Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

I've actually had Gunnthra for quite a long time. I don't tend to use her very often but her ability is potent. She had the merit of debuffing on a turn by turn basis though. Not to say I won't be putting a Chill skill on one of my teammates. I'll definitely be looking into that. Especially considering Genny's S slot tends to be vacant. I'd like to be able to run Special Spiral on Matt to be honest.

With your build, yeah Special Spiral is where it's at. Everything else is solid.

Note that with Gunnthra, if a foe is debuffed and has a Panicked buff, it'll pick the lower of the two for the Atk bonus, so the same will probably apply to Matthew. Dunno if Ploys, Feints, Chills, or Aversa are your bag, but those can go a long way.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I got SR!Lilina in first summoning circle, but I spent the rest of my free Orbs and I caved and spent $80 to try to get the rest. I got 7 shitting pity breakers after that. The ones that piss me off the most is Caineghis and Sumia. Just seeing those two is making me fume. The others I can somewhat tolerate. This makes me feel like I want to quit, but I do not want to quit. I think I will just aim for the other two waifus and leave out SR!Wolt for next time.

9 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Hilda When I think about it, L!Eliwood with his bonus doubler would be pretty fantastic on Matt if he can somehow have the most ATK on the team. Run tactics skills on him and have those buffs double on top of the bonuses he gets from debuffing. Though it seems like it would be cumbersome running not only a mixed team but one that caters to low ATK units just to make sure Matt gets the bonus

You can Run L!Eliwood with Mathew and: Ninian as a Dancer, she has lower Attack then Mathew, like very low Attack, and Azama or Wrys as a Healer. they both have very low Attack. Another Healer works too. I would tend to Wrys because he can make good use of Sabotage B-Slot skills and debuff enemys that are adjacent to each other at start of turn.

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

You can Run L!Eliwood with Mathew and: Ninian as a Dancer, she has lower Attack then Mathew, like very low Attack, and Azama or Wrys as a Healer. they both have very low Attack. Another Healer works too. I would tend to Wrys because he can make good use of Sabotage B-Slot skills and debuff enemys that are adjacent to each other at start of turn.

With Serra he could make a FE7 themed team even. 

6 hours ago, XRay said:

The ones that piss me off the most is Caineghis and Sumia.

At least Caineghis is both a great unit (personally my second-rated best tank in the game) and amazing fodder (able to pass the entire Distant Def 4 line or Distant Def 4 and the Vengeful Fighter 3 line).

But yeah, 7 pity-breakers in a row really sucks. I hate it when that happens.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

At least Caineghis is both a great unit (personally my second-rated best tank in the game) and amazing fodder (able to pass the entire Distant Def 4 line or Distant Def 4 and the Vengeful Fighter 3 line).

But yeah, 7 pity-breakers in a row really sucks. I hate it when that happens.

He is pretty decent, but I hardly use armor units outside of Arena Assault Team 1. Since he is my only copy, I am keeping him around, but he is just taking up Barracks space.

I got like 1 Orb left, but I really want another flying archer and SR!Ursula is pretty hot too, so I have to decide whether I should go for them and delay my Switch acquisition or not. I think I will spend at most another $80 later in the month, but I really want to avoid spending if I can.

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

He is pretty decent, but I hardly use armor units outside of Arena Assault Team 1. Since he is my only copy, I am keeping him around, but he is just taking up Barracks space.

I got like 1 Orb left, but I really want another flying archer and SR!Ursula is pretty hot too, so I have to decide whether I should go for them and delay my Switch acquisition or not. I think I will spend at most another $80 later in the month, but I really want to avoid spending if I can.

Well, your luck is still way better than mine, at least. I'm the same number of pulls in and only have 2 pitybreakers to show for it.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Delaying getting a Switch for some more orbs doesn't sound like a great trade to me.

13 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Why are we having this void again? Couldn't TTs start today, or at least tomorrow? 

TTs as far I remember always wait some days to appear; first appears the Banner, then the TT Banner and then two days the actual event.

7 minutes ago, Troykv said:

TTs as far I remember always wait some days to appear; first appears the Banner, then the TT Banner and then two days the actual event.

It's not necessary to start TTs directly on a Tuesday, but this week has been particularly void of events. 

8 hours ago, Othin said:

Delaying getting a Switch for some more orbs doesn't sound like a great trade to me.

Yeah, but this is SR!Lyn, and I want to complete my Lynfinity Gauntlet.

I often times wish I never started playing this game so I do not feel the urge to collect and spend.

7 hours ago, Humanoid said:

How many more orbs would you be able to buy if you went for a Switch Lite instead I wonder? 😛

I want to get the new regular Switch. But if I get the Switch Lite, I think maybe it might be around $50 to $100 cheaper than the regular version? We will know for sure once they release the new versions.

