Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Vika and Lyre are female for what value that has

Intelligent Systems think they have big value. In 2018, it seemed like Camilla was printing money for them.

1 hour ago, Xenovia said:

Still not reinstalling until I get my free Brave Camilla. #GameIsDead

You can get a free HS!Camilla right now. The game gives you 200 Heroic Grails right from the start. She wants to whisper some Steamy Secrets into your ear.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Let me count...

Hide contents

Starting with Axes:

1. 11 & 12 Minerva
  2. 11 & 12 Michalis (well he was Lance there, but they did give him an Axe rank of course, even if he never starts using it).
  3. Jill
  4. Haar
  5. Cherche
  6. Gerome
  7. Camilla
  8. Beruka
  9. Percy

Lances:

1. Travant
  2. Arion
  3. Altena
  4. Deen, lover of Linoan
  5. Eda
  6. Melady
  7. Zeiss
  8. Gale
  9. Heath
  10. Vaida
  11. Cormag
  12. Valter
  13. Glen

The balance does lean Lances still, but you're right it is getting close to 50-50. (And I left off Shiharam as too minor a foe- think Jill or Haar will reference him?)

And of note is that Axe dracos is the current trend. So as more games are released, we'll likely see that list grow while lance dracos remain stagnant.

And I'd put money that Shiharam will be referenced in some way by Haar and or Jill.

Sword Fliers on the whole are lacking for the franchise. The category has 9 members so far, but 1 is an OC and 5 are alts, only 3 are canon at all. Using FE1 as a loophole, they gave us Palla and Caeda, and later we got Elincia. But unpromoted fliers in FE start with Lances or Axes generally, and Awakening and Fates abolished Swords as a weapon type that they can ever get.

Besides Ashnard, I'm hoping they remember Tanith leans Sword. I'm thinking they could also give Erinys or Fee a Sword, due to FE4 letting Pegasus use both unpromoted. Karin or Misha, should either ever have a chance, could also get one. And perhaps Syrene.

You're right. Sword and Axe fliers overall might be equal now in Heroes, but the repertoire to draw from for Sword fliers is way less than Axe fliers. There's absolutely no good reason in terms of lore or gameplay that Narcian got an axe.

Juno would be another option for Sword flier. She even has one in her artwork (despite starting at E Rank. They should have given her a great sword Rank and made her the Echidna of Falcon Knights, that is to say specializing in a weapon type that no other unit of the class could reliably use without a tonne of grinding). Overall given their history with Swords, it's much less weird if they pull a Narcian and give some one like Marcia or Fiora a sword than it would be to give a Wyveren rider a sword. Despite having them on promotion for all the GBA games, Narcian and Ashnard's are really the only ones with an affinity for it. Partly because Vaida is the only playable prepromote draco you in the GBA games and she's heavily connected to a spear. I guess they could give a sword to one of the first tier units (wouldn't be any weirder than Axe Raven).

1 hour ago, Vince777 said:

I'd be pretty surprised if the dragon laguz were beast units. It wouldn't make any sense to me.

On the other hand, every canonical shapeshifter type in the series other than the dragon tribe have had their weapon and movement type determined, and we're left with only 3 units to fill the armored beast class (Caineghis, Giffca, and Skrimir). My bet is that dragons will be armored beasts.

Here's the full list:

• Mamkute: armored, infantry, or flying breath
  • Cat: cavalry beast (Ranulf, Lethe, Lyre)
  • Tiger: infantry beast (Mordecai, Muarim, Kyza)
  • Wolf: infantry beast (Nailah, Volug)
  • Lion: armored beast (Caineghis, Giffca, Skrimir)
  • Hawk: flying beast (Tibarn, Janaff, Ulki)
  • Raven: flying beast (Naesala, Nealuchi, Vika)
  • Heron (non-Rafiel): flying beast (Reyson, Leanne)
  • Heron (Rafiel): infantry beast? (Rafiel)
  • Taguel: cavalry beast (Panne, Yarne)
  • Wolfskin: infantry beast (Keaton, Velouria)
  • Kitsune: cavalry beast (Kaden, Selkie)

That puts us at

• Armored beast: 3
  • Infantry beast: 8 (including Rafiel)
  • Cavalry beast: 7
  • Flying beast: 8

Seems to make sense to make at least some of the dragon tribe armored beasts since there are 5 of them (Dheginhansea, Kurthnaga, Ena, Nasir, Gareth), and we know that armors print money.

