Jump to content
eclipse

Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, Othin said:

This is what I was hoping for. Outside of the armors, the Year 1 seasonals are all pretty tame. And even the armors wouldn't really just be getting given away, you'd have to pull for them on one of the seasonal banners at worse-than-focus odds.

Exactly, other than the armors and maybe Bridelia the seasonal units are lackluster and rarely seen.  I don't even think it would hurt revenue, might even increase it while at the same time showing IS in a very positive light.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

As much as I love DaL designs and some of the armors wouldn’t be so inmersion-breaking, I really hope this never happens. Differently from the majority of gatchas, many people play this game because it’s Fire Emblem, not because is a gatcha mobile game

Fair enough.  I only play(ed) FEH because I played the other games in the series.  Personally, I don't like the concept of gacha/hero collector games, since they prey on people's love of anime girls.  HOWEVER, it would be cool to use my favorite anime characters in a game since they never get localized stateside.  

Good to see another Date a Live fan on here though.  Ironically, I told myself if I spent the whole month of March without playing Heroes or using Twitter I'd let myself buy whatever anime figurine I wanted, which will probably be Kurumi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Nooooooo!  There were much better ways to do this.  Perhaps grails would make it too easy.  However what if they appeared as 4-5 star units in current seasonal banners?  Not easy to get, and would encourage people who may not be interested in current seasonal to pull so they can get the 2017 seasonals.  

Someone will have to explain to me how this is better. If they're not interested in the current Seasonals, why would they pull from them to get older units when they could be blocked by units they don't want at all? Because I'm sure you have a much better chance to get a focus unit than one of the 2017 ones randomly set to a 4* appearance rate out of all of the current 4* units in the pool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Because I'm sure you have a much better chance to get a focus unit than one of the 2017 ones randomly set to a 4* appearance rate out of all of the current 4* units in the pool.

At base rates on a 4-character banner, you are about 1.4× as likely to pull a focus unit as a 4-star-exclusive unit.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Someone will have to explain to me how this is better. If they're not interested in the current Seasonals, why would they pull from them to get older units when they could be blocked by units they don't want at all? Because I'm sure you have a much better chance to get a focus unit than one of the 2017 ones randomly set to a 4* appearance rate out of all of the current 4* units in the pool.

Personally, PA Olivia and Dancer Xander are both units I'd like, but aren't really at the point where I'd pull for just one of them at a 3% rate. But if the rerun of Dancer Xander's banner also had PA Olivia in the 4* pool, giving colorless like a 3% chance of being Xander and like a 2% chance of being Olivia for a total of 5% chance of being one of the two, that would have been a lot more compelling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they didn't want to throw the first year seasonals into the random 4* pool for seasonal banners, I wish they'd have changed the banner to a 4* focus banner, like we got a couple of last year.  It's too bad IS decided that 4* focus were a bad idea.

3 hours ago, Xenovia said:

Fair enough.  I only play(ed) FEH because I played the other games in the series.  Personally, I don't like the concept of gacha/hero collector games, since they prey on people's love of anime girls.  HOWEVER, it would be cool to use my favorite anime characters in a game since they never get localized stateside.  

Good to see another Date a Live fan on here though.  Ironically, I told myself if I spent the whole month of March without playing Heroes or using Twitter I'd let myself buy whatever anime figurine I wanted, which will probably be Kurumi.

Maybe IFI releasing Rio Reincarnation stateside will help generate a bit more interest in the series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

At base rates on a 4-character banner, you are about 1.4× as likely to pull a focus unit as a 4-star-exclusive unit.

I don't know, if the person's not interested in the Banner in the first place, would such a low chance really be an incentive to pull?

31 minutes ago, Othin said:

Personally, PA Olivia and Dancer Xander are both units I'd like, but aren't really at the point where I'd pull for just one of them at a 3% rate. But if the rerun of Dancer Xander's banner also had PA Olivia in the 4* pool, giving colorless like a 3% chance of being Xander and like a 2% chance of being Olivia for a total of 5% chance of being one of the two, that would have been a lot more compelling.

There's some cases where I could see it, such as if you are interested in both characters. But I don't find the idea of dumping older units on newer Banners that appealing. I already have the risk of pulling Summer Xander when 2017 Summer reruns, I don't want the chance to pull Elise as a potential 4* to be even smaller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This reminds me, I wish IS would bring back the 4 star focus banners. Those gave good chances to get a lot of fodder and merges for some characters. I'm having a real hard time getting the last two male Morgans I need, so if he got a 4 star focus banner, I'd be a real happy player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

This reminds me, I wish IS would bring back the 4 star focus banners. Those gave good chances to get a lot of fodder and merges for some characters. I'm having a real hard time getting the last two male Morgans I need, so if he got a 4 star focus banner, I'd be a real happy player.

I was able to +10 my Rachel by pulling on one of those.  I wonder why they stopped doing them, they were very popular, and they didn't really require any extra work on IS's part.  From a business standpoint, they could also serve as really good bait banners, if you want to be cynical about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I was able to +10 my Rachel by pulling on one of those.  I wonder why they stopped doing them, they were very popular, and they didn't really require any extra work on IS's part.  From a business standpoint, they could also serve as really good bait banners, if you want to be cynical about it.

Yeah, exactly. I got some of my Fredericks from the one he appeared in too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2018: "Where are the 4 star focus banners?"
  • 2019: "Where are all our F2P orbs going?"
  • 2020: "Has anybody seen Tap Battle???"

For me, personally. I'm still rooting for old seasonals as purchasable 4 stars with Heroic Grails. From what we've seen, the purchasable units are a list that can be updated whenever they feel its appropriate (like, say, two years after their initial appearance), and by still holding these 5 star banners once a year, they can continue to earn at least some orbs from player looking to top off their merge projects with a good Boon that can only be obtained by summoning. Plus it would be the most friendly solution for completionists like myself. I doubt 2017 seasonals will reappear on Legendary banners, so the odds of obtaining them aren't getting higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

This reminds me, I wish IS would bring back the 4 star focus banners. Those gave good chances to get a lot of fodder and merges for some characters. I'm having a real hard time getting the last two male Morgans I need, so if he got a 4 star focus banner, I'd be a real happy player.

I’d prefer if they just make it so every banner has a 4* and 3* focuses. Like if they make a banner featuring Shinon, Gatrie, Boyd, and Rhys then they should have Soren, Titania, and Oscar with their summoning rate up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I’d prefer if they just make it so every banner has a 4* and 3* focuses. Like if they make a banner featuring Shinon, Gatrie, Boyd, and Rhys then they should have Soren, Titania, and Oscar with their summoning rate up.

That's not a bad idea either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I’d prefer if they just make it so every banner has a 4* and 3* focuses. Like if they make a banner featuring Shinon, Gatrie, Boyd, and Rhys then they should have Soren, Titania, and Oscar with their summoning rate up.

I'd like to see them bring back the "Fighting GHB" banners, that would give a chance to bring back old units from the same game, since GHBs always have a banner with them now, except Gharnef.

Also, I wish they reran the BHB banners when they brought the BHB back, I"m not sure why they don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They could also just rerun every Focus annually like how they rerun Special Heroes Foci.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Also, I wish they reran the BHB banners when they brought the BHB back, I"m not sure why they don't.

Agreed, I never understood why they don't rerun them~ A lot of them are units that don't get focus Banners that often and there's ones such as Hector's that I'm sure a lot of people would pull for so there's not much harm in rerunning them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, seems like the HM farming guides all use f2p units I don't have. Oh well, more luck next week.

23 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Agreed, I never understood why they don't rerun them~ A lot of them are units that don't get focus Banners that often and there's ones such as Hector's that I'm sure a lot of people would pull for so there's not much harm in rerunning them.

Yeah it really sucks because there's some units I'm interested in getting like Tana, Julia, Hector and Elincia. Either give us banners for them or just demote them already so we can actually get some of the BHB units more reliably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hekselka said:

Damn, seems like the HM farming guides all use f2p units I don't have. Oh well, more luck next week.

