Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

So, apparently it was summer Laegjarn who introduced Swift Sparrow 3 and her blue "tome" is a copy of Forseti making her a blue, flying Lewyn. No Special Spiral, but better movement and easy Goad Fliers stacking. I didn't check out the trailer, so I didn't know who had introduced Swift Sparrow 3 or what the leaked units had for skills. Summer Laegjarn's tome looked like a dagger or something and I thought she'd be a blue dagger instead of a blue mage.

On another note, a CYL Ephraim showed up as an off-banner summon. Unlike the first two that showed up on the CYL2 debut banner, this Ephraim doesn't have a great asset and flaw combo, so I have no qualms using him for skill inheritance and I definitely had no qualms turning him into a combat manual to create some space. I'm tempted to build LA Eliwood now since I can give him Special Fighter and I think I have enough grails to +10 him, but Special Fighter Duma, Idunn, or Myrrh, though... They already have a B passive and a Fighter skill.

Edited by Kaden

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Flashing blade is now FTP thanks to yilgr, I don't think this changes much, but it certainly is a thing of note.

It's also a seal. Though I guess you could put darting blow seal on her

Just now, redlight said:

It's also a seal. Though I guess you could put darting blow seal on her

guess now you have two ways to do that, I mean it is a noteworthy skill, so I thought it best to note, some people don't even know that naesala gives swift sparrow.

I'm sure that there will be some builds will require flashing blade and two b slots though.

I can't think of someone who would really, really want Mirror Impact besides summer Laevatein considering her low speed. There's legendary Alm, Kagero, and Saizo, I guess, but there isn't anyone like Flora where Sturdy Impact helps her a lot by boosting her defense even higher against Distant Counter units and preventing follow-ups should she fail to ORKO someone. Maybe we'll another unit one day who is the opposite of Flora and who gets a ton of resistance by fighting certain units. Watch it be Virion as his new bow boosts his resistance to ridiculously high numbers in combat. Anyway, it feels like Warding Stance all over again, but worse since Mirror Impact is a tier four skill.

Edited by Kaden

54 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I mean it is a noteworthy skill

Heavy Blade 4 (whenever it is released) and Flashing Blade 4 are so-so, but Heavy Blade 3 and Flashing Blade 3 are crap in my opinion. The A slot is too valuable for anything other than stat increases.

With Swift Sparrow 3 out now, Flashing Blade 4 is also completely obsolete and worthless. Swift Sparrow 3-Flashing Blade gives you guaranteed Atk+6, guaranteed Spd+7, and conditional cooldown charge rate increase. In contrast, Flashing Blade 4-Darting Blow gives conditional Atk+5, guaranteed Spd+6, and conditional cooldown charge rate increase.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Heavy Blade 4 (whenever it is released) and Flashing Blade 4 are so-so, but Heavy Blade 3 and Flashing Blade 3 are crap in my opinion. The A slot is too valuable for anything other than stat increases.

With Swift Sparrow 3 out now, Flashing Blade 4 is also completely obsolete and worthless. Swift Sparrow 3-Flashing Blade gives you guaranteed Atk+6, guaranteed Spd+7, and conditional cooldown charge rate increase. In contrast, Flashing Blade 4-Darting Blow gives conditional Atk+5, guaranteed Spd+6, and conditional cooldown charge rate increase.

maybe swift sparrow 3 is perfect if you are a whale, but if you are FTP, you take what you can get, swift sparrow 3 isn't easily accessible, especially if you are currently light on orbs. Knowing what you actually have access to is important for clears.

two more weeks, just two more weeks before I +10 Naesala~ I'm so ecstatic 😁

I tend to drift between T12-T14 of AR by doing the bare minimum, so it's taken a while to get to this point. I'll end up with both needed copies right when his GHB rerun is due. Just need feathers since giving Reyson 3 merge levels and promoting some f2p units wiped my stash. At least I have Panne and M!Robin at 5*. Fingers are crossed for Summer Hríd next month. That's my birthday wish outside of 3H, IS! 

4 hours ago, XRay said:

You only have one Flashing Blade and one Darting Blow Sacred Seal each, so the build is still viable to be able to run both in one team (or over one Assault mode).

Huh, All-Piering Arrows is the first Grandmaster TD I managed to solve on my own!

...listen, maybe it was easy for you, but I usually don't have the patience for these things. I consider this mildly impressive.

