Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Now that you mentioned it, I never noticed a lot of characters also lacked nipples. Actually, none of the male characters have nipples. 

Most guys don't get nipples~ Clearly too SCANDALOUS for IS~

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

10 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Your plan is about like mine.  I am going to pull on the BB banner because I asked for it, but other then that I will focus only on new unit types unless my favs get on a banner.  The new unit type I want the most is a blue flying dragon if they give me that I will be set on the teams I want to build.

please not as a seasonal. 
it continually breaks my heart that SY Tiki (whom I have bless) is a seasonal so my dreams of +10ing her are dead unless i start saving from now, and I am basically that dog in UP!. 

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This is my first time looking at Adrift Morrin's artwork, I like him wounded. Although it makes it look like he is going to a nudist event and has only his cheap sweatpants, worn for modesty on the way there, left to remove.

For curiosity, what do you think of him like this?

https://reddit.app.link/eU6acBViSU

Over and out.  The 2nd Anniversary Banner was my last straw.  I REALLY wanted Legendary Azura, since I use mainly fliers and she would be an amazing unit with my play style.  Well, I got Duma with my free summon, then spent 300+ orbs and didn't get Azura.  My pity rate went up to 5.5%, and I got vanilla Ephraim.  Great.  I also spent ~400 orbs on the Legendary Azura banner, and only got a bunch of Fjorms.  

There's nothing fun to do in the game anyone.  Everything is a grind.  New content is a trickle.  I uninstalled the game a week ago and I don't regret it.  I'll come back for my Brave Camilla, or if they release a Kagero alt, but otherwise I'm done.  

3 hours ago, Advent Core said:

For curiosity, what do you think of him like this?

https://reddit.app.link/eU6acBViSU

Altered to look like Opera House Azura whilst in the Adrift attire. Certainly not bad (meaning it gets my approval). 

On first glance, the purple, compared to the original white, emphasizes his chest's musculature more. It also gives off an impression of being translucent, not as see-through as the mouth veil (which is fine here and I like its translucent touch amid the dark colors), but still less than fully opaque. Comparison with the original white makes it apparent it isn't transparent at all, and also explains the sudden "loss" of "transparency" just before it reaches the groin. 

I think I actually prefer the darker colors here, although the outstretched arm is a bit too dark purple. While the keeping of the butterflies on the artwork was something of a negative being out of place initially, I actually like it on second thought. Glowing butterflies in the night, lighting the darkness of a forest, a good image; I don't think they contribute as much in the original. Whereas the water in the original Adrift added a splash of color to the pale white, in the altered one it becomes a bright geyser- the opposite.

If there is a loss of contrast in the recolor, it is to be found in the ribbon-sash, the bright blue and light purple-pink (fuchsia?) on white, becomes dark blue and an electric violet on a lighter purple with wrinkles of a darker purple. The cloth beneath the top layer on the left side of the artwork went from a light blue adjacent to white, to a bold dark blue near grayish-purple, another loss in readily apparent contrast. I'm not sure if turning the blue-green dragonstone into a purple-pink one was the best of choices either.

So in conclusion, although I can identify faults with the fan-rendered recolor, I actually like it more on the whole than the original Adrift in white.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 hours ago, XRay said:

That made me curious so I looked him up. Hawkeye actually does not have any nipples at all! He has no belly button either. His breasts are completely smooth save for the scar on his left breast.

Hide contents

Hawkeye_Desert_Guardian_BtlFace_D.png?ve

I reckon he does have a belly button, but it's just out of sight.

4 hours ago, Othin said:

Collecting a variety of unit types has been a big way I've been determining how to spend my orbs, so thinking about my progress on that:

The two main units I'm after right now are Velouria and Legendary Lucina, since they cover the two available weapon types I'm missing, as well as being cool characters with some neat abilities. I'd also like a cavalry dagger unit, since (ignoring color variations) that's the only weapon/movement type combination I'm currently missing, and I figure I'll eventually want a unit with the new legendary effect once it starts actually functioning. For both of those, though, I'm less sold on the options so far: I think there might be better options later on.

