Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

So, next GHB rerun should be Garon, right? Then Aversa after him, if I'm not mistaken.

I'll only get another copy of Aversa with Grails to get her to +9, then I'll wait for her rerun to get the last one.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

56 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

A change for  FEH that I would like is to be able to promote 3-Stars units directly to 5-Stars.

We need to promote a unit from 3* to 4*, and then from 4* to 5*. Why not 3* to 5*?

Why do 1-3* even exist? In terms of practicality the game has 5* and not 5*. 1 and 2* barely even do exist, I think only being around in a once in a blue moon quest and the default Askr characters.

14 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Why do 1-3* even exist? In terms of practicality the game has 5* and not 5*. 1 and 2* barely even do exist, I think only being around in a once in a blue moon quest and the default Askr characters.

Yeah... we can only get 1*-2* units from the Askr Trio (prior May 2018) and the Normal Hero Battles.

39 minutes ago, Jotari said:

The only other gatcha I played, Dragalia Lost, had no 1-2* characters, just 3-5*, with all freebies starting at 4*. Only the weakest of weapons and Wyrmprints came in at 2*, and I'm not sure if there was anything 1* at all. 

I just consider the star lexicon something standard and which FEH uncritically adopted.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The only other gatcha I played, Dragalia Lost, had no 1-2* characters, just 3-5*, with all freebies starting at 4*. Only the weakest of weapons and Wyrmprints came in at 2*, and I'm not sure if there was anything 1* at all. 

I think 1* is reserved for the default weapon that all units use when they don't have something better equipped and maybe some enemy tiers.

Kinda like what FEH still does with its enemy tiers.

Can someone explain to me why you can have trap tiles on your defense field in Aether Raids that reduce enemy HP to literally 1? That is so fucking cheap and OP. I've literally never won a battle when I run into this because how are you supposed to when when your whole team is suddenly reduced to next to no HP?

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Can someone explain to me why you can have trap tiles on your defense field in Aether Raids that reduce enemy HP to literally 1? That is so fucking cheap and OP. I've literally never won a battle when I run into this because how are you supposed to when when your whole team is suddenly reduced to next to no HP?

I've seen offense teams challenging my defense map with a staff on their team to heal off the damage. There's also the Healing Tower building you can use to passively heal back some HP and Eir's Sparkling Boost skill, which stacks if you have multiple copies of Eir.

Many times, you can guess which trap is real and possibly avoid it on maps with enough space to go around. In some layouts, you can also trigger the trap yourself while there are few enough units in range and then pull the unit you used to trigger the trap back out.

You can also use the traps to your advantage if you're using units with Desperation or Vantage.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I've seen offense teams challenging my defense map with a staff on their team to heal off the damage. There's also the Healing Tower building you can use to passively heal back some HP and Eir's Sparkling Boost skill, which stacks if you have multiple copies of Eir.

Many times, you can guess which trap is real and possibly avoid it on maps with enough space to go around. In some layouts, you can also trigger the trap yourself while there are few enough units in range and then pull the unit you used to trigger the trap back out.

You can also use the traps to your advantage if you're using units with Desperation or Vantage.

I do use the healing tower, but it doesn't heal much damage. Maybe I need to level it up more or something.

And I forgot I could use Eir in my team for some added bonuses, good point.

How can you tell which traps are real and which are fake though? I haven't been able to tell. And yeah, those damage traps would help those skills, wouldn't they? Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

How can you tell which traps are real and which are fake though? I haven't been able to tell. And yeah, those damage traps would help those skills, wouldn't they? Thanks.

Mostly by where they are placed. Sometimes, the player will put on trap in a location where it would do absolutely nothing to help (such as a square that no one in their right mind would care to attack from), while another is on a key square blocking off an attack or bait route.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's a matter of guessing which position is more important for them to be able to block an attack from. Sometimes it can be hard to guess, but sometimes one position lets you launch a key attack on their defensive formation and the other doesn't.

But I think the biggest thing is to always be ready for the possibility that a given trap might be real and high-leveled, and avoid triggering it outside of circumstances where you'll be able to handle it. One or two units dropping to 1 HP tends to be manageable enough, as long as you won't need them to take more damage later.