6 hours ago, silverserpent said:

two more weeks, just two more weeks before I +10 Naesala~ I'm so ecstatic 😁

I tend to drift between T12-T14 of AR by doing the bare minimum, so it's taken a while to get to this point. I'll end up with both needed copies right when his GHB rerun is due. Just need feathers since giving Reyson 3 merge levels and promoting some f2p units wiped my stash. At least I have Panne and M!Robin at 5*. Fingers are crossed for Summer Hríd next month. That's my birthday wish outside of 3H, IS! 

I need to get feather grinding so I can use my grails to +10 Naesala, I think I have enough saved since I have been saving since they were put in the game it is just the feathers get used for other things.  I am with you on summer Hrid for a Bday wish, my Bday is right around when the TT after this one will start so I am hoping since it will be another swim suit unit it will be a guy and not another girl.

9 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I need to get feather grinding so I can use my grails to +10 Naesala, I think I have enough saved since I have been saving since they were put in the game it is just the feathers get used for other things.  I am with you on summer Hrid for a Bday wish, my Bday is right around when the TT after this one will start so I am hoping since it will be another swim suit unit it will be a guy and not another girl.

I know~ 3H comes out three days after my birthday, so the second summer banner/TT should be out right around my birthday. Either as TT or banner, I don't care. Just gimme Summer Hríd. As fo grails needed, I think it's around 1.8k? Or 1.5k? I know it's a lot. Xander's been giving me accusatory stares for putting off his merges for so long.

I wonder if a personal weapon with quad effective damage would be considered too much. By quad effective, I mean effective damage against all movement types; armor, cavalry, flier, and infantry. For shits and giggles, let's give it to unit with +40 base neutral attack.

And for other dumb stuff, a unit is introduced with <= 21 base neutral attack, but they have a personal weapon that deals a flat 20 damage per hit. Attack being a dump stat for everything else would be really, really dumb. For instance, take Surtr and swap his attack (39) and speed (17). You're looking at an armor with 50 HP, 39 Spd, 40 Def, and 33 Res -- give or take a fee since Surtr inexplicably has trainee BST while Duma doesn't -- and who is guaranteed to do 20 damage per hit.

And that's it for stupid ideas from me for this post.

Something else I've been wondering is if or when will we see units being introduced with tier 4 skills on their weapons. The thought came up when I wondered how much of a game changer would Flashing Blade 4 be for Caeda's Wing Sword and Clair's Rhomphaia and then figured that they could totally introduce a Caeda alt with Wing Spear that has the same effects as Wing Sword/Rhomphaia, but its Flashing Blade effect is Flashing Blade 4 instead of 3. FB4 for HP+3 and likely being Caeda/Clair gen 2 in stats would destroy Clair's existence.

3 hours ago, silverserpent said:

I know~ 3H comes out three days after my birthday, so the second summer banner/TT should be out right around my birthday. Either as TT or banner, I don't care. Just gimme Summer Hríd. As fo grails needed, I think it's around 1.8k? Or 1.5k? I know it's a lot. Xander's been giving me accusatory stares for putting off his merges for so long.

I have more then enough grails then since I have almost 3k since I have been hoarding which is good, now to grind HM so I have the feathers.  3H comes out 2 weeks after my Bday so it will be a late present to myself.  

4 hours ago, Kaden said:

I wonder if a personal weapon with quad effective damage would be considered too much. By quad effective, I mean effective damage against all movement types; armor, cavalry, flier, and infantry. For shits and giggles, let's give it to unit with +40 base neutral attack.

And for other dumb stuff, a unit is introduced with <= 21 base neutral attack, but they have a personal weapon that deals a flat 20 damage per hit. Attack being a dump stat for everything else would be really, really dumb. For instance, take Surtr and swap his attack (39) and speed (17). You're looking at an armor with 50 HP, 39 Spd, 40 Def, and 33 Res -- give or take a fee since Surtr inexplicably has trainee BST while Duma doesn't -- and who is guaranteed to do 20 damage per hit.

And that's it for stupid ideas from me for this post.

Something else I've been wondering is if or when will we see units being introduced with tier 4 skills on their weapons. The thought came up when I wondered how much of a game changer would Flashing Blade 4 be for Caeda's Wing Sword and Clair's Rhomphaia and then figured that they could totally introduce a Caeda alt with Wing Spear that has the same effects as Wing Sword/Rhomphaia, but its Flashing Blade effect is Flashing Blade 4 instead of 3. FB4 for HP+3 and likely being Caeda/Clair gen 2 in stats would destroy Clair's existence.

