would you be upset if I didn't want to discuss them?
My reasons are...extremely personal.

From his Muarim Support:

Spoiler

Zihark: Oh… I didn’t know that. Sorry. An old girlfriend of mine loved the scent of it. I guess I just assumed that all laguz liked the smell as much as she did.
Muarim: You…were involved with a laguz?
Zihark: Yeah.
Muarim: That is very uncommon. I’ve heard stories of love affairs between beorc and laguz. It must have been difficult. I do not imagine either society would have accepted it with ease.
Zihark: It…was too much for her. We couldn’t be married, and the pressure was too much for her to stay with me. But I’ve never loved another woman. To this day, I think that I never shall.

And a little favorite of mine:

Spoiler

Zihark vs Izuka

Zihark: Izuka the Cruel… You are the author of this atrocity against nature? What gives you the right to perform your vile works on the laguz!
Izuka: The sub-humans are perfect subjects! What could be wrong with using them?
Zihark: …She always told me not to let anger and hatred get the best of me, not the let them guide my blade… This will be my only exception.

And to speak of his general personality for a moment, Zihark is a Navarre who lacks for the constant secretive edge. From the above you can see he is somewhat willing to exchange information about himself and his past. And overall when you read the rest, he is a likable ordinary guy, no gruff. 

32 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

35% is slightly above average, though there are a lot of weird growths in that game. His defence is similar to Mia (lv 5, 12 base, 35% growth compared to lv 7, 13 base, 40% growth), who got 28 defence in Heroes, so I could see him with mid 20s.

I finally finished  what I was doing. Now, with the new merge changes to be introduced in February, I decided to check every single unit in my barrack, of any rarity. I gave them a Heart Icon to identify the unit boon (Atk, HP, Def, Spd, Res or Neutral), because after the update merged units will not have banes. All the others units that didn't have good boons, I transformed in Combat Manuals. Some of them, which I have too much copies as Combat Manuals (like Eirika, which I have 15 copies, or Male Corrin and his 17 copies), I will exchange them for feathers

I had 470 units on my Barracks, and now I have 267. It took some time, but it was worth it!

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I am finally back from vacation (well, I've been back for a day, but spent most of yesterday away from my computer) visiting family where I left my laptop's charging cable at home and therefore didn't have a computer for a week and a half and I just wanted to post that I'm starting to get sick of overlapping events.

And it doesn't help that Grand Conquest, which just finished a few days ago, is easily my least favorite event type in the game.

54 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I am finally back from vacation (well, I've been back for a day, but spent most of yesterday away from my computer) visiting family where I left my laptop's charging cable at home and therefore didn't have a computer for a week and a half and I just wanted to post that I'm starting to get sick of overlapping events.

And it doesn't help that Grand Conquest, which just finished a few days ago, is easily my least favorite event type in the game.

I know that feeling. I decided to collect the orbs/coins/stones from the VG quests and that's it. 

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

You could’ve did what I did: barely even bother with it at all and just finish at like Tier 9 because of being no longer able to force yourself to grind that mode. It was actually quite liberating.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

You could’ve did what I did: barely even bother with it at all and just finish at like Tier 9 because of being no longer able to force yourself to grind that mode. It was actually quite liberating.

I'm not passing up limited resources, though.

On the other hand, logging in twice a day to do Grand Conquests did allow me to auto-battle my way to Tier 25 with several stamina restores left over at the end (even after missing a few stamina restores from quests).

But it's still my least favorite event type.

They should just make rocks and coins farmable. It would make stamina potions less meaningless.

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not passing up limited resources, though.

I can when they become far more trouble than they’re worth. I suppose it helps that I feel content with the seal upgrades and weapon refinements I have at this point. That, and my declining patience with this game’s more grindy aspects.

And yeah, they could seriously earn back some good will if they actually make coins and stones regularly accessible.

I've gotten to Tier 25 in the past few Grand Conquests purely on auto-battle.

I've had the most success with armors and cavalry, so I dump all my lances during the rounds when those get buffs, in favorable maps.

Edit: Okay, rereading, that's pretty much exactly what you said you did too.

Edited by Othin

Part of me wishes that if Gunter or Jagen somehow win a first or second place spot in a CYL that they still have veteran BST. It'd be even better if they were the designated skill fodder even if they won first place. May the world burn ever so brighter. :p

Hmm, not sure what to think about this week's Tactics Drill.

It was definitely easy, but I can't tell if it's well designed or not. (I'm pretty sure I either got lucky deciding my first moves or the map was even easier than it looked.) It was nice that the hint was actually useful, though. (Assuming you're like me and don't bother checking skills that often.)

Edit: The Skill Studies was actually harder than the GM, LUL. I'm really not used to playing with/against boost skills, since they're so bad nobody runs them.

Edited by DehNutCase

2 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

boost skills, since they're so bad nobody runs them.

I think they need to boost two stats at once and have some form of HP recovery. Mystic Boost by itself is nowhere near enough to offset the counter attack damage in my opinion so it is not reliable, and Renewal takes a bit too long for my taste.