It is assuming they want to fill the class. I'm not even convinced they will ever release someone like Giffca, to be honest. I very much doubt you'll ever see some of the units on your list (like Kyza) in Heroes at any point.  In a bind, they have and they can still resort to using alternates to fill the gaps anyway (like another Keaton, this time in his promoted form).

There's a dragon class already in the game and the dragon laguz use breath weapons. Plus I feel the reason beast units get their transformation bonuses when next to dragons is because the dragon laguz are planned to remain dragon units. 

Armours do print money but I'd wager that'd still be very true for another dragon armored Dheginsea.

Edited by Vince777

17 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

It is assuming they want to fill the class. I'm not even convinced they will ever release someone like Giffca, to be honest. I very much doubt you'll ever see some of the units on your list (like Kyza) in Heroes at any point.

They are obviously padding. It means you can remove those units and still have at least 4 units of that class without needing to dredge up seasonals.

20 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

There's a dragon class already in the game and the dragon laguz use breath weapons.

There's also a beast class already in the game and the dragon laguz use strike weapons, so the argument goes either way.

21 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Armours do print money but I'd wager that'd still be very true for another dragon armored Dheginsea.

I would wager that guaranteed built-in Distant Counter on top of another full weapon skill prints even more money.

Especially considering that there are no beast-effective weapons in the game yet (meaning you can just put Svalinn Shield on them and laugh).

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

On the other hand, every canonical shapeshifter type in the series other than the dragon tribe have had their weapon and movement type determined, and we're left with only 3 units to fill the armored beast class (Caineghis, Giffca, and Skrimir). My bet is that dragons will be armored beasts.

Here's the full list:

• Mamkute: armored, infantry, or flying breath
  • Cat: cavalry beast (Ranulf, Lethe, Lyre)
  • Tiger: infantry beast (Mordecai, Muarim, Kyza)
  • Wolf: infantry beast (Nailah, Volug)
  • Lion: armored beast (Caineghis, Giffca, Skrimir)
  • Hawk: flying beast (Tibarn, Janaff, Ulki)
  • Raven: flying beast (Naesala, Nealuchi, Vika)
  • Heron (non-Rafiel): flying beast (Reyson, Leanne)
  • Heron (Rafiel): infantry beast? (Rafiel)
  • Taguel: cavalry beast (Panne, Yarne)
  • Wolfskin: infantry beast (Keaton, Velouria)
  • Kitsune: cavalry beast (Kaden, Selkie)

That puts us at

• Armored beast: 3
  • Infantry beast: 8 (including Rafiel)
  • Cavalry beast: 7
  • Flying beast: 8

Seems to make sense to make at least some of the dragon tribe armored beasts since there are 5 of them (Dheginhansea, Kurthnaga, Ena, Nasir, Gareth), and we know that armors print money.

I could see the Tigers being armoured too. There's also the possibility that they just never intend to fill all the movement weapon combinations. Still haven't got any kind of mounted dragon after all.

11 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I could see the Tigers being armoured too.

Mordecai is a tiger. He is infantry.

According to the artbook, Mordecai is the largest tiger in Path of Radiance, which would make it strange for any other tiger to be armored when he is not.

11 minutes ago, Jotari said:

There's also the possibility that they just never intend to fill all the movement weapon combinations. Still haven't got any kind of mounted dragon after all.

Not existing is different from not filling.

Because red and colorless cavalry daggers exist, we expect blue and green ones to exist eventually. Because blue, green, and colorless infantry bows exist, we expect a red one to exist eventually. Because red, green, and colorless flying dragons exist, we expect a blue one to exist eventually. Thus, logically, because a colorless armored beast now exists, we expect red, blue, and green ones to exist eventually.

However, because no cavalry dragons yet exist at all, there is less expectation for one of any color to exist.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Mordecai is a tiger. He is infantry.

Not existing is different from not filling.

