Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

So... just a mild grey filter over the existing art, and recolouring the gem on the axe (which I can only assume Hel personally changed because reasons). I guess when they say he's "fallen", it's that he's literally fallen down and gotten a bit dirty and dusty. Nothing a bit of bleach and Brasso can't fix.

They should have just done this for Fallen Robin and Celica last year. :P

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Hide contents

So... just a mild grey filter over the existing art, and recolouring the gem on the axe (which I can only assume Hel personally changed because reasons). I guess when they say he's "fallen", it's that he's literally fallen down and gotten a bit dirty and dusty. Nothing a bit of bleach and Brasso can't fix.

They should have just done this for Fallen Robin and Celica last year. :P

Spoiler

I agree that we should have at least the purple aura around Gustav. I believe IntSys did "Fallen" Gustav the way he is because he just died and is already being used by Hel, different from Líf and Thrasir, which they don't have their full body when were "revived" and that's why they have that weird transparent look.

And the gem color changing from blue to red is because he is a enemy unit. If Gustav was a ally unit, his gem would be blue, and if he was a NPC unit the gem would be green.

11 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:
  Hide contents

I agree that we should have at least the purple aura around Gustav. I believe IntSys did "Fallen" Gustav the way he is because he just died and is already being used by Hel, different from Líf and Thrasir, which they don't have their full body when were "revived" and that's why they have that weird transparent look.

And the gem color changing from blue to red is because he is a enemy unit. If Gustav was a ally unit, his gem would be blue, and if he was a NPC unit the gem would be green.

Even simply not applying the filter to his gear would help make it not look like Gustav, but in a poorly-lit room; or Gustav, after working hard all day in a coal mine; or Gustav, Henriette forgot to turn the camera flash on.

P.S. And wow, I didn't notice the jelly thing at all, and I only just played through all the available Book 3 chapters for the first time yesterday. When you said "transparent", I thought maybe they just had the whole image with the alpha layer turned down at first, had to look at the images on the wiki for a fair bit before I realised what I was looking at.

Edited by Humanoid

19 hours ago, XRay said:

I know @Anacybele likes Frederick, especially YS!Frederick's abs, so that is the closest thing that comes to mind, so maybe she can provide some input?

Sorry for the late response to this, I was absent for, ah, reasons. But anyway, yeah, I think I can. I'd say Hawkeye's design just appeals to those who like dark skinned really hunky tough looking dudes. Which I feel like more guys would be into than girls. But I can only really make an educated guess here.

From what I've come to see lately, a lot of women don't like a ton of muscle. I don't even go for that much. Especially given how many people say RD Ike has too much. :/ But there are plenty of women that like some muscle, such as myself. Since as you said, I swoon over Freddy's abs and Ike's biceps. XD

My limit is more or less RD Ike, and probably Frederick. If they had anymore muscle than they already do, I'd think it's too much.

19 hours ago, Johann said:

I know for a fact that Ana appreciates a lot more about Frederick than just his summer art, as well.

And yeah, this is true. I love a ton more about our Freddy Bear than just his looks, even if I do think he's hot. :P I admit that when I first saw him in Awakening trailers, I thought he was quite handsome, but his personality really began drawing me to him, and then I got to realize/see how muscular he is too... Haha.

What's attractive is different from person to person, and I actually think for many, it is more than just looks. Sure, you're gonna have people who favor a certain kind of appearance. But they won't be too attractive if their personality is unfavorable.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I'd say Hawkeye's design just appeals to those who like dark skinned really hunky tough looking dudes. 

Unrelated, but Hawkeye is far from darkskin, like not even close. Really tan sure, but definitely not dark

3 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Unrelated, but Hawkeye is far from darkskin, like not even close. Really tan sure, but definitely not dark

But he is dark skinned? I'm not saying he's black, mind you. But he is dark, far from pale. He's very tan, fitting of a life in the desert.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Vince777 said:

Just noticed that Hawkeye covers his nipples with two feathers.  :)

How modest.

That made me curious so I looked him up. Hawkeye actually does not have any nipples at all! He has no belly button either. His breasts are completely smooth save for the scar on his left breast.

Spoiler

Hawkeye_Desert_Guardian_BtlFace_D.png?ve

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But he is dark skinned? I'm not saying he's black, mind you. But he is dark, far from pale. He's very tan, fitting of a life in the desert.

