Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Oh my god, why is Fallen Corrin so fucking overpowered?

I swear, no matter how many times I go against her, regardless of what mode I'm in, it's the same damn story. I either lose a lot of my units killing her or I can't kill her at all. And she's not even on a defense tile most of the time and I'm using units like Brave Eliwood who do effective damage or my +10 T-Adept female Robin who has advantage against colorless. They should be perfectly good counters to her and yet they rarely ever actually stand a chance.

Though it doesn't help that my Brave Eliwood is -Atk either. He left one Fallen Corrin with 3 HP. Normal Atk or +Atk would have killed her.

IS obviously can't nerf her, so what the hell am I supposed to do to NOT struggle against this one stupid unit?

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Icelerate said:

It's because she gets +6 to all stats when you bait her away from her allies. 

She's sometimes adjacent to allies and I still can't kill her easily though. That's still a ridiculously OP effect anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

She's sometimes adjacent to allies and I still can't kill her easily though.

Depends on how many allies are with her. If she has 3 allies near her, she should be easy to kill. Pisses me off that she power creeps her Adrift version just a few months later. 

Just now, Icelerate said:

Depends on how many allies are with her. If she has 3 allies near her, she should be easy to kill. Pisses me off that she power creeps her Adrift version just a few months later. 

My Eliwood got beaten by her in AR when she was adjacent to like four allies. This was where he left her with 3 HP and that -Atk fucking stung...

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

My Eliwood got beaten by her in AR when she was adjacent to like four allies. This was where he left her with 3 HP and that -Atk fucking stung...

Maybe your Eliwood wasn't merged and flowered while the Corrin was fully merged and flowered. 

Just now, Icelerate said:

Maybe your Eliwood wasn't merged and flowered while the Corrin was fully merged and flowered. 

I only ever got one Brave Eliwood, so yeah, he wasn't merged. I haven't given him any dragonflowers either. But that Corrin having been merged is possible. Still doesn't explain why consistently have trouble with her regardless though.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I only ever got one Brave Eliwood, so yeah, he wasn't merged. I haven't given him any dragonflowers either. But that Corrin having been merged is possible. Still doesn't explain why consistently have trouble with her regardless though.

Maybe there were a lot of drive buffs that enhanced her. 

But F!Corrin is tier 1 for a reason. I also have a lot of trouble with her even in easy game modes. 

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sudden Panic? This must be a very new skill, I've not heard of it.

That'd be because only fallen F!Corrin has it at present, and it functions the same as Aversa's Night. In other words, if your units start a turn adjacent to each other Sudden Panic will inflict Panic on them if their HP is less than Corrin's HP - 1.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That'd be because only fallen F!Corrin has it at present, and it functions the same as Aversa's Night. In other words, if your units start a turn adjacent to each other Sudden Panic will inflict Panic on them if their HP is less than Corrin's HP - 1.

...Yeah, that sounds rather OP too. She has a lot of HP and a lot of the time, your units start a battle adjacent to each other, so if you go into a battle where she's present, you're likely going in debuffed at the start. 😕

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

It's really broken on her because you need all the stats you can get to fight her but it hard counters hone/fortify skills so you have to fight without buffs. 

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Yeah, that sounds rather OP too. She has a lot of HP and a lot of the time, your units start a battle adjacent to each other, so if you go into a battle where she's present, you're likely going in debuffed at the start. 😕

Yeah, but at the same time it also doesn't inflict a debuff of Atk/Spd/Def/Res-3 like Aversa's Night does. It exchanges that for a lower threshold for the Panic inflicting effect.

Also, I obviously can't say if the ones your Brave Eliwood ran into had Sudden Panic but Eliwood's default HP is three points lower than fallen F!Corrin's (40 to 43). Mine certainly would get hit by it since he's -HP.

7 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

It's really broken on her because you need all the stats you can get to fight her but it hard counters hone/fortify skills so you have to fight without buffs. 

Yeah, it really does form a pretty nasty combo with Savage Breath and Atk/Spd Solo. Personally, she never gave me problems in the latest Tempest Trials whenever she'd show up. Though to be fair to her, none of the other dragons or beasts or anything else for that matter really gave me problems when I was running both Brave Alm and Brave Eliwood (both +Atk too).

I have less of an issue with Corrin's innate weapon/sudden panic/A-slot solo and more of an issue with how she got extra BST for no real reason. At the very least, bitch shouldn't have gotten the BST bump. Neither should've the Adrift Corrins. I hate her and Fallen Tiki and Surtr so much, even though I have 2/3 of them myself.

@Anacybele Really all I can offer you is "Take a strong Dragon killer", because Corrin really is a giant pain in the ass to handle and work around, though most Dragons are...

Chrom is 3*/4* accessible and has the same Lv40 Atk values as Brave Eliwood. Plus Sealed Falchion + Death Blow 3 is about the same Atk wise as Nini's Ice Lance + Swift Sparrow 3. As such, it'll be easier to get the right Asset for him and even +10 him for taking out a very alone Fallen Corrin. Only true issue would be movement at that point, because regardless how Chrom is built he aint taking magic hits for crap.

