Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

10 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Did they change the end day for arena again? I just tried to get my rewards, but it keeps saying that there is one more day in the season.  

This season ends on Wednesday presumably due to the update causing major changes for Aether Raids.  Likewise, the following season will be shorter, ending on Monday as usual.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

12 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

This season ends on Wednesday presumably due to the update causing major changes for Aether Raids.  Likewise, the following season will be shorter, ending on Monday as usual.

Thanks I missed that.  I was hoping to use those orbs at another shot at L!Tiki but now I can't.  

22 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

You can do Pair Up Quests

With One Hero

I don't think they thought this through. Plus it would have been a fun set of quests if they stipulated that you needed to have ally support on the two Heroes.

I'm guessing they said it in terms of if one of your two die you can still complete the quest with the other one

21 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

You can do Pair Up Quests

With One Hero

I don't think they thought this through. Plus it would have been a fun set of quests if they stipulated that you needed to have ally support on the two Heroes.

Oh no, they definitely thought it through. And decided that no, they did not in fact give enough shits about a bunch of low key freebie quests to take another 5 minutes to code them 'properly' rather than just slapping "<= 2" in the standard template somewhere and calling it a day.

And ally support only grows if you fight level 35 or higher enemies, it wouldn't have been appropriate.

If we are really getting Fallen Heroes 2 after Valentine's Day banner then that'd mean that IS was telling us we were only getting RD and BiB as the 2 new heroes banners without alts next in the near future when it was announced.

If it's really Fallen Heroes after Valentine's then it's quite likely there are no demotes?

Edited by redlight

On 2/4/2019 at 12:26 AM, DehNutCase said:

I don't know if you saw my edit, but there's actually a way to run the level 1 team 'normally.' I forgot supports got hilariously strong these days, so there's actually no need to stall.

The reason is that 6 points of fury damage puts you into Vantage range as long as you have <= 24 max hp. Which no level 40 unit has, but we're using level 1s. (Well, level 1+1 for Sanaki and Azura, they have to get their SP somewhere, and they're 5* exclusives.)

Sanaki has 16 hp level 1, 17 level 1+1, and 22 level 1 +1 with summoner support.

The team is: Sanaki, Legendary Azura, Regular Camilla x 2. Each Camilla packs goad flier + prf, which is +7 Atk each. Legendary Azura runs Hone Atk 4, which is +35 Atk (7 + 4* 7). And you get another +3 from a Drive Atk seal on one of the three. Sanaki herself has: 12 (Base + Atk Boon + merge) + 13 (-blade) + 2 (Summoner Support) + 3 (Fury 3) + 7 (Brazen Atk/Whatever) + 0/7 (Savage Blow Splash Damage) + 1 or 2 (Ally Support) .

Which makes it a nice and easy 2 * 7 + 35 + 3 + 12 + 13 + 2 + 3 + 7 +1 = 90 Atk before factoring in Savage Blow. And since you have Vantage after the first combat the only units that can reliably threaten your all flier team get hosed.

Looks beautiful to see written down a way to 0 growths even this game. When it finally dies, I hope hacking it in full would become possible.

1 hour ago, redlight said:

If we are really getting Fallen Heroes 2 after Valentine's Day banner then that'd mean that IS was telling us we were only getting RD and BiB as the 2 new heroes banners without alts next in the near future when it was announced.

If it's really Fallen Heroes after Valentine's then it's quite likely there are no demotes?

Any evidence of this? We don't need an FH2. Who would they include? -Whoever they could think of should be saved for GHBs/MHs. And if there is to be one, I'll call Brainwashed Ninian now, since Celica wasn't enough.

38 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Looks beautiful to see written down a way to 0 growths even this game. When it finally dies, I hope hacking it in full would become possible.

Any evidence of this? We don't need an FH2. Who would they include? -Whoever they could think of should be saved for GHBs/MHs. And if there is to be one, I'll call Brainwashed Ninian now, since Celica wasn't enough.

Some banners seem to run at the same time as last year's. CYL and Farfetched. Maybe CYL is iffy, but I find it weird how they went on to release Farfetched around a similar time the next year.
I'm personally thinking of Berkut, Lyon and Greil. As for the GHB, Mareeta?

23 minutes ago, redlight said:

I'm personally thinking of Berkut, Lyon and Greil. As for the GHB, Mareeta?

Greil would be for a Tellius lover like me would be a slap in the face to see him added only in Berserk form. Brainwashed Darkness (Shadow?) Sword Mareeta would be a full on Skill Link Cinccino Tail Slap, with a King's Rock equipped so I could be flinched and smacked with another five hits. Thracia deserves better than this!

So the present calendar is about to run out. I'm worried about the next calendar, there should be at least one New Heroes on it. But regardless of whether we'd get an FH2, I'm concerned there will not be another NH, and instead we'll be thrown another Specials Heroes: Spring of Special Bunnies So Prolific They're Eating All the Grass the Fine New Cattle Need to Live. And then even if we get another NH on the calendar afterwards, the Bridezillas have to show up sometime. I'm just worried that they'll be headed in the direction of a 2 to 1 Special to New ratio for this year. And that is the opposite of what it should be.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So the present calendar is about to run out. I'm worried about the next calendar, there should be at least one New Heroes on it. But regardless of whether we'd get an FH2, I'm concerned there will not be another NH, and instead we'll be thrown another Specials Heroes: Spring of Special Bunnies So Prolific They're Eating All the Grass the Fine New Cattle Need to Live. And then even if we get another NH on the calendar afterwards, the Bridezillas have to show up sometime. I'm just worried that they'll be headed in the direction of a 2 to 1 Special to New ratio for this year. And that is the opposite of what it should be.

