Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's a justifiable canonical alt. And how dare you diss the turban! I shall hammer a Silver Sword into your skull as punishment- to recall Vlad the Impaler.

Yeah, and the one we have is an equally justifiable and canonical alt. I'm just saying it feels gratuitous to have both. It'd be like if we had the Black Knight and somebody said okay, but I'm taking him to meet my parents, so can I get the more down to earth Zelgius in the game as well?

And just as a heads up for those who didn't notice. Today 20 years ago, Fire Emblem: Dark Dragon and the Blade of Light released. It's the 20th anniversary of the Fire Emblem franchise! 

Interestingly I'm playing that very game for the first time recently on my Switch. Language barrier isn't that hard to overcome when I already know the plot from Shadow Dragon. And today I learned you CAN trade items. I thought you had to drop items in the storage shops and then have the other unit come up and withdraw it, which was very cumbersome.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

14 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Surtr is really frickin' annoying in Grand Conquests.  He'll sit on fort tiles, being impossible to kill.  I wish they had removed him from this mode, rather than Training Tower or other modes, where it doesn't matter.

Good lord yes, I wish there was a way to freaking delete the asshole completely and permanently. I just wrapped up getting to Tier 25 in GC, and somehow left with an even greater hatred for Surtr. I didn’t even think that was possible.

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

No Medeus? Are you Sirius? You Gotoh be joking. 

I was only counting the playable SD/NM characters, otherwise Medeus would definitely be in the "important" category. Sirius I think would get in as "Zeke" from Echoes. I just forgot all about Gotoh...which I guess means he isn't so notable. XD

18 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Interestingly I'm playing that very game for the first time recently on my Switch. Language barrier isn't that hard to overcome when I already know the plot from Shadow Dragon. And today I learned you CAN trade items. I thought you had to drop items in the storage shops and then have the other unit come up and withdraw it, which was very cumbersome.

I think the Byzantine trading system you're thinking about is the one in FE4.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I think the Byzantine trading system you're thinking about is the one in FE4.

Yeah, FE4's system with pawn shops definitely had something to do with it. It's the oldest FE I played before trying out FE1. And I always heard FE5 "fixed" FE4's issues by instituting a modern trade function. But one unit giving another unit an item existed all the way back in FE1, so I guess FE4 has no excuse.

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Yeah, FE4's system with pawn shops definitely had something to do with it. It's the oldest FE I played before trying out FE1. And I always heard FE5 "fixed" FE4's issues by instituting a modern trade function. But one unit giving another unit an item existed all the way back in FE1, so I guess FE4 has no excuse.

They seemed to like to experiment quite a bit in the Kaga era.  Gaiden also tried lots of weird stuff that reverted back to mostly "normal" again in FE3.

37 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

But one unit giving another unit an item existed all the way back in FE1, so I guess FE4 has no excuse.

Although as you've probably figured out already, it's only giving, no taking. Cain can give an Iron Lance to Abel, but not take a Javelin from him at the same time. FE1 is like the ideal spirit of Christmas, which nobody really in their hearts like by itself, so taking was added later.

And honestly, I found the no-trading + Pawn Shop + individualized gold accounts issue not really at all bothersome to me. It keeps me from abusing the Bands and Rings and best weapons with everyone all at once, but I can work with that no probs. It's a sand grain compared to FE4's other issues (not to bash it too much, I don't like doing that).

9 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

FE4's system isn't due to its age, but its whole deliberate personal inventory system. Which is a bit strange, but I think it worked pretty well for FE4 specifically.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although as you've probably figured out already, it's only giving, no taking. Cain can give an Iron Lance to Abel, but not take a Javelin from him at the same time. FE1 is like the ideal spirit of Christmas, which nobody really in their hearts like by itself, so taking was added later.

Ah, so that's what people mean when they say 1's trading was janky.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And honestly, I found the no-trading + Pawn Shop + individualized gold accounts issue not really at all bothersome to me. It keeps me from abusing the Bands and Rings and best weapons with everyone all at once, but I can work with that no probs. It's a sand grain compared to FE4's other issues (not to bash it too much, I don't like doing that).

29 minutes ago, Othin said:

FE4's system isn't due to its age, but its whole deliberate personal inventory system. Which is a bit strange, but I think it worked pretty well for FE4 specifically.

Gonna have to agree with these. While I wasn't a fan of it at first, I ended up really liking FE4's trading system. I wouldn't want it to replace normal trading as the series default, but I would be a bit disappointed if they remade it and didn't bring it back. The one thing I would like them to change would be to let people who can't use the weapons buy them. That way Jamke could pass the silver blade to Ulster should you decide to pair him and Ayra, etc.

14 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Today 20 years ago, Fire Emblem: Dark Dragon and the Blade of Light released. It's the 20th anniversary of the Fire Emblem franchise! 

Uh... No? Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light, the first Fire Emblem Game, released April 20 1990, which is 29 years ago.

I have gone from Robin to Chrom, back to Robin.  My team is losing badly right now, but hopefully that means everyone is saving their Spears for later.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Stupid, I misread it! How I'd make that mistake?:sob:

It's okay, it happens. I just felt the need to point it out since everyone should get the same joy of feeling old when realizing 1990 was almost 30 years ago.

I hope they do something big for the 30th anniversary!

Since the easter banner I've opted for using orbs efficiently and doing full sessions of summoning and it's been better for me. I got Lethe and Mordecai, both +Hp -Res, and got a neutral Felicia on the free summon of the new banner. Also, this has been the first Forging Bonds event I capped all four heroes. It's quite the achievement to me :awesome:. I think it has more to do with my love for Tellius games.

. . . I just had something really weird happen in Grand Conquests. I normally autobattle right? So I pick up my phone and see it is ended. And I have 0 defeated units. Apparently my AI team managed to nuke the enemy fortress without killing anyone or taking or losing any camps. I have never seen the AI pull that off before.

12 hours ago, Usana said:

. . . I just had something really weird happen in Grand Conquests. I normally autobattle right? So I pick up my phone and see it is ended. And I have 0 defeated units. Apparently my AI team managed to nuke the enemy fortress without killing anyone or taking or losing any camps. I have never seen the AI pull that off before.

Was that the one with the enemy fortress just below the upper right corner?

I had something like that happen yesterday on that map. I don't remember if there were any kills listed, but it went ridiculously fast.