Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

New heroes, not New Heroes, are what the game needs.

Intelligent Systems probably knows that sentiment already. If they were competent enough to do something about it by now, they would have done so, but they are not that competent. They like to take their sweet time implementing changes, and there is very little we can do about it. Maybe players can try to publicly call out on Nintendo's bullshit and excuses on their social media and cause panic among its shareholders or something, but that takes lots of manpower and coordination among the fandom. Even if shareholders did take notice at how poorly Nintendo is handling its mobile business, as long as profits continue to come pouring in, they might not even care the business is handling feedback poorly.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 hours ago, Zeo said:

AAAaaaand I pulled a Zelgius.

Wrong RD character.... +SPD/-DEF. What a waste.

Ouch, sorry about that. Is he new at least?

He is like a +RES/+SPD/+ATK/-HP BK. 

3 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Really unhappy when I saw the Event Calendar. Does this mean again we're waiting over a month for more story? 

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. I have minimal hope that they will bring a small story snipped for the mythic hero if he/she is an OC. 

5 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Really unhappy when I saw the Event Calendar. Does this mean again we're waiting over a month for more story? 

The existence of Valentine's Day is no secret to anyone, though.

EDIT: Oh... there are two of them on the calendar. Lunar New Year, then?

Edited by Ice Dragon

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The existence of Valentine's Day is no secret to anyone, though.

EDIT: Oh... there are two of them on the calendar. Lunar New Year, then?

Yeah, it's the two back to back that grates on me. Hopefully they have an interesting theme, at least... and maybe ease up on the seasonal guy hate, but I don't have much hope there...

So the next promised banner is in March, what can be our expectations after CYL2? (green improved since CYL1, red dropped back a lot)

Rank Character Votes
151 Idunn 1,697
159 Rutger 1,561
230 Lugh 1,038
239 Dieck 980
265 Gonzalez 857
276 Lot 802
286 Sue 766
307 Perceval 696
319 Echidna 670
321 Wolt 654
330 Melady 618
350 Thite 537
398 Brunnya 444
417 Guinivere 407
438 Hugh 337
457 Igrene 296
470 Noah 276
491 Galle 255
510 Geese 232
517 Dorothy 222
519 Chad 219
523 Larum 218
528 Saul 213
539 Lance 198
543 Niime 197
544 Cath 194
564 Merlinus 164
571 Zeiss 159
574 Sin 156
576 Murdock 155
587 Marcus 143
589 Alen 141
592 Elffin 140
610 Bors 123
626 Ogier 111
633 Elen 104
644 Trec 95
652 Douglas 93
689 Jahn 68
690 Juno 65
713 Barthe 54
715 Astolfo 53
744 Garret 40
749 Wade 38
765 Zelot 34
773 Yoder 30
781 Dayan 27
Edited by Garlyle

1 hour ago, Garlyle said:

So the next promised banner is in March, what can be our expectations after CYL2? (green improved since CYL1, red dropped back a lot)

Rank Character Votes
151 Idunn 1,697
159 Rutger 1,561
230 Lugh 1,038
239 Dieck 980
265 Gonzalez 857
276 Lot 802
286 Sue 766
307 Perceval 696
319 Echidna 670
321 Wolt 654
330 Melady 618
350 Thite 537
398 Brunnya 444
417 Guinivere 407
438 Hugh 337
457 Igrene 296
470 Noah 276
491 Galle 255
510 Geese 232
517 Dorothy 222
519 Chad 219
523 Larum 218
528 Saul 213
539 Lance 198
543 Niime 197
544 Cath 194
564 Merlinus 164
571 Zeiss 159
574 Sin 156
576 Murdock 155
587 Marcus 143
589 Alen 141
592 Elffin 140
610 Bors 123
626 Ogier 111
633 Elen 104
644 Trec 95
652 Douglas 93
689 Jahn 68
690 Juno 65
713 Barthe 54
715 Astolfo 53
744 Garret 40
749 Wade 38
765 Zelot 34
773 Yoder 30
781 Dayan 27

Idunn seems like a safe bet. Could be the GHB, but they might just put her on the banner.

Rutger is probably on the banner. Sue could also be a good candidate, if they want to finally add another bow cavalry.

So Null C Disrupt on them lets Firesweep usable in Enemy Phase and still prevent counterattacks in Player Phase~ Interesting~

On the Seasonal topic, they're my favorite Banners so I won't complain about more of them~ Just curious to see the themes they'll be~ Valentine's is surely one of them and I assumed the other was Spring, but it's too early~ So Lunar New Year would be really nice~

6 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

So Null C Disrupt on them lets Firesweep usable in Enemy Phase and still prevent counterattacks in Player Phase~ Interesting~

On the Seasonal topic, they're my favorite Banners so I won't complain about more of them~ Just curious to see the themes they'll be~ Valentine's is surely one of them and I assumed the other was Spring, but it's too early~ So Lunar New Year would be really nice~

wait wut lol that B-Skill makes Firesweep Infantry users kinda... fucking amazing! (I mean firesweep weapon users were allready amazing playerphase units).

