• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

For the last round, I'm on Team Black Knight. I couldn't get Micaiah once. :(:

So many conquest lances saved up, for nothing. 

Wanna trade?

Spoiler

20GtSdI.png?1

I was with BK the last two rounds, so naturally this happens in the one round where I didn't get BK.

I got BK twice, and now I'm on Sanaki.  I strongly prefer BK or Micaiah, so it's sad the time I'm going to splurge my lances is on the team I'm ambivalent towards...

It would be nice to pick our teams on these.  Let us at least rank them, or put that we're neutral, and balance the best we can (so neutral would get assigned almost exclusively to the lighter teams).  Ah well.

Am I the only one who doesn't at all remember or pay attention to whose team I'm on?

Or even what color my team is? (I play contested nodes entirely based on the map layout and sometimes realize I'm on a different color's team than I thought I was.)

I got Black Knight all three rounds. First time I never got to change teams. Huh.

On another topic, Squad Assaults are still far too hard imo. If I can only clear like three of them after years of trying now, yeah, they need their difficulty lowered. Probably need to lower the HP and maybe some stats.

Edited by Anacybele

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Am I the only one who doesn't at all remember or pay attention to whose team I'm on?

Or even what color my team is? (I play contested nodes entirely based on the map layout and sometimes realize I'm on a different color's team than I thought I was.)

Same. It doesn't seem significant to me.

I've been on each of the teams once, in order of decreasing fondness.

Also, I'm really not liking the idea of so many of our tempest trials going to the seasonal units. Much as people may have complained about TT units being generally "bad" at least we were getting new characters that may have not been in the game otherwise. But with the recent seasonal TT shit, we've lost even that.

I don't mind TT seasonals. But I do wish we'd still get some TTs that brought in characters that were never in the game before too.

So anyone got ideas for me on how to clear more Squad Assaults? I always use my best units and counters for the enemies on the map, but even they have trouble killing them a lot because of the very inflated HP/stats.

I don't want to keep missing out on these orbs. Especially right now since I won't be able to access my money for ten days due to...reasons.

Well, I mean I don't mind the occasional seasonal TT myself. But I think this will be the fifth TT in a row that was seasonal. Actually, if I'm looking at the heroic grails properly, every TT reward since ETHLYN has been an alt of some kind. Halloween Dorcas. Young Azura. Winter Cecilia. New Year's Laegjarn. Hot Springs Camilla. Valentine's Titania. And now Spring Loki. These could have been upwards to seven new units. Personally, I'm getting a little sick of it.

Team placement was Black Knight/Black Knight/Sanaki for me. Would have liked to have been on Black Knight's team all three rounds or put on Micaiah's team at least once but oh well. Next time Grand Conquest comes around the theme will probably be based on Ylisse so it will most likely be Chrom, M!Robin and Lucina as the team leaders.

13 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, I mean I don't mind the occasional seasonal TT myself. But I think this will be the fifth TT in a row that was seasonal. Actually, if I'm looking at the heroic grails properly, every TT reward since ETHLYN has been an alt of some kind. Halloween Dorcas. Young Azura. Winter Cecilia. New Year's Laegjarn. Hot Springs Camilla. Valentine's Titania. And now Spring Loki. These could have been upwards to seven new units. Personally, I'm getting a little sick of it.

Yeah, I get that, that's why I rather agree, we need more brand new characters as TT units again.

20 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I get that, that's why I rather agree, we need more brand new characters as TT units again.

Looks like the last 6 have been female alts at that.  It used to be they at least tried to keep the boy/girl ratio balanced by making a guy the freebie, but now it's pretty much always 3-4 girls to one guy.  I think Valentines is the only seasonal banner in the last year that had more guys than girls or was even equal.

12 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

If you need something to blame, then blame Forging Bonds. No banner so far has gotten both a Forging Bonds event and a Tempest Trials, and every "New Heroes" banner since Ylissean Travelers has gotten a Forging Bonds event except

• Doorway to Destiny, which had a Tempest Trials,
  • Generals of Muspell, which had no associated event, and
  • Adrift, which had a Tempest Trials.

I’m in the I’d rather have an alt of a character that I like rather than a newly introduced character I never heard of group. Even with a handful of liked characters I want released and a few I doubt will ever be released.

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you need something to blame, then blame Forging Bonds. No banner so far has gotten both a Forging Bonds event and a Tempest Trials, and every "New Heroes" banner since Ylissean Travelers has gotten a Forging Bonds event except

• Doorway to Destiny, which had a Tempest Trials,
  • Generals of Muspell, which had no associated event, and
  • Adrift, which had a Tempest Trials.