Easter is April 21. We're still a month and a half away from that. Brides are in June. That's four months away.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Easter is April 21. We're still a month and a half away from that. Brides are in June. That's four months away.

If they were to do additional Easter and Bride banners, they'll probably be the early April and June banners following the usual ones, rather than something earlier.

I hope it doesn't come to that at all, of course. Those banner types are already played out.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

If they were to do additional Easter and Bride banners, they'll probably be the early April and June banners following the usual ones, rather than something earlier.

I hope it doesn't come to that at all, of course. Those banner types are already played out.

I see no reason to do multiple banners for any seasonal theme other than summer and the winter holidays since those are probably where the big money rolls in. And they already have 2 banners for summer and 3 for winter.

So far we know that there are going to be brave units, most likely a paralogue. And Valentines which is another paralogue. But we have no clue on actual new heroes. Is Nintendo pulling what they did when book 2 came out where we have to wait for months before the next chapter. We have plenty of beast units waiting to be added. That is at least seven chapters. I know they need plot dialogue but come on three paralogues and no chapters.

18 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

So far we know that there are going to be brave units, most likely a paralogue. And Valentines which is another paralogue. But we have no clue on actual new heroes. Is Nintendo pulling what they did when book 2 came out where we have to wait for months before the next chapter. We have plenty of beast units waiting to be added. That is at least seven chapters. I know they need plot dialogue but come on three paralogues and no chapters.

The Brave Heroes banner is most likely going to be in August. We should get some sort of New Heroes banner in late February with a new story chapter, although we don't know what exactly it'll be like. (Could be a normal one, or it could be something like Fallen Heroes.)

26 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I see no reason to do multiple banners for any seasonal theme other than summer and the winter holidays since those are probably where the big money rolls in. And they already have 2 banners for summer and 3 for winter.

Talking about Seasonal Units; do you think the Hostile Springs thing will became a standart?

And what do you think IS will do with the Dancer Seaonal this year?

The wait for the Hector/Matthew Bound Hero Battle banner rerun is killing me. Duma needs his Distant Counter and Goad Armor, and I've run out of vanilla Hectors.

2 hours ago, Troykv said:

Talking about Seasonal Units; do you think the Hostile Springs thing will became a standart?

Quite possibly.

2 hours ago, Troykv said:

And what do you think IS will do with the Dancer Seaonal this year?

I'm expecting another Hoshidan festival-themed banner since "characters in Japanese attire" is likely rather popular. Same reason why I think the hot springs banner theme will continue being a thing.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I could tell I'm being a little paranoid. But I guess I fear nadirs more than I hope for zeniths.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm expecting another Hoshidan festival-themed banner since "characters in Japanese attire" is likely rather popular. Same reason why I think the hot springs banner theme will continue being a thing.

Cavalry Anna. She sits in a mikoshi being held up by a group of Jakes. With a tome or festal, she unleashes the wrath of the heavens.

Wow, that kind of sucks for regular Ike and Brave Ike since vanguard Ike and Greil's Devoted Ike have Radiant Aether. Kind of makes it seem like it's not a legendary hero only thing for vanguard Ike. Greil's Devoted Ike being an armor unit doesn't help either. I wonder if they could give regular Ike and Brave Ike Radiant Aether. Granted, they wouldn't really get much out of it since vanguard Ike is basically regular Ike with higher stats and Radiant Aether being a 4 cooldown doesn't really change much for Brave Ike with his Urvan dropping it to 3 cooldown and default Steady Breath, but it's the thought that counts?

Edited by Kaden

18 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Wow, that kind of sucks for regular Ike and Brave Ike since vanguard Ike and Greil's Devoted Ike have Radiant Aether. Kind of makes it seem like it's not a legendary hero only thing for vanguard Ike. Greil's Devoted Ike being an armor unit doesn't help either. I wonder if they could give regular Ike and Brave Ike Radiant Aether. Granted, they wouldn't really get much out of it since vanguard Ike is basically regular Ike with higher stats and Radiant Aether being a 4 cooldown doesn't really change much for Brave Ike with his Urvan dropping it to 3 cooldown and default Steady Breath, but it's the thought that counts?

They probably realized Radiant Aether is a bit lackluster so it didn't have to be exclusive to Vike anymore. The next Ike should have either Occult Scroll for a 30% heal and Def reduction on Special trigger A Skill, or a Kamikiri Aether that is a 80% heal and Def reduction.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They probably realized Radiant Aether is a bit lackluster so it didn't have to be exclusive to Vike anymore. The next Ike should have either Occult Scroll for a 30% heal and Def reduction on Special trigger A Skill, or a Kamikiri Aether that is a 80% heal and Def reduction.

No they thought: who is going to pull for Ike when you have Black Knight or Zelgius that can run Black Luna and has a distant counter weapon. They had to throw him a bone otherwise who would pull for him.

Also Fury4 is very very lackluster compared to the other Tier4 skills.

Edited by Hilda

8 minutes ago, Hilda said:

No they thought: who is going to pull for Ike

Uh, how about Ike and/or Tellius fans? Not everyone's motives are based entirely on a character's viability or what they bring to the table I should know, I specifically went after summer Leo back in the day.