6 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Oh, the English description is less clear than the Japanese description. I guess I should stop being surprised seeing that these findings are newsworthy since the localization team doesn't know how to do technical writing.

In Japanese, the description is

戦闘中、自分が受けている反撃不可を無効

which translates literally as

During combat, "unable to counterattack" effects received by this unit are nullified.

The fact that it allows a Firesweep + Null C-Disrupt unit to counterattack but still prevents the opponent from counterattacking follows the Japanese wording to the letter. This means that the effect of Flash(+), Candlelight(+), and Fear Charm should also be negated since Null C-Disrupt does not explicitly mention that it must be a skill effect.

As a side note, Null Follow-Up behaves the same way. It's just currently impossible to equip both Null Follow-Up and the skills that it negates the penalty of (Wary Fighter, Windsweep, Watersweep) at the same time. I suppose someone could test Null Follow-Up to see if it negates the automatic follow-up from the Grand Conquest cavalry map buff (which I believe is the only non-skill effect that grants an automatic follow-up), but my guess is that Null Follow-Up will negate that effect, too.

And now I wait for Naesala's GHB to go live so Leanne and Naesala can be together. Also, all the Laguz units, Leanne, Nailah, and Tibarn, I've summoned are -Def. Nailah probably won out by being +Spd. Guess who else showed up as +Spd? Quan who is -Res. After the game denied me so many blue orbs, he showed up and the final ticket summoning session netted me Leanne and Nailah. Quan can be deceptively fast with his default kit and especially if you give him Darting Stance 3 seal.

Edited by Kaden

40 minutes ago, Hilda said:

wait wut lol that B-Skill makes Firesweep Infantry users kinda... fucking amazing! (I mean firesweep weapon users were allready amazing playerphase units).

Now if I ever get a Naliah, I have a reason to actually use a Firesweep Weapon~

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh, the English description is less clear than the Japanese description. I guess I should stop being surprised seeing that these findings are newsworthy since the localization team doesn't know how to do technical writing.

In Japanese, the description is

戦闘中、自分が受けている反撃不可を無効

which translates literally as

During combat, "unable to counterattack" effects received by this unit are nullified.

The fact that it allows a Firesweep + Null C-Disrupt unit to counterattack but still prevents the opponent from counterattacking follows the Japanese wording to the letter. This means that the effect of Flash(+), Candlelight(+), and Fear Charm should also be negated since Null C-Disrupt does not explicitly mention that it must be a skill effect.

As a side note, Null Follow-Up behaves the same way. It's just currently impossible to equip both Null Follow-Up and the skills that it negates the penalty of (Wary Fighter, Windsweep, Watersweep) at the same time. I suppose someone could test Null Follow-Up to see if it negates the automatic follow-up from the Grand Conquest cavalry map buff (which I believe is the only non-skill effect that grants an automatic follow-up), but my guess is that Null Follow-Up will negate that effect, too.

That wording does make it more clear that it's only effects received by the unit, makes sense~

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Doesn't C-Disrupt also negate 'status' to begin with? Meaning Flash, Candlelight, and Fear are already covered. (Like Gravity, Panic, and whatnot.)

Unless I have no idea what 'status' means.

Why can't they just increase up the number of banners at once? The more there are the greater the Orb pressure is, the greater the urge to buy becomes. With enough artists and VAs available, they shouldn't have bottleneck/overworking issues.

It'd let them appease multiple audiences at once. The cetacea who want the same old girls in silly outfits could have their stuff. And those who wish to more seriously treat the game as Fire Emblem: All the Heroes, but who may not spend as much if not anything. An endless parade like a graduation, of heroes big and small, male and female, aligned in orderly lines, marching with a sense of quiet pride into a grand auditorium, a theatre, set to the sounding of the Fire Emblem Theme (in the Genealogy rendition). Where hath this gone? 

14 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Doesn't C-Disrupt also negate 'status' to begin with? Meaning Flash, Candlelight, and Fear are already covered. (Like Gravity, Panic, and whatnot.)

Unless I have no idea what 'status' means.

So it does in the English description. Okay.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why can't they just increase up the number of banners at once? The more there are the greater the Orb pressure is, the greater the urge to buy becomes. With enough artists and VAs available, they shouldn't have bottleneck/overworking issues.

1. Because it costs more money per unit time to produce more content per unit time.
  2. Because customers have budgets and making customers pick between two things to spend money on means they spend less money than if you spread out the things to make sure that your customers have money when each thing is released.

24 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

So it does in the English description. Okay.

Oh I actually misread it.

It thought it was "Neutralize Status Effects" and "Neutralize Skills that negate countering." But it was actually "Neutralize Status that negate countering" and "Neutralize Skills that negate countering." That makes it a lot more niche rather than having 1 niche and 1 really broad, but good in general effect. (Negating Panic would've been amazing, but I guess it doesn't actually do that.)

Off-topic Edit:

Oh, hey, Tibarn & Co. can inherit Galeforce. R.i.p. Cordelia. (Also, fuck the localization wording on the +1 move from transformation. It's 'if unit is transformed', +1 move, not just for the first turn after transforming.)

