Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I beat it! I beat all the Blessed Gardens Grounds. The last one was Grounds Wind 10 and it was awful. The first map I figured out and in thanks to Hrid showing up, but the second map and especially the third map with the invincible Black Knight were a pain. Second map was finicky in how I had to do it otherwise someone dies while with the third map, getting to it and trying to see what worked or didn't was the issue. My wind blessed heroes are kind of crappy, but also hilariously enough is the only group with a healer, bride Lyn. None of them are heavily merged unlike and some of them aren't even invested well into like summer Tana was just blessed today to use a wind blessing.

Spoiler

First map with Hrid (+Def, -Spd) with a Distant Def 3 seal, Gunnthra +3 (+Spd, -HP) with Draw Back and a Drive Atk 2 seal, regular Myrrh (+Def, -Res) with Swap and an Iote's Shield seal, and Nailah (+Spd, -Def). Gunnthra's debuffs helped Hrid take out the green mage and after that it was picking apart the units where Nailah dealt with zanbato sword infantry and red mage, and Bruno and the archer got teamed up on. Figuring that out made redoing the grounds like a system. Do this and that to get to the second map.

Second map with Hinata +1 (+Atk, -HP) with Pivot, Bonfire, and Spur Spd 3, legendary Lucina +1 (+Spd, -Def) with Luna, Nephenee (+HP, -Atk) with Swap, Bonfire, and Spur Def/Res 2, and summer Tana (+HP, -Atk). Tana begins the enemy's movement by taking a chunk of HP out of the sword armor and continues helping with chipping away at the enemy Nephenee who needed follow Hinata correctly or else Tana couldn't chip away at her enough from the right side for Lucina and my Nephenee to take her out. Hinata dealt with the axe flier and both Lucina and Nephenee dealt with the lance flier, sword armor, and Elincia. Sometimes Tana too on some of the runs since apparently she can double Elincia if she's at full health and with legendary Lucina's speed buff.

Third map I sort of brute forced it by bringing along winter Lissa with a defense refined Handbell+, Swap, and Death Blow 3 and spoopy Myrrh (+Atk, -HP) with Swap. Spoopy Myrrh's Armor March let them move around more easily and their Fighter skills and spoopy Myrrh's Spirit Breath destroyed the enemies for the most part. I say this since in my last failed run, I noticed that Lissa failed to secure some kills on enemy phase. Gave her a Quick Riposte 3 seal and Obstruct 3 seal to Myrrh for reasons. I don't even know if it helped at all. The other two were Lewyn (+Atk, -Res) with Draw Back, Blazing Wind, and a Flashing Blade 3 seal and bride Lyn (+Spd, -Res) with a Wrathful Staff refined Candlelight+, Speed +3, Hone Atk 3, and a Spur Spd 3 seal. Lewyn didn't really do much but helped bride Lyn move around a bit and tanked a hit on some of the failed runs. I guess he was bait at times? Not really sure. Bride Lyn on the other hand, kept Lissa and Myrrh alive. The successful attempt, she had to tank a hit and both Lissa and Myrrh barely survived. I think Myrrh lived with around 9 HP and Lissa had to be healed up before her last fight with an axe? flier. I had everyone race to the upper left corner to run away from the enemies. In the end, Lewyn was in the upper left corner of the map, Lissa was on the north bridge, and Myrrh acted as a wall to prevent anyone from finishing off bride Lyn.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 hours ago, Kaden said:

I just asked this question on the Ask thread, but between +Res and +Spd for legendary Tiki: https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/68792-ask-fire-emblem-heroes-questions-and-get-them-answered-here-thread/&do=findComment&comment=5447473. I guess you can get input on it from the +Spd side if it gets answered.

As for CYL Hector, how much did you invest into the other one? If he's rocking his base skills or inherited some common skills you have, then sure burn away, but if you heavily invested in him which I'm guessing you might not have since you're considering using him for Bold Fighter, then it might be better to merge into the +Atk one. It also goes without saying that Draug would be a good user of Ignis, so plan your skill inheritance accordingly. You could get Even Resistance Wave 3, but the only other units with it are New Year's Fjorm and Selkie. Slaying Weapon, Ignis/Glacies, and Bold Fighter is a staple build for armors. That said, Draug also has decent speed, good for an armor, and Special Fighter works well on him too.

The skill inheritance thing also extends to legendary Tiki. Zelgius can pick up Fierce Breath and Bold Fighter 3 from her if you wish since he comes with Fierce Stance 3. Otherwise, you're only really going to be able to get Bold Fighter 3 and New Moon/Moonbow from her since the only other skills she has are Flametongue and her personal With Everyone! C passive.

