Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 hours ago, Stroud said:

i will have to get to know them anyway. Edelgard may be hyped, but it also depends on how well her character is made. I may go for Byleth if he/she is a better avatar though. xD At least I like the concept of them as teachers more than Robin/Corrin.

Ehh...considering it looks like we're getting thrown into the role? I hope the expound on the mercenary background more, at least enough to give us a reason why we'd be a teacher instead of a fellow student. I do like how they designed the female avatar, though. As much as I like F!Corrin, there's just something lacking in her design. I won't get started on M!Corrin. M!Robin is decent, as is M!Byleth.

If they include 3H characters on a summer banner, though, I want Summer!Dimitri, just because it looks like he'd be out of his element.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Ehh...considering it looks like we're getting thrown into the role? I hope the expound on the mercenary background more, at least enough to give us a reason why we'd be a teacher instead of a fellow student. I do like how they designed the female avatar, though. As much as I like F!Corrin, there's just something lacking in her design. I won't get started on M!Corrin. M!Robin is decent, as is M!Byleth.

If they include 3H characters on a summer banner, though, I want Summer!Dimitri, just because it looks like he'd be out of his element.

If they get more into the mercenary background I would really like that. Also would like my avatar too look more a bit like a veteran. I also think M!Byleth is a bit better, he has an expression befitting his position. Also like F!Byleth, could look a bit more strict like M!Byleth, but I like her so far. For Corrin and Robin it was a no brainer for me to choose another appearance. This time I could take them by default. I still think I will take a different setting though, but imagining them looking like that in Heroes I am totally fine with it.

The avatar being a teacher is exactly what I like more compared to an avatar who would be a fellow student. It just fits as the position of a tactician and "transfer student" settings are more common than teacher settings. I have to take back my words about Robin though, his background isn't that bad. Just Corrin is a bit flat for me.  

We may have some anime with Teachers like GTO, Hell Teacher Nube and some others. But as far as games goes I cannot come up in a few seconds that I had this already. Of course they need to give us input to why from mercenary to teacher.

16 minutes ago, Stroud said:

If they get more into the mercenary background I would really like that. Also would like my avatar too look more a bit like a veteran. I also think M!Byleth is a bit better, he has an expression befitting his position. Also like F!Byleth, could look a bit more strict like M!Byleth, but I like her so far. For Corrin and Robin it was a no brainer for me to choose another appearance. This time I could take them by default. I still think I will take a different setting though, but imagining them looking like that in Heroes I am totally fine with it.

The avatar being a teacher is exactly what I like more compared to an avatar who would be a fellow student. It just fits as the position of a tactician and "transfer student" settings are more common than teacher settings. I have to take back my words about Robin though, his background isn't that bad. Just Corrin is a bit flat for me.  

We may have some anime with Teachers like GTO, Hell Teacher Nube and some others. But as far as games goes I cannot come up in a few seconds that I had this already. Of course they need to give us input to why from mercenary to teacher.

I don't mind either Robin's default, though I would usually use the older F!Avatar. F!Corrin's default is more preferable to M!Corrin's to me.

If Byleth does come to Heroes, though, I imagine we'll first get them as a sword infantry reflecting their mercenary life. Later alts will probably be magic based around that "darkness" thing...even if we are still waiting for a "Red Robin".

I went to do my Tap Battle missions for today starting with the Hard mode mission and encountered TRUE HARD MODE. Taps on the "Tap" button simply didn't register at all, making it impossible to kill enemies (taps elsewhere on the screen worked fine, and taps on the "Tap" button before the "Start" banner appeared also worked fine).

Restarting the game fixed it.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I went to do my Tap Battle missions for today starting with the Hard mode mission and encountered TRUE HARD MODE. Taps on the "Tap" button simply didn't register at all, making it impossible to kill enemies (taps elsewhere on the screen worked fine, and taps on the "Tap" button before the "Start" banner appeared also worked fine).

Restarting the game fixed it.

This has happened to me many times. I thought it was my phone since it's getting on a bit. 

I once lost on the first level because of it >.<

12 hours ago, silverserpent said:

even if we are still waiting for a "Reeeeeeed Rob-in!".

Yum!

My apologies for referencing a commercial.

13 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Every school needs a summer vacation! -Or maybe not depending on what part of the world you live in, but every school on the globe has to offer at least some time off. And if not, hookie for a week! Or it could be a school-funded trip/vacation! Like the classic high school of mine where everyone goes to Disney.

