Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

7 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

@Anacybele infantry get 10 uses of the Dragonflowers due to "movement bias". IS felt infantry needed the boost more than the other movement types since a majority of the launch units were infantry.

Okay, fair, but some launch units are cavalry and fliers too, and they could definitely use the extra boosts too, imo. But oh well.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And speaking of Dragon Flowers, how come only certain units can use them ten times while others can only get five?

Infantry released before 3.2 can use Dragonflowers 10 times, while all other units can only use them 5 times. IS concluded infantry were underpowered relative to other movement types, so they gave an extra 5 BST to infantry released after 3.2, and allowed infantry from before 3.2 to get the buff with an extra 5 uses of dragonflowers. (The first 5 dragonflower uses for pre-3.2 infantry also cost much fewer dragonflowers than for units that only get 5 total uses.)

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Infantry released before 3.2 can use Dragonflowers 10 times, while all other units can only use them 5 times. IS concluded infantry were underpowered relative to other movement types, so they gave an extra 5 BST to infantry released after 3.2, and allowed infantry from before 3.2 to get the buff with an extra 5 uses of dragonflowers. (The first 5 dragonflower uses for pre-3.2 infantry also cost much fewer dragonflowers than for units that only get 5 total uses.)

I was just told this, I know now.

Anyway, at least I finally got enough flowers to max out Freddy! Regular Freddy that is. Summer Freddy still needs six more. So glad he uses a different color flower, because it feels like a majority of my units use the yellow ones like regular Freddy.

While we're talking about Dragonflowers, my near back-to-back acquisitions of Nailah and Mordecai plus my going out of my way to level up Libra and do his ordeal just now because I was still exactly 8 flowers (192) short allowed me to put the finishing touch on Soleil:

BNDqPo2.png?1

Now, I guess I'll start funneling my future red flowers to Klein though Sakura, adult Tiki and Felicia are certainly options as well.

16 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

While we're talking about Dragonflowers, my near back-to-back acquisitions of Nailah and Mordecai plus my going out of my way to level up Libra and do his ordeal just now because I was still exactly 8 flowers (192) short allowed me to put the finishing touch on Soleil:

BNDqPo2.png?1

Now, I guess I'll start funneling my future red flowers to Klein though Sakura, adult Tiki and Felicia are certainly options as well.

Very nice! I've only used flowers on Naesala so far since he's my closest to +10. Don't know who I'd use the others on. Maybe Xander for the cav flowers, but infantry and armor are going to gather dust. After I get more merges on Laslow, I'll think about giving him the flowers.

Thinking of giving Sharena Blue Flame + Wrath, but I'm reluctant since I don't use her much except when she's required (like Arena, quests, or sometimes in AA). Can't think of anyone else who can use Blue Flame like she can though.

Got my first Leo, the same month that I promoted Leo, the same month that I got Subway!Leo. That's a lot of Leos. And I AM a Leo, which is maybe supposed to mean something.

Yeah The AA/AB quests are pretty cool, do we know how often these get repeated? Probably the same as how long an Alegiance Battle season is supposed to be. Looks like a big boost in crystals which is nice, I was actually running low.

8 minutes ago, Johann said:

Thinking of giving Sharena Blue Flame + Wrath, but I'm reluctant since I don't use her much except when she's required (like Arena, quests, or sometimes in AA). Can't think of anyone else who can use Blue Flame like she can though.

Chrom, Eirika, Lloyd, Lucina, Nailah, Seliph, or Tiki? They all have weapon effects that benefit from being near a unit. Anna can warp to units which makes it easy to fulfill Blue Flame's requirements. He can't inherit Wrath, but Merric? Also, Delthea, Linde, and any -owl mage, but they won't have a Killer effect tome like Merric with refined Excalibur. An armor who doesn't have the defensive stats to use Bonfire/Ignis or Iceberg/Glacies well?

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Anna, Chrom, Eirika, Lloyd, Lucina, Nailah, Seliph, or Tiki? They all have weapon effects that benefit from being near a unit. He can't inherit Wrath, but Merric? Also, Delthea, Linde, and any -owl mage, but they won't have a Killer effect tome like Merric with refined Excalibur. An armor who doesn't have the defensive stats to use Bonfire/Ignis or Iceberg/Glacies well?

All good choices, though I don't use any of them. Went ahead and gave it to Sharena anyway, I think it'll work out well for her.

7 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Got my first Leo, the same month that I promoted Leo, the same month that I got Subway!Leo. That's a lot of Leos. And I AM a Leo, which is maybe supposed to mean something.

Yeah The AA/AB quests are pretty cool, do we know how often these get repeated? Probably the same as how long an Alegiance Battle season is supposed to be. Looks like a big boost in crystals which is nice, I was actually running low.

Seems like they're a weekly thing replacing the daily AA quests. Total rewards are about the same as 7 days off AA quests, with an extra 100 feathers and 500 crystals, but actually keeping up with them is way less of a hassle.

14 hours ago, Johann said:

All good choices, though I don't use any of them. Went ahead and gave it to Sharena anyway, I think it'll work out well for her.