I don’t think “dark skinned” and “tan” mean the same thing necessarily. The former is usually used when someone is concerned about political correctness as opposed to saying “black”, while the latter is obviously what you get when you spend a good amount of time in the sun. So one could be tanned and dark skinned; it’s not mutually exclusive.

4 minutes ago, Silverly said:

I don’t think “dark skinned” and “tan” mean the same thing necessarily. The former is usually used when someone is concerned about political correctness as opposed to saying “black”, while the latter is obviously what you get when you spend a good amount of time in the sun. So one could be tanned and dark skinned; it’s not mutually exclusive.

Yeah, that's fair enough. I can agree.

EDIT: Never noticed Hawkeye lacked a belly button. That's even weirder than lacking nipples since a lot of Japanese artists don't draw those (though I think that's still weird itself, honestly). But this is the first time I've seen a lack of a belly button. Even guys like Freddy still get them! Frederick even has a big clear view of his belly button in his summer attacking art and it actually looks rather neat. XD Though I can probably attribute that to Suekane Kumiko just being damn good at muscles since the belly button is within the abs.

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

The only male character that's allowed not to have a belly button is Adam and yet all the Renaissance artists were kind enough to give him one. 

Belly button removal surgery exists. For whatever reason.

1 minute ago, Vince777 said:

Maybe Hawkeye had it done.

Wanted the emphasis put solely on his abs.

Real men don't have useless surface features like nipples and belly buttons. They just have more muscles on their muscles.

I'm embarrassed to say (yet not enough to not admit it) I Google Image'd "huge abs" to see if perhaps a belly button could be hidden from view when packing so much muscles.

Nah, it's always still there.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

EDIT: Never noticed Hawkeye lacked a belly button. That's even weirder than lacking nipples since a lot of Japanese artists don't draw those (though I think that's still weird itself, honestly). But this is the first time I've seen a lack of a belly button. Even guys like Freddy still get them! Frederick even has a big clear view of his belly button in his summer attacking art and it actually looks rather neat. XD Though I can probably attribute that to Suekane Kumiko just being damn good at muscles since the belly button is within the abs.

Now that you mentioned it, I never noticed a lot of characters also lacked nipples. Actually, none of the male characters have nipples. They all do got belly buttons though outside of Hawkeye.

YS!Gaius:

Spoiler

Gaius_Thief_Exposed_Face.png?version=59d

NS!Xander:

Spoiler

Xander_Student_Swimmer_Face.png?version=

SA!Innes:

Spoiler

Innes_Flawless_Form_Face.png?version=84d

ASS!Takumi:

Spoiler

Takumi_Prince_at_Play_Face.png?version=0

TLB!Dorcas: I cannot really see his belly button, but I assume it is just covered up by the belt.

Spoiler

Dorcas_Pumpkin_Smasher_Face.png?version=

A!M!Corrin:

Spoiler

Corrin_Dream_Prince_BtlFace_D.png?versio

HS!Ryoma: That dark smudge on his breast does not really look like a nipple, so I assume it is just dirt stain.

Spoiler

Ryoma_Samurai_at_Ease_BtlFace_D.png?vers

NS!Leo: He is the most modest of them all, as he covers up his would be nipples, although you can also argue that he got no nipples either in his attack and Special art, but it could also be that his nipples are just placed higher biologically. He got a belly button like everyone else.

Spoiler

Leo_Seashores_Prince_Face.png?version=19

Leo_Seashores_Prince_BtlFace.png?version

Leo_Seashores_Prince_BtlFace_C.png?versi

Leo_Seashores_Prince_BtlFace_D.png?versi

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

Now that you mentioned it, I never noticed a lot of characters also lacked nipples. Actually, none of the male characters have nipples. They all do got belly buttons though outside of Hawkeye.

Yep, that's why I said Hawkeye's lack of a belly button AND nipples is just the weirdest thing ever.

So, on another topic, I have a +Atk Sanaki and a +Spd one. Which should be my base? I really dunno if she's better with more Spd or more Atk.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So, on another topic, I have a +Atk Sanaki and a +Spd one. Which should be my base? I really dunno if she's better with more Spd or more Atk.

If you are turning her into a nuke either is fine. You can either give her Rauðrblade and go with +Spd and Spd stack her so she can double, or you can focus on letting her one shot things and Atk stack, or having something of a mix with Desperation-Brash Assault. If you are using her as a Drive support unit, I lean towards +Atk.

