Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

In the case created by Hilda "When Urvans effect (-80%) kicks in he can Counter regardles of Distance or something like that", the condition will be met only in consecutive attacks situations (Brave type weapons, like Brave Bow, Dire Thunder, Whitewings weapons...). Against a ranged foe that doesn't have a brave type weapon, the DC effect would not trigger.

Except that Urvan's effect does activate on regular follow-ups if he is unable to counterattack in between (due to Desperation-like effects or being unable to counterattack).

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

11 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

In the case created by Hilda "When Urvans effect (-80%) kicks in he can Counter regardles of Distance or something like that", the condition will be met only in consecutive attacks situations (Brave type weapons, like Brave Bow, Dire Thunder, Whitewings weapons...). Against a ranged foe that doesn't have a brave type weapon, the DC effect would not trigger.

Wouldn't it work on everyone who can double him? If he does not get hit by a consecutive attack, then Distant Counter would not activate, but because he doesn't have Distant Counter in the first place unless he is hit by a consecutive attack, then that means anyone who can double him will trigger the condition as the second attack would be consecutive and allow him to counter after the second or however many attack.

Edited by Kaden

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Whether Urvan's condition "if the opponent makes consecutive attacks" is met can depend on whether or not he can counterattack, meaning giving him Distant Counter when that condition is met can cause the condition to no longer be met.

obviously he will counter after the condition is met. Basicly after the effect of Urvans kicks in, he gets a guaranteed Distant counter attack. The enemy doesnt need to run Desperation, Doubling Ike is enough (when he doesnt run DC in the A-slot). He would basicly be a hard counter for Fast ranged nukes or brave weapon ranged users. Or Firesweep/razzle dazzle users if he has null Cdisupt

He also gets to double if he runs Quick riposte (and meets The HP threshold at start of combat)

Edited by Hilda

11 minutes ago, Hilda said:

obviously he will counter after the condition is met. Basicly after the effect of Urvans kicks in, he gets a guaranteed Distant counter attack. The enemy doesnt need to run Desperation, Doubling Ike is enough (when he doesnt run DC in the A-slot). He would basicly be a hard counter for Fast ranged nukes or brave weapon ranged users. Or Firesweep/razzle dazzle users if he has null Cdisupt

He also gets to double if he runs Quick riposte (and meets The HP threshold at start of combat)

If you put the counterattack after all enemy attacks, then that part would be canceled if Ike or the opponent has Hardy Bearing equipped, which would force the counterattack to occur at the usual time (in between the enemy attacks), which would prevent Urvan's effect from activating, which would prevent Ike from being able to counterattack, which would cause the enemy to attack twice consecutively, which would cause Urvan's effect to activate, which would put the attack in between the opponent's attacks, which would prevent Urvan's effect from activating, and so on and so forth.

Edited by Ice Dragon

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

He could run a breaker, double Desperation (to cancel out Hardy Bearing in AR), Brash Assault or both Desperation and ER/WoM. 

Hardy Bearing unfortunately cannot be stacked against, same as how you cannot stack two or more Quick Riposte against Null Follow-Up.

Selkie with Fortress Def/Res and Lull Atk/Def looks fun. At the cost of 2 Atk, Fortress Def/Res 3 bumps neutral Selkie's Def up to 25 from her 19 base and with Foxkit Fang's Res+3, her Res up to 44 from her 35 base. Lull Atk/Def 3 inflicting Atk/Def-3 and neutralizing field buffs in combat would give her 28/47 effective defenses and if she's transformed and initiates combat, then it goes up to 32/51 effective defenses through Beast Cavalry's Atk/Def-4 when unit is transformed and initiates combat. Offensively, Lull Atk/Def 3 would inflict Def-3 and when transformed and she initiates, a total of Def-7. Against a melee foe, her defenses could go up to 40/59 defenses if her Res is that much higher, 16 more?, than her foe's at the start of combat.

I need these skills and to have summoned Dimitri and Kliff in the first place. Hopefully Dimitri demotes since he'd be easier to get, I think I would want to make him a merge project if that happens, and Lull Atk/Def would be more accessible/I could get it more easily for Selkie.

25 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

what was that 0.1 MB download about? Didn't see any additional notification about it...

