Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

58 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I... don't think I need to pull S!Frederick anymore... I just gave Matt a new B skill... The power he wields now... I don't think it was meant for mortal men.

An Abyssal LHB can't come fast enough. He has officially become a God.

...Except against Idunn.

I just tried out your Matthew in Allegiance Battles, he's amazingly tanky! That new skill is a really good fit for him indeed.

Speaking of Allegiance Battles; @mampfoid, I noticed your Roy is only +5 in that mode. It doesn't help if I refresh my friend list either, I think you have to manually update your unit there if you have clicked "Set Sent Proxy". 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

57 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Don't think Idunn has any bonds with anyone to qualify for a BHB...although maybe Fae I guess?

Well, there is Zephiel, but there has never been a BHB with someone from a GHB or TT (probably so there is consistency with the banners having three people), so that might disqualify him.

2 hours ago, BoaFerox said:

Speaking of Allegiance Battles; @mampfoid, I noticed your Roy is only +5 in that mode. It doesn't help if I refresh my friend list either, I think you have to manually update your unit there if you have clicked "Set Sent Proxy". 

Wow, that is really strange. I updated the proxy, could you please check again? 

Thanks for the hint! 

1 hour ago, Silverly said:

Well, there is Zephiel, but there has never been a BHB with someone from a GHB or TT (probably so there is consistency with the banners having three people), so that might disqualify him.

I would like to have LHBs that tie some LHBs together.
Like if they would make a LHB consistent of Leg. Lyn, Leg. Hector and Leg. Eliwood. (and reinforcements)
an LHB with: Hrid, Fjorm and Gunnthra
an LHB with: Eirika and Ephraim
an LHB with: Marth and Tiki
an LHB with: Ryoma and Azura
an LHB with: Robin and Lucina

now that would be exciting! more Abyssal modes! everywhere with reinforcements!

55 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Wow, that is really strange. I updated the proxy, could you please check again? 

Thanks for the hint! 

Yup, there he is in all his +10 glory! So it seems that sent proxies only update when you hit confirm on that menu, and will not change at all otherwise. It essentially works exactly like the Lock Team feature in Aether Raids, exept with just one unit. People who have never selected a proxy will just be sending their lead units however, and will reflect changes as usual. A bit weird, but I guess it makes it easy to set up an AB specific skillset that you don't need always have equipped.

11 minutes ago, BoaFerox said:

Yup, there he is in all his +10 glory! So it seems that sent proxies only update when you hit confirm on that menu, and will not change at all otherwise. It essentially works exactly like the Lock Team feature in Aether Raids, exept with just one unit. People who have never selected a proxy will just be sending their lead units however, and will reflect changes as usual. A bit weird, but I guess it makes it easy to set up an AB specific skillset that you don't need always have equipped.

Yeah, it's nice to have the skills and seals locked, since I switch them quite often. Thanks for your help!

13 hours ago, Anacybele said:

...Uh, she's not a dagger unit. I believe she's a red tome.

She is. Not sure how I forgot about that. I guess I grouped her up with the other Hoshido festival units who all use daggers except for her.

15 minutes ago, Kaden said:

She is. Not sure how I forgot about that. I guess I grouped her up with the other Hoshido festival units who all use daggers except for her.

Dagger is just a more physical, sharp, physical hitting tomes that have debuff

prove me wrong

28 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Dagger is just a more physical, sharp, physical hitting tomes that have debuff

prove me wrong

CYL Hector should have been a mage who chucked tomes at people.

Meanwhile, Grima's Truth slapping fools with debuffs and hooking up the fam with buffs. And then there's CYL Veronica's Hlidskajalf being a staff version of Peshkatz with Firesweep/Dazzling Staff.

Peshkatz's unique refinement being L&D would probably be an awful idea. Death Blow would be simple, but doesn't really change the whole need to survive thing when initiating against some units. Maybe a preventing follow-ups or Null Follow-up would be work. So, pesh-kabz, the name where Peshkatz comes from and where its design probably comes from, was designed to deal with mail armor used by mounted and infantry soldiers. I doubt it gaining effective damage against infantry would happen if they didn't do that with Kagero who has 1 less attack than Sothe, but effective against cavalry would be interesting. Maybe even cavalry and flier since they're both mounted. It'd be even more interesting if that became its unique refinement since it would be the first weapon that gains effective damage through a unique refinement.

