Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

28 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Just be glad you aren't getting two 11%+ pity rates in a row.

If that actually happened to me on a legendary banner I'd probably ragequit since that'd be a shitload worth of f2p orbs that could've gone towards something else. I realize that getting to 10% once on a legendary banner isn't as bad as it could be, but it's still irritating as all fuck when those are f2p orbs that could've gone towards something else.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

IDK if I've grumbled about this here before, but I'd really like it if FEH showed where friend requests came from. So like showing if they found you through Arena, AR, VG, etc. I have a bunch of friend requests and have no idea who any of them are, so some indication of that would be appreciated.

Hey, I ended up with a 12.50% rate before Yune finally came to me. Though that's the first time I've ever had a pity rate go 3% or more above the base rate, that still sucked.

I also cleared that new Fire map set after many tries. I needed to boost Leo's Atk as high as I could get it in order to one-round Veronica so he didn't get a sword infantry to the face because of stinking Wings of Mercy. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Speaking of pity rates, this game and its seasonal banners are starting to make me rage. Really, I'm currently at 5.5% trying to snipe Bruno and I already got all the April orbs, RAEG. I definitely wanted to get Yune but I had already an inflated pity rate on the Spring banner that I thought it'd be a waste of orbs.

Changing the topic, I'm saving my Divine Dew to see what new refinements are coming with April's update. Although I'd like to upgrade FE6 units' weapons, specifically Lilina's, Klein's and Sophia's.

= EDIT =

Also, I demand an option to revert old refinements and get back refine stones and divine dew, or at least, half of it.

Edited by Quintessence

19 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Now that I make some math, the rate might look terrifying but if we take a look at how many orbs we've spent the scenario is worse.

15 - 20 orbs are needed for the first round of the summoning session to increase the rate by 0.25 on a regular/seasonal banner, and 20 - 25 orbs for the second one onwards. This applies the same for legendary banners except for the part that 15 - 20 orbs increase the rate by 0.5 on the 1st round vs 20 - 25 orbs for 2nd onwards.

For min value, to increase pity rate by 2.25 I've used:

[(20*2.25)/0.25]+15 = 195 orbs

For max value:

[(25*2.25)/0.25]+20 = 245 orbs

Wow, I've spent around 195 and 245 orbs, 56 of which were purchased /o\

For Legendary Banners:

Min value:

[(20*6.5)/0.5]+15 = 275 orbs

Max value:

[(25*6.5)/0.5]+20 = 345 orbs

Holy shit, the amount of orbs.

First two maps of the new grounds weren't a problem...but that third one was a pain. I kept getting W!Tharja killed by 1 hp. Eventually gave V!Mist a Fire Blessing. It was hilarious having almost all the enemies going down that one path and bottlenecking themselves. Mist used Rally Up and they all got Chill Res'd XD It was great.

I know that if you summon 120 heroes on a banner without getting a 5*, the next summoning session gives you five guaranteed 5* pulls. Has anyone actually reached that point?

40 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

First two maps of the new grounds weren't a problem...but that third one was a pain. I kept getting W!Tharja killed by 1 hp. Eventually gave V!Mist a Fire Blessing. It was hilarious having almost all the enemies going down that one path and bottlenecking themselves. Mist used Rally Up and they all got Chill Res'd XD It was great.

The Blessed Gardens were challenging but I managed to clear them quite easily, specially the last one, ironically. Ursula's was the toughest to me but I managed to clear it with Hoshidan Summer!Micaiah, Alfonse, Linus and Nino. The last one eas trivialized with refined!Celica that one rounded Veronica, Female!Corrin that tanked Xander, the troubadour and the sword fighter, and Dream!Azura that tanked the blue mage.

32 minutes ago, Jave said:

I know that if you summon 120 heroes on a banner without getting a 5*, the next summoning session gives you five guaranteed 5* pulls. Has anyone actually reached that point?

What, really?

11 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

What, really?

Yeah, look at the in-game detailed list of summonable heroes of any banner and scroll to the text below the list. It's detailed there.

1 hour ago, Jave said:

I think that would require spending 500+ orbs on a normal banner? 475 on an FB banner with 4 tickets if I've done my math right.

Edit: on a normal banner with no tickets, you should need 495 orbs to reach that point.

Edited by Robert of Normandy

44 minutes ago, Jave said:

Yeah, look at the in-game detailed list of summonable heroes of any banner and scroll to the text below the list. It's detailed there.

Oh that's... cool. I mean, they should lower the number of summons imo because that's only reacheable for whales. For instance, if my maths are right I've only summoned 50 heroes from the Spring banner and would need to spend more than the double of orbs to reach the "safe zone", which I'm not doing, no way.

14 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Oh that's... cool. I mean, they should lower the number of summons imo because that's only reacheable for whales. For instance, if my maths are right I've only summoned 50 heroes from the Spring banner and would need to spend more than the double of orbs to reach the "safe zone", which I'm not doing, no way.

It's probably there as a mental crutch more than anything, because the chances of that happening are really damn low (probability dictates with a 3% chance you're basically guaranteed to get three 5* heroes per 100 orbs, and that's before pity rates which would knock it up to 8+% eventually). Of course not impossible (that one screen shot at 15% must have passed the limit if they didn't eventually pull someone), but statistically it's pretty unlikely.

I wish there was a spill over for pity rates. There's nothing more dissatisfying than paying money because you've raised the pity rate by 3% only to still not pull something an hour before the banner ends. If the pity rate carried over to another banner in some form, even if it was reduced, then I'd feel a hell of a lot more satisfied with my purchase instead of feeling like I just threw my money away.

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Jave said:

The highest probability of getting to that point without sniping a single color would be to pull 4 umbrellas on the first session and then 5 every session afterwards until you reach 119 pulls. Then pull one umbrella on the session after that. The next session will be all 5-star units.

This would use 482 orbs.

Doing this and avoiding 5-star characters until this point has a hilariously low probability of happening of 0.000047% or about 1 in 2.1 million.

Based on the sizes of the top Arena tiers, there are about 70,000 players active in the Arena. Assuming that averaging out whales and free-to-players and everything in between results in 480 orbs spent per month for the sake of convenience, there's maybe a 50-50 chance that this has ever happened in the game's history.

So I'd say with a more conservative (conservatively high) estimate that the number of times this has happened in the game's history can be counted on at most two hands.

43 minutes ago, Jotari said:

It's probably there as a mental crutch more than anything, because the chances of that happening are really damn low (probability dictates with a 3% chance you're basically guaranteed to get three 5* heroes per 100 orbs, and that's before pity rates which would knock it up to 8+% eventually). Of course not impossible (that one screen shot at 15% must have passed the limit if they didn't eventually pull someone), but statistically it's pretty unlikely.

I wish there was a spill over for pity rates. There's nothing more dissatisfying than paying money because you've raised the pity rate by 3% only to still not pull something an hour before the banner ends. If the pity rate carried over to another banner in some form, even if it was reduced, then I'd feel a hell of a lot more satisfied with my purchase instead of feeling like I just threw my money away.

I'd totally be up for this last paragraph! The most shittiest feeling is when you buy orbs and orbs and orbs and keep getting stupid setsunas, azamas, gaius and felicias. At the end of the day I say, wow I suck, I threw money to the window. Passing rates from consecutive banners would alleviate this feeling.

1 hour ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I think that would require spending 500+ orbs on a normal banner? 475 on an FB banner with 4 tickets if I've done my math right.

Edit: on a normal banner with no tickets, you should need 495 orbs to reach that point.

honestly, i think i would like. never play again if i got the point where i spent 500 orbs and didn't get anything. 

23 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I wonder when we will have new info about the  next update. I want to know what units will receive a new weapon/refinement.

Agreed. Don't we usually get a new batch at the beginning of every month? I've also heard something about a potential new game mode, so I sure hope we'll get a Feh Channel at some point. Lots of speculation surrounding the last special counter in the April fool's video and that it was actually a counter for how many days remained until the next Feh Channel. Sure would be nice. 

5 minutes ago, Thane said:

Agreed. Don't we usually get a new batch at the beginning of every month? I've also heard something about a potential new game mode, so I sure hope we'll get a Feh Channel at some point. Lots of speculation surrounding the last special counter in the April fool's video and that it was actually a counter for how many days remained until the next Feh Channel. Sure would be nice. 

I believe we will have a Feh Channel this month. We have Golden Week in the end of the month, which will may have some type of special event (Dragalia Lost collab?), and if IntSys decides to add a new mode, it need to be explained in a Feh Channel.

I didn't know about the counter in the April's Fool Video.

The next update should go live next week. It's usually the day before a new banner, so that makes it on 04/09. We'll probably get some news tomorrow or the day after. Maybe friday, if it is a Feh Channel, but then I'd expect they announce the Feh Channel at least 1 day prior

4 hours ago, Rinco said:

The next update should go live next week. It's usually the day before a new banner, so that makes it on 04/09. We'll probably get some news tomorrow or the day after. Maybe friday, if it is a Feh Channel, but then I'd expect they announce the Feh Channel at least 1 day prior

I think that we didn't get any notification before the last FEH Channel, though.

In other news, I finally got Ophelia. And she's +Atk. TvT

To celebrate, I've given her one of my 2 Special Spiral manuals and L&D. And my +Atk Sothe got Special Spiral too and Barb Shuriken+ xD

1 hour ago, Javi Blizz said:

In other news, I finally got Ophelia. And she's +Atk. TvT

To celebrate, I've given her one of my 2 Special Spiral manuals and L&D. And my +Atk Sothe got Special Spiral too and Barb Shuriken+ xD

Definitely worth the celebration. Grats!