Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, DraceEmpressa said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The Death Knight is a Lance unit, not Axe. 

What .

Spoiler

The Scythe of Sariel was a lance in Three Houses too. Scythes modified for combat, war scythes, were more or less spears. The Scythe of Sariel on the other hand is a regular scythe, but at the same time, consider what an axe head looks like compared to a scythe's blade. Axe heads are chunkier while scythe blades are slimmer and, well, are blades. That doesn't mean there aren't axes with blade-like heads such as the dagger-axe, but a scythe being classified as an axe might be weird.

That said, I had hoped they would have made him an axe cavalry for gameplay purposes since we have plenty of lance cavalry going around and axe cavalry only has Titania as the newest axe cavalry in the regular summoning pool and in the 3* to 4* pool, Walhart as a GHB unit, and groom Marth as a TT unit. Summer Alfonse is a seasonal unit and Yarne sort of counts as a green cavalry beast, but he's 5* only. I even hoped for him to be an armor because why not. Oh well, he's true to what he is in Three Houses.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Seeing his speed dulls the disappointment of him not being an axe for sure. There are decent options for slow axe cavalry already at least, whereas the fast axe category is a complete wasteland.

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Atk Tactic seal confirmed coming soon (pay attention to Petra's portion of the video):

Not this month. He used a generator to show off the characters. Atk Tactic seal is theoretical atm.

@Kaden  by that logic, Hel should be blue as well instead of green.  IS could show at least some modicum of consistency. 

Edited by silverserpent

30 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

@Kaden  by that logic, Hel should be blue as well instead of green.  IS could show at least some modicum of consistency

But Alfonse can't win and be a hero if Hel was a lance unit! The T-Adept refine means he loses to her when he wins against Veronica and Surtr. Sacrifices must be made for the plot of this game. 😛

Refines are out too.

Spoiler

qjemt50evqe31.jpg

That guy on my friend list with +10 Boey must be so happy. Mae's is also nice and if I were using both they'd be both getting effect refine.

I might have debated using Selena again if that had been released last year. Alas. Beruka's is also fitting, the atk reduction isn't amazing, but coming with Guard it's alright.

41 minutes ago, Kaden said:

But Alfonse can't win and be a hero if Hel was a lance unit! The T-Adept refine means he loses to her when he wins against Veronica and Surtr. Sacrifices must be made for the plot of this game. 😛

Tbh i kinda wish they give Alfonse more weapon options in general lol. Nothing wrong with his current one, but considering he's not going to get merge ever(for an actually good reason. Arena would be even more of a shitshow) they could go that route with the trio >_>

You know what, four-character banners can go fucking rot in hell. Fuck this shit.

EDIT: Running the numbers, if I wanted to be cynical I could totally say Lyn has been completely removed from her summer banner's Focus pool p < 0.05. Statistical significance!

EDIT 2: I finally get another copy of Lyn after 128 pulls, along with Ophelia, Ylgr, and Ursula... which is an utterly dismal 3.1% overall 5-star rate (expected ~6.5%) and an even more abysmal 0.8% Focus rate (expected ~3.3%).

This is the third month in a row where every single one of my four-character banner rates has been significantly below average. I'm pretty sure I should just stop summoning on them altogether and summon as exclusively on Legendary/Mythic banners as possible. This shit is dumb.

In other news, I got 3 copies of Marathon Runner Tiki with my free pull and 5 tickets. So at least that's a thing.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Holy crap on Boey's refine! Now, I just need to pull a +Def copy and start building. I have a +Atk/-HP one, but that's it. Blues were taking up my summoning for the most part these past banners.

@Kaden Plot convenience for game mechanics is a bs excuse. If that's the sole reason they made Hel Green after Surtr...I will want to slap IS.

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

Axe heads are chunkier while scythe blades are slimmer and, well, are blades.

That doesn't change the fact that scythes are weighted almost identically to axes with all of the mass at the end of the weapon, whereas spears have their center of mass at the midpoint of the shaft.

While a spear can be used for slashing, its primary function is to stab. Granted, a real scythe (regular scythe, not war scythe) can really neither slash nor stab because the blade is pointed the wrong way, but it behaves much more similarly to an axe than to a spear. You can't effectively stab someone with a scythe along the axis of the shaft.

But then again, scythes in Monster Hunter count as Longswords, so... yeah.

A scythe is neither a lance nor an axe. If you really want to be accurate they would have to make an all new category. The Scythe of Sariel was a lance in Three houses, so that's what they went with here, which I appreciate. 

Y...

We are almost to Z...

This is a public reminder that Scythes are not even originally tools of war, they're farming tools. They're used to effectively mow, or scythe, grass and crops.

The Death Knight is just a really edgy farmer.

@Diovani Bressan Remember us talking about Sorcery Blade and Inf. Hexblade?

Spoiler

Yeah nevermind, the damn thing is only inheritable by Infantry tomes, it's equally as strict as Sorcery Blade.

Edited by Xenomata

20 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

@Diovani Bressan Remember us talking about Sorcery Blade and Inf. Hexblade?

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah nevermind, the damn thing is only inheritable by Infantry tomes, it's equally as strict as Sorcery Blade.

Wait, really? That's lame! Now I may change the color I will summon. Thanks for informing me about it.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

2 hours ago, Michelaar said:

A scythe is neither a lance nor an axe. If you really want to be accurate they would have to make an all new category. The Scythe of Sariel was a lance in Three houses, so that's what they went with here, which I appreciate. 

If we want to be accurate, then there is no such thing as an infantry lance. Lances are exclusively used while mounted (and should all have single-digit durability).

The point is that if we want to use our pre-existing categories, a (fantasy) scythe is closer in usage to an axe than to a lance, much like how spears end up falling in the lance category (and are incorrectly named as lances).

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If we want to be accurate, then there is no such thing as an infantry lance. Lances are exclusively used while mounted (and should all have single-digit durability).

The point is that if we want to use our pre-existing categories, a (fantasy) scythe is closer in usage to an axe than to a lance, much like how spears end up falling in the lance category (and are incorrectly named as lances).

Sure, but IS sure doesn't seem to think so. It's not like they are any good at keeping traditions. And I'm pretty sure people are upset because there are already so many Lance cavaliers as opposed to Axe cavaliers. I dont think people would give a damn if there were many axe cavaliers because whether a scythe is classified as a Lance or an Axe is quite a useless thing to get angry about. It's the same thing with the spoon weapons Charlotte and Alfonse have and I didn't see anyone complain there because it literally doesn't matter.

With that rant out of the way, i'll bow out.

With Fallen Takumi's re-run starting today (as of writing this), the hardest GHB for the longest time (still is arguably). Caineghis is a fair and balanced unit, he totally did not man handle Infernal with Tibarn (another fair and balanced unit) and the 2 herons. No sir... did not totally happen.

Oh, look, he only needs to break me twice more. Mordecai can crawl in a hole and die after stealing my Dimitri pulls. At least I have an uber tank for if I decide to run a beast team. Or he ever becomes a bonus unit again. I'm glad I'm free picking Eliwood for CYL, I'd hate to get broken again.

AkW4Wpl.jpg

4 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Mordecai can crawl in a hole and die after stealing my Dimitri pulls.

But he's such a nice person! How could you wish such evil on him?

Anyway, my stupid self wondered how much chaos Olwen and Reinhardt could cause with "Unit can move 1 extra space" as the unique refinement to Dire Thunder. It'd be hilarious and painful.

Edited by Kaden

7 minutes ago, Kaden said:

But he's such a nice person! How could you wish such evil on him?

Anyway, my stupid self wondered how much chaos Olwen and Reinhardt could cause with "Unit can move 1 extra space" as the unique refinement to Dire Thunder. It'd be hilarious and painful.

He's not nice for Dimitri-blocking. Those 5* Mordecai could've been him instead. My Lion could be sitting at +9. 

4-move units would be ridiculous, we'd see a new era of terror brought on by the resurgence of "Magic is Everything!"

I'm probably not going to do it. But thinking about my 12.50% rate makes me just want to drop the $4 on the one time BK pack so I can do 3 last pulls in a last ditch effort.

Then I think about how not only irritated but irresponsible I would feel having wasted 4 RL dollars and breaking F2P for nothing If I didn't get anything worthwhile in those pulls.

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

He's not nice for Dimitri-blocking. Those 5* Mordecai could've been him instead. My Lion could be sitting at +9. 

4-move units would be ridiculous, we'd see a new era of terror brought on by the resurgence of "Magic is Everything!"

He just wanted to be friends with you. Also, man's a tiger and tigers are like striped lions without manes. 😛

Olwen and Reinhardt with Pass and 4 movement. That is all.

6 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Sure, but IS sure doesn't seem to think so. It's not like they are any good at keeping traditions. And I'm pretty sure people are upset because there are already so many Lance cavaliers as opposed to Axe cavaliers. I dont think people would give a damn if there were many axe cavaliers because whether a scythe is classified as a Lance or an Axe is quite a useless thing to get angry about. It's the same thing with the spoon weapons Charlotte and Alfonse have and I didn't see anyone complain there because it literally doesn't matter.

With that rant out of the way, i'll bow out.

Well, having now seen the Death Knight's art and weapon sprite on the character introductions page, it makes enough sense to count it as a lance since it's basically just a halberd with pointy axe head.

43 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I'm probably not going to do it. But thinking about my 12.50% rate makes me just want to drop the $4 on the one time BK pack so I can do 3 last pulls in a last ditch effort.

Then I think about how not only irritated but irresponsible I would feel having wasted 4 RL dollars and breaking F2P for nothing If I didn't get anything worthwhile in those pulls.

At least the Black Knight pack is (1) relatively cheap and (2) gives you a guaranteed unit. And it only costs about as much as a drink from Starbucks and gives lasting benefits.

32 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Well, having now seen the Death Knight's art and weapon sprite on the character introductions page, it makes enough sense to count it as a lance since it's basically just a halberd with pointy axe head.

It is? So it's basically just a scythe in name only?

3 hours ago, Kaden said:

He just wanted to be friends with you. Also, man's a tiger and tigers are like striped lions without manes. 😛

Olwen and Reinhardt with Pass and 4 movement. That is all.

no, it's his revenge for me not wanting him on his launch banner, only to want him 2 months later so he could be sacrificed to P!Lukas.

Also, no. Just no. I have enough fun using that setup on Naesala.

Edited by silverserpent