I always run Eir and L!Azura on my Aether Raids team for passive healing, max stat boost with Tactics and added movement.

Also what with the update? Is there a way I can pull the update or should I just download the apk of it?

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Mostly by where they are placed. Sometimes, the player will put on trap in a location where it would do absolutely nothing to help (such as a square that no one in their right mind would care to attack from), while another is on a key square blocking off an attack or bait route.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's a matter of guessing which position is more important for them to be able to block an attack from. Sometimes it can be hard to guess, but sometimes one position lets you launch a key attack on their defensive formation and the other doesn't.

But I think the biggest thing is to always be ready for the possibility that a given trap might be real and high-leveled, and avoid triggering it outside of circumstances where you'll be able to handle it. One or two units dropping to 1 HP tends to be manageable enough, as long as you won't need them to take more damage later.

Hm, I see. I'm not sure I'd be very good at figuring that stuff out, but I can try. It's getting harder and harder for me to increase my tier without dropping one after the season's over, so...

14 hours ago, Othin said:

Ugh, that's unfortunate. Sent feedback complaining.

13 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

And to think some us were hoping for 2 demotes again.  It would have been nice if the various online communities rose more of a stink when only one unit was demoted from the first Sacred Stones banner, but at least people seem sufficiently motivated now. 

Interesting to see that the new banner lasts for a month.  The one thing I like about seasonal banners is that they last a long time, giving folks plenty of time to pull for them.  Maybe New Hero banners will be going that route now too?

This is quite ironic right after the interview where Nintendo was telling their mobile developers to try to not appear to be too greedy.

18 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

This is quite ironic right after the interview where Nintendo was telling their mobile developers to try to not appear to be too greedy.

That was only published recently right? And since it takes time for changes to come into effect then isn’t it possible that Heroes didn’t get the memo before doing these decisions?

Either that or IS is just choosing to ignore it and don’t care a crap about being blatant with their greed.

5 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

That was only published recently right? And since it takes time for changes to come into effect then isn’t it possible that Heroes didn’t get the memo before doing these decisions?

Either that or IS is just choosing to ignore it and don’t care a crap about being blatant with their greed.

Maybe, though I'm not sure how hard the programming for whether a unit demotes or not is.  One wouldn't think it would be that hard.  Dataminers can say what skills units get at what rarity, even when they are 5* locked.

17 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe, though I'm not sure how hard the programming for whether a unit demotes or not is.  One wouldn't think it would be that hard.  Dataminers can say what skills units get at what rarity, even when they are 5* locked.

In terms of coding it would definitely be super easy. Barely an inconvenience. I suspect bureaucratically it might be a problem though. Making any change to the game probably involves a meeting with a full team of marketers and executives who require a consensus decide anything. So while they can make changes easily, they're probably not allowed to until everyone is on board.

Or maybe they are just greedy. That's a possibility too.

Edited by Jotari

9 minutes ago, Jotari said:

In terms of coding it would definitely be super easy. Barely an inconvenience. I suspect bureaucratically it might be a problem though. Making any change to the game probably involves a meeting with a full team of marketers and executives who require a consensus decide anything. So while they can make changes easily, they're probably not allowed to until everyone is on board.

Or maybe they are just greedy. That's a possibility too.

There's no maybe about them being greedy.  Everybody is.  The secret is to not appear to be greedy and find the happy medium for getting you the most money without damaging the goodwill of those you do business with.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

There's no maybe about them being greedy.  Everybody is.  The secret is to not appear to be greedy and find the happy medium for getting you the most money without damaging the goodwill of those you do business with.

Oh yes, of course. I should amend my statement. Maybe they're just being blatantly greedy.

7 hours ago, Rezzy said:

The programming should be easy, but it's only something they'd do if they have any units they'd actually consider to be viable demotes in the first place. That takes more setup. If all the characters have weapons or other skills they wouldn't be willing to allow at 4*, it was pretty set in stone from once those were finalized.

If they're going to keep giving Swift Sparrow to at least one unit per banner, they should just make it 4* available already.  It's nice, but not worth sacrificing a 5* for.