That's a pretty awesome combo, mine has Steady Stance 4, Renewal and Close Defense 3 Seal, and she tanks most stuff. It's so satisfying seeing how she can take hits constantly, recovering and not receiving a special trigger. Instead, she bombs them with Bonfire.

Respecting Alfonse I gave him Brazen Def/Res 3 along with Brazen Atk/Res 3 Seal to become another tank. He has Swordbreaker to defend himself against swordies and it works pretty well.

Anna is the only one of the trio that I'm missing on a good set for her.

6 hours ago, Othin said:

Seems like they're a weekly thing replacing the daily AA quests. Total rewards are about the same as 7 days off AA quests, with an extra 100 feathers and 500 crystals, but actually keeping up with them is way less of a hassle.

oh okay, so not a big boost then. But I'll admit keeping up with AA quests daily has been the most chore-ish of chores, alongside the two arena battles a day - but those are easy to auto battle in my experience.

For someone who has never pulled for the CYL 1 units outside of Lyn and Lucina, 2 years is not a bad time frame to complete the set from free or off focus pulls.

Edited by Flying Shogi

Finished catching back up on the multi-map battles! Now the only thing I'm missing from the Story Maps section is... four of the last five Grandmaster Tactics Drills.

Wow, I was not expecting the Allegiance Battle quests to reset (I thought they’d just be a first week thing in honor of Golden Week). Got a Brave Celica that didn’t have a better asset than my current one, so Death Blow 4 for Cherche it is! 

Maybe I’ve just been really lucky but this has been an amazing Golden Week

11 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

Wow, I was not expecting the Allegiance Battle quests to reset (I thought they’d just be a first week thing in honor of Golden Week). Got a Brave Celica that didn’t have a better asset than my current one, so Death Blow 4 for Cherche it is! 

Maybe I’ve just been really lucky but this has been an amazing Golden Week

They suspiciously stopped giving us Arena Assault quests at the exact same time as they started giving us Allegiance Battle quests and made the Allegiance Battle quests give out almost exactly the same awards as one full week of Arena Assault quests.

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They suspiciously stopped giving us Arena Assault quests at the exact same time as they started giving us Allegiance Battle quests and made the Allegiance Battle quests give out almost exactly the same awards as one full week of Arena Assault quests.

Isn't it a mixture of AA and AB?  It looks like a net positive at 100 more feathers, with the added bonus of only having to do it once a week, and not every day.

@Ice Dragon

I think @kirauza343 was talking about the ones that give tickets. 5 tickets last week, and 5 tickets this week. It's not a surprise though because they said upfront in the Golden Week announcement that 10 tickets will be available from Allegiance Battle quests. Since last week's quests gave 5, we therefore would already have known to expect a further 5 this week.

Battling against friends is a very good feature. It's been requested for a long time.
Hopefully all of the refines will be good this time around. Otherwise we'll have to wait 3 years for them to improve a unit again because they can't bother going all out for older units' prfs like they do with new units. My prediction: Stahl and Sully won't be saved. They might some niche with gem+brave(horse bond), but is it worth the dew. Prob not.
Blessed Gardens discontinued... Yeah I'm happy. I've been strongly irritated by rehashed content with just more stats, but from what I remember they started to ease up on the difficulty towards the last set of maps. The rewards will be moved to Allegiance. They're trying to push their new mode.

I noticed they don't give refinery updates to f2p units anymore.

Oh man am I glad I didn't give Faye Guard Bow yet, she's getting a refine! Please be good please be good please be good please

Also loving a lot of the other QOL changes, the seal screen will finally require less scrolling (so when are you doing this for the SI screens, IS?), we're getting an icon if you haven't picked up R&R yet in AR (bless cause I haven't picked up any of that for a whole week, I just can't remember it), and we're getting mock battles in AR so you can practice against your friend's defense teams which is pretty neat.

And of course IS went ahead and ruined AB as soon as possible cause it will now have dew and orbs too. Which on one hand is great, but on the other hand I'm 99% sure you will get a lot more of that in the higher ranks and you can't get there without a L!Roy or L!Alm. I can only hope the difference isn't that big, I will very probably not be able to go for L!Alm for three months since his OG version is still escaping me :/

Also Blessed Gardens are stopping? Got mixed feelings about that, it was a great way to get some high rewards once in a while, but it was also a bother to make sure you have 12 blessed teams ready at all times. I hope AB giving more feathers and now also dew and orbs fully makes up for it at least.

I feel like I should care more about blessed gardens being scrapped, but

I just can't muster up enough of a shit to do so

Also, I hope I'm not the only person who's still somewhat confused on how the allegiance battles work. Maybe I'll figure it out along the way.

EDIT: Something very oddly coincidental I noticed, and got confirmed today. I always seem to get new shiny units whenever I need to go to bed early. It's like the game is like "come on, you know you want to level up this new 5-star we're going to give you on this night where you have stuff in the morning".

Edited by Sunwoo

Removing tedious old game modes and folding their rewards into existing modes is a win-win, very happy with that change and they should do more like it.