Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

20 hours ago, Tree said:

The way Heroic Ordeals determines the number of flowers is downright nasty. :P:

Edit: It's just a game, so added smiley to remove seriousness.

How does it determine? You mean the number you get right? 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

According to patch notes you get more flowers if the trial you do is from a newer hero.

(Which is pretty annoying for min-maxers since they'll be rushing to do their entire box, excluding those so old that they're at the minimum already.)

I don't have a lot of units I like so I can just chill and not give a damn that I'm missing flowers, though.

15 hours ago, Zeo said:

How do you think I feel? He'll probably get one before Matthew. Best of luck to us both.

Fair point, we've both been waiting quite awhile. But who knows, Matthew might get one first or Frederick might. Or they could both get one at the same time! Never know. But yeah, best of luck to us both!

1 hour ago, RexBolt said:

It appears that heroes from newer books earn more flowers. That's not necessarily an issue in itself, it's just that there is a disparity. The flowers associated with heroes shown in the channel had the following quantities:

Book III hero - 40 flowers
Book II hero  - 8 flowers
Book I hero - 2 flowers

It takes around 600 total flowers to add five stat points to a single hero (with the final stat requiring 200 flowers). Current infantry can add ten total points. It will cost more than 600 flowers most likley, but the flowers cost increases are lowered - the exact amount is not known.

You know, it doesn't seem right that not a single one of the Legendary Wind Heroes is a Flier.  You'd think that most, if not all of them would be.

22 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You know, it doesn't seem right that not a single one of the Legendary Wind Heroes is a Flier.  You'd think that most, if not all of them would be.

and since we only have Earth and Fire slots left, we won't see any for, maybe, four months at the least. That's if they decide to do a cycle refresh.

2 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

and since we only have Earth and Fire slots left, we won't see any for, maybe, four months at the least. That's if they decide to do a cycle refresh.

If they plan to just do more alt-fest for Legendaries, I'd rather they just focus on the Mythics, since they seem to be new characters, at least.

I was hoping that gold orbs would be used for something special, but it looks like they are just there to hide the orb colors. They're only doing this on the free summon portion, but it's still a bad sign. Also, it appears that the search and vote minigame isn't in the app, but rather on the website. That lowers the chance of getting larger, scrollable maps in the game...

42 minutes ago, Tree said:

I was hoping that gold orbs would be used for something special, but it looks like they are just there to hide the orb colors. They're only doing this on the free summon portion, but it's still a bad sign. Also, it appears that the search and vote minigame isn't in the app, but rather on the website. That lowers the chance of getting larger, scrollable maps in the game...

There is a tiny chance that they might have an oversight and have the colors remain in the same position for everyone, like blue always on top, red on left, etc. and it is just that they all look gold.

Edited by XRay

@Ice Dragon I don't know if you saw my edit, but there's actually a way to run the level 1 team 'normally.' I forgot supports got hilariously strong these days, so there's actually no need to stall.

The reason is that 6 points of fury damage puts you into Vantage range as long as you have <= 24 max hp. Which no level 40 unit has, but we're using level 1s. (Well, level 1+1 for Sanaki and Azura, they have to get their SP somewhere, and they're 5* exclusives.)

Sanaki has 16 hp level 1, 17 level 1+1, and 22 level 1 +1 with summoner support.

The team is: Edit:[Flying] Sanaki, Legendary Azura, Regular Camilla x 2. Each Camilla packs goad flier + prf, which is +7 Atk each. Legendary Azura runs Hone Atk 4, which is +35 Atk (7 + 4* 7). And you get another +3 from a Drive Atk seal on one of the three. Sanaki herself has: 12 (Base + Atk Boon + merge) + 13 (-blade) + 2 (Summoner Support) + 3 (Fury 3) + 7 (Brazen Atk/Whatever) + 0/7 (Savage Blow Splash Damage) + 1 or 2 (Ally Support) .

