Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Frederick's best stats are Atk and Def, so he should get an enemy phase based refine imo.

Same applies to Cherche and her refine is not bad at all.

Edit: ok, I see she has 4 def less. Still, I think def tanks on EP only have it difficult in FEH. I'll take Beruka for example, her refine is already solid for just that role. But what can I hope to do against mages with her. 

Edited by Stroud

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

An enemy phase version of the Impact skills would be interesting. Deny follow-ups and have, say, Atk+6 and Def+10 when attacked. That would be the stance version of Sturdy Impact. Stack Steady Stance 4 and you'd have Def+18 when attacked and add the Guard effect in addition to Atk+6 and denying follow-ups.

Yeah, exactly! And Frederick already being tanky would make that perfect for him. He'd be virtually indestructible against non-magic units. lol

I just wonder if he'd be a little TOO annoying to go against anyway though...

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Edit: ok, I see she has 4 def less. Still, I think def tanks on EP only have it difficult in FEH. I'll take Beruka for example, her refine is already solid for just that role. But what can I hope to do against mages with her. 

Stack a lot of resistance with +Res, a resistance boosting A passive, blessed and on a team with a resistance boosting mythic or legendary, and maybe park her on a defense tile when possible. AoE specials will rip through resistance, but considering her axe's effects and that you can stack a lot of resistance on her like you would with Lukas, she can tank magic damage well at times.

13 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Same applies to Cherche and her refine is not bad at all.

Yeah, and she has a higher Atk stat than Frederick too, so a brave weapon suits her more.

Frederick's Def is higher and about the same as his own Atk, so he'd benefit more from an enemy phase weapon.

I am still waiting for Jakob to get a refine, maybe November will be the month.  I will have to see how Freddy's refine works since I have him set up as an armor counter for AA right now.  

38 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Stack a lot of resistance with +Res, a resistance boosting A passive, blessed and on a team with a resistance boosting mythic or legendary, and maybe park her on a defense tile when possible. AoE specials will rip through resistance, but considering her axe's effects and that you can stack a lot of resistance on her like you would with Lukas, she can tank magic damage well at times.

I am not certain if this takes the cut in today's meta. There are quite some powerhouse mages around. As you say AoE Specials rip through and they are not exactly scarce anymore. Also maybe you want to survive more than one mage. At best in different colors. 

Maybe I am looking to high though. But I think of something as good if it gives me an easier time in AR or it is usable in Abyssal maps. 

But also have to admit that I am not always a big fan of EP. Especially since I can see that Sheena and Gwendolyn struggle more and more. Especially Gwendolyn. 

Edited by Stroud

I have a mild preference for a player/mixed phase refine for Frederick, not because of anything to do with him as such, but because I'm pretty sure Gunter will get an enemy phase one and it'd be nice if their roles didn't overlap too much.

44 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I have a mild preference for a player/mixed phase refine for Frederick, not because of anything to do with him as such, but because I'm pretty sure Gunter will get an enemy phase one and it'd be nice if their roles didn't overlap too much.

How about Bluebreaker? Guaranteed follow-ups and denial of follow-ups on any blue unit not using Null Follow-up or are faster than him and have Wary Fighter or something like that.

To go to something unrelated to the new prfs / refines, the next VG is to be revealed tomorrow and I'm 90% certain that it's going to be Performing Arts vs. Splendid Soiree so tough shit if you were hoping for a banner(s) to free pull from. The latest datamine said that space was allocated for four new banners, and we've already seen three of them (The Chosen Ones, Weekly Revival 16, Heroes with Fierce Stance) with the last one likely being Weekly Revival 17. That, and both Performing Arts and Splendid Soiree last through the entirety of the VG.

So if my hunch is correct, get ready to likely see Memehardt win again (and if not him, then probably his liege lady either way, not Nephenee so RIP me).

If the seasonal dancers are indeed the VG, I would want to support either Shigure or Inigo but I’m positive they’re both gone be dead last regardless lol 😞

Anyway, co sign on Jakob getting a refine. He is probably the only one I would be genuinely curious for, perhaps also Rebecca. 

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

either way, not Nephenee so RIP me).

Never give up! Trust your instincts!

Except not really because the voting gauntlet is a thing. Instincts would mainly be for joining the least popular character for feathers or the most popular who'd likely win if they go so hard that they kill themselves with a last hour multipler. Who knows, though, Nephenee could still win.

Edited by Kaden

26 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I've been waiting for a Rebecca refine for AGES. That's literally my most-wanted one right now. I 5-star +10 her for goodness sake!

I hear ya! She was actually my second 5* ever, following Lachesis. 

On 9/26/2019 at 11:11 AM, BoaFerox said:

Why did they make it so that Røkkr take no damage outside of battle exept from AoE specials? The 10 damage from Poison Strike is nothing to a Røkkr's HP anyways, so Poison Strike and Savage Blow wouldn't be very good skills to use in the mode even if the Røkkr weren't immune to them. Am I forgetting some skill that deals damage outside of battle that they specifically made this effect for?

