Jump to content
eclipse

Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Fury 4 isn't exactly common, but still being 5* locked makes no sense for Swift Sparrow, considering how powercrept it has become.

People will go back when they introduce Swift Sparrow 4

Don't worry, it'll be +5 to Atk and Spd. Since Hone Spd 4 teaches us they don't have the be the same distance in quality each rank

Edited by Glennstavos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

People will go back when they introduce Swift Sparrow 4

Don't worry, it'll be +5 to Atk and Spd. Since Hone Spd 4 teaches us they don't have the be the same distance in quality each rank

I hope they make Swift Sparrow 2 a 4* skill long before Swift Sparrow 3 (or 4) becomes a thing.  I've always hated the idea of killing a perfectly good 5* for a skill that's only marginally better than other more plentiful options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Fury 4 isn't exactly common, but still being 5* locked makes no sense for Swift Sparrow, considering how powercrept it has become.

They might still have occasional nightmares about when Player Phase units dominated the meta, although they released VS!Azura recently so I am not sure what the holdup on Swift Sparrow is.

11 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

People will go back when they introduce Swift Sparrow 4

Don't worry, it'll be +5 to Atk and Spd. Since Hone Spd 4 teaches us they don't have the be the same distance in quality each rank

That will be a sad day for Player Phase units and players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, XRay said:

That will be a sad day for Player Phase units and players.

Can't be any worse than the day Steady Stance 4 was added, can it? Or am I tempting fate here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, XRay said:

They might still have occasional nightmares about when Player Phase units dominated the meta, although they released VS!Azura recently so I am not sure what the holdup on Swift Sparrow is.

That will be a sad day for Player Phase units and players.

+6 buff to every stat isn't strictly a player phase unit buff though.

8 minutes ago, Johann said:

Can't be any worse than the day Steady Stance 4 was added, can it? Or am I tempting fate here

It can always be worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

People will go back when they introduce Swift Sparrow 4

Don't worry, it'll be +5 to Atk and Spd. Since Hone Spd 4 teaches us they don't have the be the same distance in quality each rank

If we ever get Swift Sparrow 3, I do think it'll be +6. So far, Tier 4 skills have all gained at least the functionality of one tier of the rest of the skill's progression. Sometimes more, but never less.

It's also worth considering Steady Impact. With its additional functionality (+10 Def instead of +6 and the anti-follow-up effect), it has more of a case to compare reasonably to a typical +6 Swift Sparrow 3 than Sturdy Blow had to compare to regular Swift Sparrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Grand Conquests, I wish they treated your home node as a bonus node, so for those times when you're up against a wall, it's at least a bit easier to defend the little territory you have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

+6 buff to every stat isn't strictly a player phase unit buff though.

But the Atk/Spd +6 is only active during Player Phase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, XRay said:

But the Atk/Spd +6 is only active during Player Phase.

Don't the buffs last until the end of the turn?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Don't the buffs last until the end of the turn?

I am not sure we are talking about the same thing. Swift Sparrow gives Atk/Spd+6 during Player Phase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am not sure we are talking about the same thing. Swift Sparrow gives Atk/Spd+6 during Player Phase.

Isn't it +4 to Atk and Spd?

And no we weren't talking about the same thing.  I was referring to LegAzura's dance buff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Isn't it +4 to Atk and Spd?

And no we weren't talking about the same thing.  I was referring to LegAzura's dance buff.

Oh yeah, I totally had a brain fart on so many different levels. I get what you mean now.

For VS!Azura, she benefits Player Phase units the most in my opinion because Player Phase units really like that extra movement buff, and with fliers and infantry buffed to 3 movement spaces, she essentially turns them into cavalry units, which is sort of weird because they spent the whole of 2018 nerfing ponies with trenches and lower BST.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Fury 4 isn't exactly common, but still being 5* locked makes no sense for Swift Sparrow, considering how powercrept it has become.

Swift Sparrow hasn't been powercrept, even by the loose definition. Fury 4 is technically a side-grade and not a strict upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't- so I heard someone try to justify it- the reason why level 4 was invented (at least so it seemed initially), was to equalize dual and mono stat boost skills? Swift Sparrow 2 is 8 points total, Death Blow 3 was only 6, Death Blow 4 resolved this difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wasn't- so I heard someone try to justify it- the reason why level 4 was invented (at least so it seemed initially), was to equalize dual and mono stat boost skills? Swift Sparrow 2 is 8 points total, Death Blow 3 was only 6, Death Blow 4 resolved this difference.

And then Sturdy Impact went and gave +16 points total AND disabled the foes follow-up attack.