Because red and colorless cavalry daggers exist, we expect blue and green ones to exist eventually. Because blue, green, and colorless infantry bows exist, we expect a red one to exist eventually. Because red, green, and colorless flying dragons exist, we expect a blue one to exist eventually. Thus, logically, because a colorless armored beast now exists, we expect red, blue, and green ones to exist eventually.

However, because no cavalry dragons yet exist at all, there is less expectation for one of any color to exist.

Wait Mordecai's in the game? And a colourless armoured beast is too?

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Intelligent Systems think they have big value. In 2018, it seemed like Camilla was printing money for them.

You can get a free HS!Camilla right now. The game gives you 200 Heroic Grails right from the start. She wants to whisper some Steamy Secrets into your ear.

>implying I didn't have every version of Camilla including a +10 vanilla 'milla prior to deactivation

While we're at it, @XRay rate my build:

+10 Camilla +Spd IV, Summoner Support

Camilla's Axe w/buff refine/Reposition/Galeforce

A: Swift Sparrow 2

B: Desperation 3

C: Hone Fliers

Sacred Seal: Heavy Blade 3

I really hope there's Camilla DLC in Three Houses.  I want to solo the main story with her.

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Now, the most painful time of the month~

The time before we get the new Calendar~

Kill me now~

Would you prefer the paddle or the spoon?

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Juno would be another option for Sword flier. She even has one in her artwork (despite starting at E Rank. They should have given her a great sword Rank and made her the Echidna of Falcon Knights, that is to say specializing in a weapon type that no other unit of the class could reliably use without a tonne of grinding).

I am probably the foremost pitier of Juno. They made Dayan her Sacae route parallel a competent prebuilt combat unit, complete with C Sword, and a thrown Silver Bow and he kill Wyverns easily. But they made her terrible, losing in every stat but Luck by at least 2 points, he even ties in Res. The only use Juno has is ferrying to avoid reinforcements in Murdock's map.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Overall given their history with Swords, it's much less weird if they pull a Narcian and give some one like Marcia or Fiora a sword than it would be to give a Wyveren rider a sword. Despite having them on promotion for all the GBA games, Narcian and Ashnard's are really the only ones with an affinity for it. Partly because Vaida is the only playable prepromote draco you in the GBA games and she's heavily connected to a spear. I guess they could give a sword to one of the first tier units (wouldn't be any weirder than Axe Raven).

Marcia can use Swords at base in RD, even if she is past her prime there.

And certainly I'd be fine with giving Fiora or Farina a Sword. They, Vanessa, and the Jugdral Pegs are the only unpromoted ones from pre-Awakening left.

31 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Now, the most painful time of the month~

The time before we get the new Calendar~

Kill me now~

Calendar, Cal-len-dar!:P:

New Heroes please! One is good, two is better. Late May-June is Bridal time, so if I see a Special Heroes, expect ?. Any games will do: Thracia needs something, Archanea has had no banners in forever, Gen 2 Jugdral has only 6 of its 24, SS needs more of its men, SoV has got naught but Kliff and Celicalts since Clive. As long as they're all new, I don't really care who. 

-But TMS would be TMYesssssssssss!

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

>implying I didn't have every version of Camilla including a +10 vanilla 'milla prior to deactivation

But did you merge Steamy Secrets to +10?

While we're at it, @XRay rate my build:

+10 Camilla +Spd IV, Summoner Support

Camilla's Axe w/buff refine/Reposition/Galeforce

A: Swift Sparrow 2

B: Desperation 3

C: Hone Fliers

Sacred Seal: Heavy Blade 3

I really hope there's Camilla DLC in Three Houses.  I want to solo the main story with her.

I am not sure if she can activate Galeforce reliably with her low Atk and positioning requirements for buffs, but it looks pretty okay.

For Galeforce, I prefer Life and Death so she can take extra damage and hopefully activate Wings of Mercy allies.

3 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Since we've gotten two RD banners so quickly this year, I wonder if we can expect another Binding Blade banner within the next couple of months. Elffin, maybe?

I wouldn't count on it. Tellius getting so much in relatively rapid succession is probably just down to the fact that IS wants to fill out the beast unit ranks quickly, and Tellius is the best source of beast units.

I'm actually suspecting they'll do a 2nd gen Awakening banner soon because Yarne is (iirc) the only non-Tellius beast left.