Edited by DehNutCase

32 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

(Also, fuck the localization wording on the +1 move from transformation. It's 'if unit is transformed', +1 move, not just for the first turn after transforming.)

I don't see what's wrong with the wording. It doesn't say anything about only having +1 movement on the first turn (unless you're talking about another language that isn't English or I'm misunderstanding something).

57 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I don't see what's wrong with the wording. It doesn't say anything about only having +1 movement on the first turn (unless you're talking about another language that isn't English or I'm misunderstanding something).

'If unit transforms' is different from 'if unit is transformed.' The former implies you only get the effect during the human -> laguz form turn (edit: and the laguz -> human turn. Double Edit: Since laguz -> human is specifically 'reverting' I do give this part a pass, though.), the latter is all times while transformed.

Transforms is a verb, something you do, whereas is transformed is an adjective, something you are. The turn you transform is singular, the turns you are transformed can be plural.

e.x. if Tibarn is next to only beasts/dragons and was hawk at the start of turn, he doesn't turn human then hawk again, (he doesn't do the action of transforming), but he is a hawk, (he remains in the state of being transformed).

Edited by DehNutCase

26 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

'If unit transforms' is different from 'if unit is transformed.' The former implies you only get the effect during the human -> laguz form turn (edit: and the laguz -> human turn), the latter is all times while transformed.

Transforms is a verb, something you do, whereas is transformed is an adjective, something you are. The turn you transform is singular, the turns you are transformed can be plural.

e.x. if Tibarn is next to only beasts/dragons and was hawk at the start of turn, he doesn't turn human then hawk again, (he doesn't do the action of transforming), but he is a hawk, (he remains in the state of being transformed).

The beast unit transformation isn't contingent on being untransformed.  It checks the unit's positioning at the start of every turn: if the condition is met, the unit transforms into beast form, if it failed, the unit reverts to humanoid form.  This happens regardless of whether the unit is currently transformed or not (though the animation doesn't play if they are transformed).  They didn't put a conditional on the transformation that states it only happens when the unit is not transformed, only on the animation.

The wording is consistent with the behavior of the effect (where 'transform' is shorthand for the condition being met), it just isn't necessarily intuitive in English.  The +Mov/+Mt, or +Bushido/+Mt effects of transformation are really more additional effects the units gain if they meet the transformation condition at the start of the turn rather than being dependent on the transformation animation playing at the start of the turn.  That is different from it being on all the time when they are transformed, though not really relevant given that we don't have buff cleansing.

Though in my case, this is how I assumed it worked from the start after just reading the descriptions, so maybe I'm just weird.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

8 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Though in my case, this is how I assumed it worked from the start after just reading the descriptions, so maybe I'm just weird.

It's how the effect should work, but it's not what the English says how the effect works. English is very ambiguous as a language, so a lot of care has to be taken to make sure what's written is unambiguous and actually means what you want it to mean.

Take the sentence "Neutralize status effects and disables skills that prevent counterattacks during combat," for example, the sentence can mean 2 completely different things:

"Neutralize status effects that prevent counterattacks" + "Disable skills that prevent counterattacks". (What the skill is, if I had to guess.)

or

"Neutralize status effects" + "Disable skills that prevent counterattacks".

The former negates flash + candlelight, but the latter negates panic, gravity, etc. as well. Both of these interpretations are acceptable by the English, so it's better to explicitly say "Neutralize status effects that prevent counterattacks and disables skills that prevent counterattacks during combat" in order to avoid the ambiguity. Rules text is not a place you get away with being ambiguous.

Similarly, rules text is not a place you get away with hoping your reader 'gets it.' Transforms and transformed are very similar words, but the difference between a verb and a adjective means that a strict interpretation would give the reader the completely wrong idea of how the skill works.

Having to test skills just to see what they do DEFEATS THE WHOLE POINT OF RULES TEXT.

Edited by DehNutCase

Random observation from a greenhorn whose only gatcha ever played was Dragalia Lost (dropped it after like two months because it got too boring with the grind). DL when I examined a banner, listed not only the rates per * rarity, but also that of each and every individual unit. Even if the majority of values listed were the same since nearly all units obviously are going to be affected the same since only a couple get the rate up boost.

So if I wanted Lowen (no relation to FE's beside a green hair), I could see he had an 0.04% (making up the number here) chance, which when added with all the other 4* Characters and their chances, equalled the displayed 4* Character in general chance. They even had a separate breakdown per unit for every tenth pull on a Tenfold Summon, which is guaranteed to be of at least 4* rarity.

Why doesn't FEH do this? IS afraid it'd make scare people or make them realize "maybe I shouldn't play this game with these awfully low rates"? DL has a cast of OCs nobody loves going in, and with much of its summon pool taken up by the filler equips called Wyrmprints, which one remembers most as terrible pity breakers. One could argue it has more reason to obscure the individual rates from the player than FEH.

-Unless FEH has a such an individual breakdown feature and I just don't see it. But then why do I see people ask about their exact chances of getting X every so often here? I'd think an individual unit breakdown might be something IS would want to do, for legal transparency at least. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer