Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

So you just need to survive. Shouldn't be too hard. Who have you been using for this map? Obviously you're going to want to use tanky EP units~

Silas is one since he tanks just as well as Frederick. I built him similarly. Brave Lyn because she's good no matter what. I should probably try using GD Ike, he seems like he can take on anything since I've had him survive blue mages on more than on occasion, partly thanks to Radiant Aether. And I use a dancer.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

@Anacybele The SA +CC thread was pretty good in the early days, I'll point to it. I'd like to see discussion come back to it honestly, even as people seem to not have issue as it's clear not everyone's the same.

I have no 5* +10 units by the way, it's all about using units with particular builds (The highest I have is M!Marth on +3 (Edit: Forgot Canas is on +6 now. Or is it +7?)). I'll point to my clear of the 6th as an example (I was still 100% FTP at this point), it has the skills that deviated from the base build listed and how I fought and is probably one of my most detailed.

Edited by Dayni

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Silas is one since he tanks just as well as Frederick. I built him similarly. Brave Lyn because she's good no matter what. I should probably try using GD Ike, he seems like he can take on anything since I've had him survive blue mages on more than on occasion, partly thanks to Radiant Aether. And I use a dancer.

Hmm, if I remember this map correctly, is it the one where you're boxed in at the top? You're attacked up front by a lot of ranged enemies, so do you have any units that can counterattack besides Ike? He can deal with Soren and the bows. The melee horses comes as later reinforcements, I'm sure Freddy and Silas can handle them

Edited by Landmaster

Oh squad assaults?  Yeah sometimes you'll have to repeat and the ones with time limits are incredibly annoying especially when it is several maps later.  However, and I am FTP and more of a collector than an investor, and have been able to clear a good portion of them.  They are just time consuming, but I don't see anything really holding me back besides that.

Oh I see people saying since we got Yune that means the new hero banner is likely to be Tellius, but is there really a connection like that?  We didn't get an Echoes banner after Duma, we didn't get a New Mystery banner after Legendary Marth.  Hey it would be cool, and since really all the beasts (besides Fates/Awakening of which we have everyone except Yarne) are Tellius that seems like a good chance.  

13 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Hmm, if I remember this map correctly, is it the one where you're boxed in at the top? You're attacked up front by a lot of ranged enemies, so do you have any units that can counterattack besides Ike? He can deal with Soren and the bows. The melee horses comes as later reinforcements, I'm sure Freddy and Silas can handle them

Yep, that team I came up with ended up making it easy! GD Ike and Silas did most of the tanking, I just had Lyn kill one or two units and Reyson dance a couple times. He also had to attack once. Silas is such a good blue Freddy that he even could take zero damage from the axe horse AND one-round him. lol

I actually did not have to deal with Soren, I was able to keep far from him and enemy Ike. I ended up ending the fight in the top right corner.

Btw, I always use Freddy on the first team in a SA because I don't get to preview the enemies in the first map. So I just start with my horse team which always clears those first ones.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yep, that team I came up with ended up making it easy! GD Ike and Silas did most of the tanking, I just had Lyn kill one or two units and Reyson dance a couple times. He also had to attack once. Silas is such a good blue Freddy that he even could take zero damage from the axe horse AND one-round him. lol

I actually did not have to deal with Soren, I was able to keep far from him and enemy Ike. I ended up ending the fight in the top right corner.

Btw, I always use Freddy on the first team in a SA because I don't get to preview the enemies in the first map. So I just start with my horse team which always clears those first ones.

Perfect~ Glad you got it~ I will be going to class soon, so I can't help you with the other maps but if you still need help later, we can use the SA Thread like Dayni suggested~

9 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Perfect~ Glad you got it~ I will be going to class soon, so I can't help you with the other maps but if you still need help later, we can use the SA Thread like Dayni suggested~

I thought that thread was too old now. But if it isn't, sure, yeah!

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I thought that thread was too old now. But if it isn't, sure, yeah!

It's better for the older SAs, but it'd be nice to get some discussion going there for newer ones.

I tend to not really have issues myself, but I've already given an example for one you said you hadn't done and I could discuss more from there, especially where I didn't fill in details (or at all for 2 or 4. Sorry, I forgot them)

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

Oh I see people saying since we got Yune that means the new hero banner is likely to be Tellius, but is there really a connection like that?  We didn't get an Echoes banner after Duma, we didn't get a New Mystery banner after Legendary Marth.  Hey it would be cool, and since really all the beasts (besides Fates/Awakening of which we have everyone except Yarne) are Tellius that seems like a good chance.  

Usually we'd have Banners prior to the Legendary Hero from the same game as them, not after for the cases when that happened (CMIIW)~ Even if it was the case, I don't expect Tellius as the new Heroes Banner. I feel like Jugdral is likely, personally~

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

Usually we'd have Banners prior to the Legendary Hero from the same game as them, not after for the cases when that happened (CMIIW)~ Even if it was the case, I don't expect Tellius as the new Heroes Banner. I feel like Jugdral is likely, personally~

Hey I'd be down with it either way, especially if Tellius is more beasts.  I'm really wondering why they won't release another Echoes banner though it seems long overdue.  

41 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Hey I'd be down with it either way, especially if Tellius is more beasts.  I'm really wondering why they won't release another Echoes banner though it seems long overdue.  

Maybe because their only viable options left to use are Silque and Conrad.

Edited by Troykv

I love FE15 and I still don't see it as a high priority for a new banner. It's got most of its cast already, there are lots of other games that need the attention more.

30 minutes ago, Troykv said:

What do you mean 'viable' there are way more playable story characters besides those.  Tatiana would be awesome, so would Valdibar or Kamui or Mycen or Emperor Rudolf, the list goes on and on.  

11 minutes ago, Othin said:

I love FE15 and I still don't see it as a high priority for a new banner. It's got most of its cast already, there are lots of other games that need the attention more.

I don't think we are getting Thracia though.

20 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

What do you mean 'viable' there are way more playable story characters besides those.  Tatiana would be awesome, so would Valdibar or Kamui or Mycen or Emperor Rudolf, the list goes on and on.  

Oh; I personally see Tatiana as a viable choice; but not exactly someone with priority... the other character aren't exactly appealing for the gacha; so they would be lucky of appearing after Tatiana, Silque and Conrad.

25 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

FE5 isn't the only game more in need of attention. FE4, FE7, FE8, FE9, and FE10 all also have a lot more left than SOV.

30 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Oh; I personally see Tatiana as a viable choice; but not exactly someone with priority... the other character aren't exactly appealing for the gacha; so they would be lucky of appearing after Tatiana, Silque and Conrad.

Rinea is a lovely flower, Emperor Rudolf and his complex relationship with his son, Valdibar is a man's man oh and an actual armor in game!  I think they can market these characters if done right.  Any female it is easy as hell, that goes for any Fire Emblem game, just make them powerful and sexy, $$$ can't fail.  Males are harder indeed, but good art and design can help.  

24 minutes ago, Othin said:

FE5 isn't the only game more in need of attention. FE4, FE7, FE8, FE9, and FE10 all also have a lot more left than SOV.

Well Echoes has a small cast so I wouldn't be surprised.  So all those games have more playable characters not in than Echoes?  

2 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Well Echoes has a small cast so I wouldn't be surprised.  So all those games have more playable characters not in than Echoes?  

SOV is currently only missing 14 of its 34 playable characters, and that's if we count Zeke as missing. I haven't counted for the others, but I'm pretty sure they're all missing more than that. Hell, 14 is probably the lowest count among all the FE games. (Outside of FE2, but that doesn't count.)

Also, they all have more noteworthy characters among their missing ones. Like, even FE7 is still missing characters like Kent, Sain, Nils, and Nergal, and it's already had way more attention than the rest of the games I listed.

3 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Would love Echoes, as well,definitely waiting on some of them.

2 hours ago, Troykv said:

Conrad

Python

Zeke (if alts are an option)

Luthier

I need my men!

Maybe Rinea, but only if she's showing up as a crispy gingerbread man.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

SOV is currently only missing 14 of its 34 playable characters, and that's if we count Zeke as missing. I haven't counted for the others, but I'm pretty sure they're all missing more than that. Hell, 14 is probably the lowest count among all the FE games. (Outside of FE2, but that doesn't count.)

If my old counts are correct (and there is always room for error- I forgot Tailtiu and Oliver were in until just yesterday).

From the playable side, we're missing:

• 56 Archaneans.
  • 14 Valentians (not including the Cipher quartet)
  • 88 Jugdralis (Genealogy and Thracia combined, factoring in the subs, reduce by 14 if excluding them)
  • 38 Bindingites
  • 25 Blazers
  • 22 Magvelians
  • 56 Telliusians
  • 22 Ylisseans & Valmites
  • 24 Fateslandians

Does not include villains.

*Assembles army of these and marches them in protest to Nintendo HQ.* Behold Teamster Echidna! Fear her Signpost Axe! Tremble before her Union Atk/Spd 3!

I didn't split the Jugdralis, because there are too few Thracians- Leif, Nanna, Finn, Olwen, and Saias, to bother doing so. Of the 20 we have, 11, or 12 if you count Finn despite his Gen 1 portrait being younger than his Gen 2 and Thracian, are Gen 1 units.

3 hours ago, Troykv said:

h; I personally see Tatiana as a viable choice; but not exactly someone with priority...

They can up her priority, just replace her current dress with the scrapped design furthest to the left:

Spoiler

nbgY46U.jpg

And a side note, Mae, Celica, Delthea, and Boey all had scrapped blue outfits. I smell banner potential!

Right now, I'd say most games, Fates being the big exception, have grounds for claiming another banner at the moment, and reasons against getting one.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Maybe those people you know are whales with tons of +10s like Ice Dragon. I don't have the luxury of being able to spend so much money.

I cleared all the Squad Assaults with only +0 units, so.

Like, it requires a hell of a lot of strategy and often mixing up teams or throwing seals onto as many of your units as possible.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

I cleared all the Squad Assaults with only +0 units, so.

Like, it requires a hell of a lot of strategy and often mixing up teams or throwing seals onto as many of your units as possible.

I see. I suppose I'm just not an expert at strategy like some. I'm not bad at it, I guess, since I can still clear some of these and other tough maps, even a few abyssals, but I still have trouble with others.

Like some of the Chain Challenges too. But at least I was able to get a bunch of those orbs so far anyway. I got over 100 total now, so I'm in better shape to pull for Yune.

Just finished clearing out the Water Blessing maps. Still have the other three Blessing Grounds maps to go through, but I got back the dew I used to upgrade Tactic Gale. Still need to build my Awakening theme team: Chrom, F!Robin, Frederick and Cordelia. Of course, F!Robin's merges are gonna have to wait since the Sky King Naesala needs the grails first.

I hope Echoes is high priority for a banner for no other reason than it hasn't gotten full attention in a while. Kliff was a brave reject who owes his inclusion to fans while Duma is a special case. All of the Echoes characters beyond them are Book 1 units, they'll be two years old in a matter of months. Just give us Valbar and Mycen, please. 

Agh, imgur refuses to take images from my phone tonight. Whatever, tonights troll post was going to be Spring Alfonse's Home Screen quote where he claims his father would faint if he saw him in this getup. Sigh.

With Azura, Lucina, and Bruno crossing off three major spots from my checklist now, my remaining highest priorities are Velouria and Summer Linde followed by Yune, Idunn, and Quan.

Like with Velouria though, I don't plan on doing any dedicated sniping for Yune or Idunn on their first appearances. The rates aren't good enough, and there's no hurry. I'd rather wait for a legendary banner shared with another unit I want or, in the case of Velouria and Idunn, a 3-character banner. Or just stumbling into one of them randomly, really.

I finally got around to overhauling Klein here since I'd had a +Atk one sitting in my barracks for a long time. Now upon the merge he has better stats and I upgraded his build too. I think he runs this stuff well.

yUT7GLS.png

Unfortunately I had no Desperation 3 fodder for him. >_< But he doesn't need it too badly, Desperation 2 actually triggers with the same requirement as Brash Assault 3 (less than or equal to 50% HP), so I can wait for more fodder. He also has Brash Assault for the B slot in case I ever want to use a different seal.

I pulled this boy at 5 star ages ago as my first 5 star archer and I still use him more than any of my others except Brave Lyn and Kinshi Hinoka (and that's really only because the former is great in FTP strats and the latter helps me take out pesky armors). Klein also came to me during a time where my barracks was in dire need of more 5 stars at all. Can't believe I was trying to get Faye instead at the time! I ended up hating her as a character and Klein is the better unit in the end! lol So if there's any other skill options I could add to him, I'm all ears.

On another note, I could use advice in coming up with good strategies for tough battles. I seem to be just fine at coming up with good builds for units a lot of the time, but I am not nearly as good at actually making super strong teams and strategies to take down a lot of tough maps. The only team I have that's actually been able to conquer a lot for me is my main horse team (Hrid, Freddy, Reinhardt, legendary Ephraim), but I've never really been able to clear stuff like LHBs/MHBs and certain GHBs/BHBs with them. I need more teams that work really well together besides them, it seems. And if possible, also more teams and strategies that revolve around Freddy Bear and GD Ike or RD Ike since they're my favorites. Freddy is also my best tank and a +10 unit.

Edited by Anacybele