@Kaden For the record, I read the entirety of your post. It was mostly spot on too, just didn't really know what to say to it. 

I can say though that I don't think effective damage would have cut it for him. The biggest issue for Matthew is that he can't do things traditionally, Kagero can kill outright and Saizo's weapon allows him more versatility in his kit where as Matt himself needs to run smokes or seals or risk gimping himself with a build another dagger can run better. The dagger they gave him offsets this in a way but it doesn't solve his core problem: he needs to attack raw in order to reap any benefits from his weapons or skills.

He can run sets to mitigate this but it doesn't solve it, it's always been his biggest issue. The extra damage is great, amazing even with the right set, but in he won't always be able to attack safely, such as Dragons and powerful DC units, which as you know make up the bulk of AR. Then there's units he can't kill immediately like squishy mages and firesweep users and staves that he's not fast or strong enough to kill. He can kill them now if they're debuffed, but for that first round of combat he's relying on raw stats. Effective damage against one or even both Armor and Cavalry would have been the same as this dagger, a band-aid for the problem and honestly? a less effective one.

The best thing they could have gave his as a refine is a straight firesweep effect on initiation. "If unit initiates combat, foe cannot counter attack." This would have been a slippery slope people would have disagreed with because a refine like that on the right unit would brake the game entirely. But for Matthew? It's exactly what he needed. With that refine he would be able to perfectly do what he's designed to do: cripple the enemy from afar. It wouldn't have even been broken, because he hits like a wet noodle even if he doubles.

@Troykv I'm gonna link you here for my set, I never told you what it was, so I'll show you.

@mcsilas Fae was pretty much the only character that came to mind for me too, funnily enough.

On 7/14/2019 at 1:06 AM, Xenomata said:

Sigh... I really hope that the next Seasonal Dancers banner has a Bow Dancer on it... training up Bows is a bit of a pain when one of the slots has to be dedicated to LA!Roy or Nina, neither of whom can dance, ergo one less action the trainee can perform...

Just use the ranged special training map instead. Give the unit you're training the Distant Def Sacred Seal and put a Physic+ staff behind them with as many Drive-type skills as you can. That gives you 2 free slots for whatever.

I want a refresher on a horse. I know it could be OP, but I love horses. xP And I mean, we have some OP stuff in the game already anyway like Surtr, fallen Tiki, fallen Corrin, etc. And there are still threats like Reinhardt and Brave Lyn and Veronica too. A horse refresher would on one hand make them super dangerous to go against, but on the other could also be the answer to dealing with such annoying units and teams in the first place.

Besides, as a cav and a refresher, this unit would have rather low BST, not ideal for arena scoring and such. A way to kinda balance said unit, at least?

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I want a refresher on a horse. I know it could be OP, but I love horses. xP And I mean, we have some OP stuff in the game already anyway like Surtr, fallen Tiki, fallen Corrin, etc. And there are still threats like Reinhardt and Brave Lyn and Veronica too. A horse refresher would on one hand make them super dangerous to go against, but on the other could also be the answer to dealing with such annoying units and teams in the first place.

Besides, as a cav and a refresher, this unit would have rather low BST, not ideal for arena scoring and such. A way to kinda balance said unit, at least?

While it'd be nice to have the option for player teams, having to fight them in PvP moves sounds very unpleasant. We do already have Azura and the herons pushing dancer boundaries, but I wouldn't want to push those boundaries any more without first adding more access to long-range Isolation.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

While it'd be nice to have the option for player teams, having to fight them in PvP moves sounds very unpleasant. We do already have Azura and the herons pushing dancer boundaries, but I wouldn't want to push those boundaries any more without first adding more access to long-range Isolation.

