Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

47 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Fair enough (I find it funny you like the liege but not the lord).

That makes matters simpler anyway. The good thing about Dragon effective weapons is that the wielders are usually pretty strong, so you can pick one and run with them. And yes, LegJulia's Attack is insane. My +Atk LegJulia hit 70 Atk from everything I gave her, and that's just her visible Atk before skills and field buffs. Alm has the benefit of Double Lion refine which is downright mean, meanwhile LegMarth disrupts Dragon counterattacks, making him an option for attacking without risk of dying on counterattack.

...course, Brave Eliwood is a good option to, but that -Atk is just debilitating...

Oh yeah, I forgot I have Horse Chrom too. And he has merges because I pulled him FOUR god damn times before I finally got one male Morgan on their debut banner. -_-

And honestly, knowing my preference trends, it's not that unusual that I love Frederick rather than Chrom. I tend to like the character that plays sidekick or second fiddle to the main one more than said main one. There have been exceptions (Ike can be counted as one if you say Soren is his "second fiddle"), but not many. Frederick is technically Chrom's second fiddle along with Robin and I prefer Robin over Chrom too, though I obviously like Frederick more still.

I love Luigi but am neutral on Mario.

I prefer Falco over Fox out of the Star Fox gang.

I prefer Robin over Batman (or more specifically, Dick Grayson over Bruce Wayne).

And most recently, I prefer Cat Noir over Ladybug in their TV show (though Ladybug has her own kind of coolness too, I just find Cat Noir an absolutely adorably hilarious goofball lol). The show has both their names in the title, but the focus is a bit more on Ladybug, so Cat Noir is slightly a second fiddle.

The list could go on.

And yes, that -Atk on Eliwood is annoying...

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Don't people generally have signature teams that they use to clear most content? My Matthew eats F!Corrin. I've had quite literally no issues dealing with her at any point. I can't remember a single instance she gave me problems clearing a map.

Now... Fallen Tiki... that's another story.

Edited by Zeo

Just now, Zeo said:

Don't people generally have signature teams that they use to clear most content? My Matthew eats F!Corrin. I've had quite literally no issues dealing with her at any point. I can't remember a single instance she gave me problems clearing a map.

Now... Fallen Tiki... that's another story.

Same, my core team of Nailah/L!Eliwood/Dancer/Optional support unit has no issues either. 

Sometimes I use Cain since he and Nailah both get BD and it makes transforming the one i need on turn one easier. Azura is ised if more move is needed, otherwise leanne. 

Mordecai can also be used if I need debuffs. Generally they have little trouble.

Hmm... I'm trying to build myself a (somewhat budget) Boey (he's currently 5* (+def) and +5) focusing on utilizing his Inscribed Tome's anti-colorless effects specifically against daggers/bows. So far, the building is going well, but I'm having trouble deciding on bowbreaker or daggerbreaker. Bows are more plentiful (that is, more commonly used), but daggers have two weapons with effectiveness against him. (Kitty paddle is good against tomes and the poison dagger is good against infantry.) I contemplated G. Tomebreaker too, but in the end I wanted to focus more on tanking physical weapons.

The rest of his build will be as follows: Inscribed Tome (+special refine), Ignis, Reposition, Steady Posture (for extra def and some protection from doubling), Close Guard, and Deflect Missiles.

I am not looking to change anything else about this build. All I'm trying to collect here are opinions on which of the two (daggerbreaker or bowbreaker) I should use. Do I go with foe frequency (especially since it seems like archers like to double), or protecting against those two special daggers' increased damage?

Edit: Eh, bowbreaker seems like the logical choice (because if the foes never throw those two daggers, there's not much point in the skill), so I'll go with that.

Edited by Mercakete

23 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Edit: Eh, bowbreaker seems like the logical choice (because if the foes never throw those two daggers, there's not much point in the skill), so I'll go with that.

Yeah, was going to say with the advent of Kagero's Dart and the permanent rarity of Kitty Paddle, I don't think I've seen either of those weapons for a long time now.

That said, while I know you don't want an alternate build as such, good ol' Triangle Adept Quick Riposte will actually let you kill either of those (and a lot of other things too) rather than just one of those weapon types, and safely tank the effective damage anyway. Admittedly you give up the ability to kill them on player phase, but you'll wreck the day of plenty a lance or axe too in return. Otherwise the special refine is kinda doing nothing at all which feels like a waste. Deflect Missiles isn't doing much either since Brave Bows barely scratch you and you're unlikely to be facing active Desperation archers.

I don't merge, so even my "main team" can struggle depending on the enemy.

Also, I don't really have a "main team", since it's basically original Eirika+original Reinhardt+whatever backup they need.

Conversely, I merge liberally but don't have a main team. I just have a bunch of movement emblem teams anchored by a couple of +10s each operating alongside some helpers that I swap in and out to suit the content. I made a mixed team but never end up using it really.

I'm taking a break from posting, watching and commenting GHB/BHB/MHB/LHB clear videos. 

In the last weeks I was busy with RL stuff and in the few time I could play Heroes, I didn't have much fun (I'm kind of bored). While I won't quit completely, I will try to do some other stuff in my free time (original/interesting suggestions are welcome) and my first step will be to ignore the Heroes War Room. 

Sorry everybody who tagged me in their clears, I know those are a lot of work and sharing cool solutions is part of the fun. I've always enjoyed doing this stuff, so I hope you guys will keep on your great work. 

