Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

1. It's impossible to put on three pairs of socks. At least, I don't have socks that would do that and not make my shoes/boots too tight. Same with shirts, I simply can't put on that many without feeling uncomfortable. My gloves went missing and I never bothered to get more for some reason. I should when winter rolls around again.

2. I do wear boots. Doesn't make it any less annoying.

3. I do try, but I still slip sometimes.

4. Refer to #1

5. I don't find any of those things as fun as warm weather activities like swimming, hiking/walking, going to the zoo or amusement park/water park, jumping in the sprinkler, barbecues, etc.

This has been discussing winter with Ana and Arcanite! That's all, folks!

Hmm touché ana, touché indeed.

My only issue is number 5. Cause if you're saying all that is better, then you definitely haven't been snowboarding.

Then again, I do prefer to go to a water park though :/. Now unless we can tie this to fire emblem, we should stop the derailment because I could go on and on about winter XD

Edited by Arcanite

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

If you hate the winter, move to (DFW) Texas or Florida.  The latter if you want to completely remove winter from your schedule (except maybe a couple of hours in the morning for a few days a year), the former if you're okay with a little bit of snow/ice every few years in exchange for few if any hurricanes.

While I hated shoveling the snow away from my car in the north east, I'd take that once or twice a year in exchange for having to wear a windbreaker while driving just so my arm doesn't burn year round.  Or in exchange from having the bottom of my shoes melt while walking because the sidewalk is too hot.

Heat sucks.

Believe me, I plan to move to Florida someday.

Snowboarding and skiing are far too dangerous for my liking. The possibility of slamming into trees, breaking bones, and getting caught in avalanches is awful. I do like some sledding if I can manage to stay warm though, and find a hill that I won't have much risk of getting seriously hurt on.

But yeah, back to FE. Tonight can't come quick enough! I need this first gauntlet round to end so I finally have enough feathers to get my 5 star Marth. >_<

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But yeah, back to FE. Tonight can't come quick enough! I need this first gauntlet round to end so I finally have enough feathers to get my 5 star Marth. >_<

Make sure you take a picture and show of those 5 golden stars! 

I'm trying to get to 40k feathers for a double promotion myself. This gauntlet round is gonna bring me really close

Edited by Arcanite

27 minutes ago, GinRei said:

If you hate the winter, move to (DFW) Texas or Florida.  The latter if you want to completely remove winter from your schedule (except maybe a couple of hours in the morning for a few days a year), the former if you're okay with a little bit of snow/ice every few years in exchange for few if any hurricanes.

While I hated shoveling the snow away from my car in the north east, I'd take that once or twice a year in exchange for having to wear a windbreaker while driving just so my arm doesn't burn year round.  Or in exchange from having the bottom of my shoes melt while walking because the sidewalk is too hot.

Heat sucks.

Hurricanes rarely hit DFW (Dallas/Fort Worth), but Houston gets hit by a couple per year. As long as you don't live in the major metropolitan areas, you'll be alright

North Houston masterrace

Which actually leads me to wonder...how often do natural disasters happen in FE games

2 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Which actually leads me to wonder...how often do natural disasters happen in FE games

If that was your attempt at tying this into fire emblem, I think you're gonna need to try harder than that

I'm not too sure about that. It would be cool if they made a game that made your units get separated by a tornado or something.

SO HEROES AHEM

I max levelled all my 5 stars, now. Robin (sir), Tiki (young lady), Roy, Lyn, Seliph, Lilina, Rebecca, Karel, Corrin (another sir), and Fae.

Jeez, I have too many reds. And I'm a Pirates fan. *slapped* Admittedly, I got Spring Lucina, but I wasn't really feeling the gimmick, so I had her teach her exclusive skill (forgot what it was) to the true Easter fluffball, Fae.

I'm probably screwing up competitively in some way, but damn it, I'm a casual player. Maybe sorta. :P

Man, all this weather talk and over here is like...

Termometro+en+Verano.JPG

... in Summer. But like, just one day per year or so. It's usually only 45-48 C the rest of the time.

Anyway, for Heroes, if it wasn't for the map sizes, I would think it would've been a little neat to have stuff like the move-restricting rain, like in Blazing Sword. Or FoW.

Part of the world-building in my fic has natural disasters! Northern Altarais suffers a lot of volcanic eruptions. It sits over what we call a hot spot. Several volcanic eruptions happened in this continent's history. In fact, some massive ones caused northeastern Melora to go from a beautiful flower-ridden and green nation to a dark and somewhat barren territory due to lack of sunshine and some acid rain. The people don't really live near the volcanoes, so they survived, but not without hardship. Over time, they adapted to the new conditions and the only way they know how to survive is to fight. Fight for shelter, fight or food, etc. This results in their army having massive numbers and it allows them to attack just about everyone. They took down the previously most powerful nation, Astryn, and made their former friends, the heron laguz, tremble. Melora's western neighbor, Cilae, also has a few volcanoes, and an eruption from one caused the disappearance and assumed death of a main character's brother.