13 hours ago, Stroud said:

But as far as games goes I cannot come up in a few seconds that I had this already.

I believe the game The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3 does something like this. The MC Rean started as a student in CS 1&2, and just a couple years later becomes the teacher to a new special crop of students.

Random question: As the game goes on, without a mass demotion, are Feathers becoming less valuable? Since if the 5* pool is whether the majority of new units are added to, it means there are relatively fewer units to promote to reach their full potential. And once everyone is sated with their "less than 5* at start" projects, all they'll be good for is making certain units into better fodder.

I'm not saying Feathers will ever become useless, only their importance as a resource are gradually declining over time. Although the introduction of Grails might have helped correct this with a boatload of new potential merge projects.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I believe the game The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3 does something like this. The MC Rean started as a student in CS 1&2, and just a couple years later becomes the teacher to a new special crop of students.

Oh that sounds nice. I will start with Trails of Cold Steel soon. I just wait for 1&2 on PS4 to appear. At least that is something. But I expect great anything from Trails. xD

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yum!

My apologies for referencing a commercial.

Every school needs a summer vacation! -Or maybe not depending on what part of the world you live in, but every school on the globe has to offer at least some time off. And if not, hookie for a week! Or it could be a school-funded trip/vacation! Like the classic high school of mine where everyone goes to Disney. 

I thought the Disney trip was a lie?

And...you're probably right. If 3H doesn't get the first summer banner (since it's in mid-July), they'll likely get the August banner. With a hopeful TMS performing arts banner in September.

It's probably been talked about already, but I've been messing around to see what the +10 merged stats for the GHB and TT units look like now with February's merge update. Aside from armors winning big because they get even more stats, Linus got a lot out of the merge update.

At 5* and without merges, Linus has 42/37/33/32/19 to neutral Raven's 41/34/35/25/22. Essentially, Linus is a +Atk, -Spd Raven where while Linus can get enough speed from unique refined Basilikos and whatever else, he will always be at least 2 speed slower than neutral Raven. So, while Linus can hit harder, Raven's offensive capabilities is arguably better because Raven can secure follow-ups that Linus misses out on.

At +10, Linus has 47/42/38/36/23 to neutral Raven's 46/39/40/29/26. So, +1 more to their HP, Atk, and Spd, their highest stats. Neutral Raven still has 2 more speed, but for most people, neutral Raven isn't something they're going to want to run, instead, they want +Atk or +Spd Raven. If +Atk Raven, then +10 Raven's stats end up being 45/41/39/29/26. Offensively, Linus trades 1 speed for 1 attack and vice versa. That 1 speed point matters, but the gap is so much closer now between Linus and a +Atk Raven instead of +Atk Raven pretty much being better by having the same attack as Linus, but also having 2 more speed. If you go for +Spd Raven to differentiate them more, Raven would have 45/38/42/29/26 at +10. In this case, they basically traded offensive spreads.

Of course, GHB and TT units will have a harder time getting merges, but for people who are having trouble getting a particular summonable unit and with some of the GHB and TT units, they're just as good of an another option if they weren't before that going for a +10 merge wouldn't be a bad idea.

Edited by Kaden

On 2/15/2019 at 1:45 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

For SoV, I'd said black sheep NES sequel status explains the absence of a Fire Emblem, just as it does the lack of the Fire Emblem Theme musically (SoV lightly added it in), and the absence of Anna.

Ehem.

Yeah, the Fire Emblem Theme is in all of them somewhere. Even BSFE.

Consider also that, at the time, the Akaneian Fire Emblem was the only Fire Emblem, so why would there be a different one in Gaiden?

Someone made a graph from data collected from reddit concerning players' thoughts on IS caring about it's F2P playerbase and I'm not shocked. Bear in mind this is from one community so it doesn't reflect the entire playerbase, but if an opinion is shared to this extent then that somewhat says something

Spoiler

DgmOlhw.jpg

7 hours ago, Seafarer said:

Yeah, the Fire Emblem Theme is in all of them somewhere. Even BSFE.

Darned, how I'd miss that? The ending was the same place they put SoV's rendition. Still, not exactly prominent, and it gives me reason to listen again to the old NES soundtrack, surprisingly kinda good, despite the NES FEs not aging so well in gameplay.

7 hours ago, Seafarer said:

Consider also that, at the time, the Akaneian Fire Emblem was the only Fire Emblem, so why would there be a different one in Gaiden?

Though why didn't they invent a new Fire Emblem? I think Kaga planned in this very early phase of FE's history to have the Gradivus and Falchion appear in all future games, why not the Fire Emblem?