I don't even like Forging Bonds, so I have no problem blaming that either. They could've also not done the Hot Spring banner this year and made it a normal new heroes banner with a regular unit, or maybe give the seasonal units a forging bonds.

Edited by Sunwoo

27 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Eh, it depends on how you look at it.

The current system is that each banner gets one free unit, either GHB or TT. For a seasonal banner, it's always a TT unit. The next TT character will probably be a new one, since April has never had an alt banner before.

More generally, I think this is a good time to compare new characters introduced up to this point in 2019 vs 2018.

2018: 12 (Micaiah, Sothe, Zelgius, Oliver, Myrrh, L'Arachel, Marisa, Lyon, Hardin, Female Morgan, Male Morgan, Gerome)

2019: 18 (Tibarn, Nailah, Leanne, Reyson, Naesala, Duma, Greil, Kaden, Keaton, Selkie, Velouria, Panne, Idunn, Sue, Lugh, Thea, Rutger, Bruno)

Also, the upcoming mythic will probably turn it into 19 vs 12 by the end of the month.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So anyone got ideas for me on how to clear more Squad Assaults? I always use my best units and counters for the enemies on the map, but even they have trouble killing them a lot because of the very inflated HP/stats.

I don't want to keep missing out on these orbs. Especially right now since I won't be able to access my money for ten days due to...reasons.

Make sure your counters are running Glimmer-Breaker in addition to their Gem Weapon/Triangle Adept. You also want them to be 4*+10 with +Atk Asset. You may also want to give them Attack +1 Sacred Seals as well as supplying them with Hone Atk and/or Spur Atk buffs, but I have not found that necessary.

I also recommend running Player Phase teams since they can deal really high damage via Blade mages and quad Brave archers, and with a Dancer/Singer on the team, they can rush maps with turn limits.

9 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I don't even like Forging Bonds, so I have no problem blaming that either. They could've also not done the Hot Spring banner this year and made it a normal new heroes banner with a regular unit, or maybe give the seasonal units a forging bonds.

But Forging Bonds has gotten a lot better since it first started. It's no longer summoner worship, it's conversations between the Askrs and the associated characters and with some neat insight on the characters, like how Leanne talked to Narcian lol and how Lugh tried to learn to ride a horse or Pegasus, but just wasn't cut out for it. And Sue wondering why her grandpa hasn't been summonable yet. It's been neat stuff now!

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Make sure your counters are running Glimmer-Breaker in addition to their Gem Weapon/Triangle Adept. You also want them to be 4*+10 with +Atk Asset. You may also want to give them Attack +1 Sacred Seals as well as supplying them with Hone Atk and/or Spur Atk buffs, but I have not found that necessary.

I also recommend running Player Phase teams since they can deal really high damage via Blade mages and quad Brave archers, and with a Dancer/Singer on the team, they can rush maps with turn limits.

I don't have enough of those to go around though. And I'm not sure many players would period. You do know each SA requires five different teams, right?

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But Forging Bonds has gotten a lot better since it first started. It's no longer summoner worship, it's conversations between the Askrs and the associated characters and with some neat insight on the characters, like how Leanne talked to Narcian lol and how Lugh tried to learn to ride a horse or Pegasus, but just wasn't cut out for it. And Sue wondering why her grandpa hasn't been summonable yet. It's been neat stuff now!

Well, I can't really argue with that. It has gotten better in writing quality, but because I really don't play Heroes for the writing I honestly prefer the freebie unit from TT as well as its other rewards. Forging Bonds gives me a ton of feathers, which is nice, but I usually don't care for its other rewards much.

55 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't mind TT seasonals. But I do wish we'd still get some TTs that brought in characters that were never in the game before too.

Which specific maps are you having trouble with?

I haven't usually found the high stats to be an issue. Just means you need to hit them more times, really. It should be easy enough to have enough tanks that can take the damage they can deal, just need to pick your battles and keep them from hitting anyone else.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, I can't really argue with that. It has gotten better in writing quality, but because I really don't play Heroes for the writing I honestly prefer the freebie unit from TT as well as its other rewards. Forging Bonds gives me a ton of feathers, which is nice, but I usually don't care for its other rewards much.

I do admit that the rewards in FB don't often impress me much, but the feathers are nice, yeah. And I see.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Which specific maps are you having trouble with?

I haven't usually found the high stats to be an issue. Just means you need to hit them more times, really. It should be easy enough to have enough tanks that can take the damage they can deal, just need to pick your battles and keep them from hitting anyone else.

Most of them. I've only cleared the first, third, fifth, seventh, and ninth ones. ...The odd numbered ones so far. Yeah...odd. lol