Edited by mampfoid
added Chloey to the list

Thanks guys, see you as well! :- )

30 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

i'll stop with the tags so you can relax, hope RL treats you better!

I don't mind the tag, I just wanted to tell people that I won't respond anymore to clears. RL is treating me well, I just recognized a few things during a busy (but not bad) period. 

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

RIP mampfoid.

I was hoping for different suggestions. :D:

@mampfoid I always loved seeing how you could clear stuff that seems impossible in 1 turn but it's good to take a break every once in a while. I also am having tons of trouble responding to videos as I try to balance RL, 3H and FEH/FGO.

Hope you find something fun to do in your free time and good luck with RL! 

Everyone talking about what their main FEH teams are and how dragons are a pain to fight against. Meanwhile I look at the 'main' team I use to clear most content...

50KJO1p.png

Oops, guess I'm contributing to the problem huh? (Before Nagi I used to use FH!Robin by the way). But hey, dragons are so useful they are even good at beating their own kind up. But when I'm not using dragons I have a few backup teams of Elincia, Catria, Cherche and NY!Azura or a team of FH!Delthea + three dancers (because I like to be different since just about everyone else use Celica) to deal with anything else.

@mampfoid Hope you find a fun new hobby that can fill the void that Heroes isn't giving you at the moment. Personally I thought the first eight month of 2019 for Heroes were kind of a snoozefest since just about every banner besides Fallen Heroes had characters I wasn't interested. It wasn't until the Archanea banner, the recent Forging Bonds event and hope of what could be on the next few New Heroes banners that got me really excited again.

I haven't watched all your one clear videos but I really enjoyed the ones I did see. Actually encouraged me to try out Galeforce myself (recently tried it on Catria and liked the results that ensued) even though the skill is hard to come by without sacrificing Cordelia. 

Anyways, good luck with RL stuff.

On 9/23/2019 at 11:39 PM, NSSKG151 said:

Everyone talking about what their main FEH teams are and how dragons are a pain to fight against. Meanwhile I look at the 'main' team I use to clear most content...

50KJO1p.png

Oops, guess I'm contributing to the problem huh? (Before Nagi I used to use FH!Robin by the way). But hey, dragons are so useful they are even good at beating their own kind up. But when I'm not using dragons I have a few backup teams of Elincia, Catria, Cherche and NY!Azura or a team of FH!Delthea + three dancers (because I like to be different since just about everyone else use Celica) to deal with anything else.

@mampfoid Hope you find a fun new hobby that can fill the void that Heroes isn't giving you at the moment. Personally I thought the first eight month of 2019 for Heroes were kind of a snoozefest since just about every banner besides Fallen Heroes had characters I wasn't interested. It wasn't until the Archanea banner, the recent Forging Bonds event and hope of what could be on the next few New Heroes banners that got me really excited again.

I haven't watched all your one clear videos but I really enjoyed the ones I did see. Actually encouraged me to try out Galeforce myself (recently tried it on Catria and liked the results that ensued) even though the skill is hard to come by without sacrificing Cordelia. 

Anyways, good luck with RL stuff.

Well I am a pretty similar case with dragons, Naga, Fallen Tiki, Fallen corrin and Ninian for support (I am still waiting for that last monstrous dragon to come home, more orbs wasted for nagi).

Spoiler

Also sorry to ask but what is RL? 

@mampfoidWhatever is is have fun doing it and good luck, I didn't wach many of your clears and I don't comment on battle related topics often but from the ones I watched I was pleasantly surprised. 

Edited by SuperNova125

@mampfoid I don't really post in the specific map threads, but I still watch some of the clears sometimes. I remember your videos very well, even from before when I only lurked here and didn't have a registered account, they are very impressive and a good source of inspiration! Hope you have a nice break, whatever you choose to do.

9 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I believe it stands for Real Life.

@mampfoid I'll miss seeing your tags the morning of a new map, but if you're bored I certainly wouldn't want you to force it.  You've been pumping out these one-turn clears for what, almost two years now?   Don't blame you at all for wanting to move on.  Unless the idea of collecting knick-knacks or playing golf (badly) appeal to you, I'm probably not the best source of alternative hobby ideas. x)

@mampfoid

The One-Turn Club won’t be the same without it’s founder. Enjoy whatever it is you choose to do instead! I cast my vote for baking. Baking is fun, especially the part at the end where other people (hopefully) enjoy it. The internet has a lot of good recipes floating around.

I’m behind on clear responses too, tbh. I blame Three Houses.

56 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

is there any trick to getting a non 5 multiple of feathers other than culling my friends list

it randomly gave me 4 feathers Sunday, and it's bugging me a little bit

If you claim the friend feathers as soon as possible after the daily reset, there's a chance of getting less than the full five. Something to do with hitting it before the game properly loads your friends list.

2 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Well I am a pretty similar case with dragons, Naga, Fallen Tiki, Fallen corrin and Ninian for support (I am still waiting for that last monstrous dragon to come home, more orbs wasted for nagi).

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20190924_005251.thumb.jpg.4c181d80a0f8436bbb896e641b4c73bf.jpg

Yeah, RL stands for real life.

Good luck trying to get Nagi. I know she's a lifesaver in Aether Raids since she is good at dealing with several annoying enemies like Ophelia, L!Alm, L!Lucina.

10 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

If you claim the friend feathers as soon as possible after the daily reset, there's a chance of getting less than the full five. Something to do with hitting it before the game properly loads your friends list.

Thanks, that was probably what caused it in the first place