There was a typo in Dimitri's name.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

Hardy Bearing unfortunately cannot be stacked against, same as how you cannot stack two or more Quick Riposte against Null Follow-Up.

I keep forgetting about that, thanks. 

5 hours ago, Kaden said:

Selkie with Fortress Def/Res and Lull Atk/Def looks fun. At the cost of 2 Atk, Fortress Def/Res 3 bumps neutral Selkie's Def up to 25 from her 19 base and with Foxkit Fang's Res+3, her Res up to 44 from her 35 base. Lull Atk/Def 3 inflicting Atk/Def-3 and neutralizing field buffs in combat would give her 28/47 effective defenses and if she's transformed and initiates combat, then it goes up to 32/51 effective defenses through Beast Cavalry's Atk/Def-4 when unit is transformed and initiates combat. Offensively, Lull Atk/Def 3 would inflict Def-3 and when transformed and she initiates, a total of Def-7. Against a melee foe, her defenses could go up to 40/59 defenses if her Res is that much higher, 16 more?, than her foe's at the start of combat.

I need these skills and to have summoned Dimitri and Kliff in the first place. Hopefully Dimitri demotes since he'd be easier to get, I think I would want to make him a merge project if that happens, and Lull Atk/Def would be more accessible/I could get it more easily for Selkie.

im very sure none of them would demote ever lol

16 hours ago, Hilda said:

I think B!Ike would be very nice with a Shield Pulse refine with a conditional Distant Counter. When Urvans effect (-80%) kicks in he can Counter regardles of Distance or something like that

If they could solve the condition conflict in a practical way, Urvan DC would be an interesting refine. Shield pulse's CD reduction would be redundant with Ikes vanilla Steady Breath though (we need 7 CD specials). 

15 hours ago, Alexmender said:

A funny thing is that Cordy isn't all that great as a GF user in Awakening because her classes lean more towards tanking instead of full offense, she only has access to Vengeance/Sol when stuff like Luna/Astra is more desirable but she makes up for it by having Armsthrift which gave her unlimited uses on whatever weapon she's using. 

She isn't? I never finished Awakening, but I played mostly with Cordelia as a Dark Flier. She could GF, had great mobility and had access to both physical and magical ranged weapons. 

15 hours ago, Alexmender said:

The only thing more broken than GF was Pair Up, I don't know if it was an oversight from IS but in Awakening you could pair up units with Brave weapons and for each hit the main unit did the one in the back would deal two and if the main one was fast enough to do a x4 that would end up as 12 hits total which is absolutely disgusting. Stuff like that makes me glad that Heroes is a lot more balanced despite the heavy reliance on specials it has.

Yeah, I think that's part of the reason why they limited the new pair-up ability to few modes and legendary heroes in FEH. I'm using GF units (Cherche, BH!Roy, Ally) + L!Alm in Allegiance battles, which makes things a lot easier. 

24 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

If they could solve the condition conflict in a practical way, Urvan DC would be an interesting refine. Shield pulse's CD reduction would be redundant with Ikes vanilla Steady Breath though (we need 7 CD specials). 

She isn't? I never finished Awakening, but I played mostly with Cordelia as a Dark Flier. She could GF, had great mobility and had access to both physical and magical ranged weapons. 

Yeah, I think that's part of the reason why they limited the new pair-up ability to few modes and legendary heroes in FEH. I'm using GF units (Cherche, BH!Roy, Ally) + L!Alm in Allegiance battles, which makes things a lot easier. 

Yeah, basically Galeforce shenanigans in Awakening is built around Galeforce + offense build(likely Limit Breaker Luna Galeforce +2) in which the best offensive build is Cellica Gale and then you use it to clean 3 stuff and Rescue Staff back. Its very reminiscent of Heroes strike and Reposition shenanigans, but its notable that in Awakening Rescue Staff can reach the entire map in min maxing world.