Desperation Nuke:
+Spd
Rauðrblade
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
Darting Blow

One Shot Nuke:
+Atk
Rauðrblade
Reposition
(Any Special) — Moonbow — Glimmer
Death Blow
(Any B) — Special Spiral —  Chill Res
(Any C)
Attack +3 — Hardy Bearing

Desperation-Brash Assault:
+Atk
Rauðrblade
Reposition
Fury — Death Blow — Life and Death
Desperation
(Any C)
Brash Assault
Fury helps getting her into Brash Assault range. If you do not have trouble getting her HP that low, then Death Blow is better. Life and Death is also an option since that reduces her bulk.

Drive Support:
Cymbeline [Res] — Cymbeline [special]
Swap — (Any Rally)
Iceberg — Moonbow
(Any A that boosts Atk/Res)
Quick Riposte — (Any Chill) — (Any Link; with movement Assists)
(Any Drive)
(Any Drive)
Unless she is consistently used with flier allies, I would just stick with Res Refinement since it does not have any team composition requirements.
I recommend Iceberg for most situations, but if the enemies she face are sufficiently slow enough to not double her consistently, then I recommend switching to Moonbow so she will always activate a Special.
You can also try Feints if you run her with Rallies, but Feints are pretty niche and difficult to use.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you are turning her into a nuke either is fine. You can either give her Rauðrblade and go with +Spd and Spd stack her so she can double, or you can focus on letting her one shot things and Atk stack, or having something of a mix with Desperation-Brash Assault. If you are using her as a Drive support unit, I lean towards +Atk.

Desperation Nuke:
+Spd
Rauðrblade
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
Darting Blow

One Shot Nuke:
+Atk
Rauðrblade
Reposition
Death Blow
(Any B) — Special Spiral —  Chill Res
(Any C)
Attack +3 — Hardy Bearing

Desperation-Brash Assault:
+Atk
Rauðrblade
Reposition
Fury — Death Blow — Life and Death
Desperation
(Any C)
Brash Assault
Fury helps getting her into Brash Assault range. If you do not have trouble getting her HP that low, then Death Blow is better. Life and Death is also an option since that reduces her bulk.

Drive Support:
Cymbeline [Res] — Cymbeline [special]
Swap — (Any Rally)
Iceberg — Moonbow
(Any A that boosts Atk/Res)
Quick Riposte — (Any Chill) — (Any Link; with movement Assists)
(Any Drive)
(Any Drive)
Unless she is consistently used with flier allies, I would just stick with Res Refinement since it does not have any team composition requirements.
I recommend Iceberg for most situations, but if the enemies she face are sufficiently slow enough to not double her consistently, then I recommend switching to Moonbow so she will always activate a Special.
You can also try Feints if you run her with Rallies, but Feints are pretty niche and difficult to use.

Oh, I wasn't going to invest a whole lot into her. So I was going to stick with her Cymbeline as her weapon. So I guess she ought to be a Drive support unit?

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Real men don't have useless surface features like nipples and belly buttons. They just have more muscles on their muscles.

Do ya know enough of human musculature to tell me if its true F-Zero's Black Bull has converted some muscles into some other kind to expand his pack? I would like some trustworthy confirmation. Image of the knockoff supervillain:

Spoiler

Image result for black bull f zero

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Belly button removal surgery exists. For whatever reason.

It was probably invented by that guy who killed Macbeth. Apparently no man of woman born could kill Macbeth, and apparently "mother dying in childbirth" counted here, but it wouldn't surprise me if whatshisname also had this surgery done. Helps to erase all visible notions of having been in a womb.

59 minutes ago, XRay said:

It's simply an aesthetic choice, modern Japanese popular entertainment just doesn't choose to idealize those, just as they don't idealize body hair. And idealization sans such features isn't exactly strange when the Greco-Roman and Renaissance ideal was the same.

I'm not quite sure what major cultures have/do idealize those features or others not usually emphasized in Classical Western & modern Japanese set of aesthetic and sexual general preferences. I would be interested to know however. I know Sikhism deems unshorn hair a virtue and sign of true believing, but that is a religion, and pious norms and aesthetic-sexual norms are not the same. And the Greco-Romans certainly had few issues blending beards with hairless chests, therefore I'm more interested in cultures that liked the roots of and the trunk of Yggmandrasil to be heavily forested, not so much the canopy.