Quad Eff could be busted considering, honestly, Wing Sword itself is already busted as shit. With 40 ATK were looking at 59 Base ATK boon assuming Melee. With Deathblow thats 65 ATK, which become 97 with it in effect. You can further add +9 with Hones into 106. I don't think there have been a unit with 53/53 bulk statsline naturally yet

36 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Quad Eff could be busted considering, honestly, Wing Sword itself is already busted as shit. With 40 ATK were looking at 59 Base ATK boon assuming Melee. With Deathblow thats 65 ATK, which become 97 with it in effect. You can further add +9 with Hones into 106. I don't think there have been a unit with 53/53 bulk statsline naturally yet

Oh, I was thinking that it should be on a Reinhardt alt, preferably ranged and magic damage. Instead of Braving people to death, he's going to slam effective damage on everyone. 😛

Anyway, the closest to having 53/53 bulk is Arden who has 60/41 bulk giving him 101 total physical bulk and making him off by 6 points of damage to be able survive. On the bright side, Camus, Michalis, and Sheena by default can ignore effective damage with their Shields and Seliph with refined Tyrfing can survive one hit at >= 50% HP. That is if they don't get ORKO'd regardless.

The +40 base neutral attack thing was to make things even more absurd since quad effective damage is already absurd to begin with. 30 base neutral attack for a physical damage unit would be pushing it. Neutral and with Death Blow 3 would hit 52 attack which would become 78 attack and 87 attack with a +6 attack field buff. Units with 43.5/43.5 do exist, but that's still extreme considering quad effective damage. Thing is 30 base attack is +Atk Clair and 29 is +Atk Caeda and they're rocking double effective damage. Of the gen 1, non-seasonal units that haven't gotten a personal weapon yet and who have low 25-ish attack, it's only Matthew, Selena, and Subaki. If you include seasonal, then spring Xander is added. Subaki being a flier I would write off immediately since he could easily stack Goad Fliers with quad effective damage. +Atk Subaki would have 51 attack after Death Blow 3 and 76 after effective damage. Goad Fliers would give +18, so 94 total attack.

Edited by Kaden

On 6/19/2019 at 10:25 PM, XRay said:

Since I might join the military, I might or might not quit Heroes. Boot camp takes 2 to 3 months depending on which branch I join, so I will be missing out on important content. My main concern is getting limited TT units when they first come out (so I do not have to spend Grails), GHB units from quests (again, to save Grails), maintain Tier 21 in Aether Raids, and the daily login bonuses that can add up to a lot of resources. If I miss out on 2 to 3 months of important content or if I have to go through climbing back into Tier 21 Aether Raids again, I do not think I would want to resume playing Heroes. I could give my phone to my friend and have him play for me if I go to bootcamp, but I am not sure he will have the commitment to play everyday or grind certain events.

Anyways, I just want to get this off my chest. My recruiter asked me why I am hesitant and not committed to join the Army, and I feel a little stupid if I said one of my reasons is due to my commitment to a videogame.

Even if I quit Heroes though, I would still follow the news about the game and drop by the community.

Hope you'll find the right decision for yourself. What ever you will do, I wish you good luck! 

Could you drop from AR tier 21 if you don't play? I don't know if we get defense matches without even logging in. If I had to pause playing FEH for three months, I wouldn't mind to spend 200-300 grails to get the missed TT units afterwards. Especially if the other option was to stop playing FEH altogether. 

Don't you have any free day during boot camp? 

25 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Debating on giving S!Laegjarn Null Follow-up for those wary fighter runners. Either that or just keep FF. With the Guidance seal she can be a global teleporter.

Easily solved. Fliers can't get Null Follow-Up; it's infantry only.

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

Well. Bollocks. There goes that idea. No Null Follow-up, no Special Spiral, no Null C-disrupt, my premium fodder is a waste! 😪

its not, just invest into Infantry!

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

its not, just invest into Infantry!

Yeah, some of the best units are infantry, like Celica and Ophelia.

13 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Debating on giving S!Laegjarn Null Follow-up for those wary fighter runners. Either that or just keep FF. With the Guidance seal she can be a global teleporter.

You can give her lancebreaker to break through pesky Effies and such.