Looking forward, I'll want a red bow, an Astra mythic, and a Dark mythic when they inevitably release. Also a cavalry dragon and an armored beast if they ever show up, which I figure they probably will, but it's less certain.

All that seems manageable enough to keep up with, while having leeway. Having leeway makes me tempted to try to go for the remaining weapon/movement type combinations that do account for color, but that seems... silly. I'd have to spend a fuckton of orbs going for specific units, many of them alts I don't really care about. By my count, the current units I'd need to pick up for that are: Legendary Lucina, Summer Tiki Y, Summer Linde, Dancer Elincia, Legendary Tiki, Halloween Niles, NY Fjorm, Leanne, HS Elise, HS Hinoka, Kaden, Keaton, Velouria, and Sue. So 14 so far, all with no substitutions available, and with more showing up all the time. Some of them are already on my list and Kaden will probably demote tonight, but making a point of keeping up with all the rest would just eat up all my orbs and really not be worth it. I'd rather use the leeway for other cool stuff, like Quan whenever he finally returns. (Heroes with Steady Posture banner? We have three of them, now.)

I'm curious how this compares to how other people think about unit types.

I was sort of similar up to the point they released coloured bows and daggers, at which point I realised that these units will be releasing faster than my ability to pull them. Hell, I still don't have an armoured mage of any kind yet. As a result, I've decided that I'm content with what I have in terms of "sets" and will only hunt units if I judge they're good enough to actively use on an individual basis, or out of personal favouritism (which is fairly rare). This is even more relevant now since I'm no longer obsessive about getting every single F2P orb available (and am much happier for having done so).

In the earlier days, when there were far more limited options, I worked on the basis of symmetry in my colours. I went about creating essentially mirrored line-ups for each colour. An infantry blade mage of each colour so I set up essentially identical Tharja, Tailtiu and Nino builds. A DC tank for each colour so I have Ike(s), Fjorm and Dorcas. Same for Brave Hit and Run fliers, Raven mages, Dragon tanks, dancers, etc. This only applies for types and builds I actively use though, so I've never counted armours.

I've decided against even trying to build any sort of beast team for now too, given the 5* exclusivity for most of them, and how few there are. I'm not the biggest fans of were-creatures in fantasy writing anyway and don't find them interesting. I'll get around to it if and when there are accessible options in the 4*/GHB pool for each colour. As of now, Panne remains my only beast unit, having not bothered to pick up Naesala on his first run.

Finally, I've had pretty decent luck with legendaries - I've counted four that I don't have in Azura, Eirika, Hrid and Tiki - despite not actively trying for most of them. Mythic heroes I'm ignoring for now as I don't participate in Aether Raids. I haven't handed out a single blessing in months though because for the most part I'm still just using the same units I was a year ago.

4 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I was sort of similar up to the point they released coloured bows and daggers, at which point I realised that these units will be releasing faster than my ability to pull them. Hell, I still don't have an armoured mage of any kind yet. As a result, I've decided that I'm content with what I have in terms of "sets" and will only hunt units if I judge they're good enough to actively use on an individual basis, or out of personal favouritism (which is fairly rare). This is even more relevant now since I'm no longer obsessive about getting every single F2P orb available (and am much happier for having done so).

In the earlier days, when there were far more limited options, I worked on the basis of symmetry in my colours. I went about creating essentially mirrored line-ups for each colour. An infantry blade mage of each colour so I set up essentially identical Tharja, Tailtiu and Nino builds. A DC tank for each colour so I have Ike(s), Fjorm and Dorcas. Same for Brave Hit and Run fliers, Raven mages, Dragon tanks, dancers, etc. This only applies for types and builds I actively use though, so I've never counted armours.

