Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

God. Fucking. Dammit.

26 minutes ago, XRay said:

I do not see anything wrong with having more Special Heroes Foci. There has always been a New Heroes Focus every month for quite a while now (last year November had 2 but December had 0, and I think some months before that occasionally have 2 New Heroes Foci as well but that is not the norm), so it is not like they are replacing New Heroes Foci with Special Heroes Foci.

This is absolutely replacing a New Heroes focus, the expected second one for April.

The standard has been 25 main banners per year. In the past, it was 16 New Heroes and 9 Special Heroes. With an 11th Special Heroes banner added to the rotation, that now pushes it down to 14 New Heroes.

If they push up the total number of banners to 27, by having extra banners on three months rather than just one, you'll be right, but I think we both know that's not likely.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 hours ago, Othin said:

This is absolutely replacing a New Heroes focus, the expected second one for April.

The standard has been 25 main banners per year. In the past, it was 16 New Heroes and 9 Special Heroes. With an 11th Special Heroes banner added to the rotation, that now pushes it down to 14 New Heroes.

If they push up the total number of banners to 27, by having extra banners on three months rather than just one, you'll be right, but I think we both know that's not likely.

I guess both Aprils in the past did have 2 Foci, but November 2017 and December 2017 both had 1 Focus, while November 2018 had 2 Foci and December 2018 had 0, so I think the two Aprils with 2 New Heroes Foci is just a coincidence.

Edited by XRay

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

I guess both Aprils in the past did have 2 Foci, but November 2017 and December 2017 both had 1 Foci, while November 2018 had 2 Foci and December 2018 had 0, so I think the two Aprils with 2 New Heroes Foci is just a coincidence.

It's not a coincidence, it's because there were no seasonal banners scheduled for that timeframe.

November+December in both 2017 and 2018 had four main banners between them: two New Heroes followed by a Christmas one and then a New Years one. They both timed things weird, with the second New Heroes banner showing up in December in 2017 (after Fjorm's banner) and in November in 2018 (before Eir's banner) but the overall structure is essentially the same.

40 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's not a coincidence, it's because there were no seasonal banners scheduled for that timeframe.

November+December in both 2017 and 2018 had four main banners between them: two New Heroes followed by a Christmas one and then a New Years one. They both timed things weird, with the second New Heroes banner showing up in December in 2017 (after Fjorm's banner) and in November in 2018 (before Eir's banner) but the overall structure is essentially the same.

I guess they are replacing the New Heroes Foci with Special Heroes Foci.

By Anniversary:

Spoiler

February 2017 to January 2018 had 17 New Heroes Foci and 8 Special Heroes Foci, for a total of 25 Foci.
February: Family Bonds, Sibling Bonds
March: Blazing Shadows, Spring Festival
April: World of Shadows, World of Radiance
May: Rite of Shadows, Bridal Blessings
June: Echoes of Mystery, Ylissean Summer
July: Celica's Army, Alm's Army, Nohrian Summer
August: Sacred World, Brave Heroes
September: Dauntless Crimea, Performing Arts
October: World of Holy War, Trick or Defeat
November: Farfetched Heroes
December: Children of Fate, Winter's Envoy
January: World of Dawn, Sacred Memories, Happy New Year!

February 2018 to January 2019 had 15 New Heroes Foci and 10 Special Heroes Foci, for a total of 25 Foci.
February: Fallen Heroes, Love Abounds
March: The Branded King, Hares at the Fare
April: World of Thracia, Wings of Fate
May: Genealogy, Bridal Bloom
June: Scattered Fangs, Summer's Arrival
July: Ylissean Travelers, A Sketchy Summer
August: Arrival of the Brave, Festival in Hoshido
September: Doorway to Destiny, Nohrian Dusk, Generals of Múspell
October: Brave Redux, The Land's Bounty
November: Adrift, Fire and Ice,
December: Gifts of Winter
January: Rulers of the Laguz, New Years of Fire and Ice, Hostile Springs

February 2019 to January 2020 have 3 New Heroes Foci and 2 Special Heroes Foci so far, for a total 5 Foci.
February: Kitsune and Wolfskin, Greil's Devoted
March: Beyond Darkness, Regal Rabbits
April: Out of Gallia