Thing with Bold Fighter is people slap a Quick Riposte seal onto the armor letting them double with Bold Fighter on player phase and double on enemy phase with Quick Riposte. With legendary Tiki coming with Fierce Breath, her special charge will always be increased in one way or another on both phases. Instant Moonbow/Glimmer on counter and she targets resistance which is usually lower than defense. Halloween Myrrh with Special Fighter is a scary thing since her attack is higher, especially with +Atk, and Spirit Breath allows her to double on player phase if her defense is >= the foe's Def+5, but that's another story.

Anyway, speed is still useful for an armor with Bold Fighter on player phase. It still prevents doubles which could save her against someone who somehow survives against her and it's another speed check she can pass if the foe is using Wary Fighter, but legendary Tiki is likely to be much faster than the probably slow armor with Wary Fighter.

On another note, I hope the next regular unit demote has Fierce Stance. That's all I want for Jeorge. I know I can use Death Blow, Fury, L&D, or whatever, but I just want Fierce Stance on him. +18 attack on defense against ranged units, man! ?

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Depends on the mode and enemies she faces. +Atk is better in modes where enemies are slower, while +Spd is better in modes where enemies are faster.

If you are not sure what you want her to do, I would go with +Spd. +Atk is great for Player Phase if you can guarantee doubles (such as via Brave Weapons or Bold Fighter) or if you can get it really high to one shot things (e.g.: Lilina, Ophelia), but +Atk is generally the worst Asset for Enemy Phase units with few exceptions (such Counter-Vantage, Omnibreaker, etc.). +Spd is good on both Player Phase and Enemy Phase, as the unit is more likely to double as well as preventing enemies' doubles.

As @Kaden have said, you basically want to have as minimal a loss as possible on resources. If you did not give your bad nature valuable skills, then foddering the bad nature to Draug is fine. However, if you gave it something valuable like Armor March or something, then I would just merge.

I haven't invested anything into any of the Hectors or Tikis.

So from the sound your posts though, I still don't really have a definitive answer. ? But I appreciate the help.

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I haven't invested anything into any of the Hectors or Tikis.

So from the sound your posts though, I still don't really have a definitive answer. ? But I appreciate the help.

If you are not sure what you are going to do with LD!Y!Tiki, then go with +Spd. +Spd is the most flexible nature as it works well on both phases. While +Atk benefits both phases, its Enemy Phase benefit is kind of negligible compared to its Player Phase benefit, as +Spd/Def/Res and even +HP generally matters much more than +Atk on Enemy Phase.

What we are saying is that if AOTB!Hector does not have anything valuable, then foddering him to Draug is fine. If you do, you probably also want to give him Quick Riposte Sacred Seal so he can double on Enemy Phase too more reliably.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you are not sure what you are going to do with LD!Y!Tiki, then go with +Spd. +Spd is the most flexible nature as it works well on both phases. While +Atk benefits both phases, its Enemy Phase benefit is kind of negligible compared to its Player Phase benefit, as +Spd/Def/Res and even +HP generally matters much more than +Atk on Enemy Phase.

What we are saying is that if AOTB!Hector does not have anything valuable, then foddering him to Draug is fine. If you do, you probably also want to give him Quick Riposte Sacred Seal so he can double on Enemy Phase too more reliably.

Okay then, sounds good to me.

Yes, I know you said that about Hector. I'm wondering if getting rid of a -Def bane would just be better for him in the long run.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

but +Atk is generally the worst Asset for Enemy Phase units with few exceptions

@Kaden @Anacybele

On the contrary, I run almost all of my enemy-phase units with +Atk. In general, unless you're using the unit in an endurance mode (Aether raids, reinforcements, etc.), the additional bulk isn't usually necessary for units that already have high bulk since you're probably only going to use them for 1 or 2 rounds of combat. In that case, +Atk gives you the best performance as it will generally give you more kills than a defensive Asset does.

On armors, I'd go +Atk if you're running Bold Fighter, Vengeful Fighter, Quick Riposte, or Wary Fighter and +Spd if you're running Special Fighter or if it's a fast dual-phase armor that isn't running both Bold Fighter and Quick Riposte.

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

You can just sit on it and wait until you figure out an answer. Unless you constantly run into space issues like I do, keeping multiple copies of 5* exclusive units is fine. Maybe something will happen and you'll summon another one who might have the worse boon/bane combo ever and at that point you might figure or feel like that it would be fine to use one for skill inheritance.

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I'm wondering if getting rid of a -Def bane would just be better for him in the long run.

For me, that's a question of how much you like the character and how much you use him. Merging would give him back =Def and that's a tasty 39 base defense, but using him for Bold Fighter and Ignis or Even Resistance Wave would greatly improve Draug or whoever and if you like the other armor, then that's definitely good too. What you choose to do is up to you.