A tropical storm occurs during the main story too, and the protagonist characters barely get out of it alive. Two of them are thrown overboard the ship and miraculously wash up on an inhabited island. The western part of Altarais is known for these storms, which sometimes become hurricanes, of course. So yeah, natural disasters are definitely a part of my FE world.

Edited by Anacybele

Well there's FOW. Very frustrating. Especially the Nino/Jaffar/Ursula map in FE7. But besides that I can't think of anything.

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Man, all this weather talk and over here is like...

Termometro+en+Verano.JPG

... in Summer. But like, just one day per year or so. It's usually only 45-48 C the rest of the time.

Anyway, for Heroes, if it wasn't for the map sizes, I would think it would've been a little neat to have stuff like the move-restricting rain, like in Blazing Sword. Or FoW.

That's literally inhuman, same as the 34° C at noon in Cartagena, which is cruel!

Anyways, the one and only thing I want in Heroes are TMS characters! I'd totally rig all 7 characters no matter what. I already figured Itsuki being a falchion user with either aether or galeforce and a skill that seals enemies (making them unable to trigger specials, same way how Back Chorus ad-lib performance works) and maybe triangle adept.

HAHAHAHA!

So, I tried a one-shot summon in the Wyvern Banner in hopes of getting Minerva to get a bonus (even though I ironically have Palla and Cordelia, and could have teamed with them).

I got Camilla. 5 star.

I'm more amused that this ironic situation happened when I'm trying to stand up against Camilla myself by siding with Minerva. :P

6 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

HAHAHAHA!

So, I tried a one-shot summon in the Wyvern Banner in hopes of getting Minerva to get a bonus (even though I ironically have Palla and Cordelia, and could have teamed with them).

I got Camilla. 5 star.

I'm more amused that this ironic situation happened when I'm trying to stand up against Camilla myself by siding with Minerva. :P

Your pull has now fully convinced me not to summon.

I thank you

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I thank you

Even better was that it was just one orb. :P Not 5, not 4, not 2, but 1.

oh, i missed the talk about winter! i love winter! I moved to NY recently for school and it's so fun! i'm a weird californian who doesn't like the sun :P

I feel like I'm not very motivated to play Heroes until the voting gauntlet is over. I'm probably just gonna support Minerva once Palla loses and then occasionally train up the 4* Eirika I got... I need more orbs! It's been so long since we've gotten free ones

16 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I thank you

If you need more ammo, I bought orbs to pull on the Wyvern banner hoping to get anyone but Cherche, as I had already promoted my own 5* Cherche. So of course, I get Cherche as a 5*.

1 hour ago, Quintessence said:

That's literally inhuman, same as the 34° C at noon in Cartagena, which is cruel!

Anyways, the one and only thing I want in Heroes are TMS characters! I'd totally rig all 7 characters no matter what. I already figured Itsuki being a falchion user with either aether or galeforce and a skill that seals enemies (making them unable to trigger specials, same way how Back Chorus ad-lib performance works) and maybe triangle adept.

Eh, it's home, what can I say... I don't mind it much, to be honest.

Oh, I'd agree on wanting the TMS characters in. I think it could be interesting, considering unlike the rest, they could relate with the Player/Summoner somewhat.

Just now, Eridras said:

If you need more ammo, I bought orbs to pull on the Wyvern banner hoping to get anyone but Cherche, as I had already promoted my own 5* Cherche. So of course, I get Cherche as a 5*.

This'll give me enough pull-resistance for about 2 days. Thanks XD

1 hour ago, NoirCore said:

HAHAHAHA!

I got Camilla. 5 star.

Congratulations on your free Brave Axe+ fodder :D

1 hour ago, NoirCore said:

HAHAHAHA!

I got Camilla. 5 star.

Exactly what happened on my phone account- I wanted a Minerva.

Ironically, in my other account where I already had a Minerva, I got Minerva on first pull as well. At least not an Attack bane like my first one so all is well :D

12 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Congratulations on your free Brave Axe+ fodder :D

Haha, this reminds me of when the game first came out and I somehow pulled two 5* Camillas.

I sent the second one home, but I'm regretting that bad now that skill inheritance is a thing.

Speaking of axe users, are there any in Echoes that may be released soon? It seems like there aren't many top quality ones in the game right now, not counting Hector of course.