And while technically, the Thracia 776 excuse works here, Thracia is single peninsula of a large continent, not like Valentia, which is an entire continent unto itself with a human history apart from Archanea's. Although @Jotari I think suggested that Valentia might not have been planned as a continent at first, more an island (in other words, it was much smaller), and Awakening messed things up.

10 hours ago, Kaden said:

At 5* and without merges, Linus has 42/37/33/32/19 to neutral Raven's 41/34/35/25/22. Essentially, Linus is a +Atk, -Spd Raven where while Linus can get enough speed from unique refined Basilikos and whatever else, he will always be at least 2 speed slower than neutral Raven. So, while Linus can hit harder, Raven's offensive capabilities is arguably better because Raven can secure follow-ups that Linus misses out on.

Nice info, still haven't trained up an Infantry Axe to 5*, and with a meh natured Raven presently, whenever Linus gets reran, I'll just use him instead unless I've a better Raven by then.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Though why didn't they invent a new Fire Emblem? I think Kaga planned in this very early phase of FE's history to have the Gradivus and Falchion appear in all future games, why not the Fire Emblem?

On the other hand, why would they have invented a new Fire Emblem? Who can say what Kaga was thinking, but I expect that, as Gaiden was a side story - hence "Gaiden" - it might have seemed necessary to exclude the titular object.

Liked this week's Tactics Drill a lot. Not just because it was 'fair' (no reinforcements), but also because even if you didn't think everything through the map guides you through the proper moves.

Only gripe with it is how the drills keep wanting you to use being low hp as a resource, which is not obvious or clear if you just look at the map. You usually have to play all the way to the end to see how much hp you'd want to lose, and that's really annoying. I found like 4 different ways to reach the end in the exact same unit placement except I lost different amounts of hp. Some insane Lunatic could look at the map and immediately determine how much hp they need to lose to clear, but I personally don't like that kind of map design. That said, the map is still one of the best Grandmasters because of how fair it is in not having reinforcements + the way it guides you through moves if you're looking at the board state carefully.

2 hours ago, Seafarer said:

On the other hand, why would they have invented a new Fire Emblem? Who can say what Kaga was thinking, but I expect that, as Gaiden was a side story - hence "Gaiden" - it might have seemed necessary to exclude the titular object.

Being a side story does not mean it is necessary to exclude the namesake, but it does mean that it is not necessary to create a new version of the namesake. Those two aren't the same thing.

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Darned, how I'd miss that? The ending was the same place they put SoV's rendition. Still, not exactly prominent, and it gives me reason to listen again to the old NES soundtrack, surprisingly kinda good, despite the NES FEs not aging so well in gameplay.

And while technically, the Thracia 776 excuse works here, Thracia is single peninsula of a large continent, not like Valentia, which is an entire continent unto itself with a human history apart from Archanea's. Although @Jotari I think suggested that Valentia might not have been planned as a continent at first, more an island (in other words, it was much smaller), and Awakening messed things up.

Nice info, still haven't trained up an Infantry Axe to 5*, and with a meh natured Raven presently, whenever Linus gets reran, I'll just use him instead unless I've a better Raven by then.

Hey ho I heard my name. Here's where my speculation is.

Not sure the full convo, but I'll also mention that Jugdral's Fire Emblem isn't even the same Fire Emblem in Japanese. It can be translated as Fire Emblem, but it uses different words to the title of the series and every other reference. We'll see how it's eventually localized if we ever get that remake. They might call it the flaming banner or something. The Fire Emblem in the early days was treated weirdly. It was probably the least noteworthy thing to name the series after in the first game, being a glorified lock pick that had no bearing on th story.

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Can't blame you since there aren't a lot of infantry axe units to choose from or that can be easily summoned. Libra is the only 4* demote as all the other summonable axes are 5* only and/or seasonal, and at launch, only Anna had a personal axe. Everyone else just had regular weapons.

If you don't mind not the unit having a personal/legendary axe, Legion would also be a good option. He already had a nutty stat spread with his 46/36/35/22/18 and he comes with Fury by default. At +10, he has 51/41/40/26/22 meaning in pure stats, Legion has a better offensive spread than Linus and Raven, but he doesn't have a personal/legendary axe and he doesn't have their raw defenses. That said, he's still pretty good and if it happens again like it did with Eldigan, Bartre, and Hinata, he could end up with a Fury refine for his axe. Legion with Fury 6 through a personal axe and his default Fury 3 would have 54/63/46/32/28. He'd bleed out like the other Fury 6 guys, but hey, more stats. Watch him get Immortal Axe as his personal axe and it having Renewal 3 or even Recover Ring as its base effect and Fury 3 as its unique refinement.