42 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I wouldn't count on it. Tellius getting so much in relatively rapid succession is probably just down to the fact that IS wants to fill out the beast unit ranks quickly, and Tellius is the best source of beast units.

I'm actually suspecting they'll do a 2nd gen Awakening banner soon because Yarne is (iirc) the only non-Tellius beast left.

Yeah, I highly doubt Binding is getting a second bone this year. Blazing should at least get a banner this year, if for no other reason to get some bald guy’s waifu Louise out of the way. Pent would obviously be there too, along with Nils probably.

Awakening is due for another banner as well, and along with Yarne it’d be an excuse to finally make @Ottservia go broke add Severa along with possibly Nah and/or Cynthia.

16 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Well, 4:1 male to female ratio is pretty new.

A most welcome change!

Now, if only they could do this for seasonal banners.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Awakening is due for another banner as well, and along with Yarne it’d be an excuse to finally make @Ottservia go broke add Severa along with possibly Nah and/or Cynthia.

Hey if IS wants my money at this point this is the banner they need to make. I’m just saying. Seriously for as popular a character as Severa is, I’m surprised she hasn’t gotten anything in this game. No alt, no refine, no nothing.

13 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Hey if IS wants my money at this point this is the banner they need to make. I’m just saying. Seriously for as popular a character as Severa is, I’m surprised she hasn’t gotten anything in this game. No alt, no refine, no nothing.

Not sure if this info helps or not, but with Ranulf and Haar now crossed off Severa is now second overall among the unreleased characters in terms of total CYL votes (13,903 to FE13 Anna's colossal 50,793). They can't keep ignoring her forever.

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Not sure if this info helps or not, but with Ranulf and Haar now crossed off Severa is now second overall among the unreleased characters in terms of total CYL votes (13,903 to FE13 Anna's colossal 50,793). They can't keep ignoring her forever.

If Owain is anything to go by, that pretty much guarantees that Severa will be in redux 3.0.  I don't know if Anna is a special case and they'll make her a Legendary or Mythic or if she'll be in redux as well.

It would be a bit disappointing if the third brave redux was nothing but alts and OCs, though, and I think that's how it stands currently.

22 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If Owain is anything to go by, that pretty much guarantees that Severa will be in redux 3.0.  I don't know if Anna is a special case and they'll make her a Legendary or Mythic or if she'll be in redux as well.

If IS bothered to tabulate the overall total votes for each character in CYL, then perhaps.

Just for reference, here's the top ten unreleased characters (male / female) by their total CYL votes post Out of Gallia:

1. Lif: 11,876 (only in CYL3) / Anna [13]: 50,793
  2. Shinon: 8,165 / Severa: 13,903
  3. Forrest: 7,116 / Louise: 13,273
  4. Rath: 7,005 / Jill: 11,701
  5. Nils: 6,891 / Ilyana: 11,061
  6. Cormag: 6,684 / Anna [14]: 11,049
  7. Ross: 6,453 / Rinkah: 10,165
  8. Pent: 6,189 / Lilith: 8,547
  9. Erk: 5,903 / Rinea: 7,905 (wasn't in CYL1)
  10. Conrad: 5,521 (wasn't in CYL1) / Nyx: 7,406

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If IS bothered to tabulate the overall total votes for each character in CYL, then perhaps.

Just for reference, here's the top ten unreleased characters (male / female) by their total CYL votes post Out of Gallia:

1. Lif: 11,876 (only in CYL3) / Anna [13]: 50,793
  2. Shinon: 8,165 / Severa: 13,903
  3. Forrest: 7,116 / Louise: 13,273
  4. Rath: 7,005 / Jill: 11,701
  5. Nils: 6,891 / Ilyana: 11,061
  6. Cormag: 6,684 / Anna [14]: 11,049
  7. Ross: 6,453 / Rinkah: 10,165
  8. Pent: 6,189 / Lilith: 8,547
  9. Erk: 5,903 / Rinea: 7,905 (wasn't in CYL1)
  10. Conrad: 5,521 (wasn't in CYL1) / Nyx: 7,406

Wasn't Bruno #1 or #2, assuming his Bunny alt doesn't count?