Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Okay, I just saw something weird and confusing on Twitter regarding the next bonus heroes for arena. The Japanese Heroes Twitter posted an image showing that female Grima Robin will be one, but the fan-made English one put up an image showing legendary Lyn in that spot as a bonus unit instead.

Someone claims that the Japanese Twitter pic is the incorrect one. Is that really the case? I wonder how such an error was made, if so.

The posts in question:

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, I just saw something weird and confusing on Twitter regarding the next bonus heroes for arena. The Japanese Heroes Twitter posted an image showing that female Grima Robin will be one, but the fan-made English one put up an image showing legendary Lyn in that spot as a bonus unit instead.

Someone claims that the Japanese Twitter pic is the incorrect one. Is that really the case? I wonder how such an error was made, if so.

I don’t know for certain, but I suspect that the Legendary Lyn one is correct, since Robin just had a turn in the last rotation (or the one before...the Arena seasons tend to blend together in my mind nowadays =P ) I believe.

Edit: it’s still Robin’s turn right now. How I managed to forget that, I will never know.

Edited by LordFrigid

1 minute ago, LordFrigid said:

I don’t know for certain, but I suspect that the Legendary Lyn one is correct, since Robin just had a turn in the last rotation (or the one before...the Arena seasons tend to blend together in my mind nowadays =P ) I believe.

Oh, okay, I see. You're probably right then. I was just curious since I thought it was weird that this happened.

2 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

They probably just made a mistake with the one on Twitter. The Japanese in game notification has LH!Lyn as the bonus unit.

Yeah, sounds like it if the notifications has Lyn.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah, the Japanese Twitter just posted a correction post indicating that Lyn is correct.

Ah, good, that solves everything then. :P

Hopefully all those people spooked by legendary lyn on that freebie summon a few months ago will finally get some use out of her next week.

...I should probably use one of my two Lyn dupes to fix that atk superbane. Hm, my boon options among these three are +Def and +Res, whee...

I happily sent her home, so I don't have her anymore. She had shitty IVs anyway. And I want to try a laguz team! Already finished leveling up Lethe, now I'm working on Ranulf and will upgrade Naesala to 5 star later today. He's the only blue laguz I have and I'm fine enough with him. My fourth will be Reyson since he's a refresher. And he's cool and I gave him a merge to fix his -Atk. Now he's +Atk!

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I happily sent her home, so I don't have her anymore. She had shitty IVs anyway. And I want to try a laguz team! Already finished leveling up Lethe, now I'm working on Ranulf and will upgrade Naesala to 5 star later today. He's the only blue laguz I have and I'm fine enough with him. My fourth will be Reyson since he's a refresher. And he's cool and I gave him a merge to fix his -Atk. Now he's +Atk!

Naesala and Reyson work great together they and Tibarn and F!Grima make up my favorite flier team.  I use the darting stance seal on Naesala to make him have more speed since Naesala is the speedy one out of the bird Laguz.

42 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Naesala and Reyson work great together they and Tibarn and F!Grima make up my favorite flier team.  I use the darting stance seal on Naesala to make him have more speed since Naesala is the speedy one out of the bird Laguz.

Do you mean darting stance on Tibarn?

43 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Oh, I already figured they'd go well together. I'd also actually use Tibarn over Lethe, but only the latter is a bonus unit and I believe you get more on your score when a bonus unit gets a kill and bonus units get boosted stats too.

49 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Do you mean darting stance on Tibarn?

No my Tibarn runs heavy blade.  I use Naesala as a spd nuke during PP so I have him with every thing to max his spd so he doesn't get doubled.  I am kind of weird in my build/SS usage, so I don't do the norm.  I find I very rarely do things the way other players do, so my builds probably don't make sense to others but they work well for me.  Just like my brave lance galeforce Finn. 

Edited by EricaofRenais

I know Shanna and Thea are sisters but I always have to do a double take whenever I see one of them on a map because Shanna's Lance and Vanguard look similar.

Edited by Flying Shogi

While I did get spooked by Lyn on the freebie summon, I get the feeling that I'd get more success fielding a 4* merged Seth. The tragedy of Lyn.

Doesn't matter much, mind you, since I'm happy bouncing around lower arena as long as I get the four orbs. Indeed I only started doing arena again at all within the last couple of months - I quit it cold turkey previously and left it completely untouched for months.

4 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

No my Tibarn runs heavy blade.  I use Naesala as a spd nuke during PP so I have him with every thing to max his spd so he doesn't get doubled.  I am kind of weird in my build/SS usage, so I don't do the norm.  I find I very rarely do things the way other players do, so my builds probably don't make sense to others but they work well for me.  Just like my brave lance galeforce Finn. 

But Darting Stance is only active on the enemy phase. So it's useless if you're only using Naesala on the player phase.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

But Darting Stance is only active on the enemy phase. So it's useless if you're only using Naesala on the player phase.

@EricaofRenais This. I can understand Darting Blow, but Darting Stance on a PP unit is...not a great idea? Or even one of the Bond seals would work since both of the ones available enhance speed.

57 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I have my issues with Legendary Lyn, but after actually using her, she works suuuuuuuper well for a ton of game modes. The best unit? Definitely not. The worst? Not even close.

I don't think anyone here thinks she's a bad unit. But she is generally agreed to be the worst legendary and people didn't really like that she was the green choice in that one freebie banner when there were definitely better choices like legendary Hector, Surtr, etc. Coupling that with that voting game's poor design surely being the reason she even won, this just left a bad taste in some people's mouths, mine included.

Edited by Anacybele

32 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

@EricaofRenais This. I can understand Darting Blow, but Darting Stance on a PP unit is...not a great idea? Or even one of the Bond seals would work since both of the ones available enhance speed.

"sigh" I mixed up my dang seals again:(  Thanks for reminding me about that.  I hate wearing my glasses when I can get by without them, but this makes it clear I need to use them when I use seal otherwise I make mistakes like this:(

6 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

"sigh" I mixed up my dang seals again:(  Thanks for reminding me about that.  I hate wearing my glasses when I can get by without them, but this makes it clear I need to use them when I use seal otherwise I make mistakes like this:(

lol, it's okay. I hate seeing Naesala suffer. But everything is fixed now, so it's good. I usually run double-Savage on him, personally. He's basically my AoE nuke. I keep him with guard so he doesn't trigger specials while getting everything into kill range. Or just plain killed.

I will probably use Caineghis in the next Arena Season. I just need to change Marth's skills, from Spurs to Drives, because I want the Lion King to be transformed. I gave Reyson the G Duel Flying Skill, but he has low merges so he will not score well.

About Legendary Lyn... She is not that bad. For me, L!Lyn would be a better unit if her personal skill, Laws of Sacae, was a dual phase skill and not only enemy phase.

I forgot that I was planning on using my next 20k feathers to upgrade Haar and used them on a BK merge instead. Whoops.

Not a big deal, since I'll get those feathers back in a week and BK would have been next on my list anyway, but a bit irritating.