Another unit who does get a lot from the merge update is Jamke, but I didn't want to talk about him yesterday since I kind of screwed up with comparing him to Leon and forgetting that Leon comes with Speed +3 by default. Unmerged and as a 5*, Jamke has 38/36/32/29/17 which at the time kind of made him like Leon who has a stat spread of 39/34/30/30/15 if he gave up easy access to merges and boons and banes. That's still true today and probably forever, but if you decide to get Jamke to +10, he ends up being pretty damn good and not just a +Spd Leon who hit a bit harder.

At +10, Jamke has 43/41/37/33/21 to neutral Leon's 44/39/34/35/19. Previously, Jamke would have had 42/40/36/33/21 and Leon would have had 43/38/34/34/15. +Atk Leon would have 43/41/34/34/19 and +Spd Leon would have 43/38/37/34/19. Leon will end up being either slower or weaker than Jamke if he goes +Atk or +Spd, but Leon can have more physical and magical bulk if he goes for +Def or +Res. There's also Takumi. Yep, the original best archer in Heroes. At +10 now, neutral Takumi has 45/37/38/29/22, +Atk Takumi has 44/39/37/29/22, and +Spd Takumi has 44/36/40/29/22. Takumi of course comes with Close Counter and a 14 Mt, legendary bow, but he only really wins by being +Spd as +Atk Takumi matches Jamke in attack with his default Slaying Bow+.

Even before the merge update, Jamke was probably good. It's just now he gets a bit more to make him better. Jamke getting a personal bow can't happen soon enough for Jamke fans. They should totally give him a personal Slaying Bow with Hawk King Claw's effect of "If foe's HP = 100% and if unit initiates combat, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack." Slap Luna or Bonfire on him, hope that Death Blow 3 is a seal by then if you don't want to give him Death Blow 3/4, Sturdy Impact, or whatever and run Heavy Blade 3 as his seal, and there you go.

Edited by Kaden

On 2/15/2019 at 5:33 AM, Ice Dragon said:

The point was that just as Thracia is part of Jugdral, Valentia is part of Akaneia-Valentia (Ylisse-Valm), and there doesn't appear to be the need for more than one Fire Emblem in each world. ("Oh, you have a Fire Emblem? What a coincidence! So do I!")

Where are you getting the info that you can see Valencia and Archanea shore to shore (could be valuable data for determining how big these landmasses are, granted we'd have to assume they're on an Earthsized planet).

And while I'm quoting you, how certain can we be that Jugdral is in the same world as Archanea? It has Naga in its backstory, but that's the only thing really and with outrealm shenanigans it could easily be a different world with a different Naga or even the same Naga following Loptyr beyond an Outrealm gate. All we do know is that Galle went to the "distant land if Archanea" which could be like someone in our history travelling to Tir na N'og. Even interviews saying they're on the same planet can't be relied as everything stands up to the possibility of retcon after Awakening introduced the multi world aspect. Although they did release an official time line recently, but I think that didn't include any Jugdral stuff. Not saying I believe Jugdral is on a different planet, but it might not be as much a certainty as it used to be, unless there's some recent assertion of it that I've overlooked.

Edited by Jotari

Yeah, Jamke is pretty amazing now with the merge update since the extra point in Speed and Attack let him completely outperforms his budgeted competition, like Leon and Jeorge, even with the latter options having access to IVS. I've been running Slaying Bow (Def+) with Heavy Blade Seal, Draconic Aura, Desperation, and L&D, and with a bit of speed support, he's incredible, having enough bulk to live a hit from Distant counter foes to reach desperation range and being able to proc Draconic Aura in nearly every engagement if he has Heavy Blade active. 

27 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Where are you getting the info that you can see Valencia and Archanea shore to shore (could be valuable data for determining how big these landmasses are, granted we'd have to assume they're on an Earthsized planet).

I don't remember exactly where it was mentioned, but it is said that you can see the shores of Akaneia from the top of the Tower of Duma.

33 minutes ago, Jotari said:

And while I'm quoting you, how certain can we be that Jugdral is in the same world as Archanea?

Again, I don't remember the source, but either in an interview or in supplementary material, I believe it is mentioned not only that they are on the same world, but also which direction they are to each other.