Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 hours ago, BoaFerox said:

Yeah, I got some helpful answers in that thread. In the end I decided to go with +SPD, so now she is finished!

Hide contents

qT7jqAa.png

I think I'll make my first post in the +10 compendium thread tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who helped me!

Wow, you even gave her some prime fodder. She is looking awesome, congrats! 

(My Tana is my only unit who maxed HM btw.).

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 hours ago, BoaFerox said:

Yeah, I got some helpful answers in that thread. In the end I decided to go with +SPD, so now she is finished!

Reveal hidden contents

qT7jqAa.png

I think I'll make my first post in the +10 compendium thread tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who helped me!

Nice! That Spd is absolutely disgusting! 96 Atk and 66 Spd with Rauðrblade will guarantee that she shits on anything that does not have Dull Ranged.

She rivals fully merged and flowered +Spd Celica with triple Brazen Atk/Spd who can reach 86 Atk and 76 Spd.

Edited by XRay

8 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Wooo,+10 S!Tana, impressive! Congrats!

Thanks a lot!

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Wow, you even gave her some prime fodder. She is looking awesome, congrats! 

(My Tana is my only unit who maxed HM btw.).

Thanks! The orbs from the Tempest gave me an extra S!Laegjarn instead of S!Helbindi, but that was actually perfect because Tana could pick up both Swift Sparrow 3 and Flier Formation 3, and still get to be on a team with S!Laegjarn.

Ooh, that was quick! I'm sure mine will reach 6000 soon as well, she only has 450 to go. And you can bet she'll see a lot of use!

5 hours ago, XRay said:

Nice! That Spd is absolutely disgusting! 96 Atk and 66 Spd with Rauðrblade will guarantee that she shits on anything that does not have Dull Ranged.

She rivals fully merged and flowered +Spd Celica with triple Brazen Atk/Spd who can reach 86 Atk and 76 Spd.

Thanks! She is definitely my fastest unit, even without taking Swift Sparrow 3 into account. She and S!Laegjarn are absolutely tearing apart the Tempest right now. They make a pretty great team, giving eachother Hone Fliers boost, and since Laegjarn doesn't run a Bladetome she can actually somewhat take on those Dull Ranged units Tana might struggle with. For now I'm having a lot of fun warping everyone around with Fruit of Iðunn as well.

Thanks for your help with my questions btw!

35 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

Ooh, that was quick! I'm sure mine will reach 6000 soon as well, she only has 450 to go. And you can bet she'll see a lot of use!

The wonders of Tempest Trials! Tana was already to 5,000 when I sacrificed her on the SI altar last year, the new copy only had to gain 1,000 HM. 

Got Gray from my free pull on his gauntlet banner. I hate him and everything about his story in Echoes, but I won't complain about a new character, and I did already have Tibarn.

The other banner has a great rate on red and I'm missing all the units on it, but all of the reds are units I already have another version of and don't really need this one. It'd be nice to get a regular Sanaki, but she's not enough for me to want to pull.

Yeah, the Tempest is where most of my Tana's HM comes from as well. She got to 5000 in the Tempest where she was a bonus unit last year, and now it seems this current one will bring her to 6000. Using her in a summer themed Tempest Trial reminds me of last year, hard to believe it's been that long.

tumblr_ptr96oQGwj1rj8duz_540.png

Hit a new personal record of 581 orbs!

I want to go for Ranulf, then the legendary banner, then the Sketchy Summer rerun next month, so I'm probably not matching this again anytime soon.

Edit: Put in 106 orbs, got Ophelia and a duplicate Celica. Ophelia is nice but I have little use for another Celica. Pausing for now, may or may not come back for Ranulf after the legendary banner.

Edited by Othin

I just realized something. I think they could have introduced Atk/Spd Push 4 on SR!Laegjarn and give her Mystic Boost. She would then be able to keep Push up forever since she would never eat counter attacks (unless she fails to kill something) and Mystic Boost will offset the recoil damage from Push.