Poison Strike would do 720 damage with a 7.2× multiplier. A Galeforcer with double Poison Strike would be able to land a free 2k extra damage per turn on average (~5× multiplier).

It also presumably prevents a Rokkr boss with Fury from taking recoil damage.

On 9/26/2019 at 11:14 AM, Rinco said:

How are you guys doing to get the 150k dmg on Gunnthra? Her 2 range kinda messes up what I've been trying to do and take away damage from the enemy phase, since I'm using Caeda and Eliwood. Her 3 movement also don't help, since she can get to the other units easily.

I've tried to lock her in a corner with Eliwood + Knock Back, but got short by 30k, probably because she couldn't attack my units and eat a counter.

Not sure if it's helpful this late in the round, but I also used Palla and Elincia with Galeforce builds to chase her down each turn. I didn't have any intent to lock her in a corner, but she ended up doing so after a few turns on her own.

In general, I find Brave + Galeforce builds to be the best at getting high damage in a single run. The damage output is just so ridiculously high that you can typically hit the damage cap a turn or two before the time limit as long as you don't lose too many actions healing or chasing the boss down.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Poison Strike would do 720 damage with a 7.2× multiplier. A Galeforcer with double Poison Strike would be able to land a free 2k extra damage per turn on average (~5× multiplier).

It also presumably prevents a Rokkr boss with Fury from taking recoil damage.

For some reason I had convinced myself that damage outside of battle wouldn't be affected by the multiplier, but if it is I can see why they would do that. Would be pretty funny to see a Røkkr do hundreds of damage to itself with Fury though.

B8NUgGQm.png

I went up to the nice round 3000000 score this round. I have yet to have a game without getting a perfect score this event, but that's probably going to change this round with Claude.

Speaking of Claude, does anyone have any good plans for dealing with him? All my strategies in this mode revolves around fliers that will probably get crushed by effective damage pretty fast. I guess I'll have to look into building more Galeforce units with Brave weapons that are infantry or armored units.

Cordelia was easy (why a second lance Rokkr so soon?) but Claude is turning out to be a pain. Anyone found an effective strategy for him?

I tried using three Raven tomes with Bowbreaker with Ethlin for support, but it did not go well. Maybe putting Iote's Shield on Mia to keep her on the team would be a better idea?

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Cordelia was easy (why a second lance Rokkr so soon?) but Claude is turning out to be a pain. Anyone found an effective strategy for him?

I tried using three Raven tomes with Bowbreaker with Ethlin for support, but it did not go well. Maybe putting Iote's Shield on Mia to keep her on the team would be a better idea?

I tried Raven tomes before, and it does not do so well due to being swarmed and ironically has stupid low damage output because raven tomes can only hit twice.

Brave Galeforcers seems like the best way to go for the mode, but I still cannot figure out how to actually do it since I cannot use my Herons for healing.

I gave a WOT!Reinhardt a shot using Astra, but he still dies too quickly. I might try armors next.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I tried Raven tomes before, and it does not do so well due to being swarmed and ironically has stupid low damage output because raven tomes can only hit twice.

Brave Galeforcers seems like the best way to go for the mode, but I still cannot figure out how to actually do it since I cannot use my Herons for healing.

I gave a WOT!Reinhardt a shot using Astra, but he still dies too quickly. I might try armors next.

I tried Sword Reinhardt and Brave Roy plus Rinea and Mia, still no luck. Rinea probably isn't worthwhile but this didn't seem like it'd be close enough to working even without her.

This is so frustrating because on top of ranged and colorless both being things that make Rokkrs harder to deal with, all my best units for these fights are fliers. Azura, Mia, Naesala, Cherche...

My next idea is Roy/Cecilia/Mia, maybe with Abel to round out the team? I haven't built Abel properly yet, but I've been meaning to.

Had to use a ridiculously jank setup, using a Reyson as bait to keep Claude in place (narrowly doesn't get OHKO'd on a def tile), a Rehab+ Nanna to heal him and to pick off minions, a second dancer, and a Darting Blow3/Atk-Spd Bond seal Surtr with brave axe/galeforce.

Re. The Claude Rokkr, I found Knock Back+Galeforce+Witchy Wand to be really effective. Kinda niche due to the skill requirements, but it works on all the maps I’ve seen him on so far.

Spoiler

Edited by LordFrigid

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

Re. The Claude Rokkr, I found Knock Back+Galeforce+Witchy Wand to be really effective. Kinda niche due to the skill requirements, but it works on all the maps I’ve seen him on so far.

Ooh, that looks fun. I wonder if I could make Cain and Abel work for this on Advanced. I'm hoping they'll have enough Def to pull it off. Maybe Sturdy Blow instead of Death Blow...

But first I need to find some random things to refine for Dew.

...Also, this strategy won't work on the map I currently have with him without using at least one flier. It's a desert map with "pocket" squares in the corners instead of corners (either an edge or cavalry-impassable terrain on 3 sides instead of just 2) due to the positioning of water tiles. So I guess I'll just cycle the map out if it's still there after getting my team built.

EDIT: Yo, why is Abel out of SP? Why you do this to me? Getting the SP for Galeforce is so going to suck.

Edited by Ice Dragon