6 hours ago, XRay said:

While +Atk benefits both phases, its Enemy Phase benefit is kind of negligible compared to its Player Phase benefit, as +Spd/Def/Res and even +HP generally matters much more than +Atk on Enemy Phase.

But attack superassets on Eirika, Selena, Subaki, Sully, and spring Xander, though. ?

Edited by Kaden

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

For me, that's a question of how much you like the character and how much you use him. Merging would give him back =Def and that's a tasty 39 base defense, but using him for Bold Fighter and Ignis or Even Resistance Wave would greatly improve Draug or whoever and if you like the other armor, then that's definitely good too. What you choose to do is up to you.

Hector's really good no matter which version of him you're talking about, so I can see myself using him a good bit. I get space issues sometimes too though...

I have completed all the currently legendary/mythic Abyssal maps using a team of Tharja, Rein, dark Azura, and legAzura. The most difficult map for me was legEirika's with the dozen reinforcements that spawn in several turns in. Also, I fully dragonflowered Tharja she pulled her weight today. 

I completed my Oscar since I pulled not one, but FOUR +Spd Oscars on the Naga banner. lol Game, I only needed one. XD

R26aAOS.png

49 Spd on initiation, yo. 53 Atk is nothing to sneeze at either. I'll probably give him more merges in the future when I finish my current projects in female Robin and Silas, this dude will kill people with his SQUINT with these stats! And then imagine adding horse buffs on top of that...

Edited by Anacybele

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Hector's really good no matter which version of him you're talking about, so I can see myself using him a good bit. I get space issues sometimes too though...

I meant more on if the character in question is your favorite or not. So, someone might really like Barst and wants to build and merge him up knowing that doing so could cost them a lot of Repositions and Spur Atk sources which Barst can give fully with the recent skill inheritance cap going up to four skills. Or someone really likes Virion even if Virion isn't the greatest of units. Another thing is that you could have a favorite unit, but for whatever reason they just don't get fielded often.

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

I meant more on if the character in question is your favorite or not. So, someone might really like Barst and wants to build and merge him up knowing that doing so could cost them a lot of Repositions and Spur Atk sources which Barst can give fully with the recent skill inheritance cap going up to four skills. Or someone really likes Virion even if Virion isn't the greatest of units. Another thing is that you could have a favorite unit, but for whatever reason they just don't get fielded often.

Well, Hector isn't a favorite, like I said. But he's a very good unit, as I said, so I'd use him more than I normally would a character I don't care a lot for.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, Hector isn't a favorite, like I said. But he's a very good unit, as I said, so I'd use him more than I normally would a character I don't care a lot for.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. Just wanted to clarify what I meant.

Speaking of liking characters, I have some weird reasons for liking spring Loki and liking bride Louise more. With Loki, it's her "I wonder if I could hop, hop, hop right up into the heavens?" line. The way Erika Ishii delivers that line, especially how she repeats hop and follows into "right up into the heavens?", sounds so good to me. "Funny bunny!" and "All warm and fuzzy" are fun lines from her too. I hope she ends up voicing a different character in FEH one day. With Louise, I like her standard attack grunts. I don't know, maybe it's because they just sound like they're coming from a battle-hardened warrior which is very fitting considering who she is or that they're simple, but very deliberate sounding.

29 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Yeah, I get what you're saying. Just wanted to clarify what I meant.

Speaking of liking characters, I have some weird reasons for liking spring Loki and liking bride Louise more. With Loki, it's her "I wonder if I could hop, hop, hop right up into the heavens?" line. The way Erika Ishii delivers that line, especially how she repeats hop and follows into "right up into the heavens?", sounds so good to me. "Funny bunny!" and "All warm and fuzzy" are fun lines from her too. I hope she ends up voicing a different character in FEH one day. With Louise, I like her standard attack grunts. I don't know, maybe it's because they just sound like they're coming from a battle-hardened warrior which is very fitting considering who she is or that they're simple, but very deliberate sounding.

Okay then.

I do admit Bunny Loki has some amusing lines despite that I never cared for Loki or her design in general.

I just noticed that the first level of Close Guard finally has 1 after it. It used to be Close Guard, Close Guard 2, and Close Guard 3. For reference:

14 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

On the contrary, I run almost all of my enemy-phase units with +Atk. In general, unless you're using the unit in an endurance mode (Aether raids, reinforcements, etc.), the additional bulk isn't usually necessary for units that already have high bulk since you're probably only going to use them for 1 or 2 rounds of combat. In that case, +Atk gives you the best performance as it will generally give you more kills than a defensive Asset does.

On armors, I'd go +Atk if you're running Bold Fighter, Vengeful Fighter, Quick Riposte, or Wary Fighter and +Spd if you're running Special Fighter or if it's a fast dual-phase armor that isn't running both Bold Fighter and Quick Riposte.

Assuming the tank survives and the enemy is not running Guard or something, while +Atk does deal higher damage overall, +Def/Res also gives Atk in the form of Bonfire/Iceberg or Ignis/Glacies, with each point you put into Def/Res also means you put 0.5 or 0.8 points in Atk depending on the Special. 1 point in Atk equates to 1 point in stats, but 1 point in Def/Res equates to 1.5 or 1.8 in stats.

12 hours ago, Kaden said:

But attack superassets on Eirika, Selena, Subaki, Sully, and spring Xander, though. ?

Generally, most units have sufficient Atk, but those with super low Atk may probably want more Atk.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

I just noticed that the first level of Close Guard finally has 1 after it. It used to be Close Guard, Close Guard 2, and Close Guard 3.

That isn't the only minor change either. The last name of Rutger's English voice actor (Brian Kimmet) now only has one "t" when it used to have two. 

46 minutes ago, XRay said:

Assuming the tank survives and the enemy is not running Guard or something, while +Atk does deal higher damage overall, +Def/Res also gives Atk in the form of Bonfire/Iceberg or Ignis/Glacies, with each point you put into Def/Res also means you put 0.5 or 0.8 points in Atk depending on the Special. 1 point in Atk equates to 1 point in stats, but 1 point in Def/Res equates to 1.5 or 1.8 in stats.

Individual points in stats are not worth the same amount. Having 2 1-dollar bills is worth less than having 1 10-dollar bill.

In the case where you're only fighting one or two rounds of combat, those extra points in Def or Res are less likely to make a difference in the outcome of a round of combat than extra points in Atk, and in the case where you are fighting many rounds of combat, it depends entirely on how much you've already stacked in those stats and if you're running Aether instead of a faster Special.

Look Training Tower, I know Olwen pretty much sucks compared to her brother but this is ridiculous.

bMe87Hc.png?1

Oh and assuming I did the math right, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have even been able to one-round Mareeta (23 Res). Truly making her brother proud.

19 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Look Training Tower, I know Olwen pretty much sucks compared to her brother but this is ridiculous.

bMe87Hc.png?1

Oh and assuming I did the math right, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have even been able to one-round Mareeta (23 Res). Truly making her brother proud.

Let her quad Mareeta and be happy for a phase.

This week I spent the rest of the orbs I had and I really got some nice 5☆s. Finished the fallen banner getting Berkut and my free pull on Legendary banner was Naga herself! Both Berkut and Naga are +HP -Atk, kinda meh but it can be worked out. I did a second round on Naga's banner and got Velouria and Fjörm, Velouria's +Atk -Hp and Fjorm was merged with my first version of her but is still +Res. Looking forward for the next heroes banner!

22 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

That isn't the only minor change either. The last name of Rutger's English voice actor (Brian Kimmet) now only has one "t" when it used to have two. 

Didn't catch that. That makes two voice actors whose names were corrected later on. Him and Connor Kelley who was credited as Conner Kelley at first.

On another subject, for aesthetic reasons, which blessing should I give to Jeorge? He isn't associated with an element unlike Linde and Merric, but apparently Parthia's animations in some of the games had a fire effect. In that case, a fire blessing would work and it would also complement Jeorge's red outfit. Also, if they ever do a minor animation update, Parthia shooting fire arrows would be pretty neat.

Edit: Forgot to talk about this, but Brian Kimmet's voice for Rutger reminds me of Zer0 from Borderlands 2.

Edited by Kaden

10 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Cleared all of the MHB's and LHB's available this month. Man, it feels great looking at those green check marks. 

I still got bouncing exclamation points on em.

I got no use for those accessories.

8 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I still got bouncing exclamation points on em.

I got no use for those accessories.

I do them so I don't have to look at the exclamation points. The accessories are just a nice bonus.

Yesterday I did a Thing:

I cleared Eirikas and Lyn's Infernal maps (bonus: without having to use a guide), - and with that - i've cleared every single LHB/BHB to date. I needed guides for some so my next goal will be to see if i can do it without them - some Abyssals, i simply don't care about the accessory so i won't bother).  - but considering i started playing (really playing not just doing the story etc) in September, I think close to my 1 year anniversary of playing that this is exceptional. 

I know a lot of people here have helped me, and i gathered advice along the way. there is a lot of content that is hard and I still can't touch (blessed gardens, etc, for one - just need more resources etc), but knowing i can really work out how to do infernal MHBs (and GHBs etc) where before i couldn't even do hard on some of them is such an accomplishment for me. it just takes time and patience.