19 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Trying to think of a good B-skill for S!Takumi. I'm keeping him mostly vanilla since his bow has built in Desperation, other than that I'm looking at Chills, CA, Poison Strike, or Sudden Panic.

Brash Assault, unless you've spent the coins to upgrade the seal.

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

Trying to think of a good B-skill for S!Takumi. I'm keeping him mostly vanilla since his bow has built in Desperation, other than that I'm looking at Chills, CA, Poison Strike, or Sudden Panic.

Escape route is big fun on him in TTs. :- )

Darting blow or brash assault seal. 

11 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

thinking more along the lines of Flier Emblem clears on Chain Challenges. I seriously need to farm those orbs for NY Hríd merges.

Well, it's perfect for chain challenges. He gets in Desperation/ER range to hit twice first and beam to every ally. Needs only 1 map to set up and you can beam around the other 9. 

Btw: Perhaps Brazen ATK/SPD is even better than brash assault or Darting blow seal. 

@mampfoid @Humanoid Thanks for the help! Been clearing house on the Paralogue CCs using NY Hríd, Reyson, S!Laegjarn and S!Takumi. So glad that Laegjarn was +Spd, she and Takumi have been my nukes while Hríd is my wall. His support with Laeg also helps. Farmed up another 30 orbs, but still no luck getting Hríd a merge. I've gotten L!Eliwood (-Atk/+Def...he needs a fix) and L!Ryoma (-HP/+Def so basically neutral), but not my main hope. I figure I'll probably pull another copy of each before Hríd finally decides to get a merge. I guess after the Summer banners and this I'll save up for his rerun. I just hope Gunnthra limits her appearance then. I don't think there's many other heroes I'm waiting on. Well, until 3H, but that can wait. I'm sure I'll get plenty of chances to +10 Dimitri when he arrives. 

Hmm. Looking forward a bit:

I'm expecting to spend about 300 orbs on the Sketchy Summer rerun, and about 190 on the July legendary banner. I'd also like to be able to afford about 115 for Alm's rerun at the beginning of August and about 125 for Ranulf's current run right now. That adds up to about 730 over the course of a bit under a month and a half.

I'm currently at just over 400 orbs. Probably enough, but a bit more tight than I'd like even if nothing else comes up, and either way I'll likely need time to rebuild a stockpile afterward. Still, probably worth taking another shot at Ranulf soon.

4 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

@mampfoid @Humanoid Thanks for the help! Been clearing house on the Paralogue CCs using NY Hríd, Reyson, S!Laegjarn and S!Takumi. So glad that Laegjarn was +Spd, she and Takumi have been my nukes while Hríd is my wall. His support with Laeg also helps. Farmed up another 30 orbs, but still no luck getting Hríd a merge. I've gotten L!Eliwood (-Atk/+Def...he needs a fix) and L!Ryoma (-HP/+Def so basically neutral), but not my main hope. I figure I'll probably pull another copy of each before Hríd finally decides to get a merge. I guess after the Summer banners and this I'll save up for his rerun. I just hope Gunnthra limits her appearance then. I don't think there's many other heroes I'm waiting on. Well, until 3H, but that can wait. I'm sure I'll get plenty of chances to +10 Dimitri when he arrives. 

Good luck getting another copy of Hrid! 

What skills did Takumi get in the end? Do you have still some CCs open? 

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Good luck getting another copy of Hrid! 

What skills did Takumi get in the end? Do you have still some CCs open? 

I've got all the main story CCs open and Paralogue CCs 19-24 fully open and 17&18 with only 17 cleared. I've also got 20 SAs open. I've been saving them for a rainy day. 😂

Takufish is currently running his Fishie Bow +Spd, Reposition, Glimmer, Fury 3, Brash Assault 3, and Even Res 3, alternating between Iote's Shield and Brazen Atk/Spd seals. Mostly because I forgot to change it back to Hríd after the first Brave Paralogue. B!Lyn is not a friend of Hríd's in those stages...

Edited by silverserpent

3 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

I've got all the main story CCs open and Paralogue CCs 19-24 fully open and 17&18 with only 17 cleared. I've also got 20 SAs open. I've been saving them for a rainy day. 😂

Oh nice, wish I had at least something open. ^^

So, I'm indecisive about something right now.

Part of me wants to quit Heroes, and forever. Because I'm tired of struggling with the more difficult content, I'm tired of not being able to be any better at the game in general than I already am. I'm tired of finding things difficult that others say are easy.

But the other part of me doesn't want to just give up on all the units I poured time and money into getting and building up. Especially that Summer Frederick I recently finished getting to +10.

Not like I can just give this account/these units to someone else. I'm not sure what to do anymore.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So, I'm indecisive about something right now.

Part of me wants to quit Heroes, and forever. Because I'm tired of struggling with the more difficult content, I'm tired of not being able to be any better at the game in general than I already am. I'm tired of finding things difficult that others say are easy.

But the other part of me doesn't want to just give up on all the units I poured time and money into getting and building up. Especially that Summer Frederick I recently finished getting to +10.

Not like I can just give this account/these units to someone else. I'm not sure what to do anymore.

You can always take a break if you aren't having fun right now.  You can always come back to it later.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You can always take a break if you aren't having fun right now.  You can always come back to it later.

Sure, but I'm not suddenly going to become a better player that way.

Well, here's an important question you should think about first and foremost.

Why do you have to be "good" at the game? What does it honestly gain you? Does it matter if you have to follow a guide just to get orbs for content that is purposely created to be difficult? I used a guide to beat Eliwood's infernal map this morning and I'm not ashamed to admit it because it was too hard for me. I just wanted the orbs.

Unless it's because you want the orbs and hate that you may not be able to get them when you need to, why does it bother you that you can't clear difficult content? A lot of my friends may not be as "good" at the game as I am, whether it's because of not choosing skill inheritance as optimally or just not wanting to bother with anything that cannot be autobattled comfortably, but that doesn't make them "bad" players or them unable to enjoy the game.

There's nothing wrong with finding things difficult that other people find easy. Keep in mind that some of the people who find the content easy have highly merged +10 units of characters that you either refuse to use or don't care for and didn't raise efficiently. The question you need to ask yourself is why the idea of not being good at the game or improving bothers you so much that you'd rather quit entirely than focus on what you do still enjoy about the game.

30 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, here's an important question you should think about first and foremost.

Why do you have to be "good" at the game? What does it honestly gain you? Does it matter if you have to follow a guide just to get orbs for content that is purposely created to be difficult? I used a guide to beat Eliwood's infernal map this morning and I'm not ashamed to admit it because it was too hard for me. I just wanted the orbs.

Unless it's because you want the orbs and hate that you may not be able to get them when you need to, why does it bother you that you can't clear difficult content? A lot of my friends may not be as "good" at the game as I am, whether it's because of not choosing skill inheritance as optimally or just not wanting to bother with anything that cannot be autobattled comfortably, but that doesn't make them "bad" players or them unable to enjoy the game.

There's nothing wrong with finding things difficult that other people find easy. Keep in mind that some of the people who find the content easy have highly merged +10 units of characters that you either refuse to use or don't care for and didn't raise efficiently. The question you need to ask yourself is why the idea of not being good at the game or improving bothers you so much that you'd rather quit entirely than focus on what you do still enjoy about the game.

Because I want those orbs and other rewards just like you do. But I don't want to have to use guides all the time because they don't always work for me due to differing unit stats and skills causing different AI behavior.

You're not ashamed to use guides? Good for you, that's nice to hear. I'm ashamed that I can't get any better after years of playing.

And exactly, I may not be able to get some orbs when I need them.