Which makes it a nice and easy 2 * 7 + 35 + 3 + 12 + 13 + 2 + 3 + 7 +1 = 90 Atk before factoring in Savage Blow. And since you have Vantage after the first combat the only units that can reliably threaten your all flier team get hosed. Edit: You only get 83 Atk first combat, though. No Brazen.

The team folds like a paper napkin against Dull Ranged, though.

Edited by DehNutCase

24 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Which makes it a nice and easy 2 * 7 + 35 + 3 + 12 + 13 + 2 + 3 + 7 +1 = 90 Atk before factoring in Savage Blow.

If I'm not mistaken, that 7 is Savage Blow damage.

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

The team folds like a paper napkin against Dull Ranged, though.

And Halloween Myrrh, Winter Tharja (granted, not 1 range), and Zephiel.

Myrrh needs to be hit by Savage Blow three times to one-hit kill, Tharja needs to be hit three times, and Zephiel needs to be hit four times (five times if Sanaki initiates). Assuming +10 merge, boon in a stat other than HP or Res (except Zephiel, who is neutral), no buffs, and no skills other than their weapons and Distant Counter for the two melees.

Heck, even Zelgius and his "shit" magic bulk needs to be hit twice with Savage Blow before he can be killed.

Switching to a different color Litrblade still gets you hosed by the bulkiest of the bulky when you're at weapon triangle disadvantage.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If I'm not mistaken, that 7 is Savage Blow damage.

That 7 is from Brazen, but yeah my edit says it's only 83 first combat. (If first combat is important you'd have to go something like DB4 Atk/Whatever Bond, but Fury 3 is too important to cover the higher threat range teams.)

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

And Halloween Myrrh, Winter Tharja (granted, not 1 range), and Zephiel.

Myrrh needs to be hit by Savage Blow three times to one-hit kill, Tharja needs to be hit three times, and Zephiel needs to be hit four times (five times if Sanaki initiates). Assuming +10 merge, boon in a stat other than HP or Res (except Zephiel, who is neutral), no buffs, and no skills other than their weapons and Distant Counter for the two melees.

Heck, even Zelgius and his "shit" magic bulk needs to be hit twice with Savage Blow before he can be killed.

Switching to a different color Litrblade still gets you hosed by the bulkiest of the bulky when you're at weapon triangle disadvantage.

Yeah, certain team comps will give the -blade team trouble. But I think the ones that give it the most consistent trouble are also the ones that give the least trouble to the pain staff variant, and vice versa.

Too bad the strategy doesn't work in AR since it depends on having turns*, and doesn't work in Arena Assault since it uses multiple Camilla, because otherwise the two game-plans make pretty good use of the team-slot resource.

Edit: *Mind, the -blade strategy doesn't. But its partner does so you can't really get perfect coverage.

Edited by DehNutCase

17 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Yeah, certain team comps will give the -blade team trouble. But I think the ones that give it the most consistent trouble are also the ones that give the least trouble to the pain staff variant, and vice versa.

Zephiel is not a team composition.

And that's not even addressing the fact that it's technically even irrelevant to your base claim that enough mobility is always enough to beat raw stats since your Sanaki example is a clear case of stacking stats and not mobility.

But either way, I think I've hit enough counterpoints for "don't use hyperbole unless you have a good reason to". No amount of mobility on its own can beat out sheer stats unless you're specifically in a situation where you can stall enough turns.

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

But either way, I think I've hit enough counterpoints for "don't use hyperbole unless you have a good reason to". No amount of mobility on its own can beat out sheer stats unless you're specifically in a situation where you can stall enough turns.

Um, my original claim had the caveat 'if I have enough of an mobility advantage.' If the enemy team can hunt me down at all, regardless of the map, obviously I didn't have that mobility advantage.

Edit: It's why I favor braves over firesweeps, and why I use Galeforce, after all. If the other guy has enough mobility / positioning you're going to have to fight them head on.

Double Edit:

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

And that's not even addressing the fact that it's technically even irrelevant to your base claim that enough mobility is always enough to beat raw stats since your Sanaki example is a clear case of stacking stats and not mobility.

