Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

11 hours ago, Humanoid said:

They went with (d) in the end, but to characterise it as a "ban" would not be accurate.

"Ban" is actually a perfectly correct term to describe the situation.

Belgium has deemed the game to violate their laws, and the game is now banned unless the publisher chooses to make changes to it to comply. Nintendo has chosen to comply with the ban and remove service to Belgium rather than make changes to satisfy Belgian laws to continue service.

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

40 minutes ago, XRay said:

They might do it in the future during the second rerun if there is one. We can also send feedback too.

Oh, I sent it already, believe me~ I'm fine with Tap Battle reruns but if they have no chance of giving the EX Accessories than I'd be a bit miffed since there's a far greater chance of people missing those than the normal ones so I hope they do give those out at some point~

16 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I've not been able to browse much the last few days, but has anyone talked about how FEH is getting banned in Belgium?  I didn't see a thread in the Heroes section.

Surprised we don't have a thread for it, but I suppose it just doesn't affect most people here. Bottom line is that losing the Belgian market is less costly than having to modify the game to be compliant. 

25 minutes ago, Johann said:

Surprised we don't have a thread for it, but I suppose it just doesn't affect most people here. Bottom line is that losing the Belgian market is less costly than having to modify the game to be compliant. 

Other European countries have similar laws, I hope IS will rethink their approach if they get banned in a couple of those. 

34 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

In the Event that I'm not alone, just realized that Pulse Smoke stops Galeforce from ever procing~

"After combat" skills that don't include the "if unit attacked" condition do not activate if the unit with the skill is killed during combat. If Athena had killed Pent in that video in that round of combat, she would have activated Galeforce.

37 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

In the Event that I'm not alone, just realized that Pulse Smoke stops Galeforce from ever procing~

Should put a trigger warning for Mamp

You have to ORKO the pulse smoke user to proc gale force because smoke skills don't work if the unit dies. 

46 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Other European countries have similar laws, I hope IS will rethink their approach if they get banned in a couple of those. 

It's possible, but I think it boils down to how much they lose from discontinuing the game in those places vs how much it costs to change the game's features or create an alternate version that is compliant with those laws. If you consider FEH as a promotional tool for mainline FE games and other Nintendo stuff, that may factor into the losses as well. The decision makers at Nintendo are surely deliberating what to do for the long term since those laws are getting more consideration in many countries.

43 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

"After combat" skills that don't include the "if unit attacked" condition do not activate if the unit with the skill is killed during combat. If Athena had killed Pent in that video in that round of combat, she would have activated Galeforce.

42 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

You have to ORKO the pulse smoke user to proc gale force because smoke skills don't work if the unit dies. 

Yeah, I didn't realize if she didn't KO it still wouldn't proc, thought it would have priority~ So good to know~

33 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

What's a smoke? That stuff that activates after my units killed everyone? ;-)

Indeed

42 minutes ago, Johann said:

It's possible, but I think it boils down to how much they lose from discontinuing the game in those places vs how much it costs to change the game's features or create an alternate version that is compliant with those laws. If you consider FEH as a promotional tool for mainline FE games and other Nintendo stuff, that may factor into the losses as well. The decision makers at Nintendo are surely deliberating what to do for the long term since those laws are getting more consideration in many countries.

I'm no expert, but perhaps it would be enough to get a gambling license in some countries. 

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

IIRC even now most of FEh's revenue comes from Japan, followed by USA. I don't have numbers to look at now though, so I could be wrong. But I feel like  FEh could afford to even cut out the majority of the European market and still be fine.

4 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

IIRC even now most of FEh's revenue comes from Japan, followed by USA. I don't have numbers to look at now though, so I could be wrong. But I feel like  FEh could afford to even cut out the majority of the European market and still be fine.

According to Sensor Tower as of February 2019, Japan was responsible for 56% of the total revenue while the United States contributed 31%, and the rest of the world accounted for the last 13%.

If you want something more recent, according to this Reddit post, for November 2018, Japan made up 60% of that month's revenue, while the United States only made up 28%, and the rest of the world obviously made up the last 12%.

Keep in mind most of these are estimates though, so take them with a grain of salt as they are not perfect. If you want actual official concrete numbers though, Nintendo does not release a whole lot of info. The most descriptive info I can find in terms of revenue by region is in their year end report back in 2018, with Japan contributing 42% of Heroes' Q4 revenue. You can find the rest of Nintendo's reports here on their investor relations English website.

The estimates are not perfect, but I agree that Nintendo will probably be fine if they remove Heroes from Europe.

So am I experiencing some bad luck or is this pretty normal for the game?

For the past few banners, I've reached 4.75% (Picnic Banner in which I gave up), 4.75% (Spring Banner and pitybroken by Libra right before his demotion), 4.75% (I don't even remember what banner this was). I'm trying to get Berkut or Mareeta for the Darkness Within and I've reached 5.0% for that banner. 

I'm so tired of just constantly wasting orbs...

Edited by zuibangde

4 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

So am I experiencing some bad luck or is this pretty normal for the game?

For the past few banners, I've reached 4.75% (Picnic Banner in which I gave up), 4.75% (Spring Banner and pitybroken by Libra right before his demotion), 4.75% (I don't even remember what banner this was). I'm trying to get Berkut or Mareeta for the Darkness Within and I've reached 5.0% for that banner. 