Yeah it really sucks because there's some units I'm interested in getting like Tana, Julia, Hector and Elincia. Either give us banners for them or just demote them already so we can actually get some of the BHB units more reliably.

What units are you missing? I've come across a good two or three guides today with a bunch of different units that could work for you~

Really hoping some demotes for units like Julia, Alm, and Linde come soon. They have nothing that should make them remain 5* locked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

What units are you missing? I've come across a good two or three guides today with a bunch of different units that could work for you~

Really hoping some demotes for units like Julia, Alm, and Linde come soon. They have nothing that should make them remain 5* locked.

The ones I've seen have used a 5 star Naesala, 5 star Ethlyn and 5 star Laevathein and I don't have any of those.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hekselka said:

The ones I've seen have used a 5 star Naesala, 5 star Ethlyn and 5 star Laegjarn* and I don't have any of those.

Do you have Groom Marth? Though I'm sure any Axe Cav can work~

Spoiler

 

All you need otherwise is a WOM dancer and 2 ranged WOM units

Valentine's Titania an option?

Spoiler

 

Another Ethlyn, yes, but really you just need a ranged Cav that can survive and to use Pass afterwards. This is the strategy I'm using this week. I'm using Leo in place of Titania.

Let me know if these are no good and I'll try to find some others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

Do you have Groom Marth? Though I'm sure any Axe Cav can work~

  Hide contents

 

All you need otherwise is a WOM dancer and 2 ranged WOM units

Valentine's Titania an option?

  Hide contents

 

Another Ethlyn, yes, but really you just need a ranged Cav that can survive and to use Pass afterwards. This is the strategy I'm using this week. I'm using Leo in place of Titania.

Let me know if these are no good and I'll try to find some others.

I don't have Groom Marth either. I stopped playing around the Thracia banner and started playing again when Camilla got her hot springs alt. I tried it with Walhart and Frederik but since they were both 4 star they missed out on something to kill Mathilda.

I do have Valentine Titania but I assume that because of Ethlyn's def. stat + her bond skill activation she only had to deal with the AI Mathilda attacking her. When I try to do it with my cavalry ranged units Bartre/Flora try to kill them instead of going after Titania.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

I don't have Groom Marth either. I stopped playing around the Thracia banner and started playing again when Camilla got her hot springs alt. I tried it with Walhart and Frederik but since they were both 4 star they missed out on something to kill Mathilda.

I do have Valentine Titania but I assume that because of Ethlyn's def. stat + her bond skill activation she only had to deal with the AI Mathilda attacking her. When I try to do it with my cavalry ranged units Bartre/Flora try to kill them instead of going after Titania.

What are their stats (Walhart, Frederick)? You can use Seals and put buffs on the units surrounding them to give them enough power to kill Mathilda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, XRay said:

They could also just rerun every Focus annually like how they rerun Special Heroes Foci.

Odd idea... but what if they make so many summoning focuses, they can eventually just run like 2 or 3 per day and have them rotate in and out, regardless of type, age, or seasonal/legendary?

Kinda like how they handled the anniversary summoning focis both annis, but probably something only for once the game reaches the end of its life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/03/2019 at 10:38 PM, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Eh, Micaiah and the Black Knight aren't really two of my favorites, and I'm kinda eh on Sanaki as well.

I was on Lyn's team for the first two rounds, then it sadly switched me to someone else's team. I used all my lances when I was on Lyn's team because I had no idea if I'd be with her all three rounds. For the last round, I just used whatever I had leftover.

Out of curiosity do you dislike them?

When you were off team Lyn, did you avoid attacking Lyn's territories and instead focused on the other one? That's what I did with Micaiah lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Out of curiosity do you dislike them?

When you were off team Lyn, did you avoid attacking Lyn's territories and instead focused on the other one? That's what I did with Micaiah lol. 

Nah there's very few FE characters I actually *dislike.* It's more that they're just not really characters I would rank as favorites or as high as most others.

And nah I didn't really pay attention to which territories I was attacking, just that they were territories I could attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...