That's double what DB4 gives. I honestly don't think there's any balance in these level 4 skills anymore.

Edited by Xenomata

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

And then Sturdy Impact went and gave +16 points total AND disabled the foes follow-up attack.

That's double what DB4 gives.

As I said, that was the initial reasoning. How things start and how things actually end up differ oftentimes with FEH. Anyone remember all the high hopes for the narrative of Book 2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wasn't- so I heard someone try to justify it- the reason why level 4 was invented (at least so it seemed initially), was to equalize dual and mono stat boost skills? Swift Sparrow 2 is 8 points total, Death Blow 3 was only 6, Death Blow 4 resolved this difference.

I don't really trust them right now.

Saying they're trying not to appear greedy, then not demoting any units and decreasing the amount of Quest Orbs right after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wasn't- so I heard someone try to justify it- the reason why level 4 was invented (at least so it seemed initially), was to equalize dual and mono stat boost skills? Swift Sparrow 2 is 8 points total, Death Blow 3 was only 6, Death Blow 4 resolved this difference.

A pet theory and nothing more.

 

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

And then Sturdy Impact went and gave +16 points total AND disabled the foes follow-up attack.

That's double what DB4 gives. I honestly don't think there's any balance in these level 4 skills anymore.

+10 Def on initiation is perfectly reasonable.

Point-for-point, HP, Def, and Res are less valuable than Atk and Spd. There's a reason refines and Legendary and Mythic blessings grant more points for Def and Res than for Spd or Atk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Swift Sparrow as much as the next guy, but really IS?

Eir, NY!Gunnthra, Bath Elise, Naesala, Valentine's Mist, Sue, Spring Palla...

If Swift Sparrow doesn't drop into the 4* pool or something soon, I'm going to start getting really concerned that they're forgetting other A Skills exist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I like Swift Sparrow as much as the next guy, but really IS?

Eir, NY!Gunnthra, Bath Elise, Naesala, Valentine's Mist, Sue, Spring Palla...

If Swift Sparrow doesn't drop into the 4* pool or something soon, I'm going to start getting really concerned that they're forgetting other A Skills exist

I think IS sees Naesala as their way of dropping Swift Sparrow despite needing some very costly resources and Naesala only coming in limited quantities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love for more of the Stance skills to drop to the 4* pool. There's a bunch of characters I'd like to throw Fierce Stance. Hell a lot of the Stances like Bracing Stance and Kestrel Stance barely even exist in the five star pool, what with being limited to a single rather rate unit.

Edited by Jotari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I think IS sees Naesala as their way of dropping Swift Sparrow despite needing some very costly resources and Naesala only coming in limited quantities.

I'm pretty sure they see any freebie unit as sufficient access to rarer skills to never drop them ever again.

I've been working under the assumption that we'll never get Goad Armor or Hone Fliers in the 4-star pool ever simply because Valentine Eliwood and Onsen Camilla have it.

And it's really frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I like Swift Sparrow as much as the next guy, but really IS?

Eir, NY!Gunnthra, Bath Elise, Naesala, Valentine's Mist, Sue, Spring Palla...

If Swift Sparrow doesn't drop into the 4* pool or something soon, I'm going to start getting really concerned that they're forgetting other A Skills exist

And they very easily could've given it to Selkie too in order to make it a clean sweep, but they somehow resisted.

Also for as many units that have Swift Sparrow at this point, only three of them have it as their 4-star unlock with only one of them being a regular summon (pega Nino, sly devil Niles, Eir).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fury 4 is technically a side-grade and not a strict upgrade.

Practically speaking though, Fury is still superior to Swift Sparrow in almost every way until Swift Sparrow 3 comes along. Fury is active in both phases so the nuke has an option to function as a tank during its first round of combat, and the recoil damage helps the unit get into Desperation range easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, XRay said:

Practically speaking though, Fury is still superior to Swift Sparrow in almost every way until Swift Sparrow 3 comes along. Fury is active in both phases so the nuke has an option to function as a tank during its first round of combat, and the recoil damage helps the unit get into Desperation range easier.

While that may be true, the actual match-ups are largely unchanged. Units running Fury 4 will convert a handful of losses into better outcomes, but it's not usually all that substantial. For example, Nino only flips a single-digit number of match-ups against the current Hard List.

On the downside, the unit is more likely to be targeted by Chill skills, and the recoil damage can be detrimental in Aether Raids where losing HP can cause the unit to be hit by structures' debuffs, all of which costs you actions.

Neither the benefits nor the demerits are particularly substantial, which pretty much defines a side-grade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...