I'm so tired of just constantly wasting orbs...

Bad luck is normal.

I do not stop summoning until I reset the pity rate back down to 3% though, since it feels like a waste of Orbs to just leave the pity rate hanging. It is more efficient to spend Orbs in fewer Foci to take advantage of the pity rate increase rather than spreading your Orbs everywhere.

I personally do not recommend spending Orbs on any Focus unless you are prepared to spend a large sum of Orbs to reset your pity rate at least once. If you are only budgeting something like 50 or 100 Orbs for a Focus, then I recommend not spending those Orbs at all since you are probably not going to get much out of it most of the time.

So apparently Isolation prevents assist skills from being used on or by affected... except if the skill being used on them is a Rally?

I only just recently used Fjorm, so I might be a little late to the party... but what the hell.

Love TT. Almost 550 orbs. I prepare myself mentally for the next Mythic hero. But if its not Naga or Mila (Or a good surprise). I will try to skip. If the color is not red I am inclined to try preparing my A.Tiki for Astra season. We will see D=. Also tomorrow could be another bait with Julia...sadly the dragon fang banner will not cross with the next new hero banner. I might wait how lucky I am with the mythic hero and decide on scratching 1-2 merges there...decisions decisions...

Whoa I threw my orbs at Bridal banner and got both Pent and Fjorm aaaaaaahhhhhhhh

:awesome:

Already paired Pent with Louise and training them up on TT. Pent is +def -hp, kinda meh but who cares, his atk and spd aren't flawed, and Fjorm is +atk -res which is awesome for her high atk. Thank the Earth Mother!

4 hours ago, Xenomata said:

So apparently Isolation prevents assist skills from being used on or by affected... except if the skill being used on them is a Rally?

I only just recently used Fjorm, so I might be a little late to the party... but what the hell.

It definitely does prevent rallies. I just triple-checked against a friend’s map with a Rally Trap. Two questions:

1. Who did you apply Isolation to? Isolation is just like any other debuff; if the afflicted unit performs an action (like moving), it will go away.
  2. What Rally was it? Isolation prevents the afflicted unit from using or being targeted by assists, and won’t necessarily prevent them from being affected by assists. Rally Up(+) users can circumvent Isolation on their intended target by simply targeting someone else within 2 spaces of the afflicted unit.
Edited by LordFrigid

16 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

It definitely does prevent rallies. I just triple-checked against a friend’s map with a Rally Trap. Two questions:

1. Who did you apply Isolation to? Isolation is just like any other debuff; if the afflicted unit performs an action (like moving), it will go away.
  2. What Rally was it? Isolation prevents the afflicted unit from using or being targeted by assists, and won’t necessarily prevent them from being affected by assists. Rally Up(+) users can circumvent Isolation on their intended target by simply targeting someone else within 2 spaces of the afflicted unit.

It was just a Tempest Trial random unit with a tier 1 dual rally, but it was probably applied after they moved... wait doesn't that mean a unit is actually not unrefreshable if it goes away after they moved?

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

It was just a Tempest Trial random unit with a tier 1 dual rally, but it was probably applied after they moved... wait doesn't that mean a unit is actually not unrefreshable if it goes away after they moved?

Yes. I find that you really want to be applying Isolation to the Assist user in most cases.

I did have an AR battle where I used it to block a unit from receiving Restore+, but that’s the only time I’ve applied it to the intended Assist target.

Is it possible for a unit to have stats distributed in a way that when training them, they'll never get their 0-1 stat level up line?

Sigh, so last Blessed Garden map :(

This was much easier than the previous ones imo.

Map 1 - Leon, L!Roy, Fir, Narcian

Roy boosts his allies, Leon repositions Narcian and he engages the lance cav until he dies on EP, the rest approach looking for Narcian to the right. Fir repositions Roy so he can counter kill the green mage, the enemy fliers move right looking for Narcian while he goes down. Next phase Roy recovers with Renewal and counter kills Takumi. Next phase Leon chips Tiki and Roy finishes her off.

Map 2 - S! Loki, L!Hector, Nino, Chrom

Hector moves below the house (?) to counter kill both Camilla and Takumi with Nino's help (she has spur atk/res 2 from a Libra). Tiki and Linde move through the right path to engage Loki and Chrom. Loki chips Tiki and Chrom (Sealed Falchion, Brazen Atk/Def 3) finishes her off. Linde doubles Chrom making him enter brazen range and gets inflicted by Threaten Def 1 seal. Chrom one shots her.

Map 3 - Surtr, L!Marth, S!Micaiah and Fell Robin (M)

Grima counter kills Ryoma with Micaiah's dance. Elincia dances the lance cav and he almost one shots Marth, but he survives. Surtr threatens the cav and Grima finishes him off. Elincia hits Surtr and then he ends her life. Micaiah chips the sword fighter while being tanked by Surtr and they end the swordies life.

The water blessing went to Leanne because she deserves it :)

Officially finished with Blessed Gardens! I didn't find the last one too bad either. My teams:

1. Winter Tharja, Hardin, Amelia, Legendary Ephraim
  2. Legendary Hector, PA Inigo, Spring Bruno, Sharena
  3. Spring Camilla, Summer Corrin, NY Azura, Elincia

The summer enemies were a bit scary, but my armors handled them just fine. The dancers were easy prey for my blade tomes.