It would be unpleasant, yeah. But as I said, it isn't like this game doesn't already have unpleasant crap as is.

Just now, Anacybele said:

It would be unpleasant, yeah. But as I said, it isn't like this game doesn't already have unpleasant crap as is.

That's not a reason to make more. Or rather, to make the existing unpleasant crap even harder to deal with. Particularly the cavalry.

It's feasible to prepare well enough to be able to handle whatever threats a PvP opponent throws at you by properly maneuvering to pick your battles and only fight at a sufficient advantage. But increasing dancer reach undermines that by making it harder to maneuver around the threats the opponent does have.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

That's not a reason to make more. Or rather, to make the existing unpleasant crap even harder to deal with. Particularly the cavalry.

It's feasible to prepare well enough to be able to handle whatever threats a PvP opponent throws at you by properly maneuvering to pick your battles and only fight at a sufficient advantage. But increasing dancer reach undermines that by making it harder to maneuver around the threats the opponent does have.

Cavalry aren't as good as they used to be anymore though, because of trenches, trees, and the large amount of skill limitations they have. And they already had the lowest BST to begin with too.

Edited by Anacybele

7 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Kaden For the record, I read the entirety of your post. It was mostly spot on too, just didn't really know what to say to it. 

I can say though that I don't think effective damage would have cut it for him. The biggest issue for Matthew is that he can't do things traditionally, Kagero can kill outright and Saizo's weapon allows him more versatility in his kit where as Matt himself needs to run smokes or seals or risk gimping himself with a build another dagger can run better. The dagger they gave him offsets this in a way but it doesn't solve his core problem: he needs to attack raw in order to reap any benefits from his weapons or skills.

He can run sets to mitigate this but it doesn't solve it, it's always been his biggest issue. The extra damage is great, amazing even with the right set, but in he won't always be able to attack safely, such as Dragons and powerful DC units, which as you know make up the bulk of AR. Then there's units he can't kill immediately like squishy mages and firesweep users and staves that he's not fast or strong enough to kill. He can kill them now if they're debuffed, but for that first round of combat he's relying on raw stats. Effective damage against one or even both Armor and Cavalry would have been the same as this dagger, a band-aid for the problem and honestly? a less effective one.

The best thing they could have gave his as a refine is a straight firesweep effect on initiation. "If unit initiates combat, foe cannot counter attack." This would have been a slippery slope people would have disagreed with because a refine like that on the right unit would brake the game entirely. But for Matthew? It's exactly what he needed. With that refine he would be able to perfectly do what he's designed to do: cripple the enemy from afar. It wouldn't have even been broken, because he hits like a wet noodle even if he doubles.

@Troykv I'm gonna link you here for my set, I never told you what it was, so I'll show you.

@mcsilas Fae was pretty much the only character that came to mind for me too, funnily enough.

Special Spiral it's an amazing skill :D (I need more Atk Smokes xD)

Checked for Arena Assault rewards for this week and didn't get any. Realized I'd forgotten that it existed while doing my weekly arena runs.

How about a Cavalry Dance skill that has the passive effect of -1 movement? It's a big nerf to them, but the tradeoff is that you get to take advantage of cavalry buffs, enable special effects (like Cain/Abel's conditional braves) and the like. It's logical too, you might be able to dance while your horse is trotting, but probably not while it's galloping. 😛

46 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

How about a Cavalry Dance skill that has the passive effect of -1 movement? It's a big nerf to them, but the tradeoff is that you get to take advantage of cavalry buffs, enable special effects (like Cain/Abel's conditional braves) and the like. It's logical too, you might be able to dance while your horse is trotting, but probably not while it's galloping. 😛

Or you just lead your horse into a canter? Singing isn't impeded by a gallop. Although, there are several circus tricks that can be performed and technically count as dancing? 

9 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Cavalry aren't as good as they used to be anymore though, because of trenches, trees, and the large amount of skill limitations they have. And they already had the lowest BST to begin with too.

Let's  be real, only BST stopped them from littering Arena. When it comes to AR, they still reign, shows that trenches and trees can't stop them.