I've decided against even trying to build any sort of beast team for now too, given the 5* exclusivity for most of them, and how few there are. I'm not the biggest fans of were-creatures in fantasy writing anyway and don't find them interesting. I'll get around to it if and when there are accessible options in the 4*/GHB pool for each colour. As of now, Panne remains my only beast unit, having not bothered to pick up Naesala on his first run.

Finally, I've had pretty decent luck with legendaries - I've counted four that I don't have in Azura, Eirika, Hrid and Tiki - despite not actively trying for most of them. Mythic heroes I'm ignoring for now as I don't participate in Aether Raids. I haven't handed out a single blessing in months though because for the most part I'm still just using the same units I was a year ago.

Personally I grabbed all the initial flying mages and armors, only started falling behind in unit types when Spring Kagero showed up. Colored bows and daggers have definitely complicated things further.

I've sort of reached the point where I'm not going for all the new unit types but at the same time, if a unit doesn't have a new unit type they'd need something pretty compelling for me to give them much priority. And it also depends on how distinctive the unit type is. Like, I have Halloween Kagero as a green dagger armor, plus Halloween Henry as a green mage armor, so a green bow armor wouldn't seem very novel since I already have a couple of types of green ranged armors, including the other physical kind. On the other hand, I don't have any cavalry or fliers with colored missile weapons, so Sue or NY Fjorm would seem more significant.

I've also stopped going for the more troublesome orbs (particularly the monthly Training Tower quests and the Tap Battle ones), but I do stay up to date on Aether Raids and special maps, personally.

25 minutes ago, Othin said:

Personally I grabbed all the initial flying mages and armors, only started falling behind in unit types when Spring Kagero showed up. Colored bows and daggers have definitely complicated things further.

I've sort of reached the point where I'm not going for all the new unit types but at the same time, if a unit doesn't have a new unit type they'd need something pretty compelling for me to give them much priority. And it also depends on how distinctive the unit type is. Like, I have Halloween Kagero as a green dagger armor, plus Halloween Henry as a green mage armor, so a green bow armor wouldn't seem very novel since I already have a couple of types of green ranged armors, including the other physical kind. On the other hand, I don't have any cavalry or fliers with colored missile weapons, so Sue or NY Fjorm would seem more significant.

I've also stopped going for the more troublesome orbs (particularly the monthly Training Tower quests and the Tap Battle ones), but I do stay up to date on Aether Raids and special maps, personally.

I was lucky enough to grab Spring Kagero and Bow Hinoka on their release banners so I was still sitting fairly pretty at that point despite missing out on Valentine's Lyn (but as mentioned, armours were never truly in the same category for collecting). The realisation probably came with my failed attempts to get Summer Tana. I think that was the last time I went in hard for a particular unit for the purposes of completing a set (the flying mage triangle). The failure also cascaded into a complete lack of orbs for the second summer banner, therefore making it a double fail in that I had absolutely nothing to spend on Summer Linde.

I also missed out on Halloween Mia, but by then I no longer had the same mindset and my investment was nowhere near as heavy. Halloween ended up the time where I dramatically scaled back on involvement with the game - maybe playing at about 1/3rd capacity at most for the rest of the year. Right now I'm at about about half as much as I was at my peak, but it's probably somewhat temporary as I've upped it a bit in an attempt to save for this month's juicy Legendary banner.

All worked out in the end anyway as I ended up with a bonus Towel Sakura after going for Hinoka (not for collection's sake, but because she's my favourite Fates character), and also ended up with Halloween Nowi as my 2nd anniversary freebie. And while I still don't have an armoured mage, the free Winter Cecilia means I at least have an armoured ranged unit. A cavalry dagger is still missing, but that's rather unsurprising and I currently don't feel like I'm missing out on much.