By Calendar Year

Spoiler

2017 had 15 New Heroes Foci and 7 Special Heroes Foci, for a total of 22 Foci.
February: Family Bonds, Sibling Bonds
March: Blazing Shadows, Spring Festival
April: World of Shadows, World of Radiance
May: Rite of Shadows, Bridal Blessings
June: Echoes of Mystery, Ylissean Summer
July: Celica's Army, Alm's Army, Nohrian Summer
August: Sacred World, Brave Heroes
September: Dauntless Crimea, Performing Arts
October: World of Holy War, Trick or Defeat
November: Farfetched Heroes
December: Children of Fate, Winter's Envoy

2018 had 16 New Heroes Foci and 9 Special Heroes Foci, for a total of 25 Foci.
January: World of Dawn, Sacred Memories, Happy New Year!
February: Fallen Heroes, Love Abounds
March: The Branded King, Hares at the Fare
April: World of Thracia, Wings of Fate
May: Genealogy, Bridal Bloom
June: Scattered Fangs, Summer's Arrival
July: Ylissean Travelers, A Sketchy Summer
August: Arrival of the Brave, Festival in Hoshido
September: Doorway to Destiny, Nohrian Dusk, Generals of Múspell
October: Brave Redux, The Land's Bounty
November: Adrift, Fire and Ice,
December: Gifts of Winter

2019 has 4 New Heroes Foci and 4 Special Heroes Foci so far, for a total of 7 Foci.
January: Rulers of the Laguz, New Years of Fire and Ice, Hostile Springs
February: Kitsune and Wolfskin, Greil's Devoted
March: Beyond Darkness, Regal Rabbits
April: Out of Gallia

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I guess both Aprils in the past did have 2 Foci, but November 2017 and December 2017 both had 1 Foci, while November 2018 had 2 Foci and December 2018 had 0, so I think the two Aprils with 2 New Heroes Foci is just a coincidence.

I didn't know I had this pet peeve, but your excessive use of the word "foci" irks me. Don't worry, I'm not gonna tell you to stop or anything (I'll find a way to cope), but when you use it this often and especially in the form of "1 Foci" (am I missing something, maybe? Foci is just the plural form of focus, no?), something inside me gets agitated.

Unfortunately, I cannot add anything substantial to the Special/New Heroes discussion. I have resigned from trying to understand anything IS is doing right now and am currently in a generally foul mood when it comes to FEH, so I guess I'm just holding up till Three Houses and then shrug it or the game off, whatever makes me feel better.

31 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I didn't know I had this pet peeve, but your excessive use of the word "foci" irks me. Don't worry, I'm not gonna tell you to stop or anything (I'll find a way to cope), but when you use it this often and especially in the form of "1 Foci" (am I missing something, maybe? Foci is just the plural form of focus, no?), something inside me gets agitated.

Unfortunately, I cannot add anything substantial to the Special/New Heroes discussion. I have resigned from trying to understand anything IS is doing right now and am currently in a generally foul mood when it comes to FEH, so I guess I'm just holding up till Three Houses and then shrug it or the game off, whatever makes me feel better.

I would have thought the plural of focus would be focuses. Of course it's not a word that would ever have a plural in standard English so moot point I guess. Foci makes me think of like a French food or some kind of bacteria or something though.

Edited by Jotari

48 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I would have thought the plural of focus would be focuses. Of course it's not a word that would ever have a plural in standard English so moot point I guess. Foci makes me think of like a French food or some kind of bacteria or something though.

I just lazily went with the plural of the suffix -us in Latin declension, which is -i, I believe, but since i'm not even sure if that was the reason for the word "foci" I added the doubts in parenthesis.

8 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Is it just me or is Haar's Grand Hero Battle way easier than the standard? Absolutely slaughtered it with Sigurd. He barely even needed backup.

Define standard in this game, I guess, but no, it isn't just you. That GHB was laughably easy.

I am thinking to fodder one of the Haars to Nino, so she can have +6 extra damage in every turn: +6 Atk from Iris's Tome Even Atk Wave and +6 Def from Odd Def Wave.

I also was thinking to give Nino the Even Res Wave from a Brave Hector that I got some time ago, so she can have three Even Wave Skills, for +18 extra damage.

3 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

You are right. It should be Focus for some of them since they are not plural.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

You are right. It should be Focus for some of them since they are not plural.