Cordelia is good, but its largely from a more "tanking but have Galeforce" esque build that generally have lower overall ceiling than Galeforce offensive builds

It actually have an interesting story behind it too, people used to consider Cordelia the best of the (relatively worthless) gen 1, due to inflated rating on Armthrift, while at the same time mocking Sumia for low marriage option and inability to get Cordelia shenanigans build but once people discovered that Galeforce Rescue is the strongest strats in Awakening, Sumia is considered the best and one of few worth using gen 1(alongside Chrom), the optimal marriage to Chrom(over Olivia) due to Chrom offering the strongest support and Aether + Luna being the strongest Galeforce build

She's ended up considered so complete than sometimes you wish she can asexually reproduce since one of her pairing is Fred who give the most undesirable stats mods but Cynthia is so good that it doesn't matter much either way

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

7 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

im very sure none of them would demote ever lol

Why you gotta trample a man's hope?

Anyway, the small update fixed Dimitri's name for the Blue Lions accessory and somebody was uncredited.

41 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Why you gotta trample a man's hope?

Anyway, the small update fixed Dimitri's name for the Blue Lions accessory and somebody was uncredited.

From what I understood, Male Byleth's VA was uncredited.

34 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

From what I understood, Male Byleth's VA was uncredited.

I know, but considering the situation and past history regarding M!Byleth's English voice actor, I'd rather not give him any credit to any of his work.

I did recently hear that that guy was controversial, but the article also showed him making a huge apology note to those he hurt. So it looks like he's changing his ways. I mean, sure he could be lying, but this apology message was huge and going out to several people. I doubt it's likely someone would go to all that trouble just to lie.

Edited by Anacybele

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I did recently hear that that guy was controversial, but the article also showed him making a huge apology note to those he hurt. So it looks like he's changing his ways. I mean, sure he could be lying, but this apology message was huge and going out to several people. I doubt it's likely someone would go to all that trouble just to lie.

Unfortunately it happens. I enjoyed his work as a VA, didn't realize anything about his, um, personal issues. He could only be saying sorry because his prior behavior is impacting his work now.

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Guy has a history of 15 years of being abusive towards people, and is only apologizing now because the ex-girlfriend made the situation public. Regardless of whether he’s genuine or not, he’s probably done with the VA community. 

Also, he had a history for breach of contracts and breaking NDAs, so Nintendo likely had enough motive to break ties with him even without the personal stuff, which is why he’s now uncredited in FEH. 

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner If I ever have the time to replay Awakening, I may ask for the best GF options then. 

tbf its actually only relevant if your min maxing for postgame which even then is full of alternative weaker options that "work". Honestly with high enough stats and rescue staff you dont need much in terms of pure optimization

45 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I know, but considering the situation and past history regarding M!Byleth's English voice actor, I'd rather not give him any credit to any of his work.

AHAH

anyway i never saw what this VA dude history is but eh im already too nulled by this kind of stuff at this point >_>

3 minutes ago, Jave said:

Guy has a history of 15 years of being abusive towards people, and is only apologizing now because the ex-girlfriend made the situation public. Regardless of whether he’s genuine or not, he’s probably done with the VA community. 

Also, he had a history for breach of contracts and breaking NDAs, so Nintendo likely had enough motive to break ties with him even without the personal stuff, which is why he’s now uncredited in FEH. 

I never said he shouldn't be uncredited. It's fair enough that he is. Just pointing out that people can and do change, that's all.

Edited by Anacybele

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I never said he shouldn't be uncredited. It's fair enough that he is. Just pointing out that people can and do change, that's all.

agreed with you on that. This is why I personally hate cancel culture cause it predicates itself on the idea that no one is allowed to make a mistake. I mean no one is perfect and people make mistakes. We shouldn't judge people by their ability to not make mistakes cause that's an inevitability but rather their ability to learn from those mistakes. It depends on the severity of the crime but still. People make mistakes. Let them correct those mistakes instead of continuously trying to destroy them. 

7 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

agreed with you on that. This is why I personally hate cancel culture cause it predicates itself on the idea that no one is allowed to make a mistake. I mean no one is perfect and people make mistakes. We shouldn't judge people by their ability to not make mistakes cause that's an inevitability but rather their ability to learn from those mistakes. It depends on the severity of the crime but still. People make mistakes. Let them correct those mistakes instead of continuously trying to destroy them. 

Yeah, my point exactly. It sickens me when people still insult others for mistakes they made after those people changed, and sometimes those were mistakes that were made YEARS ago.