Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If they're going to keep giving Swift Sparrow to at least one unit per banner, they should just make it 4* available already.  It's nice, but not worth sacrificing a 5* for.

Does Naesala count?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 hours ago, Othin said:

Does Naesala count?

No because 100+ grails + 20k feathers is too steep a price to pay for something that is only at best marginally better than fury 3 and life and death 3. There's also the fact that death blow 3's value compared to swift sparrow 2 has increased thanks to the darting blow sacred seal making the extra speed from swift sparrow kind of redundant compared to the 2 extra attack. 

6 hours ago, Rezzy said:

If they're going to keep giving Swift Sparrow to at least one unit per banner, they should just make it 4* available already.  It's nice, but not worth sacrificing a 5* for.

My thoughts exactly. Every other unit we get a month has Swift Sparrow, they might as well demote some of the older ones with it by now~ At least they could give more new units L&D or something.

6 hours ago, Rezzy said:

17 units possess the Swift Sparrow skill. I honestly have the believe that's the highest number of units to possess a single skill string.

Of them, 9 are in the normal summoning pool (counting Sue, who will be added once the banner ends)

2 are only available from Legendary/Mythic unit banners (Eir and Glorious Lucina)

Naesala is the only one available as a Heroic Grail unit. The rest are seasonals.

In comparison to other A passives that grant a high amount of Atk and Spd...

• Life and Death, the only one that has been in the game since the start, only has 5 holders, one of which (Zephiel) is a Heroic Grail unit, and another of which (Sothe) was added later, albeit as a 4* holder of LnD3. None of them are seasonal
  • Kestrel Stance remains exclusive to Supreme Samurai Ryoma
  • Brazen Atk/Spd remains exclusive to Winter Robin (a seasonal) and Linus (a Heroic Grail unit)
  • Atk/Spd Bond is available on 8 units, though 4 of them are seasonal and 1 of them is a Legendary unit (Marth)
  • Atk/Spd Push remain exclusive to 2 seasonals (Elincia and Tana)
  • Atk/Spd Solo remains exclusive to Legendary Eirika

What is it about this skill that the devs love so much...?

9 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

17 units possess the Swift Sparrow skill. I honestly have the believe that's the highest number of units to possess a single skill string.

Of them, 9 are in the normal summoning pool (counting Sue, who will be added once the banner ends)

2 are only available from Legendary/Mythic unit banners (Eir and Glorious Lucina)

Naesala is the only one available as a Heroic Grail unit. The rest are seasonals.

In comparison to other A passives that grant a high amount of Atk and Spd...

• Life and Death, the only one that has been in the game since the start, only has 5 holders, one of which (Zephiel) is a Heroic Grail unit, and another of which (Sothe) was added later, albeit as a 4* holder of LnD3. None of them are seasonal
  • Kestrel Stance remains exclusive to Supreme Samurai Ryoma
  • Brazen Atk/Spd remains exclusive to Winter Robin (a seasonal) and Linus (a Heroic Grail unit)
  • Atk/Spd Bond is available on 8 units, though 4 of them are seasonal and 1 of them is a Legendary unit (Marth)
  • Atk/Spd Push remain exclusive to 2 seasonals (Elincia and Tana)
  • Atk/Spd Solo remains exclusive to Legendary Eirika

What is it about this skill that the devs love so much...?

They seem to think it's a good skill on ranged units. Bond is better on ranged units, but they don't even know how owltomes are used.

Edited by redlight

27 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

That’s probably the most among the passives, but if Specials count here then Draconic Aura probably has the most at 20.

7 hours ago, Othin said:

Does Naesala count?

No, since he's a limited resource and costs Grails to obtain.

2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

No because 100+ grails + 20k feathers is too steep a price to pay for something that is only at best marginally better than fury 3 and life and death 3. There's also the fact that death blow 3's value compared to swift sparrow 2 has increased thanks to the darting blow sacred seal making the extra speed from swift sparrow kind of redundant compared to the 2 extra attack. 

I'm not sure if I would choose Swift Sparrow over the other two, even if it was available at 4".  L&D is better for units you don't plan to be taking hits on EP and Fury is better for units that do.

8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That’s probably the most among the passives, but if Specials count here then Draconic Aura probably has the most at 20.

That could be a bit more forgivable, since I don't think we've really had that many inheritable specials added since launch.  I can think of Owain's Blue Flame, and that's about it, compared to A skills, which seems to add at least one a month.

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

That could be a bit more forgivable, since I don't think we've really had that many inheritable specials added since launch.  I can think of Owain's Blue Flame, and that's about it, compared to A skills, which seems to add at least one a month.

Yeah, though it should go noted that there were only six characters (two of which were present at launch) who had Draconic Aura by the time of the first anniversary.

And for a useless fun fact: half of the six Camillas have Draconic Aura (original, New Year’s, Summer).

I'm starting to like Forging Bonds more as it gives me another way to build up HM on characters that I normally wouldn't use for TT. Of course, the rewards are always nice too. But, I will maintain that TT is still my favorite mode in the game because it allows me to grind HM on characters that won't see normal usage. Part of the charm of these 2 modes is that the maps alternate enough that they rotate the maps and the characters on said maps so there's always something fresh. 

Oh, a few more Swift Sparrow facts, 14 of it's natural wielders are female.

Ayra, Eir, Anamnesis Eirika, Nyofai Gunnthra, Ishtar, Lewyn, Glorious Lucina, Brave Lyn, Pale Flower Nino, and Sue could all arguably be considered "Premium" units of their banners.

Only 5 of the wielders possess Death Blow 1 as the base of Swift Sparrow. The rest are Darting Blow 1.

1 hour ago, redlight said:

They seem to think it's a good skill on ranged units.

Seeing as 14 of its wielders are indeed ranged... yeah I could see someone reading a little too into that.

55 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

After checking all the passives I could think of having more than a few wielders, yeah Swift Sparrow has the most wielders of the full skill chain (there's a LOT of holders of, for instance, Spur Atk 1, but not of Spur Atk 3)

I kinda find that Draconic Aura has the most holders kinda funny, considering I don't think anyone actually uses it over Luna/Bonfire/Iceberg if given the option.

48 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Blue Flame is the only one, yeah.

41 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, though it should go noted that there were only six characters (two of which were present at launch) who had Draconic Aura by the time of the first anniversary.

And for a useless fun fact: half of the six Camillas have Draconic Aura (original, New Year’s, Summer).

There is the "lore" gripe about them giving Draconic Aura to characters with no Draconic blood, but they seem to have abandoned that idea a long time ago.

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I kinda find that Draconic Aura has the most holders kinda funny, considering I don't think anyone actually uses it over Luna/Bonfire/Iceberg if given the option.

I think some builds of blade tomes use it, but not sure how common that is.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

There is the "lore" gripe about them giving Draconic Aura to characters with no Draconic blood, but they seem to have abandoned that idea a long time ago.

Yeah, they've dropped that for the most part. Some of them make perfect sense (F!Kana, Julius, Adrift F!Corrin, Duma), others not so much (Keaton, Karla, Maid Kagero, Tibarn, etc.).

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I think some builds of blade tomes use it, but not sure how common that is.

I'm not sure there's anywhere that'd be preferable over Glimmer.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I'm not sure there's anywhere that'd be preferable over Glimmer.

It may have been from builds before Glimmer got its cooldown reduced.

43 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

No event calendar once again. Hopefully tomorrow changes that.

When is Rutger's GHB?  That's the only real thing for the foreseeable future, since it looks like there's no Tempest with this banner.

46 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

This Tap Battles is a huge letdown - did they just remove all the orbs from it?

Are literally all the orbs gone? I see there's none available for the quest, but are they gone from the regular floor rewards on tap battle? Because I won't even bother doing it if that's the case (unless there's coins available).