Ah, good to know I didn't assume incorrectly. As I said, though, no worries about me pestering you with it any further. I just realized this morning that I have yet another small thing in the world that affects me when it really shouldn't, ha!

16 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I just lazily went with the plural of the suffix -us in Latin declension, which is -i, I believe, but since i'm not even sure if that was the reason for the word "foci" I added the doubts in parenthesis.

Foci is indeed the plural of focus.  I remember it coming up in physics classes back in school.

Hmm... I need a Cordelia or Galeforce banner. Apparently Tibarn runs it well which I experienced firsthand, Siegbert can more or less copy what brave Roy and Eliwood do with Blazing Durandal by running Heavy Blade as a seal, Panne's good with it, Lethe is basically red Panne with better offensives in return for lower defenses and no effective damage, and there are probably other shenanigans I don't know or can't think of off the top of my head. Oh, my precious Cordelias...

53 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Hmm... I need a Cordelia or Galeforce banner. Apparently Tibarn runs it well which I experienced firsthand, Siegbert can more or less copy what brave Roy and Eliwood do with Blazing Durandal by running Heavy Blade as a seal, Panne's good with it, Lethe is basically red Panne with better offensives in return for lower defenses and no effective damage, and there are probably other shenanigans I don't know or can't think of off the top of my head. Oh, my precious Cordelias...

In general any Killer weapon and Heavy Blade weapon owner can do Galeforce shenanigans. That said Killer weapon + HB is on paper the strongest form of Galeforce, being able to trigger from 2 Heavy Blade hits which CAN be achieved every combat, whereas HB base weapon can use more power heavy set up with a more stats based sacred seals

Units such as Leprechaun who have guaranteed doubles are also good for Galeforce, using HB. In fact Tibarn is pretty much just a flying Leprechaun

Oh yeah Armor can do it too, with Bold and Special Fighter, but well.... 1 move = worse galeforce. In fact Infantry generally have worse galeforce than Horse and Fliers, which is why i never get much hype from Ogma(who have HB) or Raven(Killer) despite their absurd stats

13 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Units such as Leprechaun who have guaranteed doubles are also good for Galeforce, using HB. In fact Tibarn is pretty much just a flying Leprechaun

This is way too quotable.

5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Foci is indeed the plural of focus.  I remember it coming up in physics classes back in school.

Under what part of physics would focus in plural come up? Any situation I imagine I think something like Focus Points or Focus Groups would work better.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Under what part of physics would focus in plural come up? Any situation I imagine I think something like Focus Points or Focus Groups would work better.

Lenses and mirrors

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Lenses and mirrors

Still can't envision a sentence that would require focus in plural, but on research (IE a single Google search) it seems both are used. https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/the-plural-of/focus.html

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/focus

Although frustratingly without examples.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Lenses and mirrors

Still can't envision a sentence that would require focus in plural, but on research (IE a single Google search) it seems both are used. https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/the-plural-of/focus.html

53 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Focus gets used in the plural as soon as you have two curved surfaces. Since optics very quickly begins to involve multiple mirrors and lenses, you will end up using focus in the plural a lot.

It's also used in mathematics, most commonly with conic sections. Ellipses and hyperbolas have two foci each, while parabolas have one. (Circles technically have one, but it gets the special name of "center" instead for obvious reasons.)

“After shattering Medon’s main force outside Aurelis Castle, Marth next led his army into the castle’s halls to liberate the kingdom. A number of treasures slept in Aurelis Castle’s nooks and crannies but how to extract them before they could fall into enemy hands?
“Only a thief could open chests locked that tight,” grumbled one of Marth’s men.
But we don’t have any thieves with us. …Do we?”

Julian for Heroes when?

Also this line makes me laugh in retrospect since there's never a compelling reason to have a thief the next time you need one after Chapter 6. Marth can pop open chests with the fire emblem, and you can buy a bunch of door keys and store them in the convoy, which Marth can access any time he needs one. A regular prince of thieves, that one.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Focus gets used in the plural as soon as you have two curved surfaces. Since optics very quickly begins to involve multiple mirrors and lenses, you will end up using focus in the plural a lot.

It's also used in mathematics, most commonly with conic sections. Ellipses and hyperbolas have two foci each, while parabolas have one. (Circles technically have one, but it gets the special name of "center" instead for obvious reasons.)

But focal points though.