Also, thanks for posting all those. My mind is presently lost in a doldrum of depressing thoughts as it is sometimes becomes. And the sight of Cutekumi and the others helped ever so briefly to ease this existential fear which consumes me. (I'm planning to get real help if I need it, which I admit I probably should get if it isn't costly.)

This is my first time looking at Adrift Morrin's artwork, I like him wounded. Although it makes it look like he is going to a nudist event and has only his cheap sweatpants, worn for modesty on the way there, left to remove.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

So I guess she ought to be a Drive support unit?

Yeah. I would go with that if you just want something budget.

Collecting a variety of unit types has been a big way I've been determining how to spend my orbs, so thinking about my progress on that:

The two main units I'm after right now are Velouria and Legendary Lucina, since they cover the two available weapon types I'm missing, as well as being cool characters with some neat abilities. I'd also like a cavalry dagger unit, since (ignoring color variations) that's the only weapon/movement type combination I'm currently missing, and I figure I'll eventually want a unit with the new legendary effect once it starts actually functioning. For both of those, though, I'm less sold on the options so far: I think there might be better options later on.

Looking forward, I'll want a red bow, an Astra mythic, and a Dark mythic when they inevitably release. Also a cavalry dragon and an armored beast if they ever show up, which I figure they probably will, but it's less certain.

All that seems manageable enough to keep up with, while having leeway. Having leeway makes me tempted to try to go for the remaining weapon/movement type combinations that do account for color, but that seems... silly. I'd have to spend a fuckton of orbs going for specific units, many of them alts I don't really care about. By my count, the current units I'd need to pick up for that are: Legendary Lucina, Summer Tiki Y, Summer Linde, Dancer Elincia, Legendary Tiki, Halloween Niles, NY Fjorm, Leanne, HS Elise, HS Hinoka, Kaden, Keaton, Velouria, and Sue. So 14 so far, all with no substitutions available, and with more showing up all the time. Some of them are already on my list and Kaden will probably demote tonight, but making a point of keeping up with all the rest would just eat up all my orbs and really not be worth it. I'd rather use the leeway for other cool stuff, like Quan whenever he finally returns. (Heroes with Steady Posture banner? We have three of them, now.)

I'm curious how this compares to how other people think about unit types.

28 minutes ago, Othin said:

Collecting a variety of unit types has been a big way I've been determining how to spend my orbs, so thinking about my progress on that:

The two main units I'm after right now are Velouria and Legendary Lucina, since they cover the two available weapon types I'm missing, as well as being cool characters with some neat abilities. I'd also like a cavalry dagger unit, since (ignoring color variations) that's the only weapon/movement type combination I'm currently missing, and I figure I'll eventually want a unit with the new legendary effect once it starts actually functioning. For both of those, though, I'm less sold on the options so far: I think there might be better options later on.

Looking forward, I'll want a red bow, an Astra mythic, and a Dark mythic when they inevitably release. Also a cavalry dragon and an armored beast if they ever show up, which I figure they probably will, but it's less certain.

All that seems manageable enough to keep up with, while having leeway. Having leeway makes me tempted to try to go for the remaining weapon/movement type combinations that do account for color, but that seems... silly. I'd have to spend a fuckton of orbs going for specific units, many of them alts I don't really care about. By my count, the current units I'd need to pick up for that are: Legendary Lucina, Summer Tiki Y, Summer Linde, Dancer Elincia, Legendary Tiki, Halloween Niles, NY Fjorm, Leanne, HS Elise, HS Hinoka, Kaden, Keaton, Velouria, and Sue. So 14 so far, all with no substitutions available, and with more showing up all the time. Some of them are already on my list and Kaden will probably demote tonight, but making a point of keeping up with all the rest would just eat up all my orbs and really not be worth it. I'd rather use the leeway for other cool stuff, like Quan whenever he finally returns. (Heroes with Steady Posture banner? We have three of them, now.)

I'm curious how this compares to how other people think about unit types.

Your plan is about like mine.  I am going to pull on the BB banner because I asked for it, but other then that I will focus only on new unit types unless my favs get on a banner.  The new unit type I want the most is a blue flying dragon if they give me that I will be set on the teams I want to build.