P.S. Looking back and seeing I've gathered a grand total of 80 grails since the system launched was a bit demoralising (and I've since spent those plus the starting 200 in Marthed Mask), but it's still not enough to get me to do ARs just yet. I had a read of the article about ARs on the wiki and all it gave me was a headache. I'd love to +10 a GHB unit one day, probably Aversa unless a more appealing flying mage (i.e. almost anyone else) appears, but the cost to me still exceeds the value gained for the time being.

Edited by Humanoid

51 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I had a read of the article about ARs on the wiki and all it gave me was a headache. I'd love to +10 a GHB unit one day, probably Aversa unless a more appealing flying mage (i.e. almost anyone else) appears, but the cost to me still exceeds the value gained for the time being.

You could still play it while investing no time in learning the mechanics. 

That's what I did and that's enough to remain in tier 17 and still collect rewards every week. Must have had something close to 1000 grails since that mode's launch (and I spent most of them on Skadi Takumi just to get more Fury 3 fodder since I don't do merges). 

Sure you won't maximize the rewards but it's little investment in time and effort and you still get decent rewards. 

I do that too with Arena Assault. A single weekly run on auto battle on the easiest difficulty. I'm getting a smaller weekly reward but I like it better than investing effort into such a repetitive and boring process. 

Edited by Vince777

Ugh... More pity breakers. I guess Keaton is okay for Beast Valor.

I knew the chances were not stellar, but darn, I really wanted Velouria as a +10 project. Now I'm happy to have one copy, but it would have been a great goal to have. A bit saddening. I feel another beast demote would have been quite healthy for the game, but I guess IS wants to keep it more premium for a bit.

Lugh demote is the next thing I want, because Thea.... is just.... I mean what is she even accomplishing, except being a terrible pitybreaker like Luke and friends?

20 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Tybrosion Darn, tough luck on the wrong timing of the Chill Def :(

Maybe you can give Klein a stat buff then? More Spd to counteract the Spd penalty, or just more Atk?

Well, since Panne is now someone who exists...

OlxqIiD.png?1

If only I used one of the like four spare Fallen Celicas I've pulled to date on him, because I did feel a little bad about offing one my spare Pannes.

55 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They had better make up for it by demoting both Thea and Lugh. >:[

That would be nice...

I wonder which reason would they have to don't demote anything in this banner.

They have demoted Dancers (Sylvia and Reyson) in the past (a class in the past we thought they wouldn't demote), and also other characters with strong stat-spreads (Soleil) and stupid weapons (Ares)... I wonder what is different this time.

Edited by Troykv

If anything, the lack of demotion on the previous banner to me puts paid to the idea that they might suddenly have a moment of generosity and do a double-demotion now. The overall mood is that chances of future demotions are now down overall, not up.

56 minutes ago, XRay said:

Ugh... More pity breakers. I guess Keaton is okay for Beast Valor.

?

Even when they drop, they remain 5* pity breakers. 

Unless you're thinking about another mass demote of 4-5* units in the future. 

1 minute ago, Vince777 said:

?

Even when they drop, they remain 5* pity breakers. 

Unless you're thinking about another mass demote of 4-5* units in the future. 

Yeah, if they do another drop, that means none of the Beasts are going to drop, unless they decide to drop 5* exclusives too.

So where is the new calendar? Thought it would drop last night, guess it will tonight then. I need to hope and dream, and see it all wiped aside.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

unless they decide to drop 5* exclusives too.

They really should, it'd be avarice by the decimals not to. Mist and most other Gen 1s barring like Hector and Takumi need to go. 

Also, happy International Women's Day!

And to think some us were hoping for 2 demotes again.  It would have been nice if the various online communities rose more of a stink when only one unit was demoted from the first Sacred Stones banner, but at least people seem sufficiently motivated now. 

Interesting to see that the new banner lasts for a month.  The one thing I like about seasonal banners is that they last a long time, giving folks plenty of time to pull for them.  Maybe New Hero banners will be going that route now too?