Atk Tactic and Rally Atks are good to have as well, though Atk Tactic is readily available on Legault at 3*/4*. Lastly, unless you're running into Corrins who run Vantage or Null C-Disrupt, you can never go wrong with Firesweep Weapon + Double Poison Strike/Dazzling Pain+ Staff.

...that's really all I can say on the matter. I know you aren't exactly one for using a unit if you don't like them, but I couldn't recommend most of the dragon killers in the game anyway since they're either 5* locked or limited time units (My favorite is Legendary Julia, which if my +10ing her, maxing out her Dragonflowers, and giving her Summoner Support didn't make it obvious, there it's in written text now).

Edited by Xenomata

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Chrom is 3*/4* accessible and has the same Lv40 Atk values as Brave Eliwood. Plus Sealed Falchion + Death Blow 3 is about the same Atk wise as Nini's Ice Lance + Swift Sparrow 3. As such, it'll be easier to get the right Asset for him and even +10 him for taking out a very alone Fallen Corrin. Only true issue would be movement at that point, because regardless how Chrom is built he aint taking magic hits for crap. 

Atk Tactic and Rally Atks are good to have as well, though Atk Tactic is readily available on Legault at 3*/4*. Lastly, unless you're running into Corrins who run Vantage or Null C-Disrupt, you can never go wrong with Firesweep Weapon + Double Poison Strike/Dazzling Pain+ Staff.

...that's really all I can say on the matter. I know you aren't exactly one for using a unit if you don't like them, but I couldn't recommend most of the dragon killers in the game anyway since they're either 5* locked or limited time units (My favorite is Legendary Julia, which if my +10ing her, maxing out her Dragonflowers, and giving her Summoner Support didn't make it obvious, there it's in written text now). 

No thanks, I don't like Chrom at all. Besides, I have several other Falchion users including regular Marth, legendary Marth, Alm, Brave Alm, and Lucina (though I never use her anymore). And as for other dragon killers, I have Yukata Elincia, Deirdre, and legendary Julia. I really should try making one of them more of a one-hit KO dragon nuke. Legendary Julia is probably the best for that, her Atk stat seems insane.

Brave Eliwood is a bonus unit in AR atm which is why I was using him in this case, but yeah.

Edited by Anacybele

never really had much issue with Fallen Corrin until i met Fallen Corrin with Eliwood once

That just made me hate Eliwood even more than i already have but people didn't use Eliwood often. Thank god

One does not simply kill FallenCorrin or FallenTiki.

Lucky for me I dont face them often and if i do i can handle them. Dragons are getting out of Hand. I have said that since over one year. The only thing keeping them in check is effectiv damage (Dragon or Armor). I fear for the next BST increase.

I'm just thankful she doesn't come with DC on her weapon. At least at my level of competitive play, I think I meet her without DC more often than not with my standard arena team. But yeah, when I do face her with DC, I better hope that my LMarth is still available.

If she does not have DC, she’s a joke since ranged units since ranged attacks+ draw back etc just kite her. 

With DC it’s a bit more tricky, but sudden panic is not an issue since in AR, you can use turn one to set up a good position so that your carry won’t be adjacent and outside of AR, you have unlimited turns to kite her and get a favourable position. Dazzle healers and firesweep are great, effective dmg still reigns supreme. 

I have no issues except when HM farming 4 star units through a TT or something similar.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

No thanks, I don't like Chrom at all. Besides, I have several other Falchion users including regular Marth, legendary Marth, Alm, Brave Alm, and Lucina (though I never use her anymore). And as for other dragon killers, I have Yukata Elincia, Deirdre, and legendary Julia. I really should try making one of them more of a one-hit KO dragon nuke. Legendary Julia is probably the best for that, her Atk stat seems insane.

Brave Eliwood is a bonus unit in AR atm which is why I was using him in this case, but yeah.

Fair enough (I find it funny you like the liege but not the lord).

That makes matters simpler anyway. The good thing about Dragon effective weapons is that the wielders are usually pretty strong, so you can pick one and run with them. And yes, LegJulia's Attack is insane. My +Atk LegJulia hit 70 Atk from everything I gave her, and that's just her visible Atk before skills and field buffs. Alm has the benefit of Double Lion refine which is downright mean, meanwhile LegMarth disrupts Dragon counterattacks, making him an option for attacking without risk of dying on counterattack.

...course, Brave Eliwood is a good option to, but that -Atk is just debilitating...

In my AA run just now I had to have Lene kite Nowi around a one-tile pool of lava for a number of turns while my other three units got into position to buff each other up in order to not have Julia explode on the counter. Slightly embarrassing but yeah, even WTA and and effective damage is old hat these days. I should probably bite the bullet and refine her weapon.