Spoiler

Legendary/Fallen Punished Dimitri better have that sweet spinning animation. 

S!Fiora’s voice...kinda creeps out. I guess I’ll dust off that old Roy that spooked me a long time ago. 

31 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah, but this is SR!Lyn, and I want to complete my Lynfinity Gauntlet.

I often times wish I never started playing this game so I do not feel the urge to collect and spend.

To be honest, I don't get the impression that people spending money on Heroes actually increases the enjoyment or satisfaction they get out of it, or at least not by much considering the amount of money involved. It means getting more units, but also higher expectations to stress over.

If you don't think you're getting your money's worth out of what you're spending, I'd suggest finding a way to move to only using free orbs - either gradually or abruptly, whichever works better. Free orbs aren't always enough to get units on the first pass, but everything gets rerun eventually. It just means being a bit more selective about sticking to only your highest priorities.

33 minutes ago, Othin said:

To be honest, I don't get the impression that people spending money on Heroes actually increases the enjoyment or satisfaction they get out of it, or at least not by much considering the amount of money involved. It means getting more units, but also higher expectations to stress over.

If you don't think you're getting your money's worth out of what you're spending, I'd suggest finding a way to move to only using free orbs - either gradually or abruptly, whichever works better. Free orbs aren't always enough to get units on the first pass, but everything gets rerun eventually. It just means being a bit more selective about sticking to only your highest priorities.

I agree- my sister and I are a good case study.  We both play FEH, but she's FTP and I'm not.  I play a lot more seriously than her; she's a casual player, I aim for Tier 21 Arena and top 5000 in AR.  I want to +10 my favorite units, including 5* exclusives, she aims for one copy.  I drop about $150 a month on average, so I'm not a whale.  However, I'm a lot more frustrated when I don't get what I want, and it does happen (Bride Fjorm is a good case- dropped a lot of money even though I only wanted her for AR and not just as a character).  I've had all of the Tellians since each of their first banners.  She just got her first regular Mist, and was very happy about it. I got 8 V!Greil before I got a single V!Mist on the Valentine's banner, and was extremely frustrated.  I spent money.  She got two or three V!Mist's before her first Greil, and was really happy.  I've told her to stay FTP, and she's been good about it.  She enjoys her pulls just as much, if not more, than I do.

So, in my opinion- you'll probably be happier not spending as much money.  And I need to remember only to spend some money when it's a unit I really want.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Games like this are designed to capitalize on your short-term feelings. Maintaining collections, fear of missing out, the "well, that sounds like a good deal" offers, status symbols, flashy new stuff, whatever. It's all a ploy to get you to internally rationalize your spending. It's a predatory system and the best thing you can do is push back on those feelings and think about all the other things you can do (or need to do) with your money.

2 hours ago, Johann said:

Games like this are designed to capitalize on your short-term feelings. Maintaining collections, fear of missing out, the "well, that sounds like a good deal" offers, status symbols, flashy new stuff, whatever. It's all a ploy to get you to internally rationalize your spending. It's a predatory system and the best thing you can do is push back on those feelings and think about all the other things you can do (or need to do) with your money.

I know. I accept the game for what it is. It is really hard for me to quit, so I plan to just play it until it dies and try to limit my spending.

As for what else I can do with my money, besides bills, there is not much I spend it on except for videogames and good food for me and cat. I should start putting it in bonds or something for retirement.

Edited by XRay

10 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Having a Cordelia drought is bad, I need more Galeforce fodder ... 

Spoiler

8pDOcHCm.jpg qUZbRUum.jpg

So that's where all those came from:P

I even have one at 5-star and a few 4-star that aren't manuals. Hope you get more soon, I would send you a few of these 3-star manuals if I could, but...

Actually, being able to trade Combat Manuals in some way would have been a neat feature. But before that I wish they'd start giving manuals as rewards. There's a lot of potential in Combat Manuals that they aren't making use of.

37 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:
  Hide contents

8pDOcHCm.jpg qUZbRUum.jpg

So that's where all those came from:P

I even have one at 5-star and a few 4-star that aren't manuals. Hope you get more soon, I would send you a few of these 3-star manuals if I could, but...

Actually, being able to trade Combat Manuals in some way would have been a neat feature. But before that I wish they'd start giving manuals as rewards. There's a lot of potential in Combat Manuals that they aren't making use of.

Haha thanks, I'd gladly take them. 

To be fair, I got a good deal of Cordelias myself over the years. Merging her up to +10 ate a lot of copies and building many GF units the rest. (I've build 16 GF units, plus native GFers Cecilia, Roy and Cordy). 

So, what exactly is it about Summer Lilina's art that's getting changed?  I see the notification, but they don't say what's getting changed or why.  Is it something like bow stringless Gaius?