Mind, Sanaki being a flying tome is pretty important. I'm not sure ranged armors/infantry can consistently enough get the first hit + avoid melee hits. And Laevatein... doesn't work, I think.

Edited by DehNutCase

Yes! Just when I +9’ed my Niles they announced that he’ll get a personal weapon! :D

If I ever pull another Loki (mine is +Atk if I’m not wrong), Niles can become part of my Arena Core again. He could run a Chill and double ploy (actually 44 res, 41 after changing to his prf) to be a great cheerleader. 

My question is, is 41 Res enough to ploy everyting in T20?

I like the idea of the flowers, but I won't be able to get much since literally all of my units are book 1 units. I think only 10% of my units are book 2 and I only have 1 book three which is naesala. I'm hoping I can upgrade my units since I have so many and I keep forgetting to merge/ send home units.

Edited by TheWildestCat

1 hour ago, Javi Blizz said:

My question is, is 41 Res enough to ploy everyting in T20?

Hm... unless you are facing Winter Fae or a armored unit with Fortress Def/Res 3 or Res refinement, I believe 41 Res is good enough.

The unit with the higher Res is Winter Fae, with 41 Res. In 2nd is Flora, with 38 (but she is rare in T20-T21 Arena, if not nonexistent), and in 3rd are Halloween Henry, Winter Cecilia and Winter Tharja, wth 36. What you can do is wait to see what is the special refinement Niles will get in his weapon. If it's not worthy, you can go with a Res refinement to get back to 44 Res.

Hey guys, help me a little bit here.

Considering that there's a high chance that L!Azura ends up on the top4 of Find a Hero and the 5* that you pull is left to luck alone, would it be worth it to spend orbs sniping on blue to go after L!Azura or I would get a better deal pulling on March's Mythic banner (I should also mention that I want L!Lucina, that also comes in March's banner)? 

I should have something close to 200 orbs when the Find a Hero banner comes and then I'll save orbs till March. I could either spend ~200 orbs on FaH for L!Azura and then save the rest for March or save it all for March to get as many L!Azuras and L!Lucinas I can. 

Which one should be more profitable?

6 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Considering that there's a high chance that L!Azura ends up on the top4 of Find a Hero and the 5* that you pull is left to luck alone, would it be worth it to spend orbs sniping on blue to go after L!Azura or I would get a better deal pulling on March's Mythic banner (I should also mention that I want L!Lucina, that also comes in March's banner)? 

I should have something close to 200 orbs when the Find a Hero banner comes and then I'll save orbs till March. I could either spend ~200 orbs on FaH for L!Azura and then save the rest for March or save it all for March to get as many L!Azuras and L!Lucinas I can. 

I would say, assuming that she wins, you have a better chance getting her on that Banner than the Mythic Banner since she won't be being cockblocked by two other units.

However, seeing as you also want L!Lucina, I would find it better for you to save Orbs for March since you at least want other units from that Banner and have a bit of a better chance of getting them~ If anything, I wouldn't throw too many Orbs at the FaH Banner~

11 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Azura has a slightly higher rate of appearing here than on the mythic banner, but if you're planning on pulling blue on the March banner, you've got a 50% chance of getting Azura before you get Lucina anyway. So if you don't get her as your free pull, I don't think it's worth going for her here.

According to my (rough) calculations, it takes about 189 orbs on average to snipe a blue focus unit from a 4-character banner with no color sharing, about 215 to snipe a specific blue unit from a legendary banner, and about 107 to snipe one of two desired blue units from a legendary banner. So the way I see it, if you go for Azura now, you're paying 189 orbs now and 215 later, for a total of 404. If you wait for later on both, you pay 107 for the first one and 215 for the second one, for a total of 322. So waiting looks a lot better on average to me.

I'm in a similar situation. I want to get at least one between here and the March banner, maybe both if it seems worth going for, and I'm planning on waiting.