Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

14 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Do you consider to build Panne with Galeforce? I have already a lot of GF lances, two of them Cavs (Cordy + Oscar), so beast fliers have higher priority currently. 

Overall, did you come to a conclusion to your question of whom to give GF next? Laegjarn has really nice art, do you like her voice? 

It's expensive, but since Panne has Astra, throwing Galeforce onto her from a 5* Cordelia and whatever other skill you want from her lets you get a lot of one unit for skill inheritance. I considered it since I don't have a blue Galeforce cavalry, but because Oscar and Peri have personal Killer Lances and actually have an attack stat, I held off. Does not help that CYL Eliwood is a lance cavalry too and his offenses are dumb.

Haven't decided yet. Considering Naesala if I get around to start HM farming since one of the strategies posted uses Naesala with Galeforce.

Yes, I do like Laegjarn's voice. It's really pleasant to listen to. It's funny how her voice actress voices Annette and Nanna too. That's really good range. Sigrun, Ylgr, and Yune's voice actress, Megan Lee, is on the same boat.

21 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I'm doing the same thing, but I don't remember a moment when that gave me an advantage.

I relied on F2P strategies before I was able to get some powerful units. Still use them out of laziness especially on maps that have reinforcements or require the use of the Askr trio and friends to specifically take out someone. Nowadays, they take up space. Sometimes they get used, but very rarely. I remember two or three Lunatic Chain Challenges strategies from さるGames that used Serra. For whatever reason, she was needed. That said, some of are regulars like Ursula is used in many strategies. Effective damage, Death Blow, and being a cavalry mage goes a long way.

Dumb thought that was likely posted already: because one of Anna's sisters provided our Anna with the cleaning solution that Sharena spilled during the Lost Lore opening, we need a dagger Anna. Why? Because we'd be able to give her The Cleaner. Alternatively, another Anna should have cleaning-related weapon like she could throw soap or cleaning fluids at people or something.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

13 hours ago, Kaden said:

Yes, I do like Laegjarn's voice. It's really pleasant to listen to. It's funny how her voice actress voices Annette and Nanna too. That's really good range. Sigrun, Ylgr, and Yune's voice actress, Megan Lee, is on the same boat.

I like all three Laegjarns, wish I knew what to do with OG and lance Laegjarn though. 

I relied on F2P strategies before I was able to get some powerful units. Still use them out of laziness especially on maps that have reinforcements or require the use of the Askr trio and friends to specifically take out someone. Nowadays, they take up space. Sometimes they get used, but very rarely

Had the same thing in mind, but the last guide I used was for defense relay (that strange mode we got for a few runs) and perhaps HM farming.

Dumb thought that was likely posted already: because one of Anna's sisters provided our Anna with the cleaning solution that Sharena spilled during the Lost Lore opening, we need a dagger Anna. Why? Because we'd be able to give her The Cleaner. Alternatively, another Anna should have cleaning-related weapon like she could throw soap or cleaning fluids at people or something.

You could give her a bucket as well. 

It's expensive, but since Panne has Astra, throwing Galeforce onto her from a 5* Cordelia and whatever other skill you want from her lets you get a lot of one unit for skill inheritance

Saves one Virion. Since Panne can't learn Brave+, she could get TA3 and ... Pass. 

Too many ranged units for this week's Allegiance Battle so I just had a +10 Felicia with Mystic Boost on my friend's list tank all of the mages. Probably won't score very high but at least it's done and out of the way.

19 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Hm, looks like there will be no CYL trailer by the looks of it until... pretty much 5 or so hours before the actual banner drops. Kinda wanted to get hype. Oh well.

Hmm? The banner is still 28 hours away. We normally get trailers shortly after this hour.

EDIT: And there it is, right on cue. They're usually at 1pm my time and that's the time right now.

Edited by Humanoid

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I like all three Laegjarns, wish I knew what to do with OG and lance Laegjarn though.  

Galeforce.

Seriously, though, regular Laegjarn isn't the fastest of sword fliers, but she could probably pull it off and running L&D3 on her wouldn't be much of a gamble since she would drop down to 31 Def from her 36 base neutral Def. Problem is that Caeda (24/37) and summer Fiora (32/37) exist who would be easier to merge provided you can summon them or want to spend grails on summer Fiora. Otherwise, keep Niu on her. It's dependent on the foe's buffs, but Laegjarn can get a lot of stats as it adds half of the buffs on her foe. The maximum being Atk/Spd/Def/Res+14 if her foe was refreshed and buffed by legendary Azura with Hone Atk 4. Goad Fliers stacking would be hilarious since she would be able to get with three Goad Fliers and if her foe had +7 buffs on all their stats: Atk/Spd+26 and Def/Res+14 . A more realistic situation would probably be a foe getting +4 or +6 to two different stats which would grant Laegjarn +4 or +6 to all her stats during combat. If you had a spare Lene, then Safeguard could work to make her into a pure physical tank and maybe she could be a mixed tank with Barrier Blade patching up her very low resistance. New Year's Hrid has the same base neutral Def as her, but essentially trades speed for resistance; he'd have actual raw bulk while Laegjarn would have speed to avoid doubles and double on her own.

For New Year's Laegjarn, her default Wagasa's Chill Def 3 and Chill Res 3 lets her be a good support unit. She's kind of like Oboro if Oboro didn't need attack someone to inflict Seal Def 3 and to be nearby someone to inflict Threaten Res 3. Slap on Chill Atk 3 or Chill Spd 3 as NY Laegjarn's seal depending on what you want and there you go, she has three Chills. If Soren's on her team and with Wind's Brand, then all you would need is her or someone else with Chill Spd 3 and you'd have a Chill All team. Barrier/Berkut's Lance is another option for a mixed bulk tank, but Berkut, the Death Knight, Donnel, Florina, Lukas, Oboro, Shiro, Silas, and Thea among others might be a better option given their higher bulk or raw defenses than her even if some of them are much slower than her.

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Saves one Virion. Since Panne can't learn Brave+, she could get TA3 and ... Pass. 

Panne's a cavalry unit, so Pass would be good on her with her 3 movement. If you had a lot of spare copies of Gaius, T-Adept 3 might be a better option since you can pick up Pass 3 from him. T-Adept specializes Panne, but that might be needed depending on the situation or what you want her to do. Also, it means you can have an A passive for her even if it's not the ideal one you want on her since she doesn't have a default A passive, but she does have a default B passive Chill Spd.

Edited by Kaden

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

Galeforce.

Seriously, though, regular Laegjarn isn't the fastest of sword fliers, but she could probably pull it off [...]

Naa, I already have Elincia, Caeda and Tibarn as my red GF fliers. I wish her prf wouldn't depend on enemy buffs, it's my least favorite condition. 

I wanted to make something out of her bulk, but my copies are +ATK/-DEF and +DEF/-ATK and I don't want to merge. 

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

For New Year's Laegjarn, her default Wagasa's Chill Def 3 and Chill Res 3 lets her be a good support unit. She's kind of like Oboro if Oboro didn't need attack someone to inflict Seal Def 3 and to be nearby someone to inflict Threaten Res 3. Slap on Chill Atk 3 or Chill Spd 3 as NY Laegjarn's seal depending on what you want and there you go, she has three Chills. [...]

Hmm nice idea. With triple chill plus smoke I could run her with Gunnthrà and Hrid on a debuff cav team. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

Panne's a cavalry unit, so Pass would be good on her with her 3 movement. If you had a lot of spare copies of Gaius, T-Adept 3 might be a better option since you can pick up Pass 3 from him. T-Adept specializes Panne, but that might be needed depending on the situation or what you want her to do. Also, it means you can have an A passive for her even if it's not the ideal one you want on her since she doesn't have a default A passive, but she does have a default B passive Chill Spd.

Yeah, I usually pass all possible level 3 skills from Cordelia using Virion, Fir/Gaius, Selena (GF units get Reposition anyway) and Donnel (plus drag back) for the level 2 skills. 

I'm using Pass on Tibarn for example, but won't promote Panne anytime soon. 

Everyone going crazy over CYL and here I am wondering If I should pull on this dancer banner for Xander/Close Counter... ugh.

In other news I still want a Dawn Brigade banner. Last time we got RD Beorc was Micaiah/Sothe/Zelgius right? I want the whole shebang next January. Edward/Nolan/Leonardo/Laura with Aran as a TT reward (lance infantry).

Give Aran:

• 50 HP / 38 ATK / 18 SPD / 41 DEF / 21 RES
  • Weapon: Chill ATK Lance (Refinable)
  • Special: Bonfire
  • A: Steady Breath
  • B: Guard 3

This is 2020 we're talking about. You can give us Steady Breath on someone other than Ike.

Edited by Zeo

Not sure i see much use on Threaten atk/spd outside of Mathew and Saizo if you throw them into the thick of enemies.

If it was 3 ranges i would have seen it been an excellent C-skill for Defense Teams in Aether Raids with a harsch command + trap.

42 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

I'm glad the games notifies you when your Heroes return from their exploration in Lost Lore. 

It is nice if my phone's asleep but I was grinding HM and ended up remembering to send them out 2 hours late, hul~

Not bad I suppose but Exploration times are just so looooonnngggg

It always amazes me when I find out a VA voices characters that are so different from each other. For example, the Japanese VA for Tana, Tanaka Kumi, also voices Nowi and Aversa.  

I wish Caeda's Japanese VA, Hayami Saori, would voice another character in FEH but looking at her Behind the VA page, she's a busy lady. 

Fun fact: Mr. Dire Thunder's Japanese VA, Tone Kentaro, also voices Wrys and Batre.

Edited by Flying Shogi

10 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

It always amazes me when I find out when a VA voices characters that are so different from each other. For example, the Japanese VA for Tana, Tanaka Kumi, also voices Nowi and Aversa.  

I wish Caeda's Japanese VA, Hayami Saori, would voice another character in FEH but looking at her Behind the VA page, she's a busy lady. 

Fun fact: Mr. Dire Thunder's Japanese VA, Tone Kentaro, also voices Wrys and Batre.

Yeah, I was surprised to learn Frederick and Validar have the same VA. lol Kyle Hebert has some crazy range. He sounds entirely different as Frederick, as Validar, AND as Bartre.

He also voices Ryu from Street Fighter, though in that case, he just sounds like a somewhat gruffer Frederick. I guess his Frederick voice is either his normal one or the closest thing to it.

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I was surprised to learn Frederick and Validar have the same VA. lol Kyle Hebert has some crazy range. He sounds entirely different as Frederick, as Validar, AND as Bartre.

He also voices Ryu from Street Fighter, though in that case, he just sounds like a somewhat gruffer Frederick. I guess his Frederick voice is either his normal one or the closest thing to it.

I'm sometimes amazed for the fact Frederick's other voice (Daisuke Ono), it's the voice of Jotaro.

50 minutes ago, redlight said:

Well this is interesting. There are six new slots in the hero catalogue while there should be five based on official sources.

Uh, no there’s not. My catalog is only showing five ?s.

58 minutes ago, redlight said:

Well this is interesting. There are six new slots in the hero catalogue while there should be five based on official sources.

That's not the case in my game, are you sure you're not just missing someone?

@redlight 415 is the correct number of total heroes, however Keaton is the first unit on my corresponding screen, with the Kanas being in the second and third spot. So this is simply you never having encountered a unit that already exists in the game.

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

@redlight 415 is the correct number of total heroes, however Keaton is the first unit on my corresponding screen, with the Kanas being in the second and third spot. So this is simply you never having encountered a unit that already exists in the game.

Maybe Masked Marth? Since I started a new account in Spring I've never gotten him.