Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

11 minutes ago, stk5 said:

People probably shouldn't kick themselves too much over pronouncing "Jugdral" differently all this time. It's a misleading spelling — "ju" isn't a common way of writing /y/ or even /ɪ/.

That's because "ju" is what happens when you go from Norse to Japanese to something-using-a-Latin-character-set. "Jugdral" should be pronounced roughly as /'ju:gdrəl/, not as /'y:gdrəl/.

It's pretty much the same reason the "e" in "guacamole" is /i:/ in English and not /e/ as it is in Spanish.

And it's also what happened when "sehnsucht" turned into "ゼーンズフト", which then got rendered back into Latin characters as "Zanezphte". "Zanezphte" is not pronounced the same as "sehnsucht", but it is a valid re-romanization of "ゼーンズフト" if you want to be fancy with your letter choices, and I find that perfectly acceptable if you're trying to look unique.

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's because "ju" is what happens when you go from Norse to Japanese to something-using-a-Latin-character-set. "Jugdral" should be pronounced roughly as /'ju:gdrəl/, not as /'y:gdrəl/.

I agree. There are a lot of things to take into account when localizing, and sometimes the references are hard to pick up. (For example, if a fan translator doesn't have access to auxiliary material.) And to reiterate what somebody else said earlier, in this series, it's generally just using names without using the origins of those names to inform the characters or enhance the story (other than some geographic/cultural grouping sometimes), so it's not a big deal most of the time.

This time tomorrow, my Titania should be matching the Titania of my avatar as I imagined her 3 years ago.

Just now, Landmaster said:

It's been a long time coming for your sunglasses~

I'm surprised it took so long to be honest.  It's one of the first things you think of when you think of accessories.  We got like 50 hairpins and only two glasses, and neither of them sunglasses until now.

Oh what the hell Allegiance Battles can reward partial totals of what Blessed Gardens gave.

Great and wonderful, now my freaking Divine Dews are no longer numeric multiples of 5. COULDN'T JUST LEAVE IT AT MY FEATHERS COULD YOU?

Edited by Xenomata

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

For females, the order is

1. Anna (Awakening)
  2. Louise
  3. Thrasir
  4. Jill

We don't know if Farfetched Heroes will skip Louise or not due to her recent seasonal version since this situation has never happened before. We do have precedence for characters not appearing due to being already planned for another banner (Micaiah), so Thrasir is unlikely. This means it'll be Anna and either Louise or Jill.

For males, the order is

1. Bruno
  2. Lif
  3. Grima?
  4. Conrad
  5. Nils

Which is really weird. Bruno is unlikely. He's likely to be on an eventual banner with vanilla Veronica sometime in the not-so-near future. Lif is also unlikely for the same reason as Thrasir.

Grima... I have no idea about because he's kind of sort of in the game already. Also not even sure if he actually counts as male.

I'm guessing Conrad and Nils unless we get another Blazing Sword banner with Nils on it, in which case Shinon is next.

I get the feeling they're gonna skip over Louise, unfortunately. I'd really like her in the game proper. But at the same time, she probably should debut with Pent proper anyway.

For the guys, I'm thinking Nils and Shinon might actually be it. I feel like Conrad might come before then. But man, who knows? Tough to predict, this batch.

2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I get the feeling they're gonna skip over Louise, unfortunately. I'd really like her in the game proper. But at the same time, she probably should debut with Pent proper anyway.

For the guys, I'm thinking Nils and Shinon might actually be it. I feel like Conrad might come before then. But man, who knows? Tough to predict, this batch.

Would Anna count since we already have a version of Anna in the game since launch? @Ice Dragon

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Would Anna count since we already have a version of Anna in the game since launch? @Ice Dragon

Anna from Awakening should be considered for Farfetched Heroes because she is not the same Anna we have in Heroes. They are two complete seperate people especially if CYL went out of their way to split all her votes. It's almost like saying should Arthur from FE4 not be consider for Farfetched Heroes just because Arthur from FE15 already being in the game. Plus they put Owain in Brave Redux despite already being in the game as Odin.

Edited by NSSKG151

Mark my words.

The reason they've been holding out on an Anna alt for so long is because, when we least expect it, they're going to release a New Heroes banner with nothing but Annas.

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm not picky. Nor do I know what to predict. It'll likely be some vague "family or beloved" theme again, there must be one unit of each Color as well. I don't really want Brave Micaiah, so much as I'll make an exemption from my anti-alt rules for the Braves, and Micaiah is simply the one I like the most of the four this time I guess.

Would you get upset if Micaiah steals Sephiran's tome or staff? I recall you getting upset when Ephraim and Eirika stole their respective weapons, correct me if I'm wrong. 

On 6/9/2019 at 10:24 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sounds like a nice Greil Mercenaries reference to me. Mostly infantry and two horses- forgetting about Gatrie that is.

So, are you going to use divine dew on Oscar? 

Edited by Icelerate

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Shinon and Jill better come with weapons effective against beast units.

I just realized that none of the Tellius Bow users are in the game. Maybe we could get something like this:

Leonardo - Lughnasadh (Spd+3 + Slaying effect)

Rolf - Rolf's Bow (Death Blow 3 effect)

Shinon - Silencer (Beast Effectiveness)

Astrid - Double Bow (Close Counter effect)

5 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Hey when I do intermediate Forging Bonds my characters get 7.00 Hero Merit instead of the ~3.5 they would normally get. Why is the amount doubled in this mode?

Says both in the news item and on the FB main menu itself that both HM and SP are doubled now in the mode, it's a new permanent change.

7 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Would you get upset if Micaiah steals Sephiran's tome or staff? I recall you getting upset when Ephraim and Eirika stole their respective weapons, correct me if I'm wrong. 

Sephiran has two associated weapons thankfully. And I am quietly optimistic they'll slip him in sooner or later. Although the PC-as-GHB method is being increasingly used as this game progresses to midlife with less than 50% of all FE characters in (and you have the odd cases of Fobin, Fana, and Panne who violate even this general "rule"), which therefore is not a non-negligible threat to his inclusion.

If we stick look at PCs who start as enemies in Tellius:

• Ilyana
  • Zihark
  • Jill does appear as an enemy in Blood Runs Red, although you recruit her when she is an NPC
  • Makalov
  • Muarim is a boss in the chapter he joins after
  • Devdan
  • Shinon is an enemy before re-recruitment in PoR
  • Tauroneo
  • Ena is a boss in one chapter before she is possibly recruited later
  • Aran
  • Technically in a way you can count anyone who appears in 3-6, 3-7, 3-12, 3-13, or 3-F. But I don't think IS would do this.

Competition for a GHB slot on the general "rule" of being an enemy or enemy-cum-ally is fairly weak. Jill likely won't be subjected to the GHB fate, nor Ilyana, and maybe not Shinon. Makalov, Devdan, Tauroneo, Muarim, and Aran are all not likely inclusions for the time being. Ena I could see, were it not for her being the lone playable female Dragon Laguz. Zihark I haven't an idea what they'd do with him.

As for villains, well Ashnard has the call on the PoR slot, but for an RD one, Sephiran really doesn't have any real competition, Jarod, Ludveck, Lekain, Pretzel, Zelgius's Boot Cleaner, Kefka's Laugh Thief, Other Senator, and Sephy's old friend and lone real rival. Ashera is going to be on the pedestal of Mythic with her other half that way. Although if Sephiran took to Mythic, he very well could not, then Order Incarnate is competition stronger than he.

7 hours ago, Icelerate said:

So, are you going to use divine dew on Oscar? 

I haven't ever uses the Stones, so all I have is a tiny, tiny amount of Divine Dew from FBs past, not enough for anything. 

Seeing how there is no way to grind up my supply of the stuff, despite it in no way being powercreep presently if I could, I'll never have enough to afford all refines I could probably want. I think even longtime players I hear have Divine Dew issues. So if they can't keep up, I without a way to grind supplies have no shot closing that very big gulf being only a 6-month player. Therefore, I'll probably never end up spending my Dew, being I'll never be able to decide what to invest this very limited resource in.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Therefore, I'll probably never end up spending my Dew, being I'll never be able to decide what to invest this very limited resource in.

I would spend it on units that you use often or are your favorites.

I use ranged units and the Askr Trio a lot, so most of it is spent on them.

Great. Not only we will probably get the Three House leaders (Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude) in FEH, but we already have alts for them? Their 5 years older versions?

Edited by Diovani Bressan

18 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Great. Not only we will probably get the Three House leaders (Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude) in FEH, but we already have alts for them? Their 5 years older versions?

Basically everyone x2. Have fun with TH shotgun banners lol.

If this game will be do really well they'll milk it. Echoes was a success in their eyes, but let's be real. It didn't break sales records or something for them. And it's kinda reflected in CYL2. A lot of Fates and Awakening characters in top 100 compared to the few Echoes ones.

27 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah, look....can we at least save the complaining for when/if it becomes relevant please? Oh and while we're at it, stop acting like alts are all literal excrement from Satan's you-know-where?

Though, I suppose it's easy for me to be perfectly content today since I got the Spyro Reignited Switch port that I really wanted. After that, nothing else mattered to me though Banjo & Kazooie look dope too.

22 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, look....can we at least save the complaining for when/if it becomes relevant please? Oh and while we're at it, stop acting like alts are all literal excrement from Satan's you-know-where?

Though, I suppose it's easy for me to be perfectly content today since I got the Spyro Reignited Switch port that I really wanted. After that, nothing else mattered to me though Banjo & Kazooie look dope too.

To be fair, I kinda said that as a joke, because I so hyped for the game, and the 5 Years timeskip was a surprised for me! I didn't expected that! And some of the designs are better, especially Dimitri's.

Also... BANJO-KAZOOIE!

Edited by Diovani Bressan

20 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

His rag doll physics front end from Dante's Inferno the video game? -Or so I hear of that.

Although I do agree certain alts are within the boundaries of justifiable canon.

And if you want to practice, I'll gladly pretend and assume the role of a 3H hater whining about all the attention it gets in FEH while other games wither on the vines. In fact, I'll write some pretend essays on why X is a bad villain and Y is a perfect and awful hero.

And good for the Spyro port! I have a few but not too fond memories of it as a kid, so I can understand to a degree. Just hope that they don't do what they did on the other systems and make the physical version of the game only 1/3rd on the actual physical medium and the rest must be downloaded.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

20 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

To be fair, I kinda said that as a joke, because I so hyped for the game, and the 5 Years timeskip was a surprised for me! I didn't expected that! And some of the designs are better, especially Dimitri's.

Also... BAJO-KAZOOIE!

Alright, fair. I'm certainly looking forward to Three Houses next month as well though not as much as the CTR remake next week and then Spyro in September.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And good for the Spyro port! I have a few but not too fond memories of it as a kid, so I can understand to a degree. Just hope that they don't do what they did on the other systems and make the physical version of the game only 1/3rd on the actual physical medium and the rest must be downloaded.

The original PS1 trilogy and Crash Bandicoot (2, 3, Team Racing, Bash) were huge parts of my childhood so having the ability to play both original trilogies + Team Racing on the go is something I could only dream of back then.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

better then the uknown stuff we are getting lately. I will play Three Houses, but the banners this year, outside of OC characters  are for me like "who the fuck is that?".

Not everyone played path of radiance etc Fire emblem games.

I just played the new story chapter and...

Spoiler

What. So now Alfonse says Lif isn't really Lif, but HIMSELF? This just got weird. Next we're probably going to hear that Thrasir is actually Veronica. I do have one question though. If this Askr was ruined because of huge consequences to a Rite that Askr and Embla performed, meaning everyone is dead, more or less, why have we not seen undead versions of Sharena and Anna yet? And Henriette for that matter? Will they show up later? I hope so, otherwise that doesn't make much sense. Though I suppose not ALL of them have to show. Hel could've just chosen not to deploy one or more.