Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

6 hours ago, Hekselka said:

I'm tier 14 in the Black Knight group.

Can you even see who wins at the end? I didn't see any results at the previous Grand Conquest.

Only if you look at the mode during the downtime between one round ending and another one starting. I think it's 3 hours?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Currently Tier 14, I forget if that's all from yesterday or if I ranked up at all today.  I'm at the Burger King this round.

14 hours ago, Anacybele said:

No special hero silhouettes. :( I thought we'd get them tonight since the banner is on the 19th, four days from now. Tomorrow for sure then!

Oh, huh, I forgot about that. Was hoping for a trailer tonight, but at least we'll get silhouettes tonight.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Oh, huh, I forgot about that. Was hoping for a trailer tonight, but at least we'll get silhouettes tonight.

Yeah, that's at least something. :)

We're really getting pounded from all sides on team BK right now.  There aren't really any good spots to maximize splash points either, with the way our nodes are set up right now.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I'm hoping for two masculine silhouettes tonight.  I hope they don't pull another Easter banner with just one guy.  Maybe a Jugral seasonal this time, since I don't think we've had one for them yet.  I'd love to see Azel, but I doubt they'll ever add him.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I'm hoping for two masculine silhouettes tonight.  I hope they don't pull another Easter banner with just one guy.  Maybe a Jugral seasonal this time, since I don't think we've had one for them yet.  I'd love to see Azel, but I doubt they'll ever add him.

I'd like this too, though if we don't, I won't be too bummed since we got two male silhouettes for the Greil's Devoted banner, which turned out to be Greil himself and Ike.

I'd like bunny Palla since we got Catria last year, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Catria seems to be the only Whitewing that's actually popular to some degree.

I think they're going to reveal silhouettes tomorrow, the trailer the day after, and finally the banner on the day of.

From the look of things, it looks like they're just going to release all of the spring banners without making changes. Kinda wish someone I like would be on there and kinda wish there wouldn't be. 

14 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Not yet, I'm currently sitting at Rank 32 just from the regular stamina.  I might use one or two just to secure a decent rank for the extra feathers, but I won't go all out this round.

Are you less than fond of Sanaki?

I like Sanaki but I like the other two characters, especially her sister, more. I got her on the second round as well so that's quite disappointing. Will save conquest lances, again. 

I have to thank this +10 FH!Robin on my friend list. Could not have cleared the latest GC map without him. 

Apparently I offended some people on Reddit because I said I didn't think the Wave and Brazen skills are good.

Edited by Flying Shogi

5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I'd love to see Azel, but I doubt they'll ever add him.

Actually, if ever get another FE4 Gen 1 banner, Azelle has a high likelihood of getting on it. Of the playable males left, we have:

1. Naoise
  2. Alec
  3. Azelle
  4. Hector on a horse Lex
  5. Young Finn (yes, I count him as a viable alt)
  6. Midir
  7. Dew
  8. Chulainn
  9. Beowolf
  10. Claud of Edda

N & Al seem like stinkers to me, not as meme-worthy as their bud Arden, with zilch in gameplay godliness. Chulainn and Beowolf are blonde forgettables. Young Finn is unlikely, as hopeful as it could be he'd be given better treatment than his Thracia self already in the game.

So there are five to consider. Midir is a Bow Cav- still a rare thing. Dew is a Dagger unit being a Thief, probably Green since he alone can obtain the Sonic Sword in Gen 1. Claud of Edda (so as to not confuse him with Claud of 3H) could bring Valkyria as a personal Staff. Lex would be an Axe Cav, which are relatively uncommon, and he has a reputation of being awesome in FE4 (and indeed he is).

And if Lex came in, Azelle, being his friend who joins with him, could likely be the accompanying male. Azelle might start as a Mage, but he does promote to Mage Knight, and Red Tome Cavalry is a bit less common than Red Tome Infantry.

So, assuming two male slots on the next Genealogy Gen 1 banner, which is not unreasonable despite FEH's love for females (and Gen 1 FE4 has only Erinys, Edain, and Brigid left of them), Azelle stands a fair shot of getting in.

I'd like him. Although I'd expect him to come -Spd for me, since he was definitely Spd screwed in my FE4 run (but because bias, I still gave him the Paragon Band).

5 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Apparently I offended some people on Reddit because I said I didn't think the Wave and Brazen skills are good.

I am not a huge fan of Waves either since they are too inconsistent. Once they add more of them as Sacred Seals, I think they would be decent since you can run two Waves to offset the consistency issue.

As for Brazens, they are pretty good for Aether Raids since Dumas and Bolt Traps are plentiful, so the player does not have to worry about sacrificing first round performance. They are also okay for Arena Assault since you can preview the enemy team and see whether or not the unit can afford to get his HP low.

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I am not a huge fan of Waves either since they are too inconsistent. Once they add more of them as Sacred Seals, I think they would be decent since you can run two Waves to offset the consistency issue.

I think Waves could benefit from a tier 4 upgrade that combines two stat boosts. Like Odd Atk/Even Spd wave. Atk on odd turns and Spd on even turns. Still unreliable since you still have to wait for specific turns to get a specific buff but at least you’ll always have a buff active without having to sacrifice a Seal slot

3 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I think Waves could benefit from a tier 4 upgrade that combines two stat boosts. Like Odd Atk/Even Spd wave. Atk on odd turns and Spd on even turns. Still unreliable since you still have to wait for specific turns to get a specific buff but at least you’ll always have a buff active without having to sacrifice a Seal slot

Unless the buff is ridiculously high or something, simply putting two different Parity Stat Waves together is not going to make it any better in my opinion. It makes optimizing buffs via positioning so awkward that you might as well just run a dedicated buffer with Rally/Link with double Hones/Fortifies. Consistency is a big deal.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Unless the buff is ridiculously high or something, simply putting two different Parity Stat Waves together is not going to make it any better in my opinion. It makes optimizing buffs via positioning so awkward that you might as well just run a dedicated buffer with Rally/Link with double Hones/Fortifies. Consistency is a big deal.

The big draw about Waves though is that a unit can use it to self-buff themselves anywhere on the field instead of having to rely on teammates. Which is a pretty big deal too because you don’t have to adhere to strict positioning requirements, strict team compositions, or waste a slot on a strictly support unit.

5 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

The big draw about Waves though is that a unit can use it to self-buff themselves anywhere on the field instead of having to rely on teammates. Which is a pretty big deal too because you don’t have to adhere to strict positioning requirements, strict team compositions, or waste a slot on a strictly support unit.

Self buffing is nice if it is consistent and reliable, but it is not, so you still need to have teammates to provide buffs during Wave's down time if you want the unit to do anything instead of just sitting around. Waves are just not good enough for Aether Raids since you do not have the time to waste, and it is kind of pointless in Arena since the babysitters/cheerleaders do not need self buffing since they are not supposed to kill things unless absolutely necessary.

16 hours ago, XRay said:

As for Brazens, they are pretty good for Aether Raids since Dumas and Bolt Traps are plentiful, so the player does not have to worry about sacrificing first round performance. They are also okay for Arena Assault since you can preview the enemy team and see whether or not the unit can afford to get his HP low.

I'm still not sold on Brazen skills. Dropping your own HP via traps is a valid strategy but I feel like it's still niche. I rather have my buffs upfront without the extra setup but I do admit that it can be good when set up. 

4 hours ago, XRay said:

Self buffing is nice if it is consistent and reliable, but it is not, so you still need to have teammates to provide buffs during Wave's down time if you want the unit to do anything instead of just sitting around.

This is my main gripe with Wave skills; they are simply not reliable enough for my tastes. There's the fact that Tactic skills reach the same level of boosts and it's more lenient on unit placement. Even if they buff Wave skills up to +8, I still don't see myself using them. Sure, self buff is nice but what if you needed that buff on its off turn and waiting another turn will cost you the map? I rather not drag around a skill(a premium one at that) that's only useful every other turn. 

Edited by Flying Shogi

1 hour ago, Flying Shogi said:

This is my main gripe with Wave skills; they are simply not reliable enough for my tastes. There's the fact that Tactic skills reach the same level of boosts and it's more lenient on unit placement. Even if they buff Wave skills up to +8, I still don't see myself using them. Sure, self buff is nice but what if you needed that buff on its off turn and waiting another turn will cost you the map? I rather not drag around a skill(a premium at that) that's only useful every other turn. 

I agree, especially since the most challenging content in the game are timed in some way, whether AR and GC's strict turn limit, or Abyssal maps' constant reinforcements usually preventing you from buying time

21 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

I'm mixed on Waves~ On the turn they're active, they're great~ But it's like you need a team of them for both Even and Odd turns to get any real use out of them and I don't think most people want to waste that many slots~ I do like memey things like Even Def Wave Seal with Odd Def Wave in the C Slot~ Those are fun~ More Wave Seals would make me use them more for stuff like that~

I personally do like Brazen Skills, though~ Especially for long maps like Abyssals when you know you'll have a unit on low HP for the whole map~ A consistent +7 boost in that case can be really helpful~

22 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Oh boy. You've yet to see how Phoenixmaster offended someone by saying Swift Sparrow is a bit dated

3 minutes ago, redlight said:

Oh boy. You've yet to see how Phoenixmaster offended someone by saying Swift Sparrow is a bit dated

Swift Sparrow is a lot less optimal now that Fury is better in almost every way with All Stat +4 on both phases and you get guaranteed recoil for Desperation. The only way it is worse is that it makes the unit more likely to be Chilled.

18 minutes ago, XRay said:

Swift Sparrow is a lot less optimal now that Fury is better in almost every way with All Stat +4 on both phases and you get guaranteed recoil for Desperation. The only way it is worse is that it makes the unit more likely to be Chilled.

Fury 4 isn't exactly common, but still being 5* locked makes no sense for Swift Sparrow, considering how powercrept it has become.

4 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I've offended the shit out of 3+ people on this very sub forum by complaining about not having enough bonus units for a TT auto battle team. People get offended.

I just think it's funny that the people I apparently offended didn't like that I voiced my opinion on a post that asked for an opinion